Gatecrash cum ROM cum Wedding lunch

BerryDreamy

Hi ladies,

I'm doing my gatecrash at the hotel,follow by ROM follow by lunch.

Was wondering when should i do my tea ceremony and was thinking whether can i skip the wedding car since all gatecrash will be done at hotel and Im not req to go back his place since our families will be checking into the hotel a day earlier.

Any BTB doing this or any ladies have done tis before? Care to share program rundown? Thanks in advance!

Using SingaporeBrides app

cerealc

I'm not planning for a gatecrash. But also holding my ROM, wedding lunch, tea ceremony at the hotel. :)

Normally banquet reception starts at 12, official lunch will start serving at 12.30 (latest 1pm). For wedding lunch, the hotel tends to be very sticky and punctual on the serving time (advisable for your guests to arrive punctually) because they need enough time to clear the lunch banquet by 4pm++ and prepare for the evening banquet.

My banquet coordinator had advised, it's better to do the ROM around 11am so that it's not too early for your guests to arrive early if they want to witness the solemnisation. Then you also have time to mingle with your guests during reception after your ROM (takes abt 1 hr?) After banquet then gather your family members for the tea ceremony at a function room that your hotel probably will offer for free.

1st, your guests most likely will not get too drunk after a wedding lunch to the extent they can't attend the tea ceremony. 2nd, by the time lunch ends at 4pm it is still early, so your relatives will not be in a hurry to leave and can join in. 3rd, it will not be so rushed for you and your guests will not have to all gather in your bridal suite or reach extra earlier in the morning for the tea ceremony. 4th, assuming you may have a change into your 2nd gown during your lunch, you can continue to wear your pretty gown after the lunch during the tea ceremony and don't need to change to the "kua" or another set of "tea dress".

BerryDreamy

Thanks for the info!
Cos i be checking a day earlier, therefore FTB and gatecrash will be done in hotel too. And was planning for tea ceremony (to out immediate family member) in the room too...

My ROM will start at 11:30am, i presume it takes max 30mins? So by 12pm should able to welcome guests at the reception...

Using SingaporeBrides app

JasmineKee

What time is your lunch? I will do the tea ceremony either before or straight after ROM if I were you. Do you have alot of relatives for tea ceremony?

Mine was slightly different - tea ceremony at 11 am and my buffet lunch at 1pm. No ROM. My tea ceremony started late but it was faster than I thought. All done within half an hour (I have around 15 couples for tea ceremony). We went for a little photoshoot after tea ceremony and wasn't at the reception area until the room was ready for lunch.

jonwei

wow im not the only one with the planning of everything at hotel, that's gd to hear..

any parents have objections though, like must bring bride to groom's place and back to bride's place?

pinkpetter

My parents had no objections at all to my sister's arrangement (everything at hotel) no GC, no GDL, no go back and forth.... tea ceremony at hotel just before lunch.

It really depends. Ask first?

hututing

Hi.. Anyone can share your lunch itinerary? I am intending to have gatecrush, go back to htb place, photo-taking, tea cermony at venue, make up And lunch banquet.. my FTB time can only be 9am.. So I wondering how to I plan for my AD..

My email is [email protected]

TIA!

jolene428

Hmmm I know of a friend who had done this at Intercontinental hotel. U can consider too:

8-9am: Gate crash at hotel
10-11am: Tea ceremony at hotel suite
12pm-ROM at hotel (outside ballroom)
1pm: lunch banquet at hotel

jamieloi

Hi there, I'm planning to do gate crash at my house follow by going to htb house for his side relative tea ceremony then to hotel for rom and tea ceremony for my side relatives. Any one have itinerary to share? My email is [email protected].

Last edited:

heisenberg86

7-9am: Gate crash at hotel followed by tea ceremony back at home
11am: ROM at hotel (outside ballroom)
1pm: lunch banquet at hotel

My timing is given by the Feng shui master that I consulted . First part will be kinda rush

for those who are going to groom's house for tea ceremony, followed by hotel for tea ceremony for bride's family.

Will you be changing into your kua at the groom's house then proceed to hotel for makeup touchup then tea ceremony? or will you go to the hotel in your WG first, makeup touchup then change into kua for tea ceremony for bride's family?

what should be the correct procedure? Since we are not going back to bride's house for tea ceremony, is there a need to change into kua? anyone has the same experience?

eyelash_curler

for those who are going to groom's house for tea ceremony, followed by hotel for tea ceremony for bride's family.

Will you be changing into your kua at the groom's house then proceed to hotel for makeup touchup then tea ceremony? or will you go to the hotel in your WG first, makeup touchup then change into kua for tea ceremony for bride's family?

what should be the correct procedure? Since we are not going back to bride's house for tea ceremony, is there a need to change into kua? anyone has the same experience?

Hi sunshine, regarding which place to change into kua, traditionally, it's done at new bridal room.
But people nowadays don't really follow much wedding traditions, you might want to just follow your own preference and convenience.

Is your HTB's room air-conditioned?
If not, you might want to touch up makeup at hotel.

ahchew

Hi everyone, i also consulted fengshui teacher for timing for my lunch banquet but the schedule is really weird:
FTB - 9am to 11am
ROM - 1pm to 3pm.

Does anyone have experience with ROM during the lunch banquet?? Greatly appreciate if you can share your event flow / experience with me! my email is [email protected]. Thanks!

Reira2017

Hi, I have the same timing with ah chew's..

For ftb 9-11 timing, supposed to do tea ceremony to parents from both side.. Double checked with feng shui teacher..

so my current plan is
8-9am gate crash
9-11am leave house, go hotel, simple tea ceremony with parents
11am-12pm tea ceremony to the rest of the relatives
12-1pm mingle and take photos with guest outside ballroom
1-4pm lunch
4-5pm rest or maybe see what needs to be done
5-6pm ROM with close family and friends.. If they are close they would stay..

I'm thinking of doing my rom after lunch.. As I cannot picture doing the rom on stage with everyone..

When is ur wedding taking place?

Reira2017

Congrats on tying the knot! Please note: if you either of the groom / bride turns red after drinking alcohol, alcohol should be avoided before the solemnisation.
you may want to also note the gown or ROM dress you will be wearing for the ROM which may or may not be differrent from the second march in outfit.

Thanks.. Didn't know about the no alcohol before solemnisation part.. I don't drink so I'm fine.. I'll check with htb to see if he is ok if not to drink.. Since I have some time before rom.. Probably will change to a short gown for rom..

ahchew

Thanks @benbear for the advice!!! v useful =D

Hello @Reira2017 , mine is on 12 Feb 2017, Sun. Haha was discussing with my fiance on the arrangements, most prob will go ahead with ROM during wedding haha.. can rest after the banquet is over haha. Also need to handle the hotel payments upon the end of banquet, and the AD photo package prob covers 10 hours so not sure if they will cover the ROM not! rmb to check with your AD photographer and videographer =D

Reira2017

Thanks @benbear for the advice!!! v useful =D

Hello @Reira2017 , mine is on 12 Feb 2017, Sun. Haha was discussing with my fiance on the arrangements, most prob will go ahead with ROM during wedding haha.. can rest after the banquet is over haha. Also need to handle the hotel payments upon the end of banquet, and the AD photo package prob covers 10 hours so not sure if they will cover the ROM not! rmb to check with your AD photographer and videographer =D

Hi ah chew.. my wedding date is the same as yours!! :p was thinking of seeking your feedback on how it goes for ur rom before I make my final decision.. For photographer.. I'm thinking of negotiating to cover an extra hr :x

My worry is that I will not have my rom footage for video.. But then again.. im not quite sure abt having the rom on stage.. >.<

ahchew

hahaha @Reira2017 so qiao!! i tot im gonna be the rare one on 12 feb cos its so near cny... :):p:)

i have that concern too for the same day video edit, prob have to talk to the videographer (when i find one) about the length of video.. if not like also v waste money if v short! hopefully have some time to take some snippets walking along some pavements hehee..

no worries! I m sure ROM during / after banquet, your wedding will still be v smooth and beautiful! =D