"Guo Da Li (过大礼)" ??

kerenelu

sent
happy.gif

hopeinpeace

Hi kk

Thanks so much! I was just wondering anyone of you on the bride's side actually treat the returned amt of dowry to the groom as the money for the groom to buy land? Or you have a separate ang pow for that? That means the returned dowry in the original dowry packet and the ang pow for the groom to buy land are 2 separate ang pow. Both families now having big dispute over this issue. Can someone enlighten me pls? by the way, we are both hokkien.

jol

Hi kk,
Me a hainanese while FH a hokkien too! Both families know nuts about the custom & yet mum insisted that GDL must be followed... *headache*
Cannot any-oh-how send off her daughter wat!!! Can send me your list too!? [email protected] I think it would be a great help! Thks!
happy.gif

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi KK,

Would you like to send me the list and I'll upload it here for others to download? It may be easier for others who require it.
happy.gif

My e-mail addy is [email protected]. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

With a <font color="ff0000">BIG THANKS</font> to KK, the file can now be conveniently downloaded here by clicking on the icon below:

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
Some Wedding Preps of Chinese Customs
Wedding prep.xls (23.0 k)</td></tr></table></center>
The list can be used as a reference.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

oranges

Hi kk
I will like to consult u regarding "no brothers/ah yees suppose to clash with couple".But unfortunately our brothers &amp; ah yees clash with us(both of them is our best friends)so how? I did ask the feng shui maaster,as long as they don't see u directly when bridegroom coming to fetch me, comin out of the bride car. But we really don't know is it good enough to do tat? Wat do u tink? sigh...when the feng shui master told me i also felt very sian.

Dear all, pls give me some advise wat should i do ?
sad.gif

thks

kerenelu

Hi Oranges,

i think if ur fengshui master say that is ok, then i presume so.. kekekee... dun worry too much lah, i think it should be ok
happy.gif
It just a good thing for me that our brothers and ah yees dun clash with us
happy.gif
Yah, avoidance is the bare minimum the pple who clash with u two can do, after that should be ok liao
happy.gif
Anyway they are ur best friends!
happy.gif

babyvon

Hi All,

Anybody knws where to get the GDL stuff? Who shld b the one deliver'g the GDL stuff to my parents' plc...Can my hubby &amp; his mom do it? Or must they get sm1 else to do it? Thks!
happy.gif

pausini

BabyVon,

Chinatown have alot of all the GDL stuffs but not as cheap. I think u need to refer back to the old posting here to find out the places.

Ur MIL are not suppose to come along during the GDL. Ur hubby can come along and he can ask either his friends or someone elder in the family (like his aunt, sister) as Mei Po to hand all the GDL stuffs to ur parents.

to my MIL, she also see whether the "Mei PO" crashed with anyone in my family especially my mum and me cos they have to hand the GDL to my mum mah. Like Dog and dragon etc etc cannot cos they crashed with each other.

So really depend to wat extend of Patang-ness both parents are.

babyvon

Hi Pausini,

Thks alot for the info! My mom's pretti traditional...Tink she'll mind who clashes! Will chk with her agn. Any idea which part of Chinatown...I recalled thr's tis thread on a plc in Jurong West. U've any idea? Thks!
happy.gif

pausini

Hi Babyvon,
I live in the East so i got all my GDL stuffs at Parkway parade market place.

But i heard from my mum that the shop downstair got some of the items cheaper.

Wat GDL items are u getting?? As my mum is not very strict that kind to follow all the items must get so she only get those that she feel must get for me.

If u mum is those very traditional type then u should visit those who know abt all this cos they can guide u. But have to be careful cos u may end up buying too many.. hee hee..

cheers

hi BabyVon,

the shop @ jurong west that sells traditional wedding stuff..
Blk 506 Jurong West St52 #01-180
closed on mondays!!

tianyun

Hi Cheers,

Ya, I've heard my mum mentioned about this shop selling wedding stuffs, and told me dun buy the towel cos their dog sleeps there...hahaha...

oranges

Hi kk

Thks for yr advise.

Hi babyvon
I bought my GDL stuff in Chinatown quite xxx. Tink u better go to the shop which these gals recommend maybe is cheaper.

okeanosmao

hi babyvon,

can try jur west there..my bro bought his gdl things there, the auntie will explain to u in full details on wat to do tt day.
dun go bukit timah there n buy..expensive &amp; the service no gd.
bought only few things there n the lady there seems so arrogant whereas another couple bought $100 over of things the guy serve them so gd.

babyvon

Hi Gals,

A "BIG THK U" to all for ur contributions! M stay'g in Jurong West so it's reali wonderful to hear tt the plc's in JW too.
biggrin.gif
Convenient for my mom too since she's stay'g in Clementi.
happy.gif

May i just chk roughly how much will evrythg cost? I'm a Hokkien. Oso, wat time does the shop open? Thks!
wink.gif

voice_0229

hi babyvon,

my place is at jurong west too, and my parents stay in clementi! so coincident...where in jurong west r u residing?
happy.gif

babyvon

Hi Voice,

I'm stay'g at Westwood Ave, smwhr near Jurong West St. 74. Which part r u at?
happy.gif

Hi Evon,

Thks for the info!
happy.gif

Hi Ladies,

I went to the shop to take a look...it's a small poodle...reali cute! Haha! Told my mom to go thr to look for the stuff...I just went to c the dog...Hehe!
lol.gif

sfb

Hi All,
I need some help on this.
Can someone advise me what is the market price of an extra photo of 15R?
Thank you.

kerenelu

Hi sfb,

can u give me ur email so that i can give u the details?
happy.gif

Hi yoyo,

U can download the excel file in earlier thread posted by chin leng. He has uploaded the file here. Thanks.

oranges

Hi Gals

Do u hv any lobang for catering? Prefer foods wif less MSG. Tight budget,hopefully can get $9/head cos we hv ard 30 guests. Tink i saw the're chgin stools as well?
Thks

gebbera

Hi Chin Leng,
pls help. I cant open that "GDL" excel spreadsheet that KK had provided. Tried several times but failed. Need this infor. very much.

Hi KK,
Can you pls sent it to my personal email address?
Would appreciate your kind help!
my email address: [email protected]

Looking forward to your email......

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gebbera,

I've e-mailed you a copy of the spreadsheet. Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Regards,
Chin Leng.