Grand Plaza ParkRoyal Hotel

shgoh8

har.. Fanny leaving today? Then who took over her? she is not working with GPPR anymore ar? i find her quite nice and want to sign with her.

dv1adm2

hi all,

met with fanny previously also..that is sad that she is leaving! hopefully she sees this...yea find her really friendly and realistic in her comments...

deremi

<font color="aa00aa">hey greengal,

thanks!
happy.gif
</font>

jodareth

Congrats lovestory...

Nice to heard ur experience at gppr..
How's the food? service, Jaccuzi-u gotten governor suites rite?
Hmmm... when can show us ur photo lei??

when u going china HM??

*Sigh* Fanny leaving?? don't know will be replce by whom cos my coordinator oso Fanny..
kao_sad.gif

deremi

<font color="aa00aa">thanks tatty.
happy.gif

the food was gd...all my guests commented gd.
the service also not bad. yup! got used the jacuzzi...bt the water abit not so clean maybe due to it is a outdoor.
the governor suites is nice. i also waiting for my pics...

not sure yet...still planning.

ya loh...she is gd n nice. pretty sad.</font>

jodareth

lovestory,
Great.. outdoor jacuzzi not clean? though they shld hv clean up the whole place before u all check in? Did u try the Couple Spa - Cool?

Oh, u still planning fo HM.. then can watch out for upcoming Natas fair?
So on your wedding nite, got kena sabo.. as there's additional room for xiong di, jie mei? or busy counting ang bao.
biggrin.gif

Breakeven?
happy.gif

deremi

<font color="aa00aa">tatty,

hmm...duno leh. nv...got couple spa meh?

ya loh...think will go see see...of coz got kena sabo lah. yup! got a additional room for them. lucky can breakeven.</font>

vicpris

Hi lovestory,

Congrats! Congrats! Long time never visit this thread oredi. Missed your wedding.. Paiseh..

Wah.. good that u can breakeven. I'm quite worried about that actually. Coz my FH's relatives are very stingy ler.. Hmm...

Btw, did GPPR give u centerpiece flower for every table? I just realised that it's not written in the package. Do we need to specially bargain for it?

deremi

<font color="aa00aa">hey pris,

thanks thanks!
happy.gif
where hv u been?
actually my relatives side also stingy leh.
no...not every table only VIP tables hv. maybe u can try bargain.</font>

vicpris

lovestory,

Have been busy working leh.. haven't started preparing for my wedding. but 'll be gg to try wedding gowns at my BS end of the month. Must go on diet now. Hehe..

actually, i'm not so particular abt the centerpiece but it wld be good if they can provide us with it coz it'll make the whole ballroom looks nicer. will try my luck =)

jodareth

lovestory,

paiseh... seldom chk tis thread..
Oh, i mean couple spa is the St gregorary spa for couple one? nice bor??

Is ur AD pix ready?? wwanna kpo..
When u gg for china HM?

kar

hey pris,
actually centerpiece flower looks good if there's one for every table, hope they wont charge extra.

wonder if the hotel will deco the ballroom according to our theme.

Lovestory,
can ask if the ballroom was orange light throughout the dinner? wat light was it during the march in?

gettin excited la... hee

vicpris

hi sweet kar,

yayaya i agree. that's why i wanna ask them if they can provide us with the centrepiece or not. Hehe.. Errr.. I think they only have one theme. Not like other hotels, have at least 2 themes that we choose from. But their deco is not so bad lar, don worry =)

jodareth

lovestory,

may i know wat brand wine they serving? nice, smooth? so need to source &amp; match back same brand, type of wine.
got lohbang??

juzger

<font color="aa00aa">tatty,
the red n white wine they serve v gd, nice n smooth. bt i forget the brand. think no need lah. no lobang leh. i bought my wine frm giant.</font>

sarsar

Hi Starcom,

yes, its Eric Wong. Any feedback? I'm still deciding whether to sign up anot. Abit worried that male consultant are not as detailed as a female consultant. But he was the only one I spoke to.

shgoh8

hi sar,

u planning to sign up with GPPR? Why didn't u sign up on 19th mar to enjoy the perks? Are the perks still available?

my wedding consultant is Karen, anybody got any feedback on her?

kar

Pris,

Actually i think GPPR provides a centerpiece, not sure if its one, but i rem when i reece the ballroom last year end, i saw a big wine glass shaped bowl with rose petals and candle in it. cos i took pic of the display, and was broswing thru my pics yest. hee. but duno if they still hav.

Hi SH,
My wedding consultant is also Karen, so far we meet her only once for discussion, so cant really comment. However, the discussion we had was quite pleasing, she's nice! not sure if during the AD, will she try to accomodate my requests. hee.

shgoh8

hi sweet_kar,

thanks for telling me that. i find her quite ok also. but my ad is still very long from now, so dunno whether she is still with GPPR by then. she also cannot assure us. when is ur AD?

anybody hold their ROM and dinner in GPPR? i m going to do that, hoping to get some advice on how to do that.

kar

Hi SH,

My AD on 06 oct 06, when's yrs? i'm also holding dinner and rom on same day, wanted to hold rom at GPPR, but cos i got chruch matrimony, so the function room was abit too small for us and karen cant promise if they'll be able to turnover in time cos weekdays usually hav seminars, my wedding on a fri.

u can hold yr rom in the room beside the main ballroom, then after tat the dinner. Alternatively, i think its a great idea to rom in the suite. rom cert will state the venue u rom. hee. i chose to rom at The Armenian Church, jus opp GPPR, so after my matrimony, our guests can walk over for dinner. hee.

shgoh8

hi sweet_kar,

my AD will be on 19 may 07. i m planning to hold it in GPPR, but karen says she can only let us know whether we can use the function room beside the ballroom few weeks before our AD. last time Fanny told us that the function room is usually not occupy. Mine is on a sat, so hope the room can be use for our ROM. if not, then i think need to hold it at the garden there.

kar

SH,

guess karen is playing safe not to promise u the function room, jus in case its not available. Moreover, she's offering the room as an additional service, not charging, so think those seminars will get more privelleges. But sat shld be easily available la, dun worry.

The garden is also a nice idea, jus tat guests hav no seats and hav to consider abt weather. May is a hot month, think quite safe. hee.

Btw, u signed up yr deal at their wedding show? wat was the offer of signing on the spot?

shgoh8

yup, i sign up with them on their wedding show. i was very unhappy with Z-wedding ppl on that day.. they were horrible ppl. they sort of insult us when we dun want to sign up with them.. cannot tahan them...

they give $1088 nett discount for min 25 tables, and $1888 discount for min 30 tables. the rest was still the same. i really like their bridal suite, esp. the outdoor jacuzzi.

kar

SH,
most bridal shops very hard selling one, me also dun like. Dun like them, jus dun sign up with them lor. hee. but the funny part is, we signed up with Z wedding, haha, dun quite like their service la, but gowns wise, really very nice! hee.

btw, u get to view the suite? me didn even hav chance to view it. sigh.

shgoh8

sweet kar,

i know most bridal shop will hard sell one, hard sell is ok, but dun insult ppl mah.. imagine that old auntie (shld be in late 50s) trying to sell u the package, then u not interested, and she ask u to take the package that is the cheapest from their shop. And she told us in hokkien that this package is for ppl who hold their wedding at void deck one.. after saying that, she just walk off... i felt that they shldn't say that lor.. if ppl dun want to sign up, also cannot say such things mah..

yes, i went to view the bridal suite, i m sure u will be impress when u see it. hehe..
happy.gif

hi starcom,

yup, i signed up with their recent wedding show. i heard last year the discount was even better.

snowger

Hi SH,

I've also signed up with them on their wedding show. Me also fancy their outdoor jacuzzi. My ad 31 Mar 07. I have signed up the package with Eric Wong, how about u? Me oso dun quite fancy Z Wedding, went to their shop in Feb, the lady attending to me was quite skeptical and asked me if i'm really a sincere customer. As i'm not very petite and slim, I dun hv a lot of choices for the gowns in Z wedding. They only have 1pc 1 design, i cant find much. Me still hunting for one BS, have u found one?

shgoh8

Hi Ning,

I sign up with Karen. The bridal suite is very nice hor.. everyone went in all love the jacuzzi. hehe... Ya, i cannot stand the Z-wedding ppl, they are so jialat.. when we went into the ballroom, already keep pestering us to sit down and listen to their package.. my bf was fed up, then when the show starts, we told him maybe come back later, then after the show, he really ask us to go back.. **faintz**.. i find that they not very good ppl lor.. they also comment on my figure when i just sit down.. Did they pester u during the show?
I have not found a BS yet, but a few of my frens told me to go Precious Moment at thomson. Maybe will go there and see see..

sarsar

Hi SH,

I went for the bridal event but din sign up cuz I wanted to have more options.

Btw, does anyone have any comments on Eric Wong?

shgoh8

hi starcom,

the package i sign for includes the normal weekend perks. its only the additional net discount if sign up during the show.

snowger

Oh, din expect they so bad commented on your figure too, if i'm you, i wont be comfortable with them serving me when this happens to me. Z Wedding din approach me during the show, guess cos i was kinda late, i reach GPPR abt 2.05-2.10pm. Anyway, BF was particularly upset with Z Wedding.

Maybe you can let me know about Precious Moments at Thomson, me been runing about 10 BS liao, a bit tired. Been to Feline, French Bridal, Golden Horse, Z Wedding, Milan, Kai etc. Fren with Golden Horse critized badly on them, and their designer just left them too. Quite fancy Kai &amp; Wedding Present but they MTM and quite ex too. Heard good reviews on Sophia, Julia, Milan. I also have this habit of looking at the exchange corner to see w BS ppl mostly give up, w means BS not tat good? Hee.

shgoh8

hi ning,

i haven't start to search for BS yet.. but my fren told me Precious Moment quite good.. and i see the forum, also not much bad comment.. so i will try go there and see see. will let u know after i go down.
ya, i agree that usually those BS that ppl give up, sure got something wrong with that BS one.. If good BS, ppl won't give up mah.. i think i will browse thru the list of BS that ppl comment before going down to the BS. I dun want to have bad exp. with the BS ppl.
are u holding ur AD and ROM on same day?

snowger

Hi SH,

Nope, I'm not holding the AD and ROM on the same day. Because I've paid the deposit for a resale flat n getting the keys in June, hence will need to ROM in June. AD we're having it next yr March. Are u having both on the same day?

Hi Starcom and Pris,
Do you have the exact dress for the BS? Me thinking of signing up one by next month. Starcom, u signed up with Style Bridal. If yes, how's your package like? Pris, how's your gown hunting at Bridal Concept? How's their package like?

madrock

Hi sweet kar,

Cos i have some ideas in mind to host the wedding dinner. So is better to get a emcee. :)
Any lobang from anyone :)