Grand Park City Hall

cheekrene

nope.

i find that not worth to top up since not many of them want to drink as most of them drive.

i heard feedbacks saying the wine was nice..

sweetcyanide

cheekrene, 28 bottles enough??

supergal, is it still possible now?? william dont seem that easy to negotiate lehz.. plus i m not gd in negotiating..

sweetcyanide

cheekrene, u meant the wine from hotel is nice?? okok.. maybe they have change le for now.
happy.gif

sleepy47

i had some glasses during the wedding show, taste quite good too...
but William says the wine is subjected to change for 2010 wor...

supergal

hi jacqueline, can try! no harm doing that..not so much of a negotiation acrually but more on whether if the hotel is willing to hold the date for you..if they are not willing to do that now, then can't be helped i guess..

sleepy..do you have if the wedding show last sat partner with which bridal shop?

ete

Feline! The one with a cat logo...
happy.gif

Need to clarify, though there's a corkage fee waived, can we bring in DFS wine/alcohol?

supergal

thanks ete..just curious to know!

hmmm..feline arh..rem that they are quite famous for their layered gowns with red hems on each layer..quite special!

sleepy47

think can just let the hotel coordinator know how many 'DFS' stuff you are bringing & they will be able to do 'something' for you... ;)

mrs_kan

jus curious..how would hotel knows that the wine is from DFS? I think nowadays there is no DFS logo on the wine bottle?

supergal

hey jacqueline,

good news! i heard from my fren that the wedding show perks have been extended till 31st May...so you still have time if you are really keen on choosing this hotel!
happy.gif

sweetcyanide

supergal, thanks babe! actually william did inform me.. but the thing is my bf is working on a proj this week so there isnt any time we can go down this week.. so i guess i shall continue to source and wait... zzz..

but still, really thank you very much!!

supergal

no problem! hopefully, you and HTB will eventually find an ideal venue that both of you like!

and oh, i had a look at the 2010 packages and i must say that there are quite alot of difference from the 2009 packages! i think if i'm in your shoes, i may also reconsider as many of the impt perks like free flow beer AND 1 bottle of confirmed wine are no longer there le..now there is even corkage charges as well. there seem to be no changes in the menu and i saw a surge in the package price! that's why i do think the weddig show perks will be important here...

anyway, happy searching gal!

sweetcyanide

supergal, i guess times r really bad that hotels are taking away quite a lot of things.. haha!!
so far, for 2010, i only managed to find 1 hotel giving free flow beer and wine. It's a 4 star hotel (i think) and price per table is about $950..

i guess i would need to wait and source around more.. Thank again, babe!

aaronjas

Hi everyone! I just had my wedding last Saturday at Grand Park and I must say that the expereince was really very good!
Firstly, they were very prompt with their services before, during and after the banquet. The manager, Angus, was attentive and detailed and he did his best to make sure everything went smoothly.
Next, our guests commented that they really enjoyed the food. I only found out the day after the wedding that it was prepared by a banquet kitchen! I always thought it was by Park Palace! The portions were big and the food was fresh and fantastic. The guests really like the food. Even my Muslim friends commented that their food was really good too!
Thirdly, we extended our stay at the suite and they were really nice to give us a late check out and after that, they even offered us on their own accord, a later time for check out! Their food for room service was great too!
Though Grand Park is not considered a five star hotel, but its services deserves a five star rating. We love the place, the ambience and the service there.

dzxz

wow Jas, so great to hear u have such a great time and Grand Park was good choice ya.....

hmmm seems the the day itself is not the coordinator that is station there but the banquest manager ar??

Oh ya what suite were u given? Extend the suite how much more to pay?

mrs_kan

Jasmine> Great to hear your positive feedback! What do you mean by banquet kitchen? Is it at the hotel itself? I have been thinking that it is by Park Palace too...

dzxz> In a way the coordinator's job will end on the day of our wedding and it will be pass on to the banquet manager.

sleepy47

As long as we are able to get the date for AD will be good enough liao lor... It will be disappointing if the date we want is taken up...

dzxz

Hi Nana really oh I thought she will be there cos I remember asking her she say yes lei...ke ke but to me nvm as long the information is pass to everyone about what I wan and that day smoothly can liao....

aaronjas

dzxz- We got the executive suite as the other suites were either taken or used for the wedding show. However, it was a nice size and we liked it. We had to pay $430++ for extension without breakfast
Nana- the banquet kitchen is at the back of the ballroom. That's where they cook all the food.

prissie_tan

Hi Jasmine, glad to hear your wedding was a success!
I must say they were very fast in clearing the ballroom after the wedding show lor.
Btw, where did you hold your solemnisation?
is your suite big?
I only saw the oriental suite on that day. Quite nice.

dzxz - my coordinator oso say she will be present on the day of our wedding de leh.but like you, so long the day goes smoothly, i'm happy le...keke

ahmeng28

hi all, may i ask which of the coordinator is a better one? used to be henry but he left. would appreciate your comments very much. thanks.

Hello, can I find out whether GPCH provides any special services, such as preparing pre-dinner & post-dinner snacks for the couple. Under the Novotel thread, I saw pictures of desserts & cocktails placed in the bridal suite, & am impressed by their thoughtful gesture. However, GPCH scores high in terms of menu & food reviews. I have shortlisted these 2 hotels so far, & would like to seek for more opinions.

dzxz

Hi chocolatepraline.. Yup GPCH do provide pre or post dinner....

oh ya..I am goin to contact my JP soon...but our hotel name had change right..what is the actual name I should say?

sweetcyanide

chocolatepraline, novotel quite strict... just met up wih coordinators and everything is no lor.. nothting to negotiate... zzz...
If I really have to choose, i probably would choose GPCH between the 2... sisnt managed to meet up with GPCH earlier coz last min got things happen... but so far, should be ok... u might wanna wait for their next wedding promo to see what else they can offer...

supergal

dzxz..the new name should be Grand Park City Hall now..just tell him beside Peninsula Plaza or near Funan IT mall if he is not sure..hehe..that's how i always use to guide other pple
happy.gif

supergal

hey jacqueline, you are back in this thread again! hehehe

yup, i would say novotel very strict~ that time i met up with huiling and everything is a NO! till i also sian liao..so in the end, din consider signing up with them

sweetcyanide

haha! thanks supergal.. actually have been busy at work lah.. plus receeing hotels..

ya ya... i also met hui ling.. very sian right?? i say wanna try the wine since they are giving 1 bottle per table. she says can be arranged but will need to deduct 1 from my package. o_O

GPCH is not bad lehz, but was thinking to wait for the next show to see what perks they have...

gals, from your experience, is it possible to nego anything from GPCH??

supergal

hihi, if you still consider GPCH as a possible venue, would advise that you should try contacting william again to at least hold you preferred date for you! no obligations when you request them to hold the date but of course, when it comes to a "competitive" couple who also wants the same date as you, then decision will have to be made!

negotiation wise, actually not much from the hotel also but i heard they are quite flexi if you wish to exchange something for another..i didn't nego much cos the hotel can provide most of the basic needs that i want..but additional nite stay is hard lah..

sweetcyanide

supergal, thanks for the advise.

I am trying to get wine cockage waived, projectors included and extend the beer to start from 7 instead of 8 lehz.. u think possible??

i agree, additional night is very hard and it's at least $450++ leh!!!

ete

Does anyone know if the hotel will provide ang bao box? I saw very cute ang bao boxes at their wedding show... Any picture to show for those who just had their wedding in GPCH?

dzxz & Jacqueline: Thank you for sharing. Actually, I have also spoken to Huiling from Novotel over the phone & true, everything's a 'no no'. I didn't sense much sincerity from the way she talked. The dishes listed in their menu are very simple, when I compared with GPCH. If everything goes well, I should be signing up with GPCH. Have you all got complimentary canapes for cocktail reception? How's the portion like?

dzxz

Hi Super gal okie thks ya....

huh rent ar ...so funny de .....

yup got the canapes but not sure hows the portion like but from what I heard from my coordinator is like spoon by spoon on try and thing is not alot ba.....cos mine is a weekday so I not really worry on the canape cos I think many will miss the cocktail waahaha

sweetcyanide

thanks sleepy for the info.. maybe shall try negotiate with william. coz the charges for projector rental is $300 for 2...

any idea when would be the next wedding show??

supergal

i think projector rental charges may be able to waive off..cos i rem that time my co-ordinator also automatically waive off for us!

as for the next wedding show, the earliest should be half a year from the last i guess..so should be in november i guess? maybe you wanna check with william to see whether if he has any idea on this? but sometimes, i realised that if they are unsure of anything, they won't divulge any info..but guess that's normal ba..don't wan other pple to think they give empty promises..