Hainanese Brides, anyone???

kitty_li

Wah, business class sounds so shiok! Good that you got a chance to sit in business class...
happy.gif
Hmmm, makes me wonder what do 1st Class passengers enjoy manz...

huizz

Huh, Li Ann, u mean your hubby and you were sitting in different cabins? Is it coz he's there for biz and u are following him?

zapzap

Chrysallisph - hubby's friend didn't remember what's the name of the PG.

welcome to our thread, M & W!

Li ann - so shiok! haven't had a chance to sit in biz/1st class. wait till i strike toto 1st prize.

1) Nellie & Hubby
2) Huiz & Hubby
3) Petrina & Hubby
4) Kokoyln & Jolie
5) Lance
6) Stacy
7) Li Ann & Hubby
8) Sherrie & Hubby
9) Pris & Hubby

any changes to the dinner list?

Lance - Since my hubby is coming to the dinner, I might park at Golden Mile Tower.

Dinner Venue : THIEN KEE HAINANESE STEAMBOAT
B1-20 Beach Road,
Golden Mile Tower

sherrie

wow li ann...u sound like you had so much fun there...

haha..talking abt fancl..yes..its so much cheaper in japan..janf bgt for me and pris when she went there..after that, i got another guy friend to buy back for me (but he complained saying that its v heavy!)

hamsterden

huiz, haha, ya, i tag along with my hubby on his business trip. That's why it is such a short trip only. He went to Tokyo on biz class so supposedly biz class back to Singapore too. But he swopped seats with me so he has to squeeze at economy class whereas i get to shake legs at biz class. :p

sherrie, ya, very heavy! i lugged back three cases (30 bottles in total) for her. Is it good huh? Really effective? must drink every day ah? like that will go broke. :p

nellie, me & hubby confirmed our attendance.
happy.gif

huizz

Li Ann, u bought for who? Ya man, I heard the fancl stuff are exp. Dunno whether good to drink too much or not.

sherrie

yeah..my male friend lugged 30 bottles for me..then last mth, my sister went with her bf..she lugged 10 bottles back for me..

hmm..really effective or not? i dunno..but buying from japan makes it more affordable for daily consumption...and the drink is nice-tasting

chrysallisph

gals... I've signed with Thomson!!! Hope I don't regret.. Hubby was kinda pleased with their service and we decided it was too much of a hassle to continue checking out others... so we have DECIDED and PAID a deposit... (keep fingers crossed that we didn't make a lousy decision)

guess now I'm left with finding my AD PG and AD VG... if AD is next June, gown selection in Dec is not too late right?

Hi Li Ann - welcome back and thanks for welcome (double welcome sounds weird.. heh) Wah..very envious about the biz class seats.. your poor and very generous hubby =)

stacy

hi all..

Sorri...MIA so long. Was busy with work as colleague is off for maternity leave and m covering her duties..sigh!
sad.gif

Ah mais, reg the gathering, I will see if how 1st.. might be joining boh lau @ TW during the wkends+monday. Anyway, things not firmed up yet. Will let you gals know if I'll be going for the gathering ya!

hamsterden

chrysallisph... hehs. anyways, its always good to expand our clan further. Plus our other halves, we are big enough to form two tables nowadays.
happy.gif

Congrats! Now you can really conc in choosing THE gown that makes you pretty pretty on your AD. Did you take OTR or MTM package?

janf

yupz liann! - tat time i lugged 1carton (30bots) back for pris n sherrie! damn heavy boy! at 1st i garang tot can handcarry until had to put in cargo haha.. but its really worth buying frm jpn.. 1/2 the px.. and yesh!, NOTHG is cheap in jpn! aiyah forgot to ask u help me buy the dried scallops frm tokyo the wet street mkt.. i luv tat! once start cant stop keke..

till now i no chance to sit biz class yet.. doubt will get a chance too.. but wheneva plane land and we need to get off the plane, i will oways walk past the biz class cabin and take a gd look haha..

huizz

Hi chrysallisph, if you are going for OTR, think choosing gowns in Dec 07 for the June 08 AD provides more than sufficient time for alterations etc. But also need to bear in mind when will your PS be lor.... if its in Mar or sometime earlier, need to make sure they touch the gowns up in time.

U may also like to ask the BS people when they will have new stocks of gowns coming in. You may like to choose your gowns later to coincide with their new stock so u can have more selection also ma.... but also hope that they are efficient enough to alter them in time for PS.

Heh, Li Ann, tell your hubby's boss to get one mor biz class seat for u too ;P.... but think the boss may say, "ok lor, then I cut the fare from your bonus this year..." hehe

It's finally Thurs today.... cant wait to set off for HK!!

zapzap

Hi Hi,

Time for Sat's dinner is changed to 6.30pm. Restaurant doesn't accept weekend reservations. So must go early to 'chop' seats.

1) Nellie & Hubby
2) Huiz & Hubby
3) Petrina & Hubby
4) Kokoyln & Jolie (unconfirmed)
5) Lance
6) Stacy
7) Li Ann & Hubby
8) Sherrie & Hubby
9) Pris & Hubby

m__w

hi gals, thanks for the warm welcome. seems like this thread is very happening ya. everyone so active. guess i got to be active too so tat i wont lost in the maze ;p

is that restaurant which u guys are going a hainanese restaurant? wat does it serve? I got a chalet on this wkend therefore cant join
sad.gif

Li Ann, is fancl really cheap in japan? can i noe how much is cost? is it worth to ask my colleague to buy and send to me via DHL? cos currently buying from sg is damn X.

m__w

Hi Gals, thanks for the warm welcome. seems like this thread is super active. guess i gotta be active too else lost in the maze ;p

Li Ann, is it really cheap to get fancl in jp? how much does it cost? is it worth to get friend from jp to buy n send via DHL? I totally agreed that it's damn X to buy from sg.

huizz

Hi M&W,

Hehe yah we are very active.... and we talk about anything under the sun.... keke.... do come in whenever u can yah? Can guarantee u'll be very happy chatting with us
happy.gif

Hi Gals,

I am new to this thread.my AD is on Xmas and now having some problems. Both family are Hainanese but we dont know the tradition. Anyone can help. wat to buy and prepare. we are so lost now..

hamsterden

janf, ya, very heavy. And it is the first thing i got when i reach Ginza. So my shopping experience is very de short. Can't wait to return back to hotel to drop off the fancl drinks. And i bought one bottle just to try the taste, not bad. But i dun think i want to start on it cos singapore so ex then drink half way then have to stop.

Is the dried scallop thing for cooking or snacks? Is it nice?? i hesitated to buy cos i thought it will taste weird as a snack.

M&W... ya, half the price wor. 1 bottle - 250 yen, 1 case - 2400 yen. converting to sing dollars is S$31.92

hamsterden

hi oshgosh! welcome welcome! there are a few mais here who can help you better than i do. cos i also know little about hainanese customs. I only knew we have very simple custom. Some sweet cakes, oranges and this ball thing (but no one in Singapore is doing it now; it is a lost trade). My own is a mixture of everything... my mum went to a shop in beauty world that helps people to buy all the stuff needed for guo da li. But i think they are more hokkien. i wonder if bugis (purvis st) has such shops?

you see... no help at all...say like no say... :p

hazuki

Hi all!! I'm back... haha... chiangmai so much to see n buy. I bought so much clothes!! Overweight luggage. luckily the thai person chin chye, let me pass. went there wif 1 luggage, came back wif 1 playpen/bed, 1 rocker, 2 luggages... hehe
Somemore I requested for front row seat, he also gladly changed for us. Thai ppl so nice... Unlike aussie custom ppl... Separated hubby n me. hmph!

And also, tat little bugger dun like thai food... hmm, ate more jap food than thai food. Vomited when i ate thai food. deprived my hb pleasure of eating street food...

Massage is good, for me. they knew my situation, so they did lots on my lower thighs, upper thighs n lower back. super shiok!! very comfy... many mths of cramps all disappear overnite.

Oh ya, b4 i 4got... Juz to inform u all that on my wedding day, BC forgot to pass my bear *car deco* to the car shop. therefore my car was not decorated wif the bear we bought. They told us that they lost it n had to buy a replacement for us. When we came back frm aussie, we went to collect our *replacement* bear. But we realised tat it was the Original set of bear given to them which they claimed they had misplaced.

As the whole wedding was over n we were in a good mood, we didn't wanna pursue the matter. But hubby n I was very upset abt not having videos/pics taken of the bear we bought on the wedding car. & that they lied to us.

Anywayz, we're starting work on monday, sob sob... holiday mood still... hehe

m__w

ya the master who calculated my AD also suggest i go beauty world to get those guo da li stuff. say one shop can get everything. My side is hainanse so my aunties suggest we go simple as for the big ball, my FH wanted to get it but my aunt told him tat if broke on the way den bad omen. moreover we also duno where to get so in the end decided to give it a miss

m__w

Li Ann, wow really cheaper den here leh... how i wish someone will help me buy hehe... shd have come to this thread earlier den can ask u buy for me liao ;p

janf

juz came back frm Robinsons raff city. i was at the Itto-Otto shoe counter and wana get a pair of heels then i heard the salesgal talking hainanese to other salesgals and bor-lao immediately eyes big big stare at them haha. so i juz wuliao asked Itto salesgal "ni shi hainan-ren ah?" she "EH!, DU HAINAM NANG?!" i hanged coz duno how to ans then bor-lao started liao....... wah, the 3women+1 fat man talked n talked for 15mins like the whole robinsons is theirs and so loud somemore i nearly faintz! said we shd go back hainan dao lah, now v nice lah, got firecrackers to set off lah blah blah.. the 3 of them are from WenChang and married to spore for 10yrs+ liao so they are v localised.. frankly i cldnt believe they were frm china coz the mandarin they spoke so sporean..

aft i decided to make payment at counter, Itto salesgal went "FAT BOY, REM TO ASK UR PAMA COME HERE BUY SHOES AH!" he luff luff luff hahaha..

rilo82

janf: Your hubby very steady lei, so sociable. Enjoy your concert!

petrina: You looks like you enjoyed yourself there. Must be fun.
happy.gif

I going out now to meet you all ah mais. See all of you there!
happy.gif

mosburger

hi all, how's the steamboat? i came back from KL tdy. yest was my dad's 49th day, so i flew in on friday evening. had so much work to do that day, almost missed my flight. hubby and i ran like mad to the check-in counter and thankfully they let us board e plane! e plane was set to fly in 15 mins' time. phew...

e plane we took is JAL transit flight. wow... i enjoy it so much. e plane is very nice leh. 1st time took jap airlines. our line of work practically impossible to take leave unless hols. becoz got no time to rush into KL, so flew in. tix expensive but worth it. i asked hubby nxt time can go jap together then can take JAL again. so comfy... all this while always take budget airlines... suddenly like sua gu like that. haha...

janf

yupz all, how was steamboat yday?

mos - only u n hub went? ur ma n siblings?

forgot to reply liann - yupz the dried scallops are snack food.. good to accompany wif beer etc..

mosburger

janf, it must be nice to hear them speak in hainanese right. i felt so at home when i was in KL with my grandma, uncles and aunts. though i could only understand some simple words they mentioned, i stupidly add on to their conversation in simple, broken hainanese. and my uncles and aunts said my pronunciation was very accurate but a pity never had the chance to learn more. haiz...

mosburger

they all took leave to go in on friday morn. my mama not wrking. me gotta work only went in the evening. need to prepare things for saturday morn so couldn't go in by bus. by then reach very late then nobody can fetch us.

janf

yupz mos, really felt so at home feeling hearing salesgals speaking our lingo.. my ma once oso chat up a lady selling FeiSiong fishcakes etc at ck tang and ended up secretly giving my ma 2pcs more keke.. so i jokingly told my ma mayb it cost her her job by giving u tat 2extra pcs haha..

dun be sad ya.. aft settling the matters, it will only strengthen the bond between ur ma and ur siblings.. treasure ur family more coz nothg beats own family..

zapzap

Morning everybody!!!

The steamboat was good but cannot go on a weekend. It was super super crowded. We were quite lucky to get a big table.

It's also time to arrange for another gathering. Guess it will be in December, b4 Christmas time. I believe most of you have plans on the eve of Xmas already. Let me propose 15th or 22nd of Dec. We'll have a simple gift exchange and yummy food. How about that?

huizz

Hi everyone!

Yes, the steamboat was very nice... I think much better than the 7th storey one. Even the pork chops are nicer... not as dry as the 7th storey one. And the Starbucks session after that was soooo FUNNNN!!! Laugh till tummy full and jaw ache man.... hahahaha

Hey Nellie, good idea to meet up for Xmas. I cannot make it on 22nd coz going Bintan (again.... hopefully weather will be good then). I can make it on 15th though.

kitty_li

Hmmm...X'mas party already on the drawing board eh? hehs...so fun. But me confirm cannot go. Hahaha. I'll join the party from online...on this thread. kekekeke...

Then after that it's a gathering in January....but dunno date yet. Heehee...

hazuki

hb n i enjoyed the steamboat... very nice. reunion dinner feeling. haha
Yes huiz, esp the starbucks session. all secrets revealed...

nov any holiday? if not muz wait till 15th dec.. i'm ok wif 15th. if i m fit to come...

sherrie

dec sounds good! hehe...was just telling my hubby that our gang is very on...almost meet once in two mths/ either makan session or wedding...

huizz

Hehe, dec Xmas party, Jan Bangkok (my boss say I can go liaooo!! hurray!!), Jan man3 yue4 jiu3 for little CSI, and Feb CNY celebrations... hahaha, we reli v onzzz....

kitty_li

oh, I washed my baby's clothes over the weekend. So cute!! all so small...hang along the line. heehee...and the booties and mittens. So cute to see them hanging in one row...heehee. And I used the baby laundry detergent, there's this very "baby" smell after washing the clothes. I kept telling hubby, the clothes smell so "baby". hahahaha. Think I'm mad. Oh, and I actually took out the laundry to hang! (Usually it's hubby who would do that, and I try to help him out). hahaha...

hazuki

huiz, so u buying TG tiks or SQ tiks? Cause i may not be able to go, will noe after tmr appt wif gynae. If i can't go, if u buying TG tiks, then i transfer to u. I've checked prices online le... TG now 200+ per tik. If u travel by SQ then nvm.

zapzap

Hi all,

we'll set the date as 15th Dec for our xmas gathering.

To all the new ah mais who just joined our thread, please join us if you can. The more the merrier.

btw, I need a final confirmation of the rooms for our BKK trip. Just checked the room rates today, they are increased by a dollar. seems like the prices are changed every week.

zapzap

Petrina - Huiz had bought the ticket together with us, remember? It was her hubby who later wanted to go but can't now cos he didn't have enough leave.

huizz

Ya lor, petrina, Nellie is right. I have booked mine together with you the last time. It's my hubby who thought of going but now realise he can't liao.

hazuki

i forgot... i bought urs, nellie, liann & mine together...

tat sat i also asked u mah... then u reminded me. i forgetful recently. dunno y... i actually counted. by then i in 29-30wks. so i think can bah... utimatly it's my hb n mil.

Nellie: will try to let u noe asap. sorry for the delay.

janf

glad tat steamboat was great!

arghh i cant make it on 15dec.. most likely going hainan-dao 13-16dec.. 20dec is a public hol ya but next day is a working day.. anw, keep it on 15th since all of u can make it.. will see how it goes..

when is huiz going HK?