HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

cwtopaz

Yes. Ho Bee is a big organisation. They deals with property as well
happy.gif

aeina

Hi Fanyong,
Me is using Ho bee. very happy customer till now. However, don't think Ho bee renovation has anything to do with Ho Bee group. Hee hee... never thot they will be connected. If i ve the chance to ask patrick, i will ask for u.

Nway, u got email.
happy.gif

sirwin

Hi Chinwoon,

e Ho Bee group tat U mentioned is not e one run by Patrick. If U go to RCB website, will register a few companies starting with Ho Bee.

My hse is currently under renovation, & yes Patrick from Ho Bee is my contractor.

So far, my exp w them is good, responsible & honest.

fanyong

Hi gals,

Thanks... I feel very comfortable toking with Patrick... but so far haven met the deigner yet.. Aeina, is the designer good, can he help in choosing colours and coming with nice designs? Is the designer from Affluence Design? cos Patrick's name card have "Affluence Deign" and "Ho Bee Reno Works"...
How are Affluence and Ho Bee related?

aeina

Hi Fanyong,
hee hee.. u r not first one asking this qn. Refer to post discussion. I have also attached extraction from forum for yr reference.

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/409/72776.html#POST556915

"Patrick bought Ho Bee over from Mrs Tho. Under HDB license regulation, Mrs Tho has to be the partner for 2yrs. That's why u can see Mrs Tho's name. He wanted to change the co's name to Affluence but can't (HDB regulation) Hence, he simply put a bracket beside the company name. Guess he really likes that name. Our contract signed is under Ho Bee. Our cheque is opened to Ho Bee. Basically, Affluence doesn't exist except on his name card."

My designer is Malcolm. He is very nice chap. Willingly to listen to us and give suggestions. I didn't do lot of design. only kitchen and mbr wardrobe. He is good with colours for sure. In fact, patrick also quite good with colours. When me and my bf can't make up our mind what colours or what combination of tiles to choose. We often ask patrick and surprisingly, he is able to choose the right one for us.

fanyong

Hi Aeina,

I see... How much did patrick charge u for haulage? cos he charge me at $450 which I think is ex leh...In the achive thread there are some where the charges only $200 plus..

Also, normally he round off the reno charges to round figure right? Then for eg if the reno cost is $22.9k, will he round off to $22 or $22.5 k? What are the things that u negotiate wif him before signing contract? U mean he actually indicate that "no hidden costs" in his contract? wow, first time i hear this.. So sorry for so many qns..

aeina

Hi Fanyong,

My haulage is $350 but that's becos i have lot of hacking works. I was looking at other people's quote from him. hee hee... i m very kiasu, me always exchange quotation from Patrick's customers. ha ha.. don't let him know. Some of them have higher haulage cost than S$450. So far for the quotations i ve compared, mine is cheaper on certain things and more expensive on other. Plus or minus is abt the same.

Yup, it is his style to give a discount at the end. No standard amt. In fact, everytime when u add in or minus things, the discount value differ in new quotation.. I ve no clue how he derive.

I manage to ask him to give me a small pc of stainless stain backing. Other things he automatically give it to me during process of reno. It applied for others too.

That's what i like abt this contract. The "no hidden cost" and the payment mode.
happy.gif

Hee hee.. as i mentioned before, u can always compare with other quotes and see oh. No problem to ask. Me too ask KK many many qns before/after settle with Patrick. :p

wenn

hi aeina,
i was on leave yesterday. went down to take a look. HDB's contractor haven't laid my wall tiles yet. patrick told hubby to call them today
sad.gif

my lighting trunkings & aircon pipings are done. saw my amended kitchen cabinet designs & will meet their carpenter this sunday. in the meantime, patrick said that we can go buy lights liao... but i'm still confused between the effects of down lights & PLC lights :p

my gilah hubby bought a TV console yesterday... hope reno is done & can deliver in 3 weeks time...

aeina

Hi Vivis,
Thank u. Hdb came down and confirmed the toilet bowl pipe area is leaking so u can imagine the yellowish water leaking from my ceiing are from where... ieeww.. yekkk... sigh... now got to wait for the letter and talk to owner on top. so frustrating. Feel at their mercy.

Hi Wenn,
Oh dear... what is HDB contractor doing? so low.
I ve no idea what is PLC lights too. Anybody has advice?? Mine is make up of normal light, downlight and halogen lights.

Recommendation of where to shop for lights as below:-

1) Chelsea Lighting : Blk 353 Jurong East St 31 #01-115 tel : 65613759 (down lights are cheap)
2) Chan Huat – Heard quite it is good but friend recommend Chelsea cos cheaper than all in jalan besar and balestier.

I bought from Chelsea cos near to my place. My friend did the research. She said she search thru balestier, jalan besar and find Chelsea's lights cheapest.

yr hubby must be very excited. Call up and see if can delay the delivery. My gilah hubby lagi funny... delay the delivery till the arrival of tv console. console is only coming in July and i ve all my things waiting in warehouse for mth. Arrghh... if that's the case, why buy them in first place? electrical appliances prices are dropping everyday. Nway, manage to convince him to get the wm/fridge to deliver at end of may.

Pohbear,
I ve emailed u the details.

HP,
manage to find the right colour combination for yr kitchen???

wenn

hi aeina,
eeee... yellowish water.....

i think i know which part of Jurong east... cos i'm currently staying with hubby at the block behind Fuhua secondary & next to the big long gao
happy.gif

i go check with him later if he wanna get from there... cos i know that he got his lights from the shops there 3 years back! i think PLC is those tubes that looks like fluorecent lighting...

wow, u bought almost everything liao ah... shall see how fast Patrick's workers can do the job...
happy.gif

fanyong

Hi Aeina,

I saw ur pics liao... very nice, agree with the other gals that ur toilet very nice, glossy black wall tiles look classy leh... is that homo tiles?

Yellowish water.. yucks..Why must wait for letter, y cant just go up and tok to the neighbour upstairs?

aeina

Hi Wenn,

Yup, yellowish water.. so disgusting.. sigh...

I know where is Fuhua sec. U r very near there. There is a row of shops. Just drop in and compare prices..
happy.gif

Not everything. Only the main electrical appliances. Other will have to wait till we got more $$$. ha ha...

Hi Fangyong,
My toilet wall tiles are ceramics. Actually, it is not black. It is very dark greenish blue. Nway, we matched it with black toilet bowls and sleek black sink in common toilet too.

We did went out but they r not at home. There is still a chinese double happiness paper cut on the door. believe they just got married. Probably on honeymoon.

wenn

hi aeina,
can understand ur problem... u just have to wait for the couple to return
sad.gif

I went to see the lights last nite.... din really find anything i like. can say that their range is lesser than Balestier but some of the living room like lights are going at just below $200 at Chelsea. Later dropping by balestier again...

vivis

Hi Aeina,

Oh dear! Seems like yr leakage problem is quite disgusting. But not to worry too much, must ask the board to address it.

My kitchen ceiling also got this problem whereby the paint keep dropping. My hubby was saying that there is water trapping outside the canopy that dampen my ceiling area. Have asked Town Council to come down & they willing to rectify the canopy outside.

aeina

Hi gals,

How did yr reno go??

I met up with my neighbour. HDB has informed them and she told me that she is asking her contractor to come. She said she doesn't know why cos she has moved in for 9mths already. Sigh.. hope she can resolve the problem. Now i found trace of faeces drying up along the pipe. really gross.... luckily, it is like water droplets. If not i m not sure what the toilet will smell like. sigh...

vivis,
Wow.. has town council came down to rectify yr prob??

Wenn,
Yeah, the range is lesser. However, if u need to get downlight. They r cheap. Try chan huat. I heard it is very good.

fanyong

Hi Aeina,

At least ur neighbour is ok and willing to solve the problem together... Hope ur problem can be rectified quikly..

BTW, any idea wat brand of air con system 3 is value for money? I am looking in terms of the noise levels and the electrical consumption. Any advice from u gals? thanks.

aeina

Hi Fanyong,

Me too too.. i really hate to see my toilet in such condition. so tired..

I m using Starmex Mr Slim. Supposed to save $$$ but i heard the really durable and good one is Sanyo. Price is more expensive too. Another friend told me that Daikin is good too.

fanyong

Hi Aeina,

I am thinking of using LG or Fujitsu air con.... any comments from it so far? hey, i thought u using samsung? Saw the quote u sent me thought patrick quoted samsung for u? Sorry, me confused liao..

I heard Starmex is good... but very ex right? How much u pay for it?

aeina

Hi fanyong,

Initially, wanna to use samsung but heard not good so i change it to starmex. If u r not looking at inverter, i was told it is very cheap now. I paid 1850 for system 3 non-inverter. Now should be lesser than that.

LG has the most yr of warranty but heard not good too. Fujitsu are most commonly used by my friends. However, was told noisy outside. hee hee...

U can visit gaincity and ask them for quotation etc. I went just to find out the price and the pros and cons.

sirwin

Hi,

I using Panasonic Ioniser non-inventor(sys1 18K + sys3 9k each) from Ben Tampines Hong Seng. Total cost mi 1.1K + 1.7K = 2.8K. Understand from Ben at tat time I can get mit starmex at e same price but in e end I choose Panasonic based on his recommendation + I like to try ioniser function although Panasonic only got 2 ticks out of 3 for electrical consumption for sys3, Mit got 3 out of 3 for sys3. Most sys1 got 3 ticks. All insulation materials are black by default & water pipes bigger at 16mm for e joint points(usual 13mm).

I think no harm to give Ben a call @ 67857382 to get another quotation. My aircon have been install by his team, so far no complaint. His team come down 3 times somemore, 1 for site survey, 1 for trunking & last one for compressor + blowers installation.

Aeina, think e noise outside is cos no rubber pads for e compressors, hence e noise generated from e metal stands of e compressor.

wenn

hi every1,
paiseh, me on leave yesterday to wait for delivery. finally HDB's contractor came down to tile my kitchen bathroom. they were supposed to do it last thursday
angry.gif

aeina, yah... we bought the lights from chan huat last sat. i'm glad for u that ur neighbour responded favourably.
happy.gif

fanyong, we are getting Starmex. long story. at first wanted to get from hubby's fren. in the end, he gave us price very slightly cheaper than Patrick. so hubby ask patrick to do it lor. save me the hassle of coordination. i heard that daikin got condensation problems. btw, toshiba is bought over by carrier liao.

fanyong

Hi win,

I called Ben liao... He also recom Panasonic Ioniser or Mitsubishi Electric Starmex/Mr Slim to me. The panasonic one sounds good... When did u install urs? So far, how u find it? My hubby used to use National... he say the air con not powerful enough leh... How u find ur Panasonic one (last time used to be National)? Is the ioniser effective?
How was the coordination between Ben and Patrick?

sirwin

Hi fanyong,

I installed the trunkings last mth & blowers/compressors early this mth during e renovation. Patrick will advise when I can call Ben to get his guys in. So far my hse still under renovation, but shld handover in 1-2 wks times. I've full-blasted all e blowers twice to chk for coolness, quietness & condensation. So far it cool my bedrms in under 1 hr & living rm in slightly 1 hr+. There is a powerful mode & quiet mode, as for e ioniser, sori, still trying to test this feature correctly, so cant comment at e moment. Note tat my hse is not fully furnished, so after all e furnishings, will try a couple more times.

The thing here is, it will depend where U placed your blowers as it will affect how your trunkings run, e shortest e better, e BTU for it, e workmanship of Ben's team using better materials & avoid condensation where possible & they provide 1 yr installation guarantee.

for e coordination part, to be fair to Patrick, since e aircon is source from yourself, hence U will be involved, but it not tat difficult, need a couple of calls to Ben to arrange for e installation. For e 1st site visit, it's best tat U, hb & Patrick are there with Ben's installer to discuss on how to run e trunkings, pass them 1 key & Patrick will advise when U can call them in.

wenn

hi win,
i think i've been to ur place. is it near to ranggung LRT? cos Patrick brought me to see 1 of the flats there last month
happy.gif

vivis

Hi aeina,

Town Council say they will get back to me in 2 weeks time to rectify the canopy.But he is not sure whether my ceiling problem is caused by the water trapped in canopy. I have to observed further,

Just met up with Patrick this afternoon. He said you are not moving to yr new hse yet due to the leakage problem. Hopefully HDB can get it done for you asap.

Hi Ling,

Shall email you when i get back.

wenn

Went down to my flat yesterday morning. They were fixing the stainless steel pipes & heater. Was there this afternoon & surprised to see that my floor has been washed
happy.gif

sirwin

Hi Wenn,

yes, tat my new plc. nw quite a bit of differences cos most of my furnitures were in over e wkend & after e accessories installation coming this thurs, Patrick is gtg to handover e hse to us. Come to think of it, I started my renov. end Mar & completed early jun, from a bare hse to a fully renovated hse, pretty fast...I wld like to say tat working with Patrick is a success, which till today I am glad tat I engaged him to renov. my hse. I enjoyed every moment of this process, e involvement, decision made & how occasional hiccups were been solved, I do learnt quite a bit from Patrick himself.

Hi fanyong, I used e aircon over e wkend, still cant see significant differences with e ioniser feature turned on in my panasonic series, except tat at 21-22 degree, it veri cold to me but quiet, 1 of e possible reasons is tat e unit is still new, hence I need more time to understand it.

aeina

Hi Vivis,
Yeah, we are not moving in yet. In fact, we only intend to treat it like a resort. hee hee... stay over as and when we like it. However, with the leaking problem, doubt we will stay over. Now all my friends who come over got to use master bedroom toilet cos don't want dirty water to drip on their heads.

The leaking is quite bad. After discussion with HDB and neighbour on top, it is decided that HDB will flood the neighbour's toilet and examine where is the leakage. Even though HDB and Patrick feel that it is becos of the improper installation of w.c suite after examination, my neighbour and his plumber are very defensive and denied the fact; wanna us to go thru the whole examination process. Well... what can we say??? I would also do the same in their shoes. They didn't renovate their toilet flooring and only replace the w.c. suite. If HDB confirm that they need to do the toilet flooring, we will have to sponsor them 25%. In a way, it is a more gain situation for them. bummer... Nway, for long term, we rather pay the 25% of cost. It is better that they wanna to do something about it than sitting on the problem.

Must thank u patrick for sending his guys down to ve a look. It is not really his problem and he is very kind to help us out oh.

Hi wenn,
u changed yr pipe to stainless steel??? Is it better huh??? expensive or not?

Hi Win,
Feel so happy for u. Yeah, i understand how u feel.. from an empty house to our so-called dream house. Even though not designer/expensive house, we feel so happy abt it. Hmm... the first house and we definitely put in so much effort in it. I was cleaning my house on sunday. Wow pian... huge house comes with huge price.. the windows alone are killing me. my arms are breaking after the cleaning and washing.

By the way, Patrick is saying my leaking problem will only be able to rectify at least 1 or 2 mths later depending on HDB and MP's response? Think i should keep the 10% after he has asked his man to repaint my toilet ceiling after problem rectify or not?? However, i feel so bad cos not his problem and i m keeping his $$$. :p what do u advise? As usual, he didn't ask us for the $$$.

wenn

hi win,
glad to hear that ur reno is done & furnitures are in
happy.gif

so when will u be moving in? i'm oso glad that Patrick goes all out to do a great job for all of us.
happy.gif

hi aeina,
hope that ur ceiling can be repaired soon. yup, changing all to stainless steel pipes. it's a couple hundreds more expensive than copper. but since hubby has been using s/s pipes at his place & since he has no problems with them, we decided to do the same for our flat. also, it gives a homogenous look with our chrome mixer taps & shower heads
happy.gif

since patrick hadn't asked u for the $$$, i think u can sit on it if u want. we still haven't pay him for the tiling works bcos ocbc took quite a few days to send us the cheques. will be paying him tomoro...

sirwin

Hi friendzy,
yeah I rem U & ur wife, will be better if I can offered both of U some drinks tat day. sori for this, forgot to store drinks in my fridge.
biggrin.gif

so did Patrick bring U to see other hses besides mine? It'll be gd to there is a hse still at floorings or/and carpentry stage for both of U to view his workmanship.

Hi aeina, although it'll recify in 1-2 mths time, but it's only a estimate, might be longer cos U cant pushed your neighbour & their plumber to expedite on this, so might not be fair to Patrick. I guessed U can asked him whether can get his guys to repaint e ceiling even as far as 3 mths away, if he say no problem, trust him lor. For my last payment, I requested to pay him in mid june, he say ok. But ultimately, it's realli up to U & HB to call e shot, dun realli need to be bothered with my personal comment.
happy.gif

Hi Wenn,
I'll be staying there on ad-hoc basis, mostly is to test all my appliances, cleaning as well as to detect any defects for Patrick to recify, I shld be moving in permanently after Sept/Oct.

aeina

so mad with my neighbour's plumber. HDb confirmed the leakage is due to improper installation of w.c cos leakage only around that area. However, their plumber still insists it is not their fault and refuse to do anything. Patrick offered to reinstall the w.c for them at foc. If patrick broke the w.c., he is willing bear liability. imagine patrick taking up the liability and the plumber still refuse to let him touch it.

The bloody plumber wants my neighbour not to use the w.c suite for 2 weeks and monitor again.

I feel so mad. The plumber shifting all the blame and my bf wants to convince my neigjbour to do all the toilet flr and so as it won't leak in future. i really don't see the point oh. It is the w.c installation mistake and why touch the floor and we ve to incur cost. Argghhh....

fanyong

Hi Aeina,

The fault is so obvious due to ur neighbour's plumber and HDB has also confirmed that liao.. how can they deny responsibility? So irresponsible... Which plumber is this?

Hope ur problem can be solved once the wc is reinstalled..

aeina

Hi Fanyong,
Yeah lor, so mad. Don't know who is the plumber but seem like relative of the family.

Sigh.. so suay. I must say Patrick is so nice to offer help when he is not involved. So gladful that KK introduced Patrick to us.

KK,
Haven't seen u on forum for long time. Thank u so much.

Hi Win,
My bf spoken to patrick. he said he doesn't need the money so soon. Give him after the toilet is rectified. What must i say?? Ai yoh, think i should give him an ang pow or gift or not??? Really kind of him.

sirwin

Hi aeina,

wow, U r realli in a tricky situation here...this is a clear denial of responsibility, wondered can HDB give e authority to get them to fix e wc only & asap? I also do nt see e need to redo e floorings although this is e safest option. another pt. tat U wan to take note is tat sometimes when U offered to help to reinstall e wc foc, they might dig up other problems & said it cld be due to e reinstallation by patrick, so do take note of this.

wow, tat is gd tat he willingly take this responsibility up as well, as for e reward, up to u & hb, is e xin1 yi4 tat counts.
wink.gif

friendzy

Hi win,

Yup, we went to another house to view the workmanship and see some of the tiles after that...

Interested in your dining table. Care to share where you bought it from?

sirwin

Hi friendzy,

also to another sengkang hse? I shld noe whose hse is it then...
wink.gif

The dining table(excluding e tinted tempered glass top, I get Patrick to cut one) is from Bernini & I bought it during Mar expo in suntec @ 1,050(inc. GST).
I wld nt like to recommend U bernini cos' this is wat I read after placing an order fr them, but I considered myself lucky to get it though w slight defects awaiting them to change e parts...

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/409/1929.html?1085647864

I see fr another thread toking abt dining bench:-

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/409/65139.html?1085987588

Hope it helps.

wenn

hi aeina,
wah, their plumber really chao
angry.gif
dun use the wc for 2 weeks is not solving the problem lah! but how come patrick wanna do the job for ur neighbour? if got problems in future, they will blame him leh....

hi friendzy,
if u had viewed another flat in compassvale st, then that's mine
biggrin.gif

FYI, we bought a rosewood table from Oriental Handicrafts at HarbourFront last week. Comes with 6 chairs, FOC glass & FOC cushions. Price is $1688. U can ask them to varnish it in mahagony (wenge), rosewood or leave it natural. My hubby asked them to do in natural colour & no Chinese word carving. As their set is not ex-stock, have to customise in their Shanghai factory.

Really worth a visit to their showroom to find out more. According to their sales, the set is really popular with young couples looking to match their zen design homes. Their head office & bigger showroom is at Henderson, opposite old HDB. Will be expecting my dining set in 2 months time
happy.gif

aeina

Hi Win and Wenn,
Yeah, they r obviously shifting responsibilities, and neighbour is siding their whole plumber. HDB guy also shaking head. Hate such irresponsible people. There is an obvious problem and clear solution. yet they want to complicate things.

Patrick is very kind oh. I must say i m very impressive with him when he took the initiative and willing to accept the liability. We didn't ask him and he just offered. Think he also can't tolerate the plumber. Feel so touch cos it is not really his fault and he can do nothing abt it yet he is willing to help us. I really "yu gui ren". Don't know how to thank him man

kerenelu

Hi Aeina!!

Aiyoh, didn't know u mention my nick here.. hahaa... i have been soo busy, so can only popped by once in a while. And happen to be free today since it is school hols, so pop by take a look. Chance upon this thread! Didn't know this thread exists and so much talk about patrick!

Yah rite! Patrick, the super nice guy! Hahah..

kerenelu

Hi Aeina,

Do u have any slightest idea where i can find Patrick?? Meaning, if he is not out running on the streets, where will he be stationed? Does he have an office somewhere?

aeina

Hi Kk,
How are u??
I also don't know. He is very busy nowadays. Not sure if he found his showroom. Only way is to call his mobile and he is very prompt to answer his call.

friendzy

Hi win & wenn,

I am not familar with SengKang, so i don't know where I have went to....but do I know that the house is on the 3rd floor, and it's quite big!!!

After reading the Bernini thread, it seems scary to me. Glad that everything went well for you.

wenn

hi friendzy
happy.gif

ic ic.. yah, think u visited my place... hee hee...

Update: my flooring, lighting, plumbing has been done... today started painting liao. friday doing grilles & next week doing aircon & kitchen cabinets.

kerenelu

Hi Wenn!

Guess u must be very excited to see the whole house reno up
happy.gif

Hi Aeina!

Oh, thanks. I suspected it is difficult to catch hold of him in person nowadays.

Anyway it is ok. I may get hold of him sometime this year to do another full height cabinet for me
happy.gif

wenn

hi kk!
yah lor
happy.gif

today went down again.... my gate looks funny with the paint colour i chose.... looks too red liao
sad.gif
later ask patrick if can change to darker colour or not....
he's quite nice, we asked if his electrician can come down & help us install a fan at my dad's place... the electrician just finished not long ago... we realised the mounting holes are different when we tried to DIY this morning
lol.gif