GF older than BF?

panda_chua

Dear folks,

Have u seen examples of happily married couples like GF is older than the BF by 5-6 years
are they happily together?

will the gf worry tat the bf is younger with lesser stability in $, feelings career etc and worry that women may grow older than men..
wat are the happiness and worries that the couples will have and face
what are the advantages the couple have.

ambereen

Greatly depends on the age group. If the girl is already in her 30s and the guy is still in his 20s, then might not be very suitable unless the guy is already very stable financially and mature.

sgbabydoll

My brother and SIL started going steady when he was 27 and she, 32. OK leh. They have realistic expectations of each other and themselves right from the beginning.

carrot_carrot

Is not so much abt e no but rather the communications and each individual level of maturity and stability.
It doesn’t mean a thing even if the guy is older than the gal in terms of no but still behaving less mature than e GF.

globalroam

Nowadays everyone is beign liberal, but honestly it's not the age. It's just different priorities at a certain age, if you can most importantly compromise, forgive & keep falling in love with the same person,you will do just fine
happy.gif

septh

And also some guys might wanna wait a year or 2 to start a family but with an older girl, her biological clock can't wait.

septh

And also some guys might wanna wait a year or 2 to start a family but with an older girl, her biological clock can't wait.

sgbabydoll

I agree with Septh.

But the reason why the marriage of my brother and SIL is still in a blissful state, is simply because my brother has realistic expectation of SIL's lower chances of conception. They got married and tried for a baby without much success. In the end, they found out that he has poor sperm count. If he had gone on the assumption that because she is older and thus the reduced fertility, he would have so much to lose for she is a most wonder wife. SIL is so wonderful that my mom and I only have praises for her.

sgbabydoll

Just to add, SIL is a few steps ahead of my brother, pay and career wise. But they are perfectly OK with this. She doesn't feel superior to him. He doesn't feel inferior to her. They get along very well.

SIL is a little woman at home but a tough woman in office. As for my brother, when SIL got pay increment and job promotion, he feels happy for her. They are not at all affected by what people had said about them when they first got married, that because of SIL, my brother could buy freehold condo instead of HDB flat. True in a sense because if he had married another woman with lesser pay, he would have to live in HDB flat. Yet NOT true because he forks out as much money as she does for their lovenest.

Another issue often mentioned on articles about big age gap > 10 years is ... sexual compatibility down the road because the older spouse may not be able to keep up the pace of the younger spouse. I think this issue will probably be resolved by fast advancement in medical sciences.

fifi76

Hi
im older than my bf by 4 years. we getting married this year. i sometimes still weird as i used to be the type who will never date a younger man...haha...im 32 and he is 28....we are happy together

fustrating

my sil is 38 and my bil is 32, who just get married last year...although she look older than him...it seem that they are happily married & trying to have children.

jitty

i think it all depends on the individual. i am 18 yrs older than my hubby and we have been married for 2 yrs and till today we are still so in love.....

thommy

siobhan: see kimi's profile, she put down her age as 34 now...so married for 2yrs liao wld mean she married at 32. Older than her hubby by 18yrs which also means her hubby was 14 when they married.

wow wonderful case of 'jie di lian' (bro-sis relationship) hahahhahhaa..

miloice

"Aiyoh..kimi said she is 18 years older than her husband..not that she is 18 years old.."
haha.... if she is 18 yrs old, her husband is still in his mother's womb!
aiyo... something wrong with your math?

simiwakokuey

My ex manager 38 marry her hubby 28 years ago. She was a Finance AD and he was a student back then, no issues, happy marriage, 2 kids.

whereto

my husband is younger, he confessed he likes syt. I feel sad. I might look like syt before (I had always looked younger than my age), but after having to care for kid and work, I have aged.