Frds wanted

bunnyz

Hi WEndy..YEah we share the same birthday but I'm a yr older .
happy.gif

Had ur AD already?
I'm staying with my parents now together with my hb..so not too bad lah, also nearer to all my students..parents in law stayin in another country keke

Ambush..I had my AD on 21/6/06 and ps done early in MAr this year.
But at least Ambush u are younger than me so dun say u are getting old :p

bunnyz

Hi Ahxue

wow....I cant keep my eyes open once after 12 plus at nite lor...and can barely wake up when my hb wakes me up at 6 plus sometimes to go to the gym...

Ur students are so cute..I once had ths korean student telling me about boxers and gals hehehe
26 is not too old to learn..I once had this father (more than 30 yrs old) also learning..and he's learning quite well actually but he is very disciplined. Where does ur fren stay?

U are into fengshui? I just learnt more about this animal tianlu recently as well last month.

joxue

hi ambush and caroline, he never did win her heart. In fact the girl doesnt want to speak to him anymore. haha.. so sad right? He even asked if I can call her up for him. He called and the mum warned him not to call again. He was very listless and kept sighing all the time.. he kept on "niaming" that he is so vexed, no mood for anything.. Really cmi! haha

wah, caroline u wake up so early to go to the gym?! Haha.. take my hat off you.. my friend stays in Jurong East, but then she has no piano at home. Do u give lessons at home? If there are 2 of them, do they have the lesson together or? I just happened to come across the website.. keke but then so far the horoscope I read for monkey for yr 2007 seems to be very good. Be it career or love or $$$ haha we going to "huat" le..

Hi noscon, 29 aint too old.. Heart must always stay young.. Looks too..So we must do more shopping to make ourselves pretty.. keke. U have kids?

miztylady

Hi Ambush & Caroline, i understand what you meant by that statement. My bro's children, 3 girls, are always very getting into trouble. Put at least 2 of them together and they are like monkeys, jumping here and there :)

I just had my AD on 29/10/06 and came back from honeymoon in mid-nov. really missed the honeymoon period, sigh. now busy with work liao.. year end sales target & prepare for annual sales meeting. The pro side of being teachers is the long holidays, so envy of it.. but dun think i have the material to be teacher: impatient. I tried pte tuitor once, then cannot tahan liao.

hi, noscon, welcome! wat other sprees do you participate?

Ah xue, what did you read about the year for monkey? share leh.. ;-)

beldry

hey ahxue..haha aiyoh hes so funny.. faint heart never won the fair lady.. haha but i guess for his case its a case of an overzealous heart.. so cute..

hey wendy.. wow.. congrats! bet u must had loads of fun on ur AD yah.. there were times when i really wished my AD is over and done with..yet there were times when i was so looking forward to it and relishing in the prep.. but mine is still ard 6 more mths to go...so long.. where did u go for honeymoon?

hi noscon! hmm ive never been on s spree..but think shld be fun to join one.. shopping is fun in any form.. haha..

miztylady

hi ambush,
yes, when preparing for AD, just wanna get over with. but its fun on that day. jus make sure you assign all tasks to your sisters and brothers without a worry for that day. You are the star of your big day. went for my honeymoon a few days later after AD to central europe, 2 weeks. time flies when u r enjoying yerselves. have check out for your honeymoon yet?

beldry

hey wendy..yah.. i agree..im going to have a retro theme for my wedding.. haha and then getting my friends to perform..a guy friend to sing and 2 other gfs to be the backup singers ala gao ling feng.. meeting up with all of them at my plc to delegate jobs..

wow! im also going to europe! sounds fun girl! was it free and easy or did you book a tour package?

noscon

ah xue

i have no kids. what abt u? Are u married or getting married? sorry i forgot though i read the thread once....

wendy
I participated in drugstore spree too.... I think some items are cheaper like perfumes overseas even with the shipping charges, somemore some of the pple organising the sprees sometimes have discounts like 10-20% so not bad.... I used some beauty products not avail in spore so gotta get it overseas too...

How abt you? You do sprees too?
Where did u go for HM? So you teach in sec, jc or pri?

ambush
which countries are u visiting? can i ask where is yr ad venue n date?

miztylady

hi ambush,
so everyone has to wear retro outfits to your wedding? no retro, no entry :)
Europe trip was package tour, with chan bros. If first trip to europe and want to visit a few countries (I visited 9 countries) within a period (2 weeks), better go by package as accommodation and transport is cheaper. Of cos, you will be going with other 40ppl and need to get up early for coaching. but also no need to worry about anything. when you going? it was cold (5-15 deg) when I went there in early nov. 5pm already dark.which part of europe for you?

hi,noscon,
for perfumes, i think strawberry.net is another place that you can try, as my sis buys from there. you can compare the prices as well.
Till now, the only stuff i buy online is sexy lingerie. i think prices is reasonable after conversion from USD & freight cost as there is a shop at suntec which sells them much higher (~$30-50 more).
did you ask me abt teaching? or ambush? cos i'm in sales.

beldry

hey girls..

hi noscon..hmm im having my AD on 1st july 2007..the venue is at novotel.. hmm kinda regretted signing up with them coz heard some negative reviews from some of the girls..but i guess its really what you pay and whay you get..haha keeping my fingers crossed..

hmm..im very into travelling and photography..but not exactly very good at it though.. haha just love looking for lotsa shutter happy moments.. im thinking of visiting western europe..like england, paris, italy..holland.. think 9 is goood..like wendy..yah agree with you..coz my friend was telling if i were to travel F and E, gotta lug the luggage everywhere we go..and very troublesome.. actually i wanted very much to travel with contiki.. but then tot its not so ideal for honeymoons.. haha it might be fun if im going with a bunch of siao gfs instead keke.. hope to visit eastern europe too..

oh yah not me wendy.. must be noscon hehe..

hi lyesha!! happy thursday! sorry girls..my posts have been looking like essays.. haha coz im shamelessly enjoying my holydays now..keke..so quite free..oops..

beldry

oh yah wendy..forgot to reply to the one on retro..haha no lah..was thinking of adding a dose of retro on my wedding night..my sisters and mum will be wearing retro stuff.. haha i like all things retro and 50's-70's.. i even asked my mum if she had could pass me the clothes and accessories she had when she was younger.. haha but she only kept the 80's clothes which i felt were too loud.. shoulder pads and everything.. haha

joxue

Wendy as per request horoscope for monkey in yr 2007.
happy.gif
If u wana read everything in full its at this site: http://www.tianlufengshui.com/forecast-for-monkey.html

There are more "Lucky" Stars and very little "Disastrous" ones with you this year. Thus, be prepared to reap good fortunes throughout the year. There will also be great advancements in career, accompanied with good incentives and great income along the way. However, do not be carried away or be too proud of these successes or you will invite lots of "Xiao Ren" who will plot against you because they are jealous of your success. This is a good year for investment and business ventures too.

There will also be a good improvement in love life and for singles; this is the year that you would look forward to meeting your loved ones. For those who are married, you may need to be wary of "third party" intrusion into your life. Stay focused and weigh the pros and cons carefully and you will know what is best for you.

hi noscon, me have no kid, getting married next year in july. noscon what beauty prdts are u using? Can share?

hi lyesha!

bunnyz

wah posts moving fast...cant catch up..
will add u ambush another day..no time for msn today.. just stealing my break now

Hi everyone!

Lyesha : what are u doing now? like working...etc more details of yourself
happy.gif

Wendy : nice honeymoon..cant u believe it me and hb have not gone for ours yet! after our wedding we just want to rest at home...cos we had some overseas relatives who came a week earlier and they only left like few days after our wedding..

bunnyz

Noscon : did not do much online spree ...only joined one before actually..the birkinstock ones..btw ladies any good skincare to share? Intend to change my range of products after I finished them

recently just bought some books on amazon tog with hb..that's about all my online and not forgetting checking the market place heeee

noscon

Wendy

yeah I surfed Strawberry.net sometimes... hmm.. I think some of the perfumes I want cant be found there so didnt buy from there...
happy.gif
But its quite a huge site...

So you shop at VS? I usu buy from there... The material for lingerie is quite ok but dun buy their clothes. I think their clothes(not lingerie) material not very ideal...
happy.gif
I bought several times from there...

ambush
Novotel orchid? Sorry not very sure where is novotel.... negative remarks like what? But what do you like ab it?
happy.gif

photography... seldom hear girls like it... But its a fantastic hobby... I would take it up if I have a lot of interest in it....
happy.gif

ahxue
Can.... I'm into "beauty research" this year... Surprisingly I read up more stuff on how to take care and improve face stuff... maybe growing older and trying to cling on to youth hahaha

Hmm... you want makeup or skin care or beauty treatments?

Caroline
You want skincare products?
My recommendations:
1) Mask :Rose Mask from Fresh inc
2) Moisturiser: La Mer
3) Makeup remover: Fancl Cleansing oil
4) Eye: Mary kay eye gel

Makeup
1) Eye liner: Bobbi Brown gel eye liner

I'm telling you some of the most recommended/popular products around but some can be quite exp. Some I use, some I dont

noscon

Caroline

What range have you been using? Can share your reviews?

Right now im using Bobbi Brown makeup. Previously I was using MAC.

beldry

hey girls..good thursday!

hey caroline..nah no prob! chat with you soon!

hey noscon.. having my AD venue at novotel clarke quay.. haiz if only i can hold mine at merchant court..it's just opposite.. but now tt my hubby is furthering his studies full-time, he's living on an allowance.. money is not good.. haha my friends were telling me its creativity vs financial constraints at the moment.. so im really trying to tap on their support to make the event more va va voom on a skinny budget.. keeping my fingers crossed..

oh yah negative remarks at novotel..mainly the food and service.. but then again..im trying to make the best out of what we have..

wow.. thanks for the recommendations yah.. think its high time i learn the art of make-up too.. havent been adventurous though i lovveee accessorizing.. i'm a colour person..

k my resolution for 2007.. learn the art and science of make-up...followed by cooking.. haha but first i need to learn to have more discipline.. back to you girls!

beldry

hey what are your new yr resolutions ladies? haha kinda boliaoz..coz i usually dun follow them.. can ignore my question..

bunnyz

HI Noscon

currently using SKII range of skincare products
which I think is not really suitable for my skin..but only use like 2 months.was thinking of switching to dermatologicial products actually..see how

WHere do u get the brand "Fresh Inc" ?

Makeup:I seldom use..very lazy one me...heee

bunnyz

Hey Ahxue

Will email u a bit later abt my rates..cos also not sure whether I have time next year a not...and schedule is due to change as well due to the new year.

Trying to be healthier now..like what noscon said..once u realise ur age number is never getting any smaller..u will try all ways and means to prevent ageing....esp once u are approaching the 3... but getting lazy this month..cant wake up as early so often

Well my new year resolutions..many actually..hehe main ones are
extra income by working from home, improve my physical body and mental mind...to read at least 2 books a month

noscon

ambush

so you are learning to be "good wife material"?
happy.gif
hmm... i think as long as your wedding is special to you and you make the best of what you have, that is good enough.... When I got married, I did not bother to renovate my flat cos no $$ but I dont really care what others think....
happy.gif
As long as we are happy, thats most important...

My new yr resolution is to pass an exam I have been waiting to pass and if possible, make a baby... But due to my health conditions, it might be quite hard... *keeping fingers crossed* haha

Caroline
SK2 is pretty good too... I have used it for some time too.. esp during my wedding period. I esp love the masks. Their masks really work. But nowadays got fakes so have to buy direct from counter... Dun even trust sasa..... i was using sk2 before I switched to fresh. But I still have a few sk2 masks for VIP occasions like wedding dinner in case i need double boosting!
happy.gif

Fresh is not avail in spore. I got it via www.drugstore.com or can buy overseas in hk or US or some other countries
happy.gif
It cost US$55 for 1 bottle that will lasts several months. It has dried rose petals in it and feels quite good.

Caroline, sorry eh if u r repeating this. But what sales are you doing? Cos you mentioned u work from home...

beldry

hey girls..

yah..caroline, talking abt preventing ageing.. can totally agree with u.. age really catches up soooo very quickly.. esp once we hit 25..i now have eye bags when i smile..tsktsk.. been trying loads of age-defying stuff.. wanna grow old gracefully..

noscon.. hehe suddenly feel very inspired..but then again.. judging from my lack of cooking talent and clumsy fingers.. i worry when my interest in cooking will fizzle off.. keke.. watching people cooking is more fun..

oh yah and hope to visit europe by end of the year.. how i wish i can pack my luggage and go off on a holiday soon..

happy weekend ladies!

bunnyz

Hey Noscon

Well I read from somewhere that SKII has some ingredients which are acidic(smthg like that) which will cause our skin to become more sensitive after loing term usage , and that's after I bought the products...haiz

Does "fresh" use natural ingredients?
Thanks for the website!
happy.gif

I'm not a sales person....sad to say... i teach piano..just that one of my new year resolution is to earn some money by working from home..but that's not sales
happy.gif

I have not even used any of the anti ageing product...too sensitive for my skin now i was told..Anyway i'm going by the more traditional and hard way of exercising, havin a better diet, vitamins , yoga etc whatever will help my body in a more natural way, at the same time preparing my body for a baby ...heee

bunnyz

btw noscon u mentioned preparing for a baby..
and also not sure of your health conditions..
I was told it's good to have strong abdominals and back ..so if u have weak back ...good to start working on it...and improve abds too

Will help during pregnancy...
happy.gif

Also can start looking at your diet perhaps and alter them to help your body become stronger

I agree with you ambush...watching people cook is more fun..hee hee..btw my hb can cook better than me *gulps*

joxue

hi gals, my internet was down for the past few days..

Caroline, np. I will check with my frd again to see if she has found anything else..

Ambush and caroline, i beg to differ.. I think eating is even more fun than watching pple cook.. haha.. My Fh can cook a lot better than me too.. Last time I tried, I burnt vegetables.. haix.. I think i have no patience waiting for the oil to heat up. I have no idea when is the temp just right.. I surrender and rather do washing up..

I do agree with caroline that the best way to have good health and skin is to take note of diet, work out and drink plenty of water.. Will shine from within.. i seen some girls who have fair and radiant skin.. very envious..

By the way , has any one of u use scented powder ( 2 way cake ) before? Is it true that liquid foundation is better n that it doesnt clog pores as much as powder does?

noscon

Caroline

My health problem is endotremesis, fibroids, cysts n a retroverted uterus so not so straight forward... but i will try my best!!
happy.gif
I am also taking some vitamins for pregnancy...

How about you? How long have you been trying? Do you go by the basal temperature and ovulation stuff? Maybe you can share what vitamins or how you watch your diet?

Yes. Fresh is natural i think... i think the french people are tune towards natural ingredients..
happy.gif
I didnt know abt the acid thing from sk2....opps. used that for 1 yr or so,... hope no damage done..

noscon

ahxue

i also envious of radiant skin so right now im taking tense up.... cos the skin looks brighten and fairer...

i am using a 2way cake from MAC. not sure about the scented part but i think mine dont have scent one...
I am not too sure abt the clogged pores but i too lazy to use liquid one cos in the morning for makeup i like chop chop. Are you buying makeup presently?

joxue

hi noscon, I have PCOS , which i think shdnt be too unfamiliar to you. My frd was diagnosed with endotremesis too. Are u currently on medication? I went to a chinese physician last year and she advised me not to have any family planning and to try to have a kid as soon as possible if i want one..

Must eat healthily, nothing too hot or sour. no cold drinks she told me.. hard to supress..and ashamed to say I have failed to discipline myself.
sad.gif

I am not buying any new make up.. I just heard from my friend abt the rose scented powder (from Korea) she saw in hereens.. I used to buy from clinque but I am using Loreal now after recommendation from my frd.

miztylady

hi girls,
real busy last couple of days! lots of weddings.. this month had already attended 3 weddings.. 3 more to go for the next 1 month..

hi, noscon,
nope, i have not buy anything from VS yet.. instead i found good selection and affordable lingerie from www.henryandjune.com. you can take a look at this website.

talking abt skin care, i have been using this evans vitamin c serum for 3 months, and face freckles has lighten. Was intending to go for doc's laser treatment this mth, but see that my freckles has improved, will keep using the serum first and see how.

I think my new year resolution is also to learn cooking at my new home, which comes equipped with oven. The best person to start with cooking is from my mom, hehe with those soup recipes first. Luckily my mom stays near my place.

Since i went for the doc's patch test, I am allergy to this ingredient called parabens (and also to leather). this is a preservative that is used to preserve fats and oils in cosmetics. so have to make sure that skin products does not contain this ingredient, which often do. Shld have went for such patch test when young, then no need to waste so much $$ on products, cos have sensitive skin. now using avene products found in guardian. the most difficult product to find without this ingredient is sunblock, which must also be oil free. But managed to find one that does not contain such ingredient, SPF50+ and oil free from estee lauder. Good serum+sunblock=lighten freckles :)

its late, going to sleep now. talk to u girls again!

noscon

ah xue

whats pcos? I have always wanted to know cos i see many pple has it too. yeah my physician advised me to have kid asap....
happy.gif
But i doubt so cos i got another condition which i do not want to reveal... that is not so easy to cure...

im not on med.... ive seen many chinese physician before but now i give up. I've been seeing them for abt 10yrs liao for mense pain n endotremesis..most advised preg recently...

mine told me not to eat cold drinks n chicken. something about the hormones that was injected into them n might get into our bodies n cause us to have more hormones imbalance etc...

so you like loreal? I like their concealer... been using it for many yrs

noscon

wendy

thanks for the link....

good ah... serum can remove freckles... which doc were u intending to go cos i just went for a IPL treatment .... was intending to go for laser for some acne pits...

miztylady

hi noscon,
this doc is recommended by another person from Singapore Brides as well. At Paragon, $200 (discounted price) per treatment. Depending on each individual, u may only need one treatment to remove the freckles. If you interested, I give you the contacts as well.. :)

noscon

is it dr chan? I went to him for IPL. He gives special discount for SB members but i think its like a advertising gimmick...(I dont mean it in a bad way)

noscon

yap,...some will drop off... but i think only for freckles... the rest prob will have to go for laser...

but he is a friendly doc...
happy.gif

joxue

Hi noscon, PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. A lot of women have been diganosed with it.. I been to one chinese pysician at Jurong.. There was a few couples who managed to conceive successfully... anyway i think best is to stay happy and live healthily.. and leave the rest to nature..
happy.gif

I am using Loreal Air Wear. It has only light coverage but allows skin to breathe under the powder.. dun know how true is it.. keke but then so far i think is alright.. actually i do not notice a diff in most of the prdts i use. be it clinque, loreal, estee lauder..no idea why also.

Wendy does the doc has any treatment to minimise pores? Or to lighten spots?

bunnyz

Hi Noscon

Have you gone to this chinese physician In juro east before? Itz a lady physician. Very famous one I heard.
My fren has cysts problems, supposed to go for op. BUt after taking med from her for 3 months..no need op already. She only sees 100 people in a day. Apparantly need go as early as 5 plus to queue to get number.

No la...have not started trying for babies..just gettin my body ready first..will start early-mid next year. *keeping my fingers cross* heeee

vitamins : I take multivit, calcium tablets, Vit C, evening primrose, royal jelly everyday.

Diet : oats/fruit or veg juice for breakfast, as many whole grain foods as possible everyday (like unpolished rice, whole wheat bread), fruits
of cos I still have my choco/ice cream/chips once a week heeehee

Exercise : 3 hours yoga weekly, 2-3 hours on gym work ...any of u doin yoga?
happy.gif

went to see fengshui master lately...also told me to have baby asap....dun wait already
my dad also hinting me to have babies asap.

Most importantly u have to maintain positivity which I believe noscon u have a lot
happy.gif

Just read this book about optimum nutrition which mentioned stress will speed up the ageing process...

bunnyz

Wah ladies

U gals haveso much knowledge about skincare..

I feel that I'm so lazy..just maintaining my basic skincare full stop.

btw What brand of sun block u gals use?
I'm currently using this waterbased one "sunkiller" can be bought at watsons/guardian
not too bad...

No probs Ahxue abt the piano thing..when I have my avail time...then I let u know again...no obligations

Also I find that liquid make-up is harder to clean compared to the powdered one...
is it normal?

joxue

Caroline, if i am not wrong the physcian u mentioned is Chen Li zhi.. she opens at abt 6.30am.. I ever waited for almost 3 hrs to see her.. She is the one i am refering to..
happy.gif

wah U have a very healthy lifestyle!i been eating lots of junk food. chocolates, tibits etc..

Let's stay positive and try to lead a healthy life.. we shd look up to caroline!
happy.gif

joxue

I think i am a green horn at skin care too.. keke

I wanted to use pore tightening serum.. but then i have no idea if i shd use skip my moisturizer or to apply on top of it?? Anyone tried anything from The Face Shop or Missha?

I dun really use sunblock. i am using whitening lotion instead with SPF 18. Trying to wear long sleeves to prevent myself from getting dark.

Do u all use facial scrubs? Looks like in order to keep our skin in good condition is a lot of work...

noscon

caroline

yeah yeah been there several times... those days i have to get up like 5am in the morning so that I can reach there before 7am to get a faster queue no... very tough....

Also all my aunt n mom who went..she always said that we have crooked nose... first thing she do is to check your nose... i find that very funny... she also introduced me to do a checkup with Christopher smthg... very exp n all her nurses wear super short mini skirts... The little checkup is like over $200.... wow... other gynae i went r cheaper..

Anyway she told me she got no cure for me... so just ask me to avoid certain food n get preg... As for cysts, I went to a western doc, he gave me some med n my cyst also disappear so i think maybe removing cysts is easier to cure?
happy.gif

You take quite a lot of vitamins very disciplined girl eh...
happy.gif
me i take this vitamin to prevent baby deformalities. Have to take several months before pregnancy.. think is called forid(not sure spelling) acid.

what book?

noscon

ah xue

so you been to the christopher "something" clinic that this chinese phy always recommend? Are you cured by this chinese phy?

i wear sunblock from loreal spf50.

I only tried masks from TheFaceshop so cant advise you much...

I wear scrubs from neutrogena but only once a week...

bunnyz

Hey Noscon

I think u mean folic acid..
happy.gif

oh that can be taken before pregnancy? I tot is only during pregnancy..

So get pregnant asap lor..heee heee...

No lah...not disciplined enough...but trying my best lor..juz started all these vitamins 2 months ago only. hated pills last time..
Jus got this book by Patrick Holford "Optimum Nutrition Bible"
Just that some stuff he said does make sense ..
if u are free..can try lookin for it in the library.

joxue

Hi noscon, my friend was recommended by her to Gleneagles, to visit Christopher too! I accompained my friend there. We got a shock when we see the bill. We knew that he would be ex but we never expect him to be so ex.. Her fees came up to a total of 400 plus! She just did a scan with check up.. she visited him now and then but every visit cost her a lot and she dun see improvement so she stop completely. Went back to li zhi, took her med.. but like me she wasnt too disciplined..

She intro me to a gynae, at tiong bahru. Went for a scan with another friend whom also visited li zhi. The scan itself without any medication cost us abt 120 or 140. My sis told me that its considered ex compared to other gynae.

All along i had gastric probs but li zhi told me that its the cysts that cause the pain that i had.. funny thing is after i seen her, i seldom have gastric. I didnt want to rely on her medication too much so i stopped.. I also dun know if i am considered normal.. haha..

My frd recommended me to this zhong hua clinic. She said its cheap n effective. But u got to be willing to queue n wait. Thinking of visiting the clinic.

joxue

I was worried that i couldnt get pregnant too.. cos my ovulation is kinda hard to predict.. Anyway i have come to terms with it.. I guess after my marriage i will just try my best.. keke work harder.. seek help if necessary.. if all fails then i just keep a pet.. save the money to travel.. keke.. I spoken to my Fh about it and he just told me to let nature take its course..

When i was at the clinic i also met a woman who told me her story. She had a hard time getting pregnant but then eventually she did.. Just that she take a longer time and went through a more tedious process.. so we must always stay positive! good luck to us
happy.gif
happy.gif