Furama Riverfront Singapore

jazzy_chimes

hi wan and lavendery,

are you talking about the theme that was set up outside the Venus Ballroom during the wedding show?

wan, how much is the top-up?

lavendery

Hi fazzy,

In reality, it was totally disastrous right from the start of the banquet. After all the awful feedbacks from our guests (we ourselves as hosts also experience that), we have wrote in a long complain letter and waiting for a clear explanation from Albert or the upper management.

darcbleu

winkzz, can also send me a pics of the new themes? [email protected]

Just confirmed my AD with Albert.
Bang, can help me to update into your chart?
darcbleu, 29 Nov 2008, Mercury, Albert, 20 Jun 2006 (Amara Hotel Poolside), Le Grande BS, ??, Looking, ??

Thanxs

balfear

Hi all,

would like to check with u all. duing the recent wedding show, in mercury what are the minimum table required to get one carton free wine and free flow beer?

leejeslyn

hi devilaz, you could refer to their website for their packages...
happy.gif

lavendery

Basically its the poor food and services we received from the hotel.

For the cold dishes, the jelly fishes tasted like rubber band; top-shell were too little and its looked like a small miserable lump on top among the onions, making it looked pathetic and not presentable at all;
Sharkfin soup little/no traces of sharkfin;
For the steam fish, my colleague feedback to me that the meat is not fresh, it tasted sour and its also soggy;
For the chicken, the meat is very tough and hard, as if its had not been defrost yet;
The yam prawn, the feedback was the prawn it wasn’t fresh and tender, it was totally soggy it was too oily;
The EE-Fu noodles was totally tasteless, lots of my guests said that it was the worse EE-Fu noodles they ever tasted inside a hotel wedding banquet so far;
Honeydew sago was also a total failure, the sago was lumped together in a whole lump, the coconut gravy tasted very artificial as though its not cook and mixed well, it looked very powdery. One of my guests even have to use the spoon to separate out the whole lump of sago, while giving out to the rest of the guests in his table.

The actual banquet standard was totally different as compared during the food tasting, it was really miles apart. Alot of our guests (colleagues, relatives, friends) commented that the food were far worse than a normal neighbourhood restaurant. As a consumer, we would expect that the hotel should at least deliver food that it cook to the standard of a normal restaurant, if not at least use ingredients that are fresh (eg fish, prawns, chicken) while serving our guests. This made us felt ashamed and furious.

During the Lingzhi mushroom+lettuces, the waitress was very impatient to collect back the half-left over piping hot food on the serving plate even when the guests just started the first few bites on their plates.

One of my guests also feedback to me that while his red wine was half-filled, the waitress wanted to take away the glass and replaced with a brand new glass with red wine which was also almost half-glass filled, which doesn’t look logic & its a waste of red wine! I thought that red wine should only be replaced and refilled when the wine in the glass is almost finish?

Towards the 2nd last dish, there was no re-fill of tea anymore. This makes us being the hosts, seems like we’re rushing our guest that its time to go home.

For my bridal suite room service, we called up for room service for breakfast delivery on the next morning at 10.30am. We waited till 11.30am and yet no food was delivered to us!! Subsequently we made the 2nd call and to our dismay, we were told that there’s no such breakfast room service for us? I thought everything was written clearly in black and white before signing the contact? It stated that there will be breakfast accompanied by fresh flowers. After some negotiation over the phone, the precious breakfast was finally delivered to us by 12pm+ (and where’s the fresh flowers?), which was already lunch time. To think that we actually waited our breakfast for 2hrs?

We just email Albert yesterday afternoon. Up till now, still no reply from him yet...

stnov

hey lavendery.....it's sad to hear abt ur case & indeed it is embarassing as hosts to ur guests.....hope dat Albert will seriously looked into tis matter as it does reflects on the std of their hotel.....

lavendery

Yea lor, this banquet made us "lost face" right infront of at least 260 guests (26 tables), among which are our relatives, friends, classmates, colleagues (we even invited managers, directors).

For the past we days, hubby, me and my parents have been bombarding and hearing negative feedbacks from our guests regarding our banquet *sigh*

chubby_ting

Hi AMK...

Wow this is scary for most of us man.. What happen to FRF standard?? They can serve this kind of food to the guest?? However, to e frank la.. alot of ppl wil have diff opinion on the food. If only minority complain then I think it wouldn't be a big prob ma.. As for wine thing... some Banquets I went to was also like this. They will replace the Red wine when it is not finish yet.... I have attended a wedding that collect the food back when we havent finish eating it and I was like asking the Op manager are you rushing us?? The he apologise and said no no... just asking only... then they serve food v fast too. Imagine having 2-3 Dish on the table.. isnt it obvious that they are rushing the whole event? But to be fair la.. The banquet started late lo.. and it ended @ ard 11pm.. imagine...

So... haiz.... sometime things will cope up one but cope up in your wedding is a BIG prob liao!!

Gd luck AMK!I hope your things will go on smoothly now...

chubby_ting

I also scared that... Even b4 I sign with Hotel.. my aunty was like saying aiyah Hotel food where got nice then so ex.... sigh we really have 2 see wide wide lo.... we cannot pls everyone... nowadays nt many ppl wanna hold it @ restaurants liao ma....morever, we also scared we may lose $$... sigh alot of things man.... me also headache man

stnov

understand hw u feel.....which means dat quite a handful of ur guests do not have good feel for d food & std???

shining...thou it's true dat they need to rush to complete d banquet....then again it's a norm for banquet to start late which shd be expected......thou for service std of d banquet staff might not be able to control as they are mainly part-timers.....quality of food should not be compromise esp d steamed fish as steamed seafood require fresh produces which otherwise does clearly tells.....

chubby_ting

Hai....Hopefully FRF can read this & gt their heads working & work out a corrective plan for this man! I dont want my wedding to be like this as well! Really v bad lo..... that time when I went to attend my fren's wedding nt like this one leh... morever it is only 26 tables.. not like 46 tables! Haiz...

lwd80

Hi AMK,

Woh, that is a shocking news. Can you share with us how the management are looking into this issue? it seemed very serious when almost everyone is complaining abt the service.
This is not what we will expect from a 4-star hotel right.........

darcbleu

wow, that's bad for the image of FRF, as one of the reason i chose the hotel is becos of the food i tasted when i went for my fren's banquet there, and the feedback was good, so i really hope they look into this for further investigation, and whats with the breakfast, shouldnt there be any comm between the hotel banquets organiser and the frontdesk or roomservice for the free breakfast?not say we gian the thing but since they promise to give then why was there so much hassle?? really hope they see this and improve.i too will be utterly disappointed if i encounter this.

leikela

Wow this is really shocking..feel so bad for AMK..I hope to find some way to compensate u although I don't know that is even possible..its just so embarassing..do keep us updated on how it goes..
I'm going to pay my deposit today..now very scared after hearing what happened..and we are looking at, at least 40 tables..goodness..they can't even handle 26 tables??!!!!!!

lavendery

Till now, no reply from Albert yet. Quite disappointed. My hubby said just blamed it on our luck, money have been fully paid up, what can we do?

The feedbacks were from my relatives, colleagues and friends. We were shocked, so we actually went around asking around another 17-20 ppl who attended our banquet that night, hoping that we could hear some positive comments. However almost all gave the same smiliar negative comments -_-!!

chubby_ting

Wow... sian man .... if I were AMK I also sian until.... nothing to say liao.... its true that we pay for everything liao.. wat can we do man....

swee1182

Hi AMK,

I can understand how you feel. Though nothing can really cure since the damages have been done. Nevertheless, I do hope that they will at least give you a fair explaination and compensation, if any.

Initally, I have quite high expectation in FRF food especially when my co-ordinator ensure us that the seafood used are fresh. Now, quite worried.

To be frank, ever since I paid my deposit, my co-ordinator seems to have MIA. No reply from him when we send him some enquires via email even with reminders to reply. Also no update on the status of our contract yet. Any idea how long they need to prepare the contract?

I also do not have any idea of the change of themes. The last time he told me about the themes (Crystal & Garden) was on 18 Oct, hence was quite shocked to read that the themes have been changed.

Also understand from him that FRF is considering some renovations (i.e. change of carpets, lightings) to the function rooms and ballrooms by end of this year. (Now, I wonder how true is this or is this just a gimmick?)

~stargal~

hi all...

firstly thanks to all the well wishes...i could not login to check my email until today....

i m sorry to hear abt AMK's experience...for mine...everything went very well...my guests were all giving praises for the food...normally the noodles no one eat cos too full liao....but my cousins tell mi that is very nice and although they cannot finish...they wan to pack the remainder home...some of my frens who are quite particular with food also tell mi that the food is very nice...we onli managed to eat till the 2nd dish which is the sharks fin...and we are very pleased that the standard of the sharks fin remain the same as the food tasting...the banquet manager left aside our portion of the food and bring up to our room that nite...although it is from the dinner...but he heat up for us and i would say the food is really nice (or perhaps we were too hungry?..hehe)...

on the whole...that nite ran very smoothly...except that they forgot to open the door in time for us for the 2nd march in...but it was still ok...onli a few secs late...

as for the service of the staff...onli some of my frens encountered one or two waiters who were clumsy when clearing the plates...the banquet manager that nite was very nice...when we were going ard taking pics with every table...he would take the trouble to prepare drinks for us in case we got thirsty with all the chatting and the "thank yous"...after the banquet...i told him that my credit card is in the room...and he say he will bring the bill to our room...so i would say it is a thumbs up for his service...
happy.gif

lavendery

Actually what stargal said, like the banquet captain left aside our food portion and bought up to our room that night, prepared drinks for us during the midst of round table toasting...we also experienced that
happy.gif

In fact the only worth commendable thing for our overall banquet was the Banquet captain's service towards us that night
happy.gif

Perhaps its just our luck. But till now, still no reply from them yet *Sigh*

shanz_81

Wow...really a shock to hear AMK's story cos think 1st time hear such negative story in FRF thread..
But this service( lump of sago, no shark fins, things not fresh etc) was wat i got at Furama city centre that y i didnt chose there and choose furama riverfront( gd experience at colleague's wedding).
Y is there a need to change red wine glass? not just top up the glass?

Hi Winkzz,

can email me the pics of the new themes? thanks..really sad to hear dun have crystal theme cos that was wat i wanted to have sigh...

Also, do you all know by when will we get our wedding cards? is it nearer to the wedding or once u sign the contract?

netfinity25

Hi AMK,

I believe Albert is tie up with his work cos he just returned back from his leave. I believe he will seriously look into this issue and give u a favourable reply.

Maybe give him some time....

balfear

now mine main concern is that did they have any internal shifting or not?

As in chief and management issues. If thats the case after AMK issues will be a major ones.
sad.gif

icebaby0

Hi AMK,

I am surprised at how bad yours happened.

But I can assure the rest of you that for Stargal's wedding...everything seem to have gone on very well. Food was good and fresh.

chubby_ting

Hi All BTB,

I have been to a few times to their wedding setup time and I would say the Banquet Manager there who run the whole show was v gd leh... they r frenly & helpful.... I really hope that FRF would keep the standard up and wont make us regret for choosing them!

tingie

chill chill lavendry..

keep us updated on the response from FR ba... it's a BIG day for the couple and they sort of made it not even 'satisfactory'. i hope the management can at least give you a good reason/some sort of compensation and you'll feel better.

Nevertheless, don't let the dinner affect ytou too much and enjoy your couple blissss!

lwd80

Hi AMK,

Was wondering did you get the feedback from your guest before/after you make the full payment.

If the feedback was before the payment, did u try to complain to the Banquet manager or whoever have some authority there? Did they even attempt to explain to you?
this kind of services is not acceptable is any sense. How can they provide such a service. it is once in a life-time thing and we are paying so much for their services.

lavendery

Our guests only feedback to us on the next day. By then we have already made our full payment already immediately after our banquet ended.

Albert replied already. He said he had forwaded our complaint to Food&Beverages Operations Manager, Banquet Operations Manager and Master Banquet Chef. They will investigate the issues raised.

As a form of apology, he invited my hubby & i for a dinner at The Square Restaurant at any time of our convenience.

Personally i feel that they are treating this matter lightly. Just a dinner at their restaurant, to make up for that awful entire banquet? Such event could only performed once in a lifetime! Perhaps it means nothing to them, but it means a lot to us! But now i'm more concern in knowing what they got to explain for themselves.

shanz_81

Ya just s dinner and thats all?
Its 26 tables of bad food leh...and the bad memories and reputation they cause for themselves...sigh i can say all your guest will surely spread the word and avoid recommending FRF to others who wan to hold wedding banquets...

balfear

this is sux man... a dinner only?

no way... furthermore only 2 person. Ask for refund. Email to higher management.

hey would like to check with you all, for mecury ballroom what are the minimum tables then will be able to get free beer and one carton of wine?

Please advise

denril

i'm surprised at the disparity between the services and food quality of two weddings on the same day.

keep us posted lavendry. hope that there would be compensation more than dinner for two.

shanz_81

Hey lavendery,

realise that your solemnisation is on the same day, did you had it tog with dinner in the ballroom or before in another room.

stnov

AMK.....agree wif u dat wats more impt now is to have a clear picture on wat exactly happen dat brought abt tis unfortunate incidents....anyway wats done cannot be undone....offer ur guests sincere apology if u deemed necessary & im sure they do understand dat it's beyond ur control too...their presence is to share tis joyous occasion wif u..cheer up ger!!!

naivesg

Hey, first lets count down to Amelia, Crystal and Wan's wedding.

Next I am not sure but I feel that Coordinator plays an important part? Their coordinator are different and therefore diffence in the standards.

The thing I experience is a total different sale service after I signed up. I regret but dun think can change.

I think on my wedding day, I will ask my fren (whom will also be my coordinator) to get feedback and let me know. Then if no standard, I will not pay the rest.

AMK, a free lunch is not engh. Definitely at least must refund. Let them know how powerful word of mouth is and they are doing themselves a bad service recovery and in turn it will decrease their sales!

Oh, btw, did you go for your honeymoon?
All the best and do keep us update.