Help Needed with DIY Wedding Prog

kwaif

Hi there,

I'm not good with the computer and high-tech stuff, but I'll like to design my church wedding programme on my own, to give it a personal touch and have a sense of ownership. Does anyone know of any easy-to-learn graphics or computer software or applications that would allow me to do that? Where can I get hold of that? Any other alternatives?

The wedding is this June, and I'll like to learn it quickly so I can send the design to the printers to have the programmes printed soon.

Thanx a million!

smile

hi
you can try MS word and use the font (eg: Nuptical)

it is not too difficult
have fun

er.... btw, will be trying to do mine around april
so if you like, do e-mail me for a soft copy then to modify if you want to

happy.gif

kwaif

Hi smile,

Sorry I took so long to get back to this thread, I dind think anybody would want to reply to my queries
lame.gif

Anyway, I took a look at the website you mentioned, not bad!

But what I'm more concerned about is the graphical design, rather than the wording, of the wedding programme: like what shd the cover look like and how do I come up with it, what size paper to use, how many times I shd fold the paper and still get the graphics to coincide at the edges, etc. I'm thinking of folding the wedding programme in such a way that it opens up like a flower or something like that, so it wun be so boring.

The sample wedding programme covers seen at the website are quite interesting, but I'm not sure if I want to use the "painting-painting" kind shown there, but they do offer some inspiration to what I'd like on my cover
happy.gif
Thanks!

I'm still keen to take a look at your soft copy, will email you sometime soon.

kwaif

S

shunnie

Hi Smile and Kwaif,

My friend had her programme booklet done at this place call Occasions, very nice and very personal. According to my friend, she herself came out wif the design and the girl at Occasions help her put it in a booklet form. They provide full colour printing svs too.

I'm gonna check it out myself. Think u can email them at [email protected]

kwaif

Hi shunnie,

where is this Occasions place? Can tell us what's your encounter with them like, after you have met up/contacted them?

kwaif.

tidyfairy

Hi Kwaif,
Software you can have a go at for graphic design are:
Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Illustrator
Macromedia FreeHand

What kind of pictures do you have in mind for the programme cover? cartoon type or abstract?

I did my own church wedding bulletin. the cover had a picture of me & my hubby. I also have a small collection of friends' invitation cards and programmes - for ideas.

email me at [email protected]
I could mail u a copy of mine if u like.

Is yours a Catholic or Protestant service?

TidyFairy

kwaif

Hi Tidy Fairy,

Thanks for the info provided
happy.gif

Yes, it would be nice if you could email me a copy of the church wedding programmes for can1 kao3 purposes. Think having photos on the cover is also a good way out too, no need so troublesome go and learn computer programs to design graphics
happy.gif

The wedding is a Protestant one.

kwaif

J

jc

Hi TidyFairy.
I would appreciate if you could email me a sample of your program. My hubby is catholic and I am not. And I am given the task to handle this on my own as my hubby is outstationed most of the time. Having some difficulty with it.
So is there anything else I need to do to prepare for a catholic church wedding?
Many thks!
Cheers!
regards
[email protected]

C

ck

Hi Tidy Fairy

I am so glad I chanced upon this thread too. My wedding is in end May, having headaches with the invitation cards and program too...
uhoh.gif

I am thinking of doing the program myself, but would like more ideas and suggestions. Could you please email me your sample to [email protected]? Mine is an anglican wedding.

Thanks alot in advance!
kiss.gif

C

corie

Hi All,

I also do my own church wedding invitation card and bulletin myself. I used microsoft publisher to do the bulletin. I can e-mail your my soft copy should your be interested. However, mine is a christian wedding so the program is just a4 side paper folded into 3. it is different from what a catholic wedding where a whole booklet is needed.

seraphim1970

Hi jc,

I just had a Catholic wedding in September 2002. I am Catholic but my husband is not so our wedding was just a service and not a full mass. Let me know if you need any help cos I planned and organised the whole wedding as my husband who is an amercian was in the US during the months of preparation so I had to do everything myself. I am a very new Catholic and had a hard time figuring out what to do and not to do but somehow with God's grace, I was able to get everything done and the wedding service was beautiful.

Email me at [email protected] should you need any help, I will try my best to help you.
smile.gif

peach

Hi Seraphim1970,

My HTB is a catholic but I'm not and we're going to have a service. I need help with regards to the wedding program. So you have a softcopy of the booklet? If you do, could you kindly email to me ?

Many Thanks
Peach
[email protected]

binbin

hi tidyfairy, can i have a sample of your programm pls??? i think it will be real useful to us leh, my church wedding next month and have not done programme yet!!! arggghhhhh...... my addy is [email protected]....
thanks!

C

corie

Hi Dolphie,

will e-mail you the sample tonight. By the way, do you ahve microsoft publisher? cos, you will need this program to open. Unless you only need the wordings, but not the actual thing.

C

corie

Hi Gals,

I have e-mailed those that had requested for a copy. Feel free to contact me again should your need further help.

abrinas

Hi Corie

Thanks for the program but I cannot open the file.
sad.gif
Went to the website as suggested but still cannot open.

Do you think you can save it in another format eg. eg. in word, powerpoint and send to me again? Sorry for the trouble. If too troublesome, it's ok.

C

ck

Hi Corie and Abribas

I had the same problem too, the Microsoft website has no Microsoft Publisher for download...even though I searched for all versions (I am using Windows 2002).

Corie, if its convenient, can I also have a copy of the bulletin in another format. If not, its ok too. I will try to look for the software
happy.gif

C

corie

Hi Abrinas,

did you download the microsoft publisher program from the net? Or, you can try to search in yahoo for a download of that program then you can open liao.

dolphie

Hi Corie,
Er, I didn't receive any email. Can you please send it to me again? Thanks!
[email protected]

PS: I do not have microsoft publisher, but more interested in the wordings. I can ask you if I have any queries on the formatting and layout?
happy.gif

E

excited bride

Hi Corie,

I haven't received the programme. Can you resend it to me at [email protected] ? I need it pretty urgently now. Thanks so much for yr help!

C

corie

Hi Dolphin and Excited Bride,

I will try to send you again. Pls let me know if your can open it. I sent it in microsoft publisher format and the microsoft photodraw program. These are the only two program that can show the wordings....hope your can open.

C

corie

Hi All,

I am so sorry for any delay caused to some of your here who had requested the sample from me. I had resent to all of your who had requested another mail with the attachment. It is now in microsoft photodraw. Pls let me know whether your had received it and whether can your open. If not, I have extra hard copy which I can meet your and pass to your too.

C

corie

Hi Porkchop & JC,

Have sent your the file. Pls let me know if your had received it and whether your can open.

C

corie

Hi JC,

I will be meeting CK to pass her the hardcopy, as in the actual copy of it. YOu want to meet us, then I pass you one also lor. Still ahve a few extra with me.