Hilton Hotel

elinwokk

I am considering Hilton but seems like many persons have said it is old and that the coordinators leave it up to couples to do all the leg work. Is it still like this now? (bec thread comments were older) Do they have a 8 course dinner other than their std 9 course one right now? Thanks for help, any would be much appreciated
happy.gif

elinwokk

actually just reading your posting moo, i also went to a hotel off the street ... not sure same street or not (lol) and the service was real bad. so hopefully with some feedback i can consider hilton lor
happy.gif
by the way you getting the enchantment hi-tea package ah? i heard not tis not bad
happy.gif

scobido

haha unsure whether we went to the same hotel or not but if we did, then that hotel service is really lousy, not as gd as what pple here said...then again, their service level may vary with e no of tables the bridal couple has lol
professional service should not rely on that, i feel...

unsure whether we want the hi-tea package cos my fh prefers the dinner but i am quite wary abt the prices...we haven't renovated our house thus unsure whether there will be "leftovers" $

u leh, decided?

elinwokk

Nearly decided but the coordinators and people are one of the most impt to me. So far, real bad experiences with a few 5 Star hotels catering "managers". These were naturally ruled out. Figured so bad before I sign off $55k to them, forget it when they get my money!
happy.gif
after sales service is impt too
happy.gif

scobido

$55k ?! u r spending so much on your wedding huh?wow! cool!

wonder whether june's team will still be ar after 2005 cos even if i have a wedding dinner, it won't be next year lo..

any idea whether hilton is having a sept promo?

elinwokk

eh, moo, you are selling a bridal package izzit? which bridal boutique is it with? saw it on another thread lor
happy.gif
dunno about any promo except I think mandarin marina is having $38 off their table for new bookings - something like that. Quite good deal ...

scobido

hi nisishui

my advice is that u go to hilton itself and c whether you have a good impression with the coordinators...cos ultimately, u have to deal w them unless u hire your wedding planner...

i had not spoken to the coordinator and been to the smaller function room, thus i cant comment.

had gone to their ballroom though...high ceilings if i remembered correctly...not 2 bad
happy.gif

nisishui

moo

Traders,Carlton,intercontinental,Marriott and Marina Mandarin. But

traders hotel - i dun like 12 pax per table
Intercontinental - my friends wedding held there.
Marriott - My cousin
Marina Mandarin - My sis in law.
sad.gif

I dun like to go back all these place for my wedding so left with Hilton hotel.

butterkiss

hmm... I went to Hilton Hotel for a wedding banquet once... When the sharkfins came... guess what we found in it? We found a big fish hook!
Asked the manager to come and see and he came up with silly excuses/reasons... in the end, he even brought mini cup-cakes to my table so as to shut us up!
Well, I never blow up the matter coz it wasn't my friends' wedding... It was my mum's friend's son... This is also the reason why my table never make noise... coz all are aunties and uncles...

Considering that it is a 5 star hotel... I feel that they shouldn't have this kind of "services"...

pebbie

hilton was actually one of the hotels on my list, but i must say that i am rather put off with their service and hv struck them off my list.

hv been trying to contact the coordinators for the past few weeks and even left numerous voice messages for Jaclyn them to call me/my FH back so that I can make an apptm to view the hotel, but still hv not heard from them.

This is especially worrying cos I wonder what happens if a Hilton bride needs to contact them to finalise details on wedding banquet......

xiaodingdang

i just contacted one of their coordinators jaclyn. she was quite professional mah. actually i think she is quite nice. maybe the other time when u tried to contact her, she was busy so you have to try her again? or u can ring her mobile then sure sure can get her lor
happy.gif

pebbie

hi xiaodingdang,

hmm..perhaps they were really busy lor, but i thot they shld be quite free since it was during the chinese 7th mth when i called them leh
lol.gif
most hotels hv no business during that mth...guess i was juz unlucky? we could only call her on her direct line cos I did no hv her mobile no. glad to know that u managed to reach her. hv u viewed the hotel ballroom yet? how did it go?
happy.gif

xiaodingdang

hehe, i "viewed" the ballroom bec i was invited to a wedding dinner there just recently
happy.gif
it was ok lor i tot and there was no hiccups, except for the part for the 1st march in the music repeated itself for 5-8 secs. really emabarassing lor ...
now my turn to get married and hilton is one of the finalists. now just deps on whether jaclyn is flexible for requests and needs
happy.gif
there are abt 5-6 venues in finals so also deps on whether jaclyn wants to do business.
actually yah, you rung during 7th month so they really shld have been mor free. but maybe you shld try june. many people seem to say she is more promtp and negotiable??

sashamama

Gd day to all,
I'm Sashamama's FH. Needed some help here.
-If I'm interested in having a wedding dinner
here, who can I contact?
-What will be the things I should look out for when negotiating?
-What extra things I'm able to request for that are not in the standard package?
-What will be the cost now for weekdays and weekends dinner? Per table or any other cost

Thank you. Can kindly send to [email protected]? Thks Thks

sashamama

Dear all,

This is Sashamama..
Mi & FH now looking at Sheraton & Hilton..
Any advice?

Thanks so so much!
Cheers!!!
165260.gif

pebbie

hi xiaodingdang,
thks for your feedback
happy.gif
it's gd dat u hv been to a hilton wedding recently as it makes it so much easier to visualise ur wedding. how was the food overall? did u attend a weekend dinner? i hv heard fr frens that the food is pretty ok..
ya..perhaps i shld try june and see if she is easier to work with
biggrin.gif
will let u know ...

cadburina

Sashamama, saw you at the Marriott thread. See you have been putting same line in all hotels you were interested in. Smart move
happy.gif
anyway I see you are now confirmed on Sheraton? All the bst
happy.gif

sashamama

Dear Cadaryne:

Mi & FH last min decision to have banquet next June, so only started sourcing for venue since sunday! hehe.. Many hotels were on our list, our minds kept changing so needed to find out more from brides on this forum
happy.gif

But due to availability, budget, accessibility, perks, etc., we now deciding between Sheraton & Marina Mandarin.. hehe..

Marriott taken on our dates already
happy.gif

All the best to u Hilton brides!
Cheers!
166058.gif

xiaodingdang

actually giving up idea of having at hilton now. the first contact was okay but then subsequent correspondence regarding details, both Jaclyn and June have not even gotten back to me and each time I rung its alwys Answering Machine. I suppose Pebbie, Butter n NiSiShui were right. This is totally unacceptable for a "5 star hotel" standard! quite lao pok leh. sigh. such a disappointment.

xiaodingdang

marina mandarin's $600 nett on weekdays seem a better deal too guys. and its $38 off per table if we hold our weddings in 05
happy.gif
free flow beer, free certain number of wines and also other additional perks
happy.gif

mspiggy

Hello,
I'm a ex-Hilton bride. Hmmm sad to hear so many bad comments. I was very happy with June service the other time.... true she's always busy and when I rang her, it's always the answering machine. However, you can just leave your msg. She always replied my msg. You can also write email to them, I think they respond better with email.

Overall, I very happy with the services Hilton has provided...before and on my wedding! Everything is in order (I have made a few additional requests and June is very accomodating). So dont worry... everything will turn out well!

pebbie

hi XiaoDingDang,

aiyoh..sorry to hear dat you r also waiting for hilton to revert. perhaps like wat mspiggy said, they respond better to emails?
but to be honest, i will not wanna risk my wedding banquet and depend on emails alone. we left abt 10 voicemails (both FH and myself) previously but no response, so kinda gave up
sad.gif

marina mandarin seems to be hvg a pretty gd deal..seen it for myself. attended a function there recently where the menu & dishes served is similar to the wedding banquet. food & service was pretty gd for the price.
happy.gif
only thing was the ceiling felt a lil low

xiaodingdang

Yes Pebbie. I was all for Hilton until the bad experience. The way I see it the attitude was not very "healthy" a bit on the heck care, no need this person's business mentality. I was very very disappointed. If beginning is like dat then dunno how everything will be after I pay money until the wedding. sigh! To think I was so so keen at first ..

so like you lor Pebbie ,,, kindda gave up in the end ... thanks to the unhelpful experience

cadbury

Hi everyone. My wedding would be next year Oct 2005 and would be having it at Hilton vista room. Having around 20 tables and wanting a small cosy party, thot the Vista room would be ideal. Am a little concerned here after seeing so many negative remarks. But I've got no problem getting June and other staff so far. In fact I heard that right now till end of this year, they have abt 50 weddings to cover so I guess they should be kinda busy. Got pretty good reviews from some friends and relatives that's why signed up with Hilton.
happy.gif

zaitoichi

"THEY WERE NOT BLIND TO MY REQUESTS"
I had my wedding at the hilton last months and i am very happy with their service. I had no problem getting june or Jaclyn. I have to leave messages sometimes but they always return call within the same day. I find hilton staff are committed, professional & very accommodating. Don't worry, Cadbury, your wedding will be well taken care of.

xiaodingdang

Ai yoh - "Garfield Piss" you sure you not June or Jaclyn? *LOL*
Anyway Cadbury, you have to be prepared loh. Bec I think main problem with Hilton is bad response time. They never taken iniative to contact eager clients and alwys are busy. Many persons with numerous posting history have said the same thing. Sometimes, the coordinators check out the forum and come in guises on first or second Post Numbers to put in comments.....
happy.gif
but cant blame them lah

xiaodingdang

anyway for myself I came very close to signing with them. its been a let down for me but that's just me. give them a try to check out yourself yah
happy.gif

xiaodingdang

Anyway on the topic of 50 of so weddings to cover, all bridal couples are important. It is not an excuse. It is about better time & customer management .... Many other hotels are handling more weddings and have no such problems mah

cadbury

Well, I guess since I've already signed on with them I would have to see how it goes. Right at this point, although my wedding is way next year Oct, I've been checking with them on their various vista room decos,menu items and even the usage of the projector, I have been quite happy with their response. Even after signing with them I still have their prompt attention and they still try to accommodate to my needs. Of course I'm crossing my fingers that nothing like those negative comments would happen! Hehehehh....I will keep updates on what will follow on my further liasing with them with regards to my wedding. I hope I won't get too disappointed
happy.gif

pebbie

hi xiaodingdang,

haha..you said exactly how i felt abt garfield piss' comments.
biggrin.gif
either that or we r juz not "fated" to hold our wedding at Hilton. if hilton's consultants are indeed reading our postings, i suppose their service standards shld be picking up so as to "discredit" us. hehehehe...

hi cadbury,
it's nice to hear that u r receiving proper attn from hilton esp since u hv already signed up with them.
happy.gif
i believe this will help set many hearts at ease (those who hv alerady signed up with hilton). perhaps you are more "fated" to do business with them as compared to me. i hope everything goes well for you and do keep us updated ya
happy.gif

cadbury

Hi Pebbie,

I sure hope everything turns out well! Actually Hilton is my second venue. Signed up previously with another venue. Had a very bad experience with them but we manage to get back part of our deposit. Now that I'm with hilton, I personally think I'm getting a much better deal and proper attention so far. Well, I guess if Hilton is that lousy, no one would dare to sign up with them as words spread fast....heheheheheh :p. Will keep updates as I go along the way.
happy.gif

cadburina

Frankly quite unfortunately .. reading from the postings, it seems like its indeed so lao pok everyone has run away. From an impartial point of view, if Hilton guys (yes the brides and grooms have realised we have the Hilton Coordinators in our midst now) got their act together there would not be any unhappy customers. Coz yes, words spread faster than fire. The hotel industry is afterall in the service industry. It would do the coordinators well to remember that. Thus hopefully it'd translate to greater sensitivity to customers ... win win situation for everyone
happy.gif

cadbury

THis is so sad if the negative comments are really real and that the positive comments were from the Hilton ppl in disguise. Luckily my own cousin had her wedding in Hilton last year and it was good, Been to the wedding myself so I know. At least this is real....hehehehhehe....

sun96

hihi...

hilton oso one of my choice n so far their response was quite fast n promptly as mentioned by my FH (all the while he's liaising w June).

but seeing all negative comments here, i started to worry liao...
sad.gif

elinwokk

I for one was considering Hilton earlier in the year. Read some bad comments and was worried. Bore that in mind but tried to keep an open mind. Rung to speak with wedding consultants and was tended to by someone called June. She was rather curt and blunt. I felt there was no wedding feel to the person and didnt feel very special. It was more like discussing for a funeral then for a happy wedding event. Quite disgusted lor in the end. It was the managment style I was unhappy about and the undiplomatic way I was handled. So I am now thinking maybe Hilton is more a corportate style hotel? Just my 2 cents worth as I have had contact before with Hilton earlier on. Thought I'd share ... ...

shane

I had my wedding with Hilton 2 years ago. I must admit that June was not friendly as well. I'm not sure why also. I was also initially quite put off with her. But their prices were right and fit our budget and we went ahead. In the end, everything turned out well and I had a gd wedding. The other banquet mgr was very helpful and nice.

I'm not sure why June is like that. But when ur wedding day draws nearer, I think more emphasis would be put on ur event and she'll give u more attention. She might not response that fast before ur wedding as we normally book quite early in advance - 1 year. So things are firmed up closer to the date. This could be her way of working.

sun96

hi elin n shane

i'm reali appreciates those advise, will take note of tat b4 i make my final confirmation...
thk q
happy.gif

stars03

Hi all,

Juz like to add my 2 cents worth..
happy.gif
Actually i had juz paid up my deposit for hilton for our wedding on 8 oct 2005. We also liaise wif June from the initial viewing of the ballroom to the final confirmation and me and my hubby have not trouble with her and in fact was very pleased with the whole process. She is very friendly and made the whole thing very pleasant n nice. Was glad that we choosen hilton as well.
happy.gif

In fact i juz called her yesterday for some queries n thou i din manage to tok to her but spoken to another lady, i left her a message n June return my call slightly later. I also mentioned to her wat i have seen in this thread as i wanted her to know the kinds of feedbacks hilton is getting and she mentioned that she knows as pp had told her before and she n her staff is trying to improve.

So i still feel that u all shld give hilton a chance and not juz let comments like this pass over.
happy.gif
I am pleased with everything so far..hope this helps..

elinwokk

Really the problem with June with everyone's feedback has been that she is quite curt & unfriendly a person to deal with. Response time being another issue seeing many persons have come forth and mentioned that. It has been the very reason many persons decided to forgo Hilton as a choice. The person who represents the hotel is very impt. If you are feeding this back to her Stars, you should let her know. But then really SB has been ard for so long and June has been in service for 6-7 years, I dont think the feedbacks are taken very seriously. Bec everyone who just had contact with her recently still say she is unfriendly and not very nice to deal with. If there were improvements then I think at least it should be concrete ones not just "hung by the mouth". A wedding is a very important event, once in a lifetime. No one really wants to have a bad memory to live by mah
happy.gif
I still think maybe Hilton caters more for corporate functions and that's why less importance given to weddings and the likes.

stars03

Guess everyone has different opinions depending on whether they r happy or unhappy when communicating wif hilton. Well i happen to mention to june alr even the part about how i do kinda felt that she seems unfriendly at times. Whether or not she has "hear" of the negative comments or not i am not sure.

Juz like to share that so far i am pleased with their response. However my wedding is next yr and it is some time away so it is too early to say. But at this moment in time, i am happy with hilton.

It is up to each individual to judge hence if u feels uncomfortable after reading this thread then do what u will feel comfortable about. Anyway a wedding is all about "you" and you should be the person deciding if hilton deserves a chance..
happy.gif

xiaodingdang

ermmm, actually i also was one of those very disappointed customers. was treated quite shabbily lor during my meetup with hilton manager june wee. some time back now so no grudges hold lah but then i was very shocked.

long time no see pebbie
happy.gif
hope you are doing well yah
happy.gif

xiaodingdang

and for those all there, i was willing to give them chance even after not being able alwys made to communicate to answering machine :D but in the end ... maybe as people say writings on the wall ... have many other hotels to consider
happy.gif
otherwise sway sway sign up and then bad treatment when no way out liao once $ paid up ... ai yoh! i dont even dare to think ... brrrr ...

sun96

hi star,

my AD is 061105, abt 1 mth aft yours...
happy.gif
since onli 1 mth difference, then mayb we can share share info on the preparations and other relevant stuffs when is nearer

all along was my hubby corresponded w June, she did returned my hubby call if he left a msg in her mailbox, i met her once when i went down to view the ballrm n she briefed me n my hubby on more info abt the package.
my impression was she's quite friendly n she'll answer all yr queries lor...
overall, we felt comfortable w her lor....

but hearing so much bad comments abt hilton in SB forum, i can only keep my finger x tat everything will be fine lor...
wink.gif

elinwokk

stars i think your concern about parking has to be addressed directly with hilton guys as they will be the ones dispensing the car park coupons for the URA car park behind hotel
happy.gif