Grand Banquet at Hotel Royal @ Queens

reneyin

Hi,

I am interested in holding my AD at Fu Lin Men. But so far I have not received any reviews regarding their service and food. Anyone tried before? Care to share your experience?

clingbel

Hi reneyin,

I saw that theres free flow of beer, red wines etc and also foc food tasting. But there is no package price to this Fu Lin Men.....

reneyin

Hi clingbel,

actualli i have all the package details already. The package they offer is very attractive. But coz none of my friends have try before, so not very sure if the service and the food is good or not.

vysweetapple

My hubby brother held his wedding there in April this year. The food there is very nice & the helping is very big. We were all too full to finish the second last dish. We also find that the red wine provided is nice too. The only thing that is stopping us for holding our wedding there is the atmosphere.

eileengan

Hi Reneyin,

This looks great. But for the Classic package at $498nett, does it comes with a bridal suite? Also wat is the minimum table? And got pillars all around?

Thanks & Cheers
Eileen

reneyin

Hi Eileen,

Yes, the classic package ($498 nett) comes with the bridal suite. 1 night stay I think.

There is no min no. of tables but they will serve other walk-in guests somewhere at the side without interrupting the main event.

Ya there are several pillars around, which I don't like also. And I find the deco quite typical and not class at all. That's y I am still hesitating though the package is attractive.

eileengan

Hi Reneyin,

Thanks for the reply
happy.gif

Hmm given this price, why dun u consider Tang Court Cantonese Restaurant at RELC Hotel? You may wish to view the relevant thread here for more details
happy.gif

Cheers
Eileen

reneyin

Hi Eileen,

Actually Tang Court is in my list too. After viewing the place and going thru the package, I think I will go for Tang Court. I like the idea that by topping $60 per table, the restaurant will be exclusively for my event only. Coz I onli have ard 15 tables and other restaurants will entertain walk-in guests, which I don't like. My hubby and I prefer Tang Court and the package is attractive too.

itzbitz

I just went for a wedding dinner at Fu Lin Men last Fri... food's ok but service is a bit off. (Mostly temps or aunties... feels a bit like a zi char stall)

For those tables at the annex, i.e. next to the entrance where you won't have a view of the stage, it's really cold. And the TV there was not working too well cos the 3/4 of the screen showed people who were in black suits looking like they were wearing smurf blue instead. Quite disturbing. :p

foreverlove08

I'm interested holding my wedding in Fu Lin Men restaurant next year.
Is there any FLM brides & any comment?
Anyone can share the pic of the AD wedding deco?

elvis

Hi , did u already booked the wedding package ..?

because im their VIP card holder . i had saw the wedding package .

Their restaurant is around 25 tables . and i think the ballroom about 30 tables ..

i been that before , the food and service is quite good , the manager also very friendly.
the wedding package very attractive.

Because ,
the package inclusive , free flow beer , wine , hard liquor, also food tasting and one night 4 star hotel stay . only 22 tables can be it.

elvis

HI , all .

i'm VIP card holder of Fu lin men .

last week i went to my friend wedding dinner ,
actually is recomed by me .

The service no bad , and the food very nice , especially the dessert mango sago sweet soup ..
i love it very much ...

Also thier mayoniese corn flakes prawn , super cool......

piyo21

hey,

i'm FLM bride. My package is the old one w/o GST so no free flow of wine n hard liqour.
Ya, the mgr quite friendly can bargain one.

elvis

Hi , meiling (twinkle 1980) may i have ur email address , i have more detail of package ,can forward to u .

jeff2008

My buddy just held his wedding on the 24th feb08
He had 20+2 tables
Service was good.
Food was also ok

The package is good in the sense that hard liquor is free flow.
Too bad that actual consumption of the hard liquor was pathetic. (Guess it was a sunday and ppl had to work)

happy.gif

elvis

Hi all dear friend.

Do your know fu lin men going to do renovation for the restaurant ? and also brieng in new sound system and lighting .

foreverlove08

Hi, Elvis,

I heard before when last went to pay deposit with FML last year but do you know when it's going to start the renovation as my Ad is on Dec 08.

elvis

Hi, i went to FLM 2 day ago ,
Woooo. the ambience quite nice, which is renovation , lighting , new carpet , new chairs,
, new dummy Cake ( 5 tier ) . painting . and the infomation from the thin w/ tall manager. their still will bring in the wedding march in light effets and new high tech sound system. ....

elvis

hi, ling ling . i'm not idea ! but , i last went to wedding dinner , the comment from my table in very good , i think is medium dry and from france

doris09

Hi, all ! l went to FLM last week ,'m interested holding my wedding in FLM restaurant next year.
any comment for their service & food ? i had checked the manager if hold at hotel royal ballroom to pay 10% extra . but, the wedding package is so attractive.

akino

still active? FLM packages looks attractive. sure food taste good. i haven been to the hotel, but can u guys/girls tell me about it? hotel looks good on the outside? room good? because i went to Furama city located at chinatown looks very old on the ouside. i dont even know its a hotel until the taxi driver told us we've reach. the the lift inside looks like our old HDB lift... ^^

doris09

Yeah> still active , FLM Packages really very attractive , i haven try thier foods before. but , only last went to there. the mng let me try the dessert , mango sago sweet soup . wah !! very nice ,perfect . l like it . Hotel royal @ queens is so so , the room already renoved to 4 star , very high-tech . i also went to furama , peony , qian xi . but, looks the packages & team of wedding banquet my first choice is FLM. Because the mng FLM let me know the their team work how do to that. tell me the detail . i am very cofidence of them.

akino

yup. i went there last sunday.manager marcus not bad but very loh soh. talked to us half way to n entertain other customers. i also scare to ask him questions. room quite small lei. but their food looks good. 1 waitress to 2 tables. he took 2 hours. but he said might be changing the packages around may. might be stopping the free flows. n the stage looks small too. this sat might be going to qian xi to take a look.

doris09

Ya, Akino ! i think so , i went to there last day .
He Also very busy, on half way talk to me , a lot customer call him and come to look him . but, i very
admire him , coz he maintain the good EQ at the time . actually , that day i went there to put deposit , after i settled my deposit, look him quite busy,coz he say other manager n Supervisor on leave now. i still have some question to ask him. he also very detailed to explain to me , i feel thier customer service is quite good.

fio_na

doris, i also went down to meet marcus recently. i agree with u.. marcus is really v detailed n i like their service too. the package is so comprehensive. the oni thing dat is drawin me back now is the ballroom. there r 3 such big pillars there. r u holdin ur banquet at ballroom or the restaurant. when is it?

cube_cube

Hihi,

I took a look at the pkg on their website and find it very attractive.

Is it the updated packages? Anyone here having their wedding in 2009? I wonder whether the price is also applicable for 2009.

Did you gals just drop in for a visit or called for an appt? Whom do you look for to fix an appt? Thank you!!

fio_na

hi cube cube, the price is applicable to 2009 as well as long as u book the date n pay the deposit now. the price at the website is correct but it is not nett. still need to add 7% GST. and if u wanna hold in ballroom rather than the restaurant, u will hav to pay an additional 10% which means is package+10%+7%. think it will be beta that u make an appt b4 goin down. seems like all of us spoke to marcus. u can call them n make an appt to view the place..

akino

ya.. even if u add add add, prices still lower then hotel. so its good! what turn me off its the stage. looks small n unsteady. n the lift. hehe n the room. he said they might change package to without free flow soon. MAYBE. they will decide by may. so faster book!

cube_cube

going down today to meet marcus, and to have dinner there.

Wa ...but now may liao wor....hope i will remember to ask about the freeflow tingy...hai....

doris09

Hi, Fiona i'm holding at restaurant main hall on 28/Sep/2009 . the mail hall also have such illar But , that dat i went there ,is already install the tv besides there. i dislike the stage , i request extend the space . so, marcus promise me to extend 3 pcs in front that.

doris09

hi, Cube cube , i think u bettle call them to apoinment first , coz . marcus had talked to me , he will on leave this week . or look other manager

elvis

Doris , i went to lunch today . The seat cover chage to lily white . and the stage add in the two crystal lights , its good .

piyo21

Ya agree. Marcus is a v. nice guy. I think it's better to go during their break time (2-5) cos no customer.

I sign up my pkg to avoid the GST, althought it's without free flow red wine n hard liqour but this save me 1k+.

josyn

I juz went to FLM yesterday & was surprised by the improvements made since last visit (early this yr). We're lucky to see the wedding deco in both restaurant & ballroom cos' there were 2 weddings yesterday. Both Andy & Marcus were busy with the deco but still took the effort to show us ard. They even told us to give them suggestions to improve the deco so that they can make it nicer for future weddngs.
They really display excellent service & attitude despite being so busy. We really feel happy to have such nice & professional coordinators. Seeing such improvements, we really look forward to our wedding in Dec.