Grand Hyatt Singapore

springbride

Hi all,
I'm new to this thread. Signed up with GH during their last wedding show.

Hi Kastine,
Can add in my details? Thanks.
Banquet: 8 Mar 06
ROM: 15 may 05
Ballroom: Grand ballroom
Coordinator: Ai Lin
Theme: TBC
Bridal: Divine Couture
VG: TBC
PS: Daylight

Hi smilez,
My coordinator is Ailin too. Word of caution: she's very busy so u have to chase her to get back to you. She only got back to me after I told her that the other hotel is chasing me for an ans.

smilez

Hi SpringBride,

keke.. good now i got a kaki wif the same coordinator.. can u give me ur email addy? i wanna ask u sometink
happy.gif

pipette

Hi Bluey,
For me, the solemnisation was at 5:30pm at the Garden and I only invited close friends and relatives...so after having a few drinks and photos, its almost time for my dinner.

My banquet was in Hibiscus..not the Grand Ballroom.

I only pay $500 for the garden and includes free flow of soft drinks...

blueybubble

Hey Smilez,

My solemnisation and AD are on the same day. Looks like there are different rates for the garden. I will try to discuss with my coordinator. Hopefully it can be cheaper. $500 still can consider. But $2k is definitely out of the qn. Thankies for ur info!!!

qing22

<table border=1><tr><td>Bride</TD><TD>Banquet</TD><TD>ROM</TD><TD>Ballroom</TD><TD>co-ordinator</TD><TD>Theme</TD><TD>BS</TD><TD>VG</TD><TD>PS </TD></TR><TR><TD>BlurBlur</TD><TD>30-11-06</TD><TD>30-11-06</TD><TD>Sir Stamford Rm</TD><TD>Audrey</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Bridal Veil</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Iling</TD><TD>11-05-06</TD><TD>18-05-05</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Audrey/Mandy</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>15-11-05</TD><TD>15-01-04</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Milan Wedding</TD><TD>Mark Yang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kastine</TD><TD>05-10-06</TD><TD>05-10-06</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Julia Wedding</TD><TD>Fabian Lim</TD><TD>Derrick Ong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>07-10-06</TD><TD>07-10-06</TD><TD>Camilla</TD><TD>Karina</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>The Wedding Present</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Ron Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynette</TD><TD>20-11-05</TD><TD>11-03-04</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD> Audrey</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Ted Wu</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rene</TD><TD>27-03-06</TD><TD>11-05-05</TD><TD>Sir Stamford Rm</TD><TD>Andy</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Divine</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Kelvin – Chris Ling </TD></TR><TR><TD>Springbride</TD><TD>08-03-06</TD><TD>15-05-05</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Ailin</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Divine Couture</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Daylight</td></tr></table>

springbride

Hi smilez,
My email is [email protected]

Hi Rene,
Realised that our ROM &amp; wedding dates are pretty close. Dun mind if I ask whether you are already staying with hubby? Coz I dunno whether wanna shift to our new place in Nov this yr, or wait until customary in Mar then move in... I feel that after staying together for a while then have customary seems like very weird.

Is there anyone else having the same dilemna?

smilez

wah qiqi.. so good $500 plus drinks for the garden?? sounds more reasonable...

yeah blueybubble if its $500 still OK.. let me know if u succeed in getting it k
happy.gif

blueybubble

Hey Smilez,

My coordinator quoted $1k++.
sad.gif
Have not negotiated with her yet. Who is your coordinator? Was it stated in the contract together with the banquet? Plus, my FH is not in town. Need to discuss with him also.

i_ling83

the projectior i use something to ex-change with them...cos from what i kn they dun hv their own projector they also hv to rent it from other people...

smilez

Halo blueybubble,

My coordinator is Ailin.. she havent draft out the contract for me yet.. who is ur coordinator?
$1k ++ for a half an hr event like not beri worth it wor... $500 still can consider :p

keke..

i_ling83

jamie,
i use the 'butlar pass' (hope i got the correct spelling) to exchange for the projector... i dun kn itz worth a nt but i think the guest is going to eat the 8-9 course dinner so i think dun need to serve any things b4 the dinner start, they take out the butlar pass but they will still serve the cocktail for the guest......

i also not sure what the PG &amp; the VG need beside the projector to show out the photo or the video...my will be showing the video for the day time

i_ling83

jamie,
i use the 'butlar pass' (hope i got the correct spelling) to exchange for the projector... i dun kn itz worth a nt but i think the guest is going to eat the 8-9 course dinner so i think dun need to serve any things b4 the dinner start, they take out the butlar pass but they will still serve the cocktail for the guest......

i also not sure what the PG &amp; the VG need beside the projector to show out the photo or the video...my day time video will be shown out during the dinner.

eveuloveme

hi genesisgalaxy,

hyatt has the cymbidium center piece. it consists of a few cymbidium in a class rould bowl, quite nice. i m considering it cos my theme colour is GREEN! hehehe

eve

lovyaa2

Anyone buying the wine straight from Hyatt? What do you think of the quality and price? Do you have the soft copy of the wine list? Have signed up with Hyatt but unsure whether to use their wine.

jase

Hi louyaa2,

Can I have your email? I'll send wine list to you. Apparently quite cheap all in the range of $20+ nett

i_ling83

Lovyaa2,
here r the wine list hyatt give me....

WHITE WINE,
Elder Savignon Blance Verdelho, Australia $26.50

Willow Glen Semillon Chardonnay (S), Australia $21.00

Woolpunda Chardonnay , Australia $23.50

Kressmann Grand Vin, Chardonnay 2002, France $21.00

Provignage Vin De PAys Blanc, Cornerstone, France $21.00

Oxfird Landing, Chardonnay, Califonia $29.00

Beringer Stone Cellars, Chardonnay, Califrnia $26.50

Masi Modello, delle Venezie, Veneto Italy $27.50

RED WINE,
Gnanagara, Shirazn , Australia $26.00

Willow Glen Shiraz Cadernet (S) 2002, Australia $21.00

Tyrell's Pinot Noir, Australia $30.50

Kressmann Grand Vin, Cadernet Sauvignon 2002, France $21.00

Jean Luc Colombo, Cote du Rhone , France $29.50

Banrok Station,CS,Shiraz $23.00

Beringer, Stone Cellar, Merlot, California $26.50

Provignage Vin De Pays Cornestone 2002, France $21.00

*all rates r inclusive of 10%service charge,1%cess &amp; pervailing GST

*all orders of wine must be for a minimum of one carton (12)

i_ling83

Blur Gal,
the butler-passed canapes i think is small snack.. i also nt too sure what kind of small snack the will sever...so i change it to the projector cos i feel dun need to sever any snack as the guest is going to hv the dinner soon and i feel sever cocktail is more then enough.....
happy.gif

i_ling83

spring,
My rom date also pretty close to u &amp; rene.....
happy.gif
3days after yr rom date.... i think diffrent ppl got diffrent thinking.... for me b4 rom my hb already stay with me @ my parent house so after rom he also still staying @ my place nw waiting for our bto flat in sengkang to be ready...if i were u i will shift to my new house b4 customary i dun feel is weird cos u all already ROM is husband &amp; wife already
happy.gif
for me then weird b4 rom already staying together that y faster go rom...hehehehe
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

yuckie

Hi Genesisgalaxy

I am also thinking to use the cymbidium flowers and mabbe with the red backdrop setting.

My AD will be next mth and tonight i will be meeting with my co-ordinator to discuss on the settings all sorts of things... See what she can suggest to me. i will be taking the black theme... and also thinking to use red roses all over... hmm confused leh.. i got to decide by tonight what i wan already.

genesisgalaxy

hi lynette
exactly!

i'm using the shocking pink backdrop coz my evening gown is gold (really bright gold) so hyatt's gold theme is out.

I'm thinking of red roses too but wld that make the whole area too "cina"?? (too red in that essence). That brought me to the cymbidiums.

Sigh. I don't know what to choose!

yuckie

Genesisgalaxy

No leh, in fact with red roses n the black theme.. things will look kind of romantic feeling leh....

Have you seen the photos from Hyatt on red roses??

Btw, are u going to take up the black theme?

springbride

Hi iling
Seems like nowadays there's no hard and fast rule as long as the couple's parents are alright with it. Ya, u r rite. I have also been staying at hb's place after ROM till now, so I guess it makes no diff if we shift into our new place before customary.

Haha, u r so lucky, can make your hb stay with your family. My hb is the only son, so I have to go n stay with his family. Though I dun mind staying with the old folks, but dying to shift into our new place when it's completed. Abt half a mth more to go...

springbride

Anyone knows how many colour themes Hyatt has? I asked my coordinator to email me the actual wedding dates with diff set-up, but it seems like there are only black or white theme leh.

apache68

hi everyone, my FW n I juz booked Hyatt for our dinner oso.. on the 9th Dec 2006.. But ours is the small ballroom (Camelia) as we have very little guests.. We will b doing the solemnization before the dinner too.. But we not doing it in the garden cos we were quoted $5K for the garden!!

hi Kastine, can update us in the table? dunno how to do it.. thanx..
happy.gif
happy.gif

qing22

<table border=1><tr><td>Bride</TD><TD>Banquet</TD><TD>ROM</TD><TD>Ballroom</TD><TD>co-ordinator</TD><TD>Theme</TD><TD>BS</TD><TD>VG</TD><TD>PS </TD></TR><TR><TD>BlurBlur</TD><TD>30-11-06</TD><TD>30-11-06</TD><TD>Sir Stamford Rm</TD><TD>Audrey</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Bridal Veil</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Collin_Eileen</TD><TD>09-12-06</TD><TD>Camilla</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Iling</TD><TD>11-05-06</TD><TD>18-05-05</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Audrey/Mandy</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>15-11-05</TD><TD>15-01-04</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Milan Wedding</TD><TD>Mark Yang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kastine</TD><TD>05-10-06</TD><TD>05-10-06</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Julia Wedding</TD><TD>Fabian Lim</TD><TD>Derrick Ong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>07-10-06</TD><TD>07-10-06</TD><TD>Camilla</TD><TD>Karina</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>The Wedding Present</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Ron Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynette</TD><TD>20-11-05</TD><TD>11-03-04</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD> Audrey</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Ted Wu</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rene</TD><TD>27-03-06</TD><TD>11-05-05</TD><TD>Sir Stamford Rm</TD><TD>Andy</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Divine</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Kelvin – Chris Ling </TD></TR><TR><TD>Springbride</TD><TD>08-03-06</TD><TD>15-05-05</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Ailin</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Divine Couture</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Daylight</td></tr></table>

kelly_pink

Hello Collin_Eileen! Welcome
kao_welcome.gif

We're holding my wedding dinner at the Camelia ballroom too! Also wanted to do the solemnisation at the garden..heehee..saw the settling that they have..quite nice..but they quoted as quite a lot too! Can't remember how much but only remember alot.. hahaha
rofl.gif

xoxo

HI Spring,

There is only Black, Vanila &amp; White theme in Hyatt. I had confirm with my coordinator yesterday. However, there r many flowers for u to mix &amp; match
happy.gif

blueybubble

Hey kastine, add me in list as well! Thankies!

Bride: blueybubble
Banquet and ROM: 10/06/06
Ballroom: Magnolia/Vanda
Co-ordinator: Karina
BS: Golden Horse Awards
PS: TBC

Thankies so much!!!

springbride

Jamie &amp; Kelly,
Thanks for the info. I remember from the bridal show that there is also a red/maroon theme...
Kelly, what is sandwood theme?

Hi girls,
Just wanna share my opinion on the black theme. I went down 2 days ago to see the actual wedding setup at the grand ballroom. We actually fell in love with the black theme during the bridal show. However, somehow it doesnt look as nice during an actual wedding leh. I find it too dark and gloomy when there are many tables (the one I saw had 42 tables). Imagine the waiters also wearing black, then some guests will also wear black...doesnt have the 'xi qi' feeling leh. Now, I have decided not to choose black theme already. Just my personal opinion, no offence to those who are taking the black theme.

I'm going down this weekend again to see the white theme, will take some pics to share. Has anyone seen other themes n would like to share the pics?

miffy80

yeah! i agree the black theme is very nice but maybe not for my wedding coz i still prefer the red theme which is simply so beautiful. my fiance and i love it at first sight! hehe

oh the theme for this sat's wedding showcase is white for the grand ballroom?

Juz to let u guys know for those going for sir stamford room that there will be a wedding held there this sat. You can drop by to check out on the actual setup. ;)

xoxo

Hi Kelly,

the red or maroon is only for the VIP table. If u wan rest of the table also maroon, u need to top up. Other color besides black, vanila and cream, u need to top up to buy the table cloths. I ask my coordinator, he said no such theme as sandalwood loh.
happy.gif

xoxo

Hi Spring,

think i was there too to meet my coordinator and saw the 42 tables in grand ballroom. Pretty dark hor....

apache68

Hi Kelly.. congrats.. yah lor.. the garden was nice. . but too expensive..

Hi Kastine.. sorry but there is a mistake in the table.. Below are the details.. can update for mi again.. thank you..
happy.gif
happy.gif

Banquet and ROM: 09/12/06
Ballroom: Camellia
Co-ordinator: Merlissa
BS: TBC
PS: TBC

qing22

<table border=1><tr><td>Bride</TD><TD>Banquet</TD><TD>ROM</TD><TD>Ballroom</TD><TD>co-ordinator</TD><TD>Theme</TD><TD>BS</TD><TD>VG</TD><TD>PS </TD></TR><TR><TD>BlurBlur</TD><TD>30-11-06</TD><TD>30-11-06</TD><TD>Sir Stamford Rm</TD><TD>Audrey</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Bridal Veil</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Collin_Eileen</TD><TD>09-12-06</TD><TD> 09-12-06</TD><TD>Camilla</TD><TD>Merlissa</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Iling</TD><TD>11-05-06</TD><TD>18-05-05</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Audrey/Mandy</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>15-11-05</TD><TD>15-01-04</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Milan Wedding</TD><TD>Mark Yang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kastine</TD><TD>05-10-06</TD><TD>05-10-06</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Julia Wedding</TD><TD>Fabian Lim</TD><TD>Derrick Ong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>07-10-06</TD><TD>07-10-06</TD><TD>Camilla</TD><TD>Karina</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>The Wedding Present</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Ron Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynette</TD><TD>20-11-05</TD><TD>11-03-04</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD> Audrey</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Ted Wu</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rene</TD><TD>27-03-06</TD><TD>11-05-05</TD><TD>Sir Stamford Rm</TD><TD>Andy</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Divine</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Kelvin – Chris Ling </TD></TR><TR><TD>Springbride</TD><TD>08-03-06</TD><TD>15-05-05</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Ailin</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Divine Couture</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Daylight</td></tr></table>

qing22

<table border=1><tr><td>Bride</TD><TD>Banquet</TD><TD>ROM</TD><TD>Ballroom</TD><TD>co-ordinator</TD><TD>Theme</TD><TD>BS</TD><TD>VG</TD><TD>PS </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blueybubble</TD><TD>10-06-06</TD><TD>10-06-06</TD><TD>Magnolia/Vanda</TD><TD>Karina</TD><TD>Golden Horse Awards</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>BlurBlur</TD><TD>30-11-06</TD><TD>30-11-06</TD><TD>Sir Stamford Rm</TD><TD>Audrey</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Bridal Veil</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Collin_Eileen</TD><TD>09-12-06</TD><TD> 09-12-06</TD><TD>Camilla</TD><TD>Merlissa</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Iling</TD><TD>11-05-06</TD><TD>18-05-05</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Audrey/Mandy</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>15-11-05</TD><TD>15-01-04</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Milan Wedding</TD><TD>Mark Yang</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kastine</TD><TD>05-10-06</TD><TD>05-10-06</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Julia Wedding</TD><TD>Fabian Lim</TD><TD>Derrick Ong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>07-10-06</TD><TD>07-10-06</TD><TD>Camilla</TD><TD>Karina</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>The Wedding Present</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Ron Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynette</TD><TD>20-11-05</TD><TD>11-03-04</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD> Audrey</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Ted Wu</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rene</TD><TD>27-03-06</TD><TD>11-05-05</TD><TD>Sir Stamford Rm</TD><TD>Andy</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>Divine</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Kelvin – Chris Ling </TD></TR><TR><TD>Springbride</TD><TD>08-03-06</TD><TD>15-05-05</TD><TD>Grand Ballroom</TD><TD>Ailin</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Divine Couture</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Daylight</td></tr></table>

kelly_pink

Hello ladies!! It's Friday already!!

Hi Jamie,
I understand that the sandwood theme is the "brown tone" colour scheme leh...Think i got ask my coordinator before abt it (coz I heard from someone abt it)..taut I remember she mentioned that it is actually the colour used will redish brown.. maybe I heard wrongly..
kao_sticktongue.gif

systema

hi ladies,
i hv to decide between hyatt and swissotel (stamford) by tomorrow... please help...
how do you gals find the service at hyatt?
has anyone tried the food at both places?