Grand Plaza ParkRoyal Hotel

max0924

melissa, i been to crown hotel for a function dinner a few years back, it was not nice. did u go down to see the 2 ballrooms? wat is your feel? wat are u comparing with? its a very individual preference lor, i will go for GPPR
happy.gif

summer1979

hi melissa,

Last time me oso got consider crown prince...but when i go there..there are wall the block which i dun like.

i jus ended my wedding last week 2 GPPR, its been a pleasant experience everything was smooth..everyone love the yummy food!!!

once i got the phots will post here.

cheers,summer

greengal

Hi Melissa,
you ask here, sure ppl prefer GPPR one ;P
i think depends on yuor priority, price? location? food? ballroom?
think most of us love the ballroom here for its high ceiling and no pillars.
crown ballroomis a tad older, got pillar (iirc) but got a nice long march in (some ppl this is impt, though I prefer mine not so long)

mine is upcoming already... but i find my tables like a lot of empty seats, as in 7-9 ppl per table. then cannot anyhow put 1-2 ppl so lonely sit there among strangers right?

wonder anyone else face this? i become very worried... wondering most of those whose wedding had passed, how was the AP takings for the night?

minkey

hi greengal

its best u sit down & rearrange ur guest lists again..for example, u cn take out couples & put them into the empty seats or mix them wif ur hubby friends or colleagues.

i did face sm dilemma earlier. but i managed to rearrange & in the end, i think i only have a table that have abt 2-3 empty seats. & the rest all turn up.

i have guests who gave rather generously..so they helped to cover those that gave unexpectedly low..

katkohcf

Hi Greengal,

I agree with Minkey too.

I helped my friend to co-ord the tables on her wedding banquet. Sometimes you have no choice but to re-arrange to ensure that all seats will be occupied.

Even that night itself, some of her guest didn't turn up and I got to check with guests of the most empty table if they mind moving to another table.

Most of the guests are very understanding and co-operate cos they know it is costly. In the end I managed to help her save 1 spare table.
kao_wink.gif

The precaution is that you put the relatives together cos they are usually the hardest to move around.

michnlaw

hi all
happy.gif

i am still deciding on which hotel/restaurant to have my wedding banquet.

Am looking at this hotel.

Anyone has anything on this hotel to share. Its kinda diff to go thru the archived threads...

Stuff like - wedding packages, etc.

thanks!
-michelle

katkohcf

HI Michelle,

When is your big day? GPPR has only 1 ballroom so if its booked on your big day then you will need to forgo this hotel.

The wonderful thing about this hotel is that the ballroom is pillarless, therefore you will not face complaints that guests are blocked from seeing your march in.

Only setback is that the ballroom isn't very big, max can put up with 35-38 tables. However, with 32 tables, the place is already very cramped.

In terms of food so far the feedback is that its very good. Food is said to be from the Szechuan Tou Hua Restuarant.

My fiance is a Wedding Photographer and had took several weddings at this hotel. He said that the bridal suite is really beautiful and grand, great for pre-dinner photos in the room.

There was a couple who wanted my fiance's service but too bad their wedding date coincide with ours and the best part was they also wanted to book GPPR. Ha Ha ha and so the fastest couple won!

Hence, I did not regret booking this hotel as my venue.

P.S If you can afford to wait look out for their Wedding Show, that's when you can get really good deal for the banquet.

katkohcf

Dear XHZ,

kao_babydust.gif
His partner will be taking our AD photo and another partner will be our videographer.

But my fiance did tell me that he is quite immune to the big day's SOP already, having been through so many couples'.

So I told all my wedding helpers to tekan him hard hard to make the day forever memorable to him
kao_laugh.gif

michnlaw

Hey Chye Fong

thanks alot for sharing!
happy.gif

will consider this, i have emailed them last Fri, but no one has responded so far.

So see how ba
happy.gif

max0924

Hi Michelle,

It will be best if you could get the package from GPPR themselves. I guess none of us replied bec we may have gotten different packages, different prices due to the entitlements, promotions and sales person. The best alternative is to get it from the hotel and make an appt to view the hotel ballroom, seeing is believing, pictures can be deceiving and subjective. It may looks nice to me, but not to u. If they still did not reply your email, you should call their frontdesk to check, and briefly commented that no one responded to you, maybe they will do something to compensate, i not sure....haahaa....but service in hotel line is very impt, if someone complains, it reflect bad.

all the best to u
happy.gif

bride2bee

Hi Michelle, I agree with MomO. Each of us will have a different package. It depends on what are your requirements n needs. You can discuss with the coordinator. Ya, I agree that its quite difficult to reach the sales person @ GPPR. You can try to look for Michele, she is the Senior Banquet Sales Manager. She is very nice and provides great service.

summer73

Not only diffcult to get sales person @ GPPR....All BTB got to be careful when you wanna book GPPR as their sale executive Veralyn is super lousy....NO patient, Miss No No No, every single word out from her mouth make you feel uncomfortable... she is representing GPPR, a wedding co-ordinator need to be someone willing to listen, share & at least cheerful. Our Miss No No No can hardly put on a smile & her face expression simply tell you "I'm tired, dun mess with me" Who will wanna had a wedding to be prepared by her??? Definately answer is NO... How I miss their ex-coordinator 3 years ago who done a wonderful job for my little sister... really really very DISAPPOINTED with GPPR. If u really want to book GPPR, use other sale manager k ^^

ariesta

hi all, just went to plaza parkroyal hotel for wedding dinner. dun know if this is the same place. its at beach road...but it was GREAT! there were 2 ballrooms and 2 weddings going on...however, there was a staff to direct you to the correct wedding. hahaha....abit funny. but the service was great. very prompt. plus good food......yummy!

bel_vodka

Hi Wasabi:

have u got yr BS?
Show ur msg in this thread tt u are looking for BS.
I signed up with My Bridal Room
Their services are gd and they got all kinds of new gowns. u may wan to go down n have a look first Den decide.
don worrie they wun force u to sign the package one
happy.gif

bride2bee

Hi Emily,

I already signed up with Sattine Bridal. Actually I was comtemplating btw MBR & Sattine.and in the end I choose Sattine as my hubby-to-be likes the photography style at Sattine and I personally feel that MBR have quite limited range of gowns. Its just personal optinion. But I think MBR is a good one. Thanks for making recommendations!!

berszewai

Hi everyone,

We just had my AD and most of our guests commented that the food and service was good. They also like the serving of canapes during the cocktail reception.

Both the banquet manager and the operations manager overseeing the 3 weddings at the hotel that night, came n gave us suggestions on what to do next. They constantly remind us so that we will not be nervous and forget what to do next. The banquet manager will also constantly update us on the consumption of wine and hard liquor.

For first dish presentation, instead of the normal song with the lights effects, we showed MTV of the song. They have 5 mtvs to choose from and while your guests are captivated by the mtv on screen and lights effects, the servers will enter the ballroom with the first dish. The server assigned to the VIP tables are experienced staff and not part timers, they'll also remind us on what to do next.

Although their carpark is small and can be quite squeezy, once their carpark is full, the hotel staff will valet park for your guests free of charge at the carpark next door. Hence I only used half of the complimentary parking coupons.

We had 29 tables and is not too cramped. The tables are laid out to fill the whole ballrooom and the pillar free and high ceiling of the ballroom makes it look quite grand. Not forgetting the exclusive space outside the ballroom for cocktail reception if there's no function going on in the rooms next door.

We had the Govenor's suite which has an outdoor jacuzzi, from which we can only see the upper floors of nearby Excelsior Hotel. The suite has a cigarette smoke lingering in it and is starting to show signs of deterioration.

Overall, we will strong recommend this hotel to those looking for good food and service and a pillar-free ballroom.
happy.gif

max0924

hi bernard and sze wai, congrats to your wedding. think your photos not ready ya? can share with us when its done? i keep worrying abt how it will turn out coz the aisle is short, in fact very short. can i ask how was your march in? how long does it take?

berszewai

Hi momo,

my photos are not ready yet. dun worry about the short march in. what we did is to walk slowly, take ur time n smile to the guests. entering from both doors and meet in the center. for the second march ins, we switched doors to enter... still enter from 2 doors and meet in the middle. maybe about 1 min to 2 mins for the march in.

katkohcf

Dear all,

Do you know who I can call for the food tasting? My AD is on 14 Apr 07 & I would like to have this off my to-do list.

berszewai

Hi Chye Fong,

Contact your coordinator. The one whom you signed up with to arrange for a food tasting and maybe get ur invitation cards at the same time?

madrock

Hi All,

Anyone interested to have the invitation card (White). My AD is over already but they have given me a lot of extra. If anyone not enough please let me know and I will pass to you.

lavis

Hi, Bernard and Sze Wai (berszewai)
Congrats! Good to hear that u had a wonderful night with GPPR. Just a little bit concern abt the coordinator's service. May I know who is ur coordinator?
Tks!

lavis

Well, hope the service provided by hotel's coordinator wouldn't really affect the wedding dinner. I met up with Vera, she is not that helpful, only doing a Q&A session with us, didn't really provide info for the wedding package, and her attitude was so so only. I don't know whether they are aware of it or not, the service provided by the coordinator is equally impt as the wedding package it self. Still hesitating to choose GPPR. So far, the best coordinator I've met is Steven from Marina Mandarin.

berszewai

Hi Lavis,

Dun worry about Vera, if you really dun like her service, try asking for a change of coordinator. Saw in this thread before Vera's boss is Michelle and she is very good. I do not have her contacts. For us, everything we liase is thru email and I print them out. Lucky on the actual day when discussing with the banquet manager on duty, only minor details were left out and able to rectify on the spot. The banquet manager and operations manager on duty that night were very much better than Vera.

If your concern is about cost and quality of food, then GPPR will be a very good choice for u, unless Marina Mandarin can reduce their price. They are pricey if I'm not wrong.

lavis

Tks! berszewai,
BTW, what's ur guests' comments about this hotel? Guess not many plp heard of it before, and somemore the hotel is changing the name again to Grand Plaza Park Hotel.

berszewai

Hi Lavis,

Our guests commented that the food was good and the ballroom quite nice, pillar free and large screens. Not many heard of this hotel but you tell them its near to Funan Center and Penisular Plaza, they roughly know where. Somemore we have included location maps together with the invitation cards?

They going to change name again? Guess more people knows its as Grand Plaza Park rather than Parkroyal on Coleman St.

jodareth

<font color="aa00aa">Congrats Sze Wai..
kao_wedding.gif

Your big day over liao..Rem to upload AD photo when ready.. Planning for Honeymoon??
biggrin.gif

Agreed Vera, need abit of pushing to get thinks done but overall they can work tinks out even there's any minor hiccups..

Reali live up to the rest of ex brides's comment..Food portion was BIG!!
My guests &amp; Relatives eat to the fullest till some were already full at 5th or 6th dish...
The Fish was thumbs up too.. was abit worried that might not be fresh..

Overall, This hotel is good for the food &amp; High ceiling too, plus gd location.. Except minus point=Cramp/Squeezy as we hold 32tables...</font>

berszewai

Hi tattyhug,

Thanks. Our photos are still being touched up. Will upload to multiply once we get them. Going to honeymoon in Feb as in Jan no group departures.

Yours 32 tables really is cramp. Mine 29 tables and we have one table right in front of the projector screen.

berszewai

Hi Jennifer,

Have you checked with them what's the maximum capacity of the ballroom? 35 tables will be very cramped. I need to go back check whether I have photos of the suite.