Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel

jaslyn

My fiance and I would like to book our wedding banquet at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel. It's at Havelock Road, just opposite Great World City and brand-new 5-star hotel. Great ambience. The price a bit on the high side $688+++ (so adds up to nearly $800 per table). Any comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

C

chin leng

Hi Jaslyn,

You may want to do a keyword search "waterfront". There are many postings on Grand Copthourne just that they are all over the forum.

Everyone is still welcome to post the comments on Grand Copthorne here as it is good if we can consolidate the postings under its own relevant topic.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

daphne

I'll be having my wedding in december and we are in the final stage of banquet selection. I've been to Grand Copthorne and they've got a beautiful ballroom. Need some comments on the quality of food and service before i make the final decision.

baby

Hi all,

I realise that Grand Copthorne is quite a new hotel so they should not have much experience with wedding banquets....can anyone who has been there for a wedding, please share yr comments? From what I undertsand, the food is not individually portioned as the waiter to table ratio is 1 waiter to 3 tables. thats quite bad right? I mean considering the standard is about 1 waiter to 1 table? Can I hear some comments please? I love the ballroom because it reminds me a bit of the Ritz and its not as expensive as the Ritz. But my main concern is the service. I have searched the forum and found very little comments on the service, food of Grand Copthorne......... most talk abt the ballroom............... wish to hear more. thanks!

kpo

Hi baby,

Attended my friend's wedding @ G.Copthorne a couple of weeks ago...the coordination team (i.e. sales, banquet, operations pple) was pretty professional & experienced.

As for the service, I feel that it's comparable to that of Ritz (i.e. 1 waiter/waitress @ each table)...as for food, it's definitely better than Ritz!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Baby,

Not all hotels are able to provide 1 waiter to 1 table ratio. I think the norm is about 2 waiters to 3 tables.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

jaslyn

My fiance n myself have just placed a deposit of $3000 for Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel yesterday evening. They showed us the bridal suite which has a very very nice view. They said we can choose the city or river view. And the bridal suite is between 28th and 30th floor (highest floor), depending on the availability that day.

The reason why we've decided on this hotel is because it's highly recommended by my father-in-law who went to 2 wedding banquets there. He said it's got a grand ambience (just nice for his biz frens) and great service and food.

Just some input for those considering Grand Copthorne. And the ballroom's got great garden view, which makes the ballroom look spacious.

R

rj

hi Jasyln,
I will be holding my wedding in july in Waterfront Hotel.. Til my is over, I let you know abt the food, service & blah.blah..
I like the hotel 'coz of the ambience & garden view & the projector that enable me to play my stuff. May I know when is your wedding then??

jaslyn

my wedding would be in March 2002. Still a long way to go. Have u taken your wedding pictures already? Which bridal boutique?

cheerios

hi jaslyn,

did u manage to bargain for anything extra? who's the salesperson that service u? i'm kinda interested in copthorn waterfront and as a newbie, dun know wat i can bargain for.

any comments appreciated.

thks.

jaslyn

I forgot what we've bargained for, becos it's my fiance who's been doing the liasing.I can check for u... but the per table cost is rather high. Just hope that we can break even for that night.

cheerios

thks, jaslyn!

i am looking at wkdays and given the current promo, i think the per table cost shd be manageable. i certainly hope we can break even too!
happy.gif

jaslyn

hi cheerios

we've used the coupon which comes with the latest Her World Brides. It offers $18 off per table, additional barrel of beer, free seat covers, one night stay for helpers (the catering team told us that it's not advisable to give a room for helpers, as they normally disturb the couple for the whole night).

RJ: remember to feedback us on the food and ambience after your wedding! We r counting on you for the valuable feedback! BTW, have u got any good actual day photographers to recommmend?

cheerios

hi jaslyn,

agree totally tt a room stay is not advisable for helpers. :p may convert to 2nd nite stay at bridal suite instead. did u negotiate on this when u mk ur booking?

went to see hotel and i like the ballroom v much. may consider this hotel v seriosuly. in the meantime, still checking out other options. will see The Regent and mk comparisons. yes, i hv the coupon for grang copthorne too, so the package price works out to be quite reasonable.
happy.gif

cheers!

L

luku

hi jaslin, i am also considering the grand copthorne. must be blind coz i didn't c the coupon in hw brides.

adeline

hi,

i've been their quite a few months back. i must say that they indeed have a very nice classy ballroom w/o pillars.

I thought the food was good...at least one of the best that i have tried so far.

i'm also considering Grand Copthorne for my wedding in dec02..

pebbs

hi,

jus to check with those who have book wif them...the minimum number of tables is 45 rite? i dun think they have anything from 25-30 tables???

M

mcma

Hi

I am also thinking of Grand Copthorne. I have seen the ball room, like it very much. But two things on my mind are mainly the location and food. Anyone who has held the wedding there? and did your guest find it difficult to locate the hotel?

cat

Hi all,

i attended a dinner there yesterday. the ballroom is spacious and it looks really good esp when the curtains are drawn up to reveal its "famous" landscaped garden. i dun like the foyer area though cos it seems a bit cramped. as for the food, quite ok but ab bit cold by the time we were served. i dunno if the location is one of the reason but the ballroom was not even half-filled by 8.15pm and dinner started late at around 8.45pm last nite. hope the above is useful.

gin

Hi all,
Cat: Are we in the same ballroom? I think we are. Hehe.. the bride is my cousin.

Been to the place yesterday too. My opinion is the room is spacious as compared to Ritz Carlton.
Grand Copthorne- Wedding dinner with 50+ tables = Spacious

Ritz Carlton- D&D with 120+ tables = cramp

Hehehe.. I like copthorne's ballroom as the place is nicely carpet. Food i can say SO-SO only. Location is abit inconvenient as no MRTs or public transport around..err...i think it's beside Zouk so got bus la! Hehee.. service not bad as almost every dish, the waiter will serve us. And not forgetting plates are being changed every dishes. Oh..one thing to note, one of my relatives claim to reach home around 12.30am while me 11.30pm. Why such a difference, cos it seems the serving of dishes for each tables is different.
Another thing to note, not sure whether is it bride and bridegroom's idea, but they walked in once at the beginning of the dinner and another time for champagne pouring. I find it abit redundant to walk 2nd time in. And i find it abit slow..as there is quite some way to walk..
:p
My 2 cents worth!
Overall, i like the ballroom only! haha..

gin

Oh yah..not forgetting the drinks, my refill for orange soft drinks took a few calls before they can actually get it for me. So seldom have auto refill unless being told. Heeheee..
happy.gif

jaslyn

hey gals

so much for the feedback...me having wedding at GC next year, so im keeping my fingers crossed tat things will turn out fine!

R

rj

hi Jasyln,

I think everybody has diff opinions. But i believe since this is a new hotel,it shld be good. who is your sales person?? mine is Grace Wong. She happened to be my friend's friend!!!
I have sent my wedding cards for printing.
Hope it turns out well & gd of course!!

cheerios

hi,

i saw the decor on saturday too, and i must say it's v nicely done up.
happy.gif
when i went there, the florist was not there yet, but the ballroom already looked stunning! but food is of cos an impt factor and if it's oni so-so, well, i hv to reocnsider my choices carefully. thks Gin, for your feedback!

jaslyn

i went to Grand Cop for a weekend stay just last week. I went to the ballroom to see... it's very nicely done up and modern looking....

M

mcma

Hey I also went there to take a look on last Saturday. What a coincidence. From what I have gathered, just the ballroom is nice, everything else so so only, right? hmmmm....

jaslyn

i tink Grand Cop scores with their famous landscape garden.... their big plus point.... n of cos their warm lightings during the dinner....

cheerios

the landscape really makes the ballroom look v "complete and romantic", i think! gd for u jas, i think u'll hv a great wedding.
happy.gif

jaslyn

Hi

Would like to ask: I would be throwing a wedding banquet for approx 600 guests (tat's 60 tables) at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel. They told us that 60 tables is the maximum. I'm now worried tat since we hit the maximum, would the ballroom be very cramped? They were saying that 45 tables is ideal, but it can go up to over 50 tables. Anyone who went to wedding dinners where the couple hit maximum number for the ballroom? Can advise?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jaslyn,

Maybe you can check with Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel when they have a big wedding event? Check if you can have a peep at the ballroom and get a feel if the arrangement will be tight.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

jbride

hi Jasyln,

Why don't you find out from GC itself. Call them & ask. for me will be holding next week but it's abt 45-50 tables. Wait til mine is over, I let you know whether mine if it's 50 Tables will be cramped or not.

jaslyn

Hi

The reason why i asked is to gather feedback from those who have reached the max capacity. My feeling is tat sometimes hotels wld not tell u tat honestly, esp if u want more tables, the of cos they wld not tell u not to take more tables right?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jaslyn,

As Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel is still relatively new, feedback may not be that readily available. Usually, invited guests may not know if the wedding couple had reached the maximum capacity. The idea of taking a look at the ballroom arrangement was suggested as a work-around if you were unable to get any feedback.

Don't worry, we know that you are trying to gather feedback and understand your concern.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi JBride,

You must be feeling very excited since the date draws nearer with every ticking minute!
proud.gif

Must have enough rest before your wedding and remember to dedicate the tasks to your good friends and helpers. Don't worry, they will be more than glad to help out. Must remember to relax and enjoy the wedding!

Congratulations!

Regards,
Chin Leng.

apples

Hi Jaslyn,

Why worried about the number of tables when the ballroom can cater for max up to 65 tables. The hotel will not commit that kind of numbers if they never try before, Honestly speaking, i have attended dinner & dance for 65 tables last year.

jbride

hi Jaslyn,

My wedding is finally over & everything is great!!! Alot of friends said the food is good (I have chose menu 2 with the fish swopped with menu 1) & different from other of coz with the terrace garden view by the side & the whole environment is so grand. At least both my hubby & I have chose the place I liked. so hope you too..

kpo

Hi JBride,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
proud.gif

When my friend had her wedding @ Grand Copthorne in Feb this yr...I really liked the place as well as the food :p~~~

Happy for you that both you and hub enjoyed the banquet!
happy.gif

Yah...like what Lisa mentioned...do share with us your wedding day story (& pics too!)!!!

Flying off for honeymoon?

jaslyn

Hi Jbride

Congrats on your weddding!!! So the food n ambience to your liking?? Good for u!

must show us your photos okie?

jbride

hi jaslyn (jaslyn),

Mine was 48 tables & my Co-ordintator is Grace Wong from GC. But if you have max 45 tables, you can put the stage infront of the terrace garden view.

jaslyn

wow, Jbride, the stage infront of the terrace garden view? im impressed by that! but i tink i wld have close to 60 tables, or even more. actually i wld like to have a L-shape march-in. But they said it will be a straight march-in if we exceed 45 tables. (???)

so thumbs up for the food? did u go for their food tasting? they got no free tasting though. dunno whether want to go for the 50% off for food tasting.

L

lelia

Hi JBride,

Can email me your wedding pix at [email protected] ?

It wil be great to see diff brides' gowns and all as I am in the designing process of my gown. Thanks!