Grand Plaza ParkRoyal Hotel

starlight

Hi Leetoo

No, we did not know about the Her World promotion.

Will be meeting David tonight to finalise the contract, so can check with him on this promotion.

David is very well mannered but we find him not very flexible about the perks.

starlight

Hi Leetoo

Just to let you know we had signed up.

Already checked on the promotion that you had mentioned. We are actually informed of this promotion previously except we didn't know it is called the Her World promotion.

Now that we had settled the hotel, we will be looking for a bridal shop.

Hope to see you at the bridal shop forum.

L

leetoo

Hi starlight,

Nice to hear you have also booked Grand Plaza Park Royal. I hv booked the slot with them in Nov 03 and will be also looking for a bridal shop at the beginning of next year.

C

cutedi

Hi Leetoo,

Can I know which issue of Her World you refering to.. I m also keen in looking for the promotion. Is it Her World or Her World Bride? Or does anyone know?

Pls advise,
thank u.

L

leetoo

Hi cutedi,

Just inform the banquet mgr or sales executive that you heard about some promo thing in some brides magazine with the hotel some months back, whether they can offer the same thing as stated in the mag. Think they will help.

okeanosmao

hi leeto & starlight,

when is yr customary? i intended to book GP on 01 nov 03 n wan to ask anyone hv already booked tat date?

lee

Hi ASF

Congrats on yr wedding in dec 02… would like to hear yr comments on GP as I’ve booked mine for mar 03.

Thks.

lee

pinocchio

Hi All,

Can the Grand Plaza Park Royal brides tell me what are the attractive 'features' that make you sign up with this hotel?

C

comet

Hi, Am I Nov 03 GPR bride. I thot the place is very classy & elegant.V stregic oso.Btwm Any1 knows if the corkage charge for wine has a limit to how big the bottle can b?

B

beans

hi all

i've actually got less than 20 tables to hold for weekday, do you all think its possible to take their pkg if i did not meet the minimum requirement? thks!

B

beans

hi mango
happy.gif

i've sent you a mail
happy.gif

mango

hi beans

i've replied u liao , if u didn receive means my com has some problems... pls dont make any decision until receive my email... i'll email u again at my friend's house but must wait a few days, ok?... sorry

mango

mango

hi beans

i doubt u'v received my email as i cc to myself but yet to receive. sorry my friend is busy so unable to use her com.

i had a bad expeience but inconvenient 2 review details here. if convenient, email me yr contact so that i can let u know what had happened. it's ok if inconvenient, just note that it was a bad experience 4 me. u can try 2 get other bride's opinion. sorry.

mango

B

beans

hi cheers & mango

is the bad experience from Grand Plaza? if it is i think we shld share it here so that other brides will not "kenna" the same experience...

mango

if you dun want to review here i'll email you my contact
happy.gif

starlight

Hi Cheers & Mango

Very sorry to hear that things did not go smoothly. Can you share with all of us what happened, was it the food, service or money pbm?

mango

hi starlight

pls email me cos inconvenient to review here... but note that i take some time to reply cos currently my com has problem... can receive & read email but unable to reply. i've to use my friend com to reply all of u...

prunes

Hi gals,

I attended one of my collegue's wedding in early 2002. As I told myself, its not a 5* hotel, and held on a weekday, a $60 angbao should be enough to cover her cost. I even ask my closer collegue to "accompany" me to bao that same amount.
I can't remember which room I went, but I remember taking the lift and entering a peachy color room. Its suppose to be a ballroom, but definately not as grand as many other hotels. There were no seats cover and some of the chairs were rusting at their sides.
There were no reception but only the bride and groom shaking hands with their guest at the entrance on arrival.
Maybe because the banquet was held on a friday, it started extremely late, like almost 9pm, with people coming in only after 8pm, in office wear.
Lets talk about the food after having to wait so long on the table with mix nuts only to fill your stomach.
The starter was good, really appertising, but the rest were disaster. Tasteless, too salty, just terrible.
All my other collegues agreed with me the next week in office.
I thought, "luckly I only bao $60, or else I lugi liao".
Just an encounter I have with the hotel. Not a very good location I would say, and food is below average. As I am also a going-to-be-bride, I would rather look into a resturant that serve better food but at a lower cost, with maybe the same room layout as Park Royal Hotel.

passerby

hi prunes

grand plaza park royal is located near city hall mrt(behind peninsula plaza).. are u refering to this hotel or plaza hotel @ beach road? it's a 4 star deluxe hotel leh, ballroom is new, pillarless & infact quite nice leh.

just happened to drop by & saw wedding setup...

L

lyves

Hi Passerby,

I agreed with you. I attended my friend's wedding at GP last December and I was rather impressed by the place. No doubt the aisle is a bit too short, but everyone could see the bride and groom clearly (no pillar).

I have just checked with them and they are offering free flow of beer (wkend only) and food tasting for 10 people for the price of $698 nett if taking the silver package.

Think it is quite a good deal, I am considering to take up the package if my hubby likes it too. Will be going down for a visit in a couple of days' time.

christina

Hi mango..I would like to know more abt your experience cos am in the process of shortlisting banquet places and actually thot of Grand. Plaza. Will email you

piper

Hi Mango,

i have confirmed with GP and would like to know your experience with them. Have emailed you my email address. Thanks.

squirt

Hi,

I am in the midst of selecting my wedding dinner venue. Wondering if anyone has got experience with Grand Plaza? Looking forward to sharings.

llis

Hi,

I'm intending to sign with Grand Plaza as well.
Think it's within my budget and that the overall comment is not bad but i'm not sure.

Can anyone share their experience pls?

Thks.

squirt

Hi llis,

It's strange why there isn't much comment about this hotel's wedding banquet?

So have you seen the place and decided on Grand Plaza?

oranges

Hi llis & Squirt

There's something I will like to share wif u. Tat happened to me.The new "lady" (dunno wat's her position,banquet asst. or mgr) her name is Brenda, who took over David is very unfriendly. Actually, i wan to fix an appt to meet up wif her to discuss abt our food tasting.

Guess wat, almost everyday she's busy and she ever said u must come dwn b4 6.30pm. Come on man, can't she be more flexible and meet us later? We definetly can't reach there on time. She give the impression that "take it or leave it". If u wan to meet me,u muz come dw b4 6.30pm. That's not very fair for me. What do u gals feel if this is going to happen to u ?
I'm really very angry. Until nw, i haven't book a date for my food tasting & my parent is asking me when???? I dunno hw to ans them?
Did anyone encounter the same problems with Brenda ? If there's kindly keep me posted.

starlight

Hi orange

When's your wedding? Mine is in Nov so have not gone for the food tasting yet. But David told us previously for food tasting, he will not join us but give us a feedback form to complete. All we need to do is to inform the hotel when we are going. Find it v.strange why must make it before 6.30pm lei.

Brenda is also the person who took over our case from David. So far, she is quite friendly & helpful arranging for our cards and draft speeches. But must admit that she is hard to get. What i do is to leave her a message and she always return our call.

oranges

Hi Starlight

U're very lucky tat she's is nice to u. As for the food tasting,Jack (the overall in-chg) told me tat i can only do it on "weekday". Did they tell u tat? But i asked him to try to book a Saturday for me? I'm not given the choice of informing the hotel when i wan to do so. Instead i hv to beg him to fix a saturday for me!!! I called him on TUESDAY,but until TODAY he didn't return my call. He's really very irresponsible being a leader in the dept. i dun understand y he can't make the decision instead he told me that he need to check with the restaurant mgr 1st. Being a leader & an overall in-chg i strongly believe tat he can make decision for fixing a saturday for us to do food tasting. Dun tell me tat the restaurant is "fully" book every weekend.Do u believe ?

jany

hi all,

I just went for my cousin's wedding dinner at Plaza ParkRoyal Hotel last nite. I gotta say that the service is damn lousy.... and the food is so so only.

i think my cousin has 44/45 tables and they assign 1 waiter/waitress to 3 tables. Den the waitress will only refill your drinks after calling them many times and after that still to wait more than 10 mins. There is one waitress, when we ask her bring us new drinks, she practically slam the drinks on the table.

After my cousin march in, the first dish was not served immediately.... there is a pause of about 3-5 mins, and everyone is wondering wat has happened.... subsequently, the food was also "delayed".....

When they served the dishes, they dun asked the guest to move one side for them to come in, they just "squeeze" in and put the dish down loudly. Then when they scoop the shark fin and dessert for us, the waitress just scoop half a bowl for each of us den we have to DIY.

Then hor, they only change the plates for us after two dishes and we have to help distribute the new plates ourselves somemore. The waitress always cant wait to clear the food even thou there is still some food left.

Then hor, they never wipe the rotating center piece (dunno the name) throughout the dinner....

Then hor, we even saw one waiter digging his nose....

Conclusion:
1) Service - Very Lousy
2) Food - not very nice, serving very slow
3) Ambience - soso only
4) Sound system - not clear

All these are for your reference. For me, I will not even consider to hold my wedding dinner there.

jany

another thing to add, we asked for a new glass of 7-up, and guess what did the waitress did! She used an "USED" glass and pour the 7-up for us. My sis was so angry she called the waitress back and ask her why? The waitress just took the glass away without explanation and give us another glass of 7-up 5 mins later.

another thing to add to Conclusion: (5) Unhygenic

starlight

Hi Orange

I'm surprise to hear that they can only arrange the food tasting on a weekday, I wasn't told about it. But thought it's very common to have it during weekend??? Just to clarify, if Brenda is your coordinator, should be calling Brenda right? And Jack is the person who took over David hor?

Hi Dearie
Just to confirm, is the hotel you mention at Beach Road or at Coleman Street cos Grand Plaza Parkroyal(at Coleman St) is different from Plaza Parkroyal.

jany

Hi Starlight,

The one I attended is at Beach Road next to Concourse. Opps... are we talking about different hotels? Sorry I blur blur.... :p

Anyway for everybody's information.

karen77

So what you expect as Plaza Hotel don't charge that high price after all. So if you need a Good Service think got to pay more $$$$$ for the service. Do you know everything come with A PRICE nothing is FREE.

starlight

Hi Dearie

Thks for clarifying but hor u really gave me a shock. Grand Plaza Parkroyal & Plaza Parkroyal are two different hotels.Be it hotel rating or service level, Grand Plaza Parkroyal is much better.

In fact, i had a bad experince with Plaza Parkroyal(at Beach Rd) too so even thou its much cheaper, we will not use them.

Hi Karen
Ya nothing is free but still I believe it all boils down to the attitude of the banquet manager.

oranges

Hi starlight

I really dunno who's my coordinator? Only know that brenda is in-chg of banquet. After talking to her a few times she gave me a"don't care" attitude. I really very diappointed.Jack happened to picked up the phone when i'm looking for Brenda. Tat's hw i get to liasie wif him than her.

snow_white

Hi oranges,

I had the same problem as well! Can I change my coordinator?
I used to liaise with Yvonne before brenda came. Me and FH tried to call her in sep to get our cards for printing, but she insist that it's too early to talk about it. then we thought maybe we are too KS, but when we went back to look at our contract, it says that we should have gotten the cards in aug!

snow_white

Hi all,

After reading all the recent postings, I have come to a conclusion that service level has deteriorated. Yvonne and David provided very good service when they were at Grand Plaza Parkroyal.

I took up my package because of the recommendations that service is very good. I guess that was one year ago. Now, I can just say that the service is average.

oranges

Hi Samantha

U'RE ON THE SAME BOAT.......
Hv u collected yr cards? A piece of advice,be firm wif what u're doing. Dun care what Brenda say, SHE GOT NO RIGHT TO STOP U FROM COLLECTING YR CARDS. Btw,when's yr "big day" ? What's wrong wif getting the cards early? She's very in flexible lor.

Regarding changing of coordinator, maybe u can call Jack & let him know that u're getting such LOUSY SERVICE fm Brenda. I think he will be somthing abt it.
Good luck.

snow_white

Hi Oranges,

Thankfully she didn't stop me from collecting my cards. My big day is about 2-3 mths away. Her service is quite ok now, so I don't think I wana change my coordinator anymore. From what you say about Jack, I don't think changing a coordinator matters anymore.

Nevermind lor.... just make do with it. I am sure they will be experienced enough to handle our wedding affairs well.
happy.gif

starlight

Hi Orange & Snow_white

Dun worry too much, heard from my coll last weekend that his wife attended a wedding dinner at Grand Plaza and everything is ok, she also said the food is good.

Lets us take it easy, otherwise we will look old very fast right?