Frds wanted

noscon

caroline

ok... folic acid right...
happy.gif
shd be before preg....

ah xue
yeah i waited quite long at Dr Chris's office. I think he helped a lot of pple who are not able to get pregnant too.. pioneer or IVF or something like that...

yeah i went to Zhong hua for a while too... quite reasonably priced... its at Toa Payoh right?

haha i love your pet theory...
happy.gif

bunnyz

oh ok... thanks noscon...where do u get your folic acid pills from?

btw noscon since u shopped online so often..do u think itz cheaper if we order GNC products over drugstore website? or u know of anyone who gets their GNC products thru there?

I only know itz def cheaper but not sure about shipping costs.

I know of a fren who got lucky on her first try.... and yeah in this world this days..one has just got to maintain positiveness..
happy.gif

joxue

hi noscon, the clinic my frd mentioned is in admiralty. Yeah christopher did IVF ( test tube babies kinda of ). My cousin and ex colleagues have been trying for a long time too.. each time her "friend" visited her, she will be very disappointed.

Yeah some pple are just lucky.. some pple have it but then they dun wan.. I guess we just make the best of what we have..
happy.gif

My frd recommended me to take anti-oxidant from GNC.. anyone taking that?

beldry

hey girls..

hehe..wow toking abt having babies.. me just got back frm KL with my mum and sis..

hey ahxue..the same thing happ to my frd..she had been trying for a baby for the longest time..after almost 7 yrs of marriage.. but to date, hasn't been successful..

as for myself..think im not going to have a baby till maybe 3-4 yrs later? haha.. think im not matured and responsible enuff to be a mummy.. right now im still thinking abt bungee jump doing silly stuff.. hmm..hopefully by 4 yrs' time..my maternal instincts will kick in..

hi caroline and misty!

noscon

Caroline

I think there are some people who have GNC membership so they have 20% discount. Some people at motherhood website sometimes hold spree with 20% discount else you can get a friend who have membership to buy for you. Else if you know anyone from the SB forum, can ask them to buy for you if they are ok with it...
happy.gif
As for the online purchase, im not sure cos i neber bought from GNC b4...

folic acid can be purchased from any pharmacy eg watson or guardian..
happy.gif

ahxue
im not taking anti oxidant...advise me when you do!

yeah i know the disappointment too... but i guess im only at beginning stage of trying... some people tried for so much longer... keeping finger crossed...
happy.gif

ambush
ambush u from kl?

where r u gg for bungee? i did it once in Batam many yrs back.. not sure whether its still there or not... they also gave me a cert.. very cool experience.. but im not sure whether i'll try now..

beldry

hey noscon..

nah..just went kl for a short trip with my mum and sis.. was quite fun.. i think i ate tooo much..arghs..

hmm..oh yah..was thinking of nz.. had been thinking abt it for quite some time but didn't get down to doing it.. hey noscon..how was the feeling like? was it scary?

joxue

hi noscon, will let u know after i have taken them..

I just went to Missha ytd and bought the tone tuning tightening focus.. Was disappointed with the sales assistant's attitude.. she was very "bo chup" and what worse was she fed me with wrong info. In the end, her colleague came over and attend to me..at the same time to rectify the info given to me.. can see that she was annoyed with her colleague.

My cousin whom is in her 40s, married late and has been trying for a baby too. Like what ambush said, in order to have a baby, one needs to have the right mentality and willingness to commit. cant throw them aside, just bcos novelty wears off haha

wow u gals are so adventurous..

noscon

ambush

the feel was scarier when you "bounced" back up...then you have a sick feeling in your stomach that you are gg "down" again.. hahaha... even after 10yrs i did not forget the feeling... go try it... it is something you will never forget trying and nz's scenery is so good....
happy.gif

share some good shopping sites cos next yr im gg kl too!
happy.gif

noscon

ahxue

no never tried before though heard abt it... i think it has a store in vivo city... what do you hear is good from that brand?

joxue

Hi noscon I heard from my frd that the hand mask is pretty good.. but not too sure abt other products.

My frd bought me a gift from KL.. u know in bugis they have this pushcart stall where the artist can bend the wires into hairclips and such ? Can form names too.. my friend bought me one from KL, looks like a rose. about 8cm-10cm in height. Done by a handicapped.. very unique..

bunnyz

hi gals
happy.gif

Yes Ahxue..only tried Locci' shampoo and body wash! very good!!the aroma one... but quite ex .
My fren said the hand lotion is good.
They have a store at Take.. same floor as the delifrance. and a separate section in Taka basement.

I use face scrubs like once every few days..bought from my facial place..some papaya scrub..

Thanks noscon for the info...I do have GNC membership here in Spore..juz wondering if order online is cheaper..nvm la..

Ambush...more feasts round the corner
happy.gif

beldry

morning ladies..

i can't quite get to sleep..arghs..it's raining..tsk..

hey noscon..ok sure..hmm but i didn't go to many places coz it was a short trip.. you must go to berjaya times square.. it's really big and there are shops like mango, esprit..there's even arthur yen and urban and co. inside their metrojaya..

bukit bintang and central market are also good for some local buys.. hope these sites are useful.. chinatown at petaling st is also quite interesting.. can try the gui ling gao there..really yummy!

hope these sites are useful.. =)

http://www.smarttravelasia.com/klshop.htm

http://malaysia.sawadee.com/kualalumpur/shopping.htm

http://www.travelwithyourkids.com/destinations/kuala-lumpur-shopping

beldry

hey ah xue.. oh yah...that's nice! i remembered trying to have a hand at making names out of these wires some time back.. had to attend an art workshop with my friends.. was so difficult.. in the end i managed something that barely resembled my name.. it's fun but quite tedious..

beldry

hey caroline.. yalor..haha..it's the 'feastive' season.. can't wait to sink my teeth into a big juicy sandwich now..tsk.. ate my dinner very early yesterday...and i didn't have a drop since 8pm..haha didn't want to wake up with a bloat and puffy eyes this morning for the shoot.. now i can really do with a big breakfast and hot tea man.. so hungry..

noscon

ahxue

hmmmm oh isit? some hand cream smells really nice... i saw on the oprah show they were introducing oprah's fav hand cream too but forgot the brand liao..can check out oprah.com for info...

yeah bugis got lots of stuff... that day my fren n i also went there to try out the eyebrow trimming service by one of the salon stationed in bugis..the staff all wear kimono one..cant remember the name liao

where do you trim your eye brow or do you do eyelash perming? wana find out more...

noscon

ambush

thanks for the list... are the stuff in kl cheaper?

you heard of this place "The Mines Resort City" in KL?

noscon

Caroline

what is good n effective fr GNC?

Ladies
Can we share some of our basic beauty regime or beauty products/treatment for hair,face, body, nail etc which u think is good?

bunnyz

HI Noscon

Multivits seem ok.. effective for me..more energy now...juz started on their vit C so not very sure of the effects yet.

My basic beauty regime is just cleansing, toning,moisturiser plus scrubs every 3-4 days
foot scrub once a week(if remember)
I think I'm the worst here lor..he he
every time go pedi or mani, sure complain say my skin very dry..haiz

bunnyz

Ah xue..

think the loccitane brand's hand lotion costs about $42 for 3 individual small tubes...really small lor..some almond butter if I remember correctly.

Personally I think KL's stuff are not that cheap,if u shop in KLCC la.

joxue

caroline u arent the worse.. sometimes i forget my moisturiser at night.
i rem reading from an article that after removing make up, to allow the skin to rest for a while bfore applying moisturiser.. and i will usually forget.

my frd bought the hand cream but i do not really like the smell of it.. and lazy me will jus use one cream for all.. i cant be bothered to use one for the hand, one for legs then another for foot.. i am pretty hopeless..

joxue

noscon, i used to go for eyebrow trimming at a beauty salon in my neighbourhood. It was cheap n good. $5 only. did u ever try threading?

But then ever since the gal left, i visited them once and no more after that. I took pic after the session and realised that my brows are not balanced.. one arching higher than the other.. Very obvious..
sad.gif
i dint really notice it when i peep into the mirror at the salon.

I went to a salon in bugis and had my eyebrows trimmed before too.. I forgot the name. Its a hair salon but they have a MUA who does eyebrow trimming. Cost abt $18 0r $28, cant rem. My frd recommended me to have my brows trimmed at the shu uemura counter.

I perm my lashes before.. but then it didnt really curl.. the beautician told me that cos its my first time.. whaha.. my frd did hers in bangkok MBK, rather unnatural.. second time she did it, it look better.. but her lashes are thick and long, while mine are shorter and not as thick..

Any one done eyelash extension?

Did anyone of u get ur brows trimmed by Steven Lim before?! haha..

beldry

hey noscon..

hmm..i havent heard of the 'The Mines Resort City'...it's oso a shopping mall?

hey ahxue..

i was thinking of eyebrow extension too.. coz mine are oso short..but i've heard tt the real eyelashes will drop with the fake eyelashes..and the glue tt they use can be quite toxic..hmm im not sure yet..

maybe you might like to read this?

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/1151/115301.html?1158297265

hehe..aiyoh steven lim? noooo..so paiseh..keke...

joxue

haha hi ambush, i tot of extension too. But then u have to take extra care not to rub ur eyes else the lashes will drop off and u have to redo it every now and then.. a bit "lei chey"

my sis's frd had her brows trimmed by him before.. he can do it while u r standing.. but then i dun think i like to try too keke

noscon

ahxue

i never tried threading...how is it? how much? Cos right now i pluck my facial hair using a tweezer.. whats the diff?
happy.gif

i trimmed my eye brow n do eyelash perming at a small shop in orchard plaza... i quite please with her workmanship n she has many clients but i think she pull my skin(sensitive eye skin what) too hard n scared if long term, i kana grow old faster heehee

my eyelash perm is quite satisfactory... it is actually not obvious when u feel it from front(yr eye just look a bit bigger) but from sideview its quite early... hmmm to me i prob will not perm it again though its done quite well... i prob tried extension but what is that? I still a bit blur cos i dunno how it looks... anyone got pic to post?

never trimmed by steven lim... who is him?

noscon

ambush

i also dunno where that place is...i only know that their something like IDA department is there... i need to go there for an exam n wants to find out if its far from the city central....

when r u gg to view your photos? When u collect yours, then we email each other our photos or something cos i dun have a wedding website
happy.gif

joxue

hi noscon, i never tried threading before but i heard its good for remving facial hair.. u know pple in the past they "weave" thread across ur face and... haha dun know how to describe..

for eyelash extension they will place fake lashes onto ur upper eye lid.. its like weaing fake eyelashes except that this one can las abt 2 mths or so.. dependin on how u take care of them.. but no more mascara needed.. process takes an hr i heard.. i m always envious of gals with thick long fluttery eyelashes.. keke

steven lim ar? haha.. he participated in quite a number of contests held by mediacorp. think may be able to find him in youtube..

noscon

yeah i seen threading in action on tv but i always wonder whether it is painful or not... also how effective it is compared to plucking...
happy.gif

yeah i know from a beautian that eyelash extension is "damaging" to eyelash n can only be done 1 extension to 1 eyelash so if u have sparse eyelashes, it will still look sparse... have you seen any friends with it? i've seen my cousin have it done n it look fake to me... maybe its only hers.. i dont really notice pple having it on the street.. maybe i not observant..
happy.gif

MERRY XMAS!

beldry

hey ahxue..

yalor.. i was very tempted to do it..but tot its very 'lei chey' to have to do the touch-ups once you see all the lobangs.. and if its not done properly.. it might look a bit too drama.. coz my eyes arent very big..so cant really take super long lashes.. tsk..

hey noscon..

you are taking the exam at KL? wow.. what exam is tt? im viewing them next fri.. but took some candid shots at the bs too.. really regretted not asking a frd along..arghs.. one of my frds said she was free tt day.. can realy do with one more frd around though..

i've seen a friend did hers..and my SIL.. both look nice..though my SIL didn't really want to re-do hers again.. coz she said her lashes have been coming off..and she doesn't like having to go thru the hassle of re-touching.. but the friend who did hers looks good with her new lashes.. me too..i oso dont really notice many ppl having it..

gee i think eyelash extension seems rather controversial..

beldry

merry x'mas ladies! =)

one of my best gifts this christmas is knowing some of you nice ladies from the forum..=)

noscon

ambush n ladies

so nice to hear that from you! It is really nice to have friends on the net n be able to chat freely about anything!! *hugz hugz*

ambush
It's a IT security exam called CISSP. I need to study for 9mths for it intensively cos its a tough exam. A bit scared...

why do you need another friend to go with you?I scared my friend very bored there so never ask anyone

Does the lashes look fake? cos to me, my cousin obviously got do something to eat n its too obvious to be just eyelash perm so i guess its extension but it look like not real to me...that's why i not interested to do plus the eyelash dropping.... but im sure on some pple it will do nice

Ladies
how are all of you celebrating new yr? eg on new yr or new yr eve what are you doing to embrace the new year?

joxue

Hi ambush, noscon and ladies, it has been great knowing u gals too.. its so heart-warming to know that I have u gals ard and to be able to talk abt anything under the sun..
happy.gif

I dun think i wana try eyelash extension. Maybe i will go perm my lashes again.. though mine aint too long.. when i curl my lashes with the eyelash curler i notice that my eyelash often drop.. there was once , when u can notice a "gap" in the middle as a lot of lashes had "disappeared".. hahaha

ambush, my frd tagged along when her brother is taking his PS too.. she uses a digital cam and take some pics for them as well.. But then i do agree with noscon that they may be bored, so i tot of asking my sisters instead..

Hi eunice, merry christmas too!

beldry

hey ladies.. cheers!

noscon..

wow..sounds tough to me..so you have been bz mugging for the exam? nah dun worry..i'm sure you'll do well..

will be having some friends over to my place for lunch on the 30th..i tried the spicy black bean sauce udon with chicken cubes.. not too bad.. i mean the combination..though my culinary skills need a lil more tweaking though.. prob gg ktv on 31st..haha..

ahxue..

orh.. coz my friend actually volunteered..yah initially i didnt want to trouble anyone coz i tot it might seem a bit too much to make my frd go thru the whole ps with me.. but it just so happened that this frd of mine happened to call me on thurs and said she was actually quite bored.. haha.. was looking for ppl to have dinner with.. coz she was not working tt day.. tot with her around, we can take more candid shots..just for the fun of it.. hee..

hey eunice! welcome girl! how abt a lil intro of urself?

joxue

hi ambush thats nice.. I enjoy gatherings with friends as well.. Usually its during a festival that such a chance comes by..

Gals, how do u know that ur FH/BF or HB is The ONE u really want to settle down with, for the rest of ur lives?

joxue

BTW, noscon and ambush do u have msn? maybe we can exchange add and mass chat ..
PM u gals my msn address already, do add me if u feel comfortable with it.
happy.gif

viny

I am 27 this year. Working as admin in gov sector.Attached.Looking for house first then settle the rest. I like reading, surfin net and chatting. Just looking around for wedding things so happen to stumble upon this web site.
Thinking to make more friends here.

noscon

ambush

my new career depend on the cert so i always encourage myself by saying if i want to leave this co, i must study study study!! hahaha

sounds good leh... so you like cooking? you like singing? i cant sing.... you sing mandarin or english songs?

ahxue
yeah sure.... i will add you in n you will know its me... i actually seldom use msn n almost never at work.... but on holidays i may on it...
happy.gif
we will have a good time chatting!!
happy.gif

whats your plan for new yr or new yr eve?

noscon

opps just notice that eunice n ivy are the same person!!!
happy.gif
Anyhow... Icy still welcome u lor...
happy.gif

icy, so how has xmas been n what r ur plans for new yr or new yreve?

bunnyz

Hello ladies
happy.gif

Hope all of u enjoyed the long weekend!!!
waiting for this weekend...

wow been busy here over the last few days
happy.gif

wasn't feeling well (down with flu and core throat) and some more with the gatherings with few groups of frens..i slept with whatever extra free time I had.

New year's eve will be down at sentosa.
My mum managed to book a chalet there.
Originally planning a bbq, but judging fromt he weather last few days, mostly likely potluck with my close pri, sec and other frens
happy.gif

bunnyz

Hmm...eyelash extension...never thought of it.
only did perming before once..feels a bit funny but nice !

Noscon : I'm sure u will get good results! yeah good way to motivate urself. was reading a book yeaterday, why certain people do certain things, pain or pleasure is always linked to the reason.

Welcome Icy
happy.gif

which part of singapore are u from?
happy.gif

ambush: do u cook often? udon with chicken counds yummy ...

Ahxue : not that I forget my moisturiser..I purposely dun do it at times when I am so tired

bunnyz

ahxue

Well for me and hb, everything happened at lightning speed from the time we met to our ROM. By the 3rd month when we were together, we made a verbal commitment to each other, cos his mum was thinking of arranging a marriage for him that time..hahaha
long story...but anyway...I also realised our values are similar and we share similar visions for our future and he also exactly fitted every criteria/vision which I had of my future hb when I was a teenager
happy.gif

How about u gals?

viny

Hello gals!
Caroline: I am from the central of Sg.Nearst Boon Keng Mrt.U?
Noscon: My Xmas not very happening.Mostly at home. Cos i juz went for extraction of wisdom tooth last thur. Cannot do much things. No choice cos it been giving me pros these few mths so have to go for the op asap.
New year eve no plans yet. Maybe my bf and I go out and have a feast. This Sat I going to remove my stitches after work.My friends are mostly attached or married. Last time always they always organised chalet then we countdown together.This year dun think so leh.
Ah xue:My bf and mi think the same.But I think you will have the feeling if he is the rite man to settle wif if he is the rite one.
When you gals often online huh? at nite?Mi usually at nite or daytime when i am off or on leave.

viny

Sorry huh! I kept changing nick. Cal mi eunice can liao. hehe. U all very friendly lot. I go other forum ppl not so friendly. Guess i made the rite choice to come in.=)

bunnyz

Hi Eunice

I am online mainly morning to afternoon on normal weekdays..depending on my schedule for the day cos I dont really have a fixed time for my work..I 'm from the West
happy.gif
bt panj

oh gosh..the wound from wisdom tooth will take a while to heal..at least 2-4 wks.
rem to keep the area as clean as possible..i.e to rinse after eating...rinse with warm salt water for the whole of this week till sat(morning and night)
I suppose u have whole week off to heal .

Yeah I also think the gals here are friendly
happy.gif

noscon

caroline

i also stay in bt panj. which block or area?
happy.gif
so you like staying in bt panj?

yeah thanks for the encouragement i will study as hard as i can right now studying...

yeah i read somewhere that for pple who have a shorter courtship, sometimes its because they found the values they were looking for in the other person eg kindness, loving, patience which really helps them to make the choice faster
happy.gif
Mine wasnt very long too... we decided to get rom after 10months of courtship but we were friends for 4 years before that and colleagues for 1 yr before that.
happy.gif

noscon

eunice

i think the gals here r friendly n easy gg too... just out to find some frens to chit chat n talk about nothing...

my xmas was boring too.... i was suppose to attend a church xmas gathering but could not make it in the last min as i need to bring my niece for tuition... anyhow my new year will be spent in a hotel for 1 night stay n eating bbq seafood!! One of our fav thing to do...
happy.gif
I guess as a part of a couple thing, we may end up doing very similar things after a while. Eating bbq seafood is what my hubby n i like to do. What about you? Any routine stuff u guys like to do?
happy.gif