Grand Plaza ParkRoyal Hotel

summer1979

Hi Juzgal,

Which is nicer leh?Print direct or inserts?
To me i wont mind spent time to tie gold string
I tot cards with insert look nicer lor.
Btw which card design u chose from GPPR (red or beige).

In fact me getting both design leh.

Brgds/Summer

juzger

<font color="aa00aa">hey summer,

i prefered print on it better. coz GPPR card dun suit insert type. my view only.
i chosen red one, nicer.</font>

greengal

hi JuzGer
just curious what colour u print for the words? how many pieces and how much? :p

we were only given 200 cards for 25 tables leh. u gals leh? enuf not har?
sad.gif

thanks

juzger

<font color="aa00aa">hey greengal,

i chosen gold color. same 200 pcs for $80.
now cheaper 200 pcs for $70.

sure enuff. i still got left over many cards.</font>

pinkycat

Hi Summer, Greengal &amp; JuzGer,

Wld like to know how many cards will be given by GPPR? Need to print extra cards?

Btw, how many tables incl reserves u all getting? Cos at the moment, I can only estimate for 24 tables excl. reserves. But GPPR stated min 25 tables. Can I neg for 24 tables + 2 reserves? Pls advise me
happy.gif
10s

summer1979

Hi Juzger,

Thks for yr feedback on using red card with gold colour.

Might consider using gold colour to print direct.

Btw did they let u see diff in printing direct &amp; insert?Maybe from there i can judge lor.

Cheers,Summer

summer1979

Hi christine,

Min its 25 tables lor.

I would suggest u take 25 + 2 reserve tables.

At most u must 25 tables dun open the 2 reserved tables lor.

P/s: Nobody would tk 24 tables lah gal...not auspcious lor. I thk one more extra table u can find fren to fill up lor.

Brgds/Summer

juzger

<font color="aa00aa">hey cristine,

GPPR normally give 70 or 80% cards base on the tables u take.
min is 25 tables + 2 reserves. think no 24 min.

hey summer,

thanks!
happy.gif

maybe u can request for it.

hey xiaohouzi,

think below 30 tables will be better.</font>

greengal

Hi gals!

Summer> Let me know if you're going for inserts or direct? I went to some shops (Bras Basah) to ask, but seems GPPR cards not so apt for inserts leh. Too big liao. But the envelopes very pretty hehe

JuzGer> hey wondering if yu don't mind, can you can share the pic of your cards? I'm sure summer would like to see the final effect too? As for the price, maybe I got it wrong. ask too many liao haha... how long did they need to print the cards?

cristine> err think their min is 25. but if never open can come back another day to utilise right?

xiaohouzi> i think GPPR max capacity is 35 tables so 32 is almost packed liao. But in theory I guess still can take, but might be cramped, probably narrower march in?

summer1979

Hi Greengal &amp; Juzgal,

I would love to see the effect on printing directly on the card.Hmm i yet to get the chance to see the envelop leh..really nice??

Jus fyi,i am getting abt 300 cards (thou i get 25+2)cos mostly will open the reserve tables lor.

I was thinking abt how to do the march in?Since ailse is so short lor.

Can any gals share how u do it?Any special march in to recom?

Cheers

emider

<font color="aa00aa">hey greengal n summer,

Im so sori, i throw away all my left over wedding cards loh. their red card pair with pink envelop quite nice.
BTW 200 cards is enuff liao. think 300 too many. my view only.</font>

summer1979

Hi Emider,

Jus take extra jus in case printiong error or writing incorrectly lor.

Any left over, can give to the gals here..

Cheers,Summer

kar

summer, agree that the ailse is short, can only think of entering frm diff doors, then the groom enter first, then followed by the bride and meet at the centre. still thinkin abt other ways... hee

pinkycat

hi ladies,

thanks for sharing yr views
happy.gif

Greengal, u mean if I get 25 tables n i didnt open one table, GPPR allows us to come back n utilise huh??

So anyone here using Crystal theme?

greengal

think most places should allow but u'll probably need to negotiate for it =) normally think they will deduct a couple of dishes tho. we din bother asking coz should be can fill. we aiming to fill one of the reserve too :p

shgoh8

hi GPPR brides,

I went to GPPR and view the ballroom again few days ago, and realise that it is going to be quite diff to put in 30 tables. The width of the ballroom is like very short.

Think the march-in also will be quite short, hm.. what shld we do leh.. walk slowly? haha..

hammies

hi,

anyone has wedding packages from GPP to share please?

Anyone has the direct email and contact no. of a coordinator can let me know also? I am searching for a venue now.. hehe thanks!
happy.gif

my email is [email protected]

emider

<font color="aa00aa">hey cristine,

i dun think so leh. need to be clarified?
i used their crytal theme. quite nice...</font>

kayabread

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if the food is nice? I mean not at a food tasting session or during the fair, but during an actual wedding itself. Because I'm looking for a place with both a good price and good food. heehee...thanks!

starcom

Rest assured that the food is going to be real nice. Almost all my guests complimented about the dishes. Had my wedding dinner held on 10June.
Services by the banquet staffs are first class too.
We are stress-free that evening.

starcom

we took the gold package, think it's good enough.
As for the bridal suite, they have 2. One Governor Suite, which has a outdoor jacuzzi. The other Oriental Suite. From what we know, they usually give the Oriental Suite if it's a weekday dinner.

summer1979

Halo starcom,

wow u really lucky gal to rcv compliments abt the food.

I am taking the GOLD pkg as well, and be using the outdoor jacuzzi room lor.

My dinner is a fri, anyway i hv advance book for tat room when i sign up during road show.

Cheers(summer)

starcom

Be it Oriental Suite or Governor Suite, I think the fact is, you won't be in any mood to enjoy it that day. You will be more involve in the pre dinner prep works, make up, trying to grab some rest. Maybe a bit on the day after, that's all.

One thing you can try is to soak naked in the outdoor jacuzzi in the middle of the night, with all the lights out. Hahaha

kar

hi starcom, can know how many bottles of wines did u have? gold package offers 24 bottles right? did u top up more bottles on yr own?

summer1979

Hi starcom,

Oops..so u are somebody hubby..KekE..glad u also share some of the infor with some of us here.

Cool idea man to be able to 'suntan' during the moonlight at night.

Cheers,Summer

summer1979

Hi sweet kar,

I sign up mine during road show somewhere last yr. My gold pkg got only abt 12 bottles red wine lor..anyway still got free flow of beer &amp; we gg to bring some hard liquord too shud be enuf bah...

Cheers,Summer

kar

summer, mine is on weekend, so think more red wines, yrs on a weekday?

Btw, i jus received a call that Karen is leaving GPPR and no more my coord. Most prob my coord is Michelle, anyone has any experience with her or Vera?

starcom

same here. Only 12 bottles of wine included if you book 25 - 27 tables, and 24 bottles if 28 and above. Beer is free flow. Hard liquor usually not much consumed nowadays, unless you have quite a number of "senior" relatives who believe in liquor more than wine. I have 1 bottle opened, and not even 1/4 was drank, waste.

minkey

mine is a weekday..so i will be gettg the oriental one..tt room seem to be kinda cheena? hmmm..my package no red wines provided at all... =(

tulipz

hi minkey,
hee.. mine also weekday.. think i manage to bargain for just a few bottles of red wine. also getting the oriental room but i actually think it's not too bad lah... it's fully carpetted! and it has a indoor bath tub like a jacuzzi too.. good if u dun wan to be seen outdoor by excelsior customers in the day =)

hee but i only have one complaint.. their rooms are so small! be it the oriental or the governor's suite

minkey

ooh..i only gt an extra room on my anniversary..din manage to get other freebies..

i went to see the 2 rooms during the weddg show..but dun really remember liao..only cn remember the oriental suite very cheena (we wil luk nice in it if we wear cheongsam)..n the governor suite gt outdoor jacuzzi tts all..

actually i find their normal deluxe room nicer than their suites...ha..

summer1979

Hi sweet kar,

Hmm so nice of karen to call u that she is leaving..when its yr big day?

Me also under since eric left..so now karen left..not sure who is gg to be my co-ordinator again...haizzzz

Cheers,Summer

minkey

hmm..ya..juz a nite though...

me too..my coordinator was eric previously..i din even noe he is leaving until i read fr the posts here...

vera is takg over though..hope she is nt leaving too...

tulipz

hahaha same same. mine also eric.. until now i haven call and they nv call so dunno who's taking over.

anyway, if u like the deluxe room then u might as well get that and ask for more freebies! haha

minkey

ehhh...deluxe room anytime also can stay..so wil stil stick to tt suite..ha...okie..i wun complain &amp; nag so much abt the suite liao..

minkey

eric has left. saw him once when i went there for meals. he told us that he will be leaving end of june.so now shld be gone.prob he is at another hotel now..

kar

summer, my big day is on 06 oct... yrs? still haven receieve anything abt collecting invites lei... but Karen did tell me they are sending out soon. panickin liao... hee.

summer1979

Hi sweet kar,

Oh so yr wedding is earlier than mine.

Mine 10th Nov lor.

This sun gg for my food tasting liao at the same time collecting my wedding cards as well cos dun wanna make 2nd trip down again jus for collecting cards.

Do keep me update on the food/embience/montage/walk in...etc.

My co-ordinator is Vera now...seem eric leaving &amp; karen leaving soon.

I hear from vera, there will be 2 new colleagues soon...not sure wats their name??

Cheers,Summer

kar

summer... yrs in nov and u'll be collecting cards and doin food tasting, mine still no news lei. waitin and waitin... hee.

summer1979

Hi sweet kar,

U can called them up lor.

Cos otherwise since yr wedding on oct'06, they might only called u say sep'06.

usually abt one mth b4 they will ask u for food tasting &amp; collection of wedding cards.

For my case, we no choice gotta push early cos hubby gg oversea during aug/sep.

cheers,SUmmer