Hainanese Brides, anyone???

loveangel

Heard that the steamboat session went well...sorry ah mais, i didn't come cos i was sick.

Petrina: I read the good news. Congrats!!! Another mom-to-be among us.

CSI: How is everything? You must be very excited to meet Baby L. Keep us posted ok?

Dec 15 meet up sounds good to me. Gift exchange will be fun! I'll be back from my (belated) honeymoon so my gift exchange shall be from Japan! Heh.

How is everyone else?? Anyone sharing pics of the steamboat so those of us who didn't go can "partake" in it too?

hazuki

oh pris, thks... we were too engrossed in the steamboat that nobody took any pics... haha

The whole event was very fast. Queued; Ordered; Ate; Paid-Up.

The chatting session was mainly done at the starbucks cafe due to steamboat overwhelming queue...

kitty_li

wah petrina, by then you're in week 29 - 30 ah...airlines would still allow (with Doc's letter), but Doc's will generally discourage coz by then 3rd trimester liaoz. And chances are, you'll be more tired and have quite a bit of discomforts. But if your body can ta han, and Doc is ok with it...then why not lah. Hehs, but like u said lorh. Have to get past your HB and MIL. heehee...

Pris,
yah, getting more tired by the day. Excited, but also tired. hahahaha...

huizz

Nope, we did not take pics that night coz we were either too busy finishing up the steamboat or laughing our hearts out at Starbucks. Too bad u didn't join us then. Gift from Japan ah, dun stress us hor, we dun have as much $$ as u to buy anything as expensive as what u buy to live up to your high standards leh.

Janf, I am going HK next Wed! hurray! Can't wait
happy.gif

m__w

wow seems that there are so many mums to be... wat a pity i missed the steamboat. have u gals been in this thread for very long time?

seems like there is a trip being organise for next jan to BKK? Can I know when? is everything cmf liao?

would like to join in the xmas meet up if the date is 15 dec. cos can find out more info fr u gals as my AD is 28 dec ;p
oh ya, is it the gals meet up or couple meet up?

kitty_li

got a lot of MTBs? heehee...so far, only Loinky, Crystalz, Petrina and me (4 of us only. heehee).

Erm, by now, usually it's a couples thing...but some times, the hubbies are busy, can't join. Good that u can join in the fun on 15 Dec (as if I'm joining like that. hahaha...but at least when u all take pics, I know who is M&W lorh...)

As for your experience with your PG...sorry to hear about that. It's tantamount to harrassment. Think you should bring it up to the BS. In fact, you can easily make a report if you want to. You have witnesses around you...but yah, you should bring it up to the BS.

Well, dun let it affect you too much. Focus on the next impt thing...
happy.gif

m__w

Hi CSI, we did bring up to the BS. The 2 coordinators that my HTB spoke to told him not to get involved anymore. But was very upset when i told the lady boss abt it. All she said was it's individual PG style of doing things and that PT PG is getting married soon. But this doesnt mean that he can do such things to other couples.

was so affected by the incident till had nightmares after crying to bed last night. hard on my HTB he took a cab to my plc to comfort me and rush home to prepare for work before sun rise.

huizz

Nellie, what's the diff b/w a standard vs a deluxe room? Are the extras worth the money?

Hmm as for the Dec venue, shall we go somewhere outside or someone's place?

hazuki

dec venue: i m open to anything. hse wise, the host may be busy cleaning n preparing stuff... outside maybe better. perhaps a chalet? so we can have a place to ourselves as well as no time limit.

m__w

loinky, ya i still hv outdoor PS not taken yet. Schedule on 9 Nov. duno how will things turn out to be by then. Sm more my convocation is on the next day. Hopefully wont affect my mood. "Cross Fingers"

Now enquiring the case with lawyers. See what is their advises/suggestions before deciding wat to do next. or u gals tink i shd just make police report?

Hmm i cant confirm if i can join the BKK yet cos me currently looking for a job. So if found a job liao also duno if the coy let me take lve or not. Been wanting to join my family n relatives to hainan island in dec but their trip is too long. 3 weeks...

kitty_li

ah mais,
I'm moving house (again). Was supposed to help a fren housekeep while they go overseas for further studies. But MIL not happy with the place after we moved in. Say dusty lah blah blah blah, not good for baby etc. (She has her reasons, which are quite valid...so, ok). So we managed to find another place and will be moving end of the month. Right now, I'm looking for a mover...to help us move our stuff across. Anyone has any contacts for good, reasonable priced and reliable movers? Can pass to me pls? Thanks!
happy.gif

janf

sherrie - aiyah me no choice hv to go coz MIL from i hvnt get married till i married for 2yrs keep hinting wan us to go back (tho we are not v keen).. say TH is eldest grandson muz go back pray n let the villagers see his face at least blah blah (tho oredi see his face when he was 13yrs old).. i told him yah!, saw his face liao next time call u frm hainan-dao ask u for $$ ah haha!

me juz now told MIL to shift the date to going back hainan-dao to 19-23dec so tat i can go for our xmas party heehee.. we hvnt buy airtiks tho.. tink shes on the lookout for offer if there is..

csi - my FIL has been using this mover for 3x they shifted hse over the years. u mite wana consider ya:

Ang Ko Toon Transport Service
tel: 64521339 fax: 65521339
(look for Mr Ang-hes the towkay. say Mr Wang blk 234 hougang intro he will know)

m__w

Huizz, I have graduated from my PT bachelor since the beginning of this yr but since the convocation only held once a yr and during that time so no choice la got to wait patiently for this day to come... Recently I just quit my job so now look for another job loh... Hopefully the next will be challenging with good prospect ba...

kitty_li

yah, I missed that out...

Lance, you THINK that is your wedding day ah? Can THINK one meh? Shdn't you already know for sure? hahahahhaha....

hazuki

haha... I juz read the posts... ya lor. Agree wif huiz n CSI. still not confirmed wedding date arh Lance? Either yes or no mah... no wonder huiz wan spank u liao.. hehs...

huiz: c lor. if u all interested in chalet, then i can try to book at NSRCC. more privacy n bigger space. member cheaper... if dun wan hassle, can choose to cater food instead of bbq also. so maybe CSI can join us if she not due yet.

Btw, CSI, when is ur actual due date?

hazuki

nellie: no probs. juz a suggestion. i go wif majority...
Cause i cannot think of anything else liao tat can let us chat in ease n exchange gifts etc...

huizz

Hey M&W, may I have your email please? We have this namelist of our particulars that I am maintaining.... need to go home and dig it out and send to you. But then again, we respect your decision if you decide not to divulge any information of yourself
happy.gif

Silly me suggested a picnic/BBQ at East Coast to Nellie just now. Really stupid idea coz I forgot that it's the rainy season then!

Let me go rake my brains and see if I can come up with anymore hopefully less illogical idea.... hehehe

hazuki

nellie: i very bad organiser leh... if possible, maybe meet in either urs or huiz's hse? hehe, can order small buffet. easy no clean up needed. btw, when's deepavali?

kitty_li

Deepavali is 8 Nov.

Anyway, my actual due date, I can only tell u after baby comes out. hahaha. coz I dunno if she'll want to come out earlier or later. Estimated due date is early december (within the 1st week or so). Technically, I have like, 7 more weeks...heehee...

hazuki

oh CSI... the date i mean is doc given EDD date. so urs abt 1wk dec... ok. then u cant attend the dec 15th gathering le... confinement...

kitty_li

petrina, heehee...I know...haha. I know what u meant. I was just being funny. kekekeke....
happy.gif

Yah lorh. Confinement. If baby not out by 15 Dec, I would panicked...so wouldn't join either. hehs...

Crystalz, we have about 7 to 8 more weeks....hehs.

sherrie

we can have the dec 15th gathering at my hse...since it's a known fact that i can't cook, we can either have potluck or buffet catering at my place...but my hse is v small compared to nellie and huiz' flats..hehe

loveangel

Nov 8 happens to be my birthday! Hee... are we having a gathering on that day?

Huizz: Don't worry about my gift exchange. Perhaps everyone can set a budget (or range) of $x for the gift exchange?
happy.gif
That way, it will help everyone in choosing presents too.

M & W: Hi, i'm sorry to read about your experience with this PG. He has NO professional work ethics! I think you were right to tell the BS and if the owner doesn't care, the owner has no ethics too.

Are we going to anyone's house for the Dec gathering? My place is available if no one minds.

hazuki

hehe, i dun mind anyone's place. but sherrie's place is nearer to my hse... so i vote her hse... she stay toa payoh...

huizz

Yes, Nellie and I had discussed about setting a budget for the gifts but its still q early now. We will inform everyone sometime in Nov/early Dec?

I am very keen to visit Sherrie's place too!
happy.gif
Why not we gather on 15 Dec at her place and give Nov 8 a miss?

zapzap

I'm ok with both venues. Let the majority decide.

Petrina - organising our gatherings are quite simple. Just set a date and time. List out the venues in mind then get everybody's attendance. Of course, the only tiring part is to wait for everybody's confirmations cos not all of us can confirm immediately and must be prepare for last minute changes.

hazuki

nellie: hehs, i leave the planning to u n huiz bah... I'll go wif the flow... Was thinking of nov 8 as i din c CSI for sometime... Dec 15 is fine wif me also.

kitty_li

heehee...the last time I saw Petrina was...her wedding lorh. heeheehee...

Pris, wah...it'll be your first bday as your hubby's wife...
happy.gif

hazuki

yup. CSI came, but those i saw on my AD, i was so busy... nv really chat. So to me, the last time we actually met to chat was in huiz house. *I think*

huizz

Hey if we finally decide for buffet at Sherrie's place, then we can order the mini buffet from Neo Garden? Sherrie, u got this on your wedding AD also if I don't remember wrongly?

I order from them when my hubby's classmates fr M'sia came to our place in June. The food was good! The black pepper pork was so well done that they thought its beef.

hazuki

i got a prob... HB Bday this sun. wat to get him?

sunglasses is out. (he wears spec)
wallet is out. (got him this valentine already)
perfume is out. (got him in DFS this yr)
LFC shirt is out. (he got it in chiangmai)

huizz

Petrina, what kinda bag does he carry to work? A bag perhaps? Or if he has a PDA, would u like to get him a nice new cover? Mine asked for a leather PDA cover for his bday on Tues... haha, heng for me too coz its something he wants and doesnt burn a hole in my pocket....

kitty_li

hehs...yah horh. we stay quite near each other. kekeke...

hmmm, my HB always asks to be treated to a nice dinner. good for me lah, coz save my pocket a bit. But then, when it comes to my bday...I get dinner/lunch treats only as well. Dang...

How about a biz shirt? He needs to wear biz shirts for work? At the end of the day, it's also how u 2 spend the day together lah...
happy.gif
A prezzie is one thing, but also the itinerary for the day can make it a fun one.

hazuki

sob sob, CSI: he's working whole day in sentosa on sun...
We celebrating tmr. So i thinking of buying pressie ltr in the day.

sherrie

okie..we can have neo gardens if u girls decide to have it at my place. i ordered it for my wedding buffet lunch last year. food is nice. nov is tougher for me cos my hubby is on reservist. will be better if he is around. can help me to clean up. hehe.

nellie: will keep ur discount card in mind.

petrina: i think watch is a good idea too.

it's raining heavily at my work place now. still need to meet customers outside later
sad.gif