Gowns change for wedding lunch

cerealc

Hi Ladies,

I am planning to do my ROM, Wedding Lunch and Tea Ceremony all at the hotel.

Wondering any BTBs also planning for the same, and how many set of gowns are you girls planning to change?

I am thinking there's not really enough time for a change of full makeup/ hairstyle for wedding lunches, let alone the change of gowns? This will also compromise the time I am present during the lunch to mingle with my guests. Afterall, it's my wedding not fashion show, thought my guests may appreciate more interaction than the bride always missing during the lunch.

But just concerned whether just 1 set of white wedding gown will suit for ROM, Wedding Lunch and Tea Ceremony all tgt? What do you girls suggest? :)

yukoh

Hello!

I'm not too sure but for myself I prefer to wear kua for tea ceremony, maybe like 2 sets of gown for the lunch (1 of which for ROM).. Anyway I liked that we save time on changing & interact more with guests..

Also I will be converting to Muslim, Dunno if I wear headscarf on kua will look funny anot.. Hehe

BerryDreamy

Hi Ladies,

I am planning to do my ROM, Wedding Lunch and Tea Ceremony all at the hotel.

Wondering any BTBs also planning for the same, and how many set of gowns are you girls planning to change?

I am thinking there's not really enough time for a change of full makeup/ hairstyle for wedding lunches, let alone the change of gowns? This will also compromise the time I am present during the lunch to mingle with my guests. Afterall, it's my wedding not fashion show, thought my guests may appreciate more interaction than the bride always missing during the lunch.

But just concerned whether just 1 set of white wedding gown will suit for ROM, Wedding Lunch and Tea Ceremony all tgt? What do you girls suggest? :)

Hey gal,

I'm in the same situation as you! But I'm planning to wear the white gown for rom, tea ceremony till 1st march in. Will only change to another gown for 2nd march in.

How bout ur makeup and hairstyle? Throughout the same?

Using SingaporeBrides app

winleobee

I'm also doing 3-in-1 together!

Tea ceremony first, wearing a red chinese dress (pic as below) First march-in solemnisation wearing white gown. 2nd march-in change to evening gown. By the way, mine's a wedding lunch.

winleobee

Hey gal,

I'm in the same situation as you! But I'm planning to wear the white gown for rom, tea ceremony till 1st march in. Will only change to another gown for 2nd march in.

How bout ur makeup and hairstyle? Throughout the same?

I am also having thoughts about what to do with the hairdo. Normally the makeup artist will not stay throughout right?

sherlin

Morning one WG -> proceed to hotel for solemnisation with same WG same hairstyle -> tea ceremony with a change of Kua same hairstyle ->go up change to lunch WG change of hairstyle for 1st march in -> go up change to EG change of hairstyle for 2nd march in.

So rush indeed...

BerryDreamy

I am also having thoughts about what to do with the hairdo. Normally the makeup artist will not stay throughout right?

I doubt she will stay throughout unless u booked her the whole day...

Am quite headache on this too and im worried whether will it last by day end

Lemons

I'm wearing my white gown for tea ceremony and the first march in, then change to another gown for 2nd march in.

Make up wise, I engaged the artist for full makeup in morning and a touch up with hairstyle change for first march in. For the second march in, I'm just gonna change the hair accessory.

winleobee

I doubt she will stay throughout unless u booked her the whole day...

Am quite headache on this too and im worried whether will it last by day end

Think need to check with the bridal boutique what is the arrangement.. can't possibly same hairdo throughout right? at least the accessories have to change to match the dress color?

I see that most are having the solemnisation first, then tea ceremony. Why not the other way round or actually it doesn't matter lol

BerryDreamy

Think need to check with the bridal boutique what is the arrangement.. can't possibly same hairdo throughout right? at least the accessories have to change to match the dress color?

I see that most are having the solemnisation first, then tea ceremony. Why not the other way round or actually it doesn't matter lol

Im actually the tea ceremony first then solemnization!

Order as follows
FTB - tea ceremony - solemnization - lunch

CharYan

I'll be having tea ceremony, church wedding followed by lunch at hotel. Intend to do just one gown and make-up change before 2nd march in. So it'll be the white gown for the entire morning.

Mag_07

I will be wearing the white gown for the ROM ceremony and 1st march in. Afterwhich, I will proceed to change into another dress for 2nd march in and tea ceremony.

There will be one make up and hair style done in the morning and the 2nd hairstyle change will be after ROM.

NataDesCoco

Haha I'm doing all 3 together at the hotel too and I previously wanted to do tea ceremony first, then can change into kua upon reaching the hotel, so I could do tea ceremony first then change to first march in dress for solemnization then wedding lunch so I didn't have to rush to change after the solemnization, but the hotel organizer said that it'd make more sense to do solemnization first because some elders might not like that we're not lawfully married yet, which makes sense I supposed.

So my plan now is to wear a simpler wedding gown for pick up from my home, then after reaching the hotel do the solemnisation, then change to kua for tea ceremony, then after tea ceremony, change to a more elaborate wedding gown (I want one with a massive tail! Lol! Heavy, I know but it'll look amazing!) and then second march in change to evening gown. Hairstyle wise, probably only change for first march in? Hopefully the MUA stays till the second, but I don't think I mind too much even if I only have 1 hairstyle change. :)

Btw abit OTT, but is it a must to wear traditional Kua or is something like this okay? (without the fluffy bits though) http://www.favorbuying.com/media/ca...nese_traditional_bridal_red_wedding_dress.jpg

I find the traditional kua very unflattering and was looking at other options but probably hard to kneel in a full length cheongsam.

hi ladies, i believe most of your AD package will include 2 makeup (1 day + 1 night) and 2 hairdo (1 day+1 night). Since ours is a wedding lunch, we wont have time to remove the morning make up and do a fresh one. At most just touch up only. Not even sure if got time to change hairstyle! though im paying the full rate, but im only enjoying part of the service.. hmm, not value for money leh.. feels kinda shortchanged.. anyone exchange the 2nd makeup for something else?

yukoh

hi ladies, i believe most of your AD package will include 2 makeup (1 day + 1 night) and 2 hairdo (1 day+1 night). Since ours is a wedding lunch, we wont have time to remove the morning make up and do a fresh one. At most just touch up only. Not even sure if got time to change hairstyle! though im paying the full rate, but im only enjoying part of the service.. hmm, not value for money leh.. feels kinda shortchanged.. anyone exchange the 2nd makeup for something else?

Hey there, wld u want to consider exchanging for mothers' make up?

hello @yukoh ! hmm, think i might be engaging a separate MUA for mothers' makeup. hmm, is a "touch up" also considered a "2nd makeup (night)" since we are only have a luncheon?

JnJwedding

Hello, I'm a BTB too but is next year. I have the same question wondering if I will have enough time to change as I'm having wedding lunch. Plan to have all solemnization , tea ceremony and lunch together at the venue but I'm unsure that will there be enough time for me to change from my white for solemnization to my tea dress then change back to the white gown for 1st march in. Please advice and feel free to share your schedule.

Thank you ( :

babyPiya_

Hello, I'm a BTB too but is next year. I have the same question wondering if I will have enough time to change as I'm having wedding lunch. Plan to have all solemnization , tea ceremony and lunch together at the venue but I'm unsure that will there be enough time for me to change from my white for solemnization to my tea dress then change back to the white gown for 1st march in. Please advice and feel free to share your schedule.

Thank you ( :

I will change to kua if have time, if no will use white gown from church all the way till 1st march in...