Grand Hyatt Singapore

xoxo

Hi Systema,

My hubby attended a wedding banquet 2 weeks ago at Raffles The Plaza... not sure if it is the same one u refering. And he commented tht the service r bad during the banquet. The couple had planned to play their montage but something went wrong and montage was not played in the end. Also the music play awhile and suddenly stop when the mc wanna speak...

Hope u find the venue u wan
happy.gif

cutiepooh

Yup same thing happened when I attended a banquet at Raffles The Plaza in September. The couple couldn't display their montage as well.

Guess it would be such a disappointment for the couple after months of preparation and anxiety to show to ur guests.

Have not attended any banquet at Hyatt so can't comment.

xoxo

Hi Systema,

according to my hubby, the food not very good as well for Raffles The Plaza. And i juz had my food tasting at Hyatt last week... I shld said tht the food is real good at Hyatt
happy.gif
But many people said food tasting is always better... So lik cutie, I can't comment much too cos never attend any banquet at Hyatt.

genesisgalaxy

Systema, i think i'm late but i've experienced bad service at raffles the plaza whereby the waiter didn't ask if anyone wanted the remains of the duck that was served and took it away. It was left on the table for quite a while and 3/4 of it was untouched. perhaps he had assumed that it was a sign to clear that dish. still, how could he have NOT asked us first?

genesisgalaxy

Hey Katrine, add me to the list?

Coordinator: Audrey
Wedding: 6 december 05
ROM: 30 june 04
Ballroom: Sir stamford rm
PS: Chris Ling (kelvin)
AD: Chris Ling (john)
BS: Ritz Couture

Thanks!

springbride

Hi sotong,
U mean there's a bridal showcase on Sat? How come my coordinator din tell me? I would like to see the choice of colours for diff themes...
Hi blur gal,
I went to see the white theme for the actual wedding in grand ballrm, not the wedding showcase.
Hi gals,
Isn't cream and vanilla the same colour, i.e. off-white? I'm all confused now...Better call my coordinator to clarify.
Hi jamie,
Your AD's drawing very near, feeling excited? So have u decided on the col theme?

xoxo

Hi Spring,

me stress now... esp the guest list loh... And i can't make up my mind yet abt the theme... is either black or vanila i guess.

genesisgalaxy

hmm does anyone know if the themes mentioned (sandalwood & red/maroon) are what i'd seen?

matte beige gold sashes and sandalwood backdrop

OR shocking pink backdrop and gold sashes

Is it more to the shade of maroon or red? I thought it was shocking pink.

genesisgalaxy

(oops..the above post was a mistake)

hmm does anyone know if the themes mentioned (sandalwood & red/maroon) are what i'd seen?

matte beige gold sashes and sandalwood backdrop

OR shocking pink backdrop and SHOCKING PINK sashes

Is it more to the shade of maroon or red? I thought it was shocking pink.

qing22

<table border=1><tr><td>Bride</TD><TD>Banquet</TD><TD>ROM</TD><TD>Ballroom</TD><TD>co-ordinator</TD><TD>Theme</TD><TD>BS</TD><TD>VG</TD><TD>PS </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blueybubble</TD><TD>10-06-06</TD><TD>10-06-06</TD><TD>Magnolia/Vanda</TD><TD>Karina</TD><TD>Golden Horse Awards</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>BlurBlur</TD><TD>30-11-06</TD><TD>30-11-06</TD><TD>Sir Stamford Rm</TD><TD>Audrey</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Bridal Veil</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Collin_Eileen</TD><TD>09-12-06</TD><TD> 09-12-06</TD><TD>Camilla</TD><TD>Merlissa</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Genesisgalaxy</TD><TD>06-12-05</TD><TD>30-06-04</TD><TD>Sir Stamford Rm</TD><TD>Audrey</TD><TD>TBM</TD><TD>Ritz Couture</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Chris Ling(John) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Iling</TD><TD>11-05-06</TD><TD>18-05-05</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Audrey/Mandy</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>15-11-05</TD><TD>15-01-04</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Milan Wedding</TD><TD>Mark Yang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kastine</TD><TD>05-10-06</TD><TD>05-10-06</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Julia Wedding</TD><TD>Fabian Lim</TD><TD>Derrick Ong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>07-10-06</TD><TD>07-10-06</TD><TD>Camilla</TD><TD>Karina</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>The Wedding Present</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Ron Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynette</TD><TD>20-11-05</TD><TD>11-03-04</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD> Audrey</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Ted Wu</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rene</TD><TD>27-03-06</TD><TD>11-05-05</TD><TD>Sir Stamford Rm</TD><TD>Andy</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Divine</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Kelvin – Chris Ling </TD></TR><TR><TD>Springbride</TD><TD>08-03-06</TD><TD>15-05-05</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Ailin</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Divine Couture</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Daylight</td></tr></table>

beezbride

Hi,

I am also a GH Bride. My dinner will be on 16th Mar 06 SSR. ROM is on the same day. Back Theme. VG= emotionpi*(replace ) with x) PS=sam wong. Mend adding me into your lisT? Ya my coordinator is andy

springbride

Hi Jamie,

Dun stress, must pamper yourself and remain 'mei mei' okie? Btw, your wedding oso on wkday rite? How many min.guaranteed you have? My coordinator insisted that I must have 35 tables, now i'm afraid we can't meet the min. coz my hb maybe posted overseas soon. Very worrying leh.

I've emailed my coordinator re the choice of col themes, will share with u gals when i rec a reply.

springbride

Hi Jamie,

Dun stress, must pamper yourself and remain 'mei mei' okie? Btw, your wedding oso on wkday rite? How many min.guaranteed you have? My coordinator insisted that I must have 35 tables, now i'm afraid we can't meet the min. coz my hb maybe posted overseas soon. Very worrying leh.

I've emailed my coordinator re the choice of col themes, will share with u gals when i rec a reply.

genesisgalaxy

Hey kastine,
i think i confused u after seeing the table. hehehe.
my PS was with Kelvin from Chris Ling.
AD was with John from Chris Ling.

Sorry to have confused u!

xoxo

Hi Spring,

Trying to relax... haiz... My guarantee also same as u 35. But think we'll increase 38 maybe... hmmm... think if u really can't meet the guarantee better try to bargain with ur coordinator.... else really waste $$

snowbells

hi gals,
I am planning to throw a garden wedding instead of a traditional chinese dinner. Is there a garden in Grand Hyatt that allows garden wedding?

springbride

Hi Jamie,

Dun think still can bargain, contract was signed and deposit paid already. We'll try to invite more people loh. Better to have more than less rite? Seems like nobody here has the same coordinator as me, so can't ask around.

xoxo

Hi Spring,

i think juz try your luck to ask her loh... if cannot juz invite more people
happy.gif
Who is ur coordinator? Mine is Andy and i highly recommend him... cos he is really good... hee hee

cutiepooh

Hi gals

May I check if Magnolia/Vanda ballroom has column or is column free? Grand ballroom is column free ya? Anyone has picture of Magnolia ballroom?

Can we choose the coordinator or we have to stick to whoever that picks up my call and gave the price list?

xoxo

Hi Cutie,

r u refering to pillars? Yes both magnolia and vanda ballroom got pillars. Think they got more pillars. As for Grand ballroom, only 2 pillars r at far end at the last row where e last few tables r place. And also depends on how many tables u hav. If lesser, u can request to block the ballroom rite at the pillars.

cutiepooh

Yup was referring to pillars....guess really got to see the place.

Thanks jamie.....may u have a blissful wedding in 2 weeks time!
kao_wedding.gif

Thanks blueybubble for PMing me with the replies!

kelly_pink

Hello snowbells!
Yes! They have a garden for that!
I didn't manage to get to see the actually setting though..only from pictures..but it look really good!! NICE!! heehee! I was toying with the idea..but gave up coz more expensive..have to pay additional $2000-3000 reservation fee for another function room, in case it rain on the day..
kao_sticktongue.gif

snowbells

Hey Kelly,

Many thanks for the info. was toying between the idea of throwing the wedding in the garden or a luncheon in the hotel. But if have to come up with another 2-3k to reserve a function room, it doesn't seem to make much sense liao..

kelly_pink

Hello snowbells!
Actually..it is not just Hyatt that needs that "additional"deposit...many other hotels require you to do that too.. just that they have already included tat in their "per head" pricing.. heeheee.. so beware of that..what you don't see doesn't mean it is not there....
kao_wink.gif

springbride

iling,
It's above the mezzanine level where the sir stamford room is. Considered 2nd lvl, but seems like 3rd lvl coz u have to go up 2 flights of escalators from lobby lvl. Do i sound confusing?
uhoh.gif

oraia

hi eve,

food tasting is generally done in one of the smaller function rooms opposite sir stamford room. it's the whole room to urself and the set up the table and serve u the food there.
happy.gif

i_ling83

spring,
ya a bit confusing cos at 1st i wanted to book the sir stamford rm but not enough space for more then 30 table so i change to grandball rm then i cant remember each level is the grandball rm...hehehe never mind see which day i free i go down and see... thank u for yr info....

oraia,
can check with u the food tasting is only on weekday only rite? or weekend also can?

kelly_pink

Hello ladies!!
Heehee..think the food tasting arrangement at a small function room is very weird!! heehee!! Like purposely cooked only for us! But guess dun have any choice since they have no chinese restaurant..Still feeling it is very WEIRD!! hahaha! maybe they can arrange a "mass" food tasting for their couples..then think it will feel more normal (like eating at restaurant)..heehee!
kao_sticktongue.gif

oraia

hi iling,

i think the Grand ballroom is above the sir stamford room.

food tasting - usually done on weekdays cos weekends they usu have functions etc etc and they prefer it if it's done on weekdays. easier for the kitchen also.

hi kelly,
yes, i think they do purposely cook for u only
happy.gif
tts partly the reason why they prefer to have it done on weekdays. cos if there are weddings on weekends, they can't cope with cooking a separate portion for one table only. i think it's nicer to eat in a room all by yourself leh. more privacy mah!
happy.gif

lourdes

Hi Kastine, can add me to the list as well?

Bride : Lourdes
Banquet : 28-10-06
ROM : 28-10-06
Ballroom : Grand Ballroom
Coordinator : Initially was Audrey, just change to Andy...
Theme :
BS : Silverlining
VG :
PS : Chris Ling ( Kelvin )

Thanks!

lourdes

hi collin_eileen,

is not 5k, is $500 for the garden
happy.gif

cos i book the garden for my solemnization before the dinner as well...

hope above information helps
happy.gif

kelly_pink

Hello lourdes,
How did you get such a good deal? We were quoted $2,000-3,000 for the solemnisation at the garden!! So expensive!
kao_confused.gif

fong

Hi all

jus had my wedding last sunday at Sir Stamford Rm black theme... some feedback... all the guests were all praise for the food and black+red rose setting....

For those who are worried that the black theme will be too black... dun worry.. once ur guests tale their seat, their clothings will soften the darkness... even the elders have no complaints abt the black-ness...
happy.gif

Thumbs up for Andy, my coordinator... he's really very nice and very prompt in getting back to us on our enquiries.... he also managed to upgrade our room for us.. a very big room with dining and study area...

Overall, extremely pleased with the service, food, ambience... All the best ...

panggou

Hi Genesis
sorry to budge in to the thread, I am engaging John from Chris Ling for my AD, noticed that your date is a few days before me, like to check something with you, is it posisble to drop me a mail at [email protected]? I am not able to PM you.

Thanks.

capricape

Hi Kastine, could u add me to the list as well..
Thanks
Bride: Capricape
Banquet: 24 June 06
ROM: 24 June 06
Ballroom: Magnolia/Vanda
Co-ordinator: Audrey
Theme: TBC
BS: DANG Bridal
VG: TBC
PS: The Edge
AD Photographer: Ron Lee