Gathering men to petition against Women's Charter

life_is

Spoke to many lawyers about divorce over the past year. My case is just sad.

1) Wife is allowed to insist on staying with her mother without moving in to matrimonial flat, holding the child hostage, and now blaming me for not contributing to the family when there was none to speak of in the first place. Cannot sue, cannot call police, advised by lawyers not to go to in laws to get my child. Now become my fault that I can't do anything about the marriage?
2) Wife and her mother allowed to make all decisions without any input from me and nothing I can do about it.
3) Spent all my savings on the marriage and family and even on the in laws, and told by lawyers that there is no way to obtain any compensation whatsoever?

Haven't been able to be a part of my child's life since he was born because of these people. Why is there no law to punish such unreasonable behaviour?

Please gather all men who are not happy with the Family laws in Singapore. We should write a petition to get the laws changed so women are not given free rein to abuse us any further. I will draft a petition and send it everywhere possible. Marriage should be on equal terms and any dictatorship should not be tolerated, and the law should make provisions for tough punitive measures on men/women who don't take it seriously.

Unfortunately, with AWARE, there is not much that you can do. Every petition that you wrote would be put down by AWARE. I don't mind to sign on the petition but it would not be useful unless we have our own AMARE to showcase the plight that men have.

meimei1601

Can I ask is there a possibility that the wife ask for payment, split of property and all demands under womens charter. I am a woman myself, but I did not use it against my ex when we separated. How far can this go?

life-is, I am sorry for what happen to you. sometime, ex can be asshole and bitch.

Can I ask is there a possibility that the wife ask for payment, split of property and all demands under womens charter. I am a woman myself, but I did not use it against my ex when we separated. How far can this go?

life-is, I am sorry for what happen to you. sometime, ex can be asshole and bitch.
of it is yes. ask any lawyer you would know. That is how unfair the Women Charter is. Even if the girl is not good, they can still demand payment from guys. They can ask up to half of his assets.

No wonder no guys want to marry.

meimei1601

Verysadguy,

I do agree with u on how unfair it can be, I am a woman myself, sometime I must say that justice of law is not there to protect fairness, thats why that "woman" blind herself with scarfs, cos she cant even see it herself.

But I hope you dun give up hope, there are still good girl around, just that we met the wrong person at the right time.

I should have just make use of the women's chapter when I have my divorce, which I did not and let my ass go so easily.