Frds wanted

joxue

Hi gals,

Just wan to know more frds to chat, share shopping sprees, talk about anything under the sun.

Self intro: 26 this year, Leo. enjoys shopping, esp for shoes and bags. Likes to read, doesnt know how to cook but is trying to learn..i love roses. So i like to shop for rose rings, hair clips, earrings.. etc..

butterkiss

Hi ahxue,

Seems like our liking is almost similar. =)
I am 27, going 28 in 2 month's time. =(
I also love shopping... and... I also can't cook (glad I am not alone)... haha...

Are you married?

joxue

Hi butterkiss,

Keke.. glad to find someone who share the same interests! I am getting married next year in july. What about you?

My Future mother-in-law has been hinting me.. "learn from me while i am still around..." Even my future father-in-law also.. he was telling me " learn from her so that one day she is gone, u can cook for us".. very stress..

butterkiss

Hi ahxue,

I am already married... last year, September. =)

Oh.... luckily my in-laws never give me this kind of stress... my MIL also seldom cook coz most of the times, we go back home late.

So, which hotel are you with? And which BS? =)

joxue

keke.. that's cool.. then i can "tou shi" from you.. I am a very blur BTB.

I did not choose a hotel. My venue is at Raffles Country Club. Wanted to do solemnisation at the foyer which will oversee the lake.

My future sis-in-law has a friend who used to be with a BS and is now striking on his own. So i signed up with him. He did her gowns when she married last year Dec. For my WG n EG he will MTM for me.

What colour did u choose for ur EG? He was suggesting me to take very bright colours like shocking pink, bright green.. Initially i was thinking of pastel colours..However he says that will not be "dramatic" I cant seem to see eye to eye with him on certain matters though..

I am going for my first fitting this coming Sunday. Still surfing the net for ideas on my EG.

butterkiss

Oh... I hope I can be of some help to you. =)
Need to refresh my memory a bit...

Wow... very romantic!! oversee the lake... doing in the evening? Best will have sunset. =)

Oh.. so you will get your own photographer for ur studio and outdoor shoots? Good to have pple recomend...

Yes... don't choose light colours! You won't be able to stand out... esp during table photo taking time. My EG was blue...

What type of WG u have in mind? Bustier? Halter neck? So exciting... I wish I can go through this stage again... hee hee...

joxue

keke by the way hor butterkiss, there is a taiwan bag spree going on in the forum

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/194/421044.html?1162969460

See if u are keen. i am getting a bag for my sis.

The photographers will be provided for the PS. For the AD, my fh is getting his cousin to do it. The one that his sis engaged.. took more pics of the guests who have lots of clevage than the family, relatives.. he even took pic with one of the sexily dressed guests.. *faints*

I am choosing bustier for both WG and EG keke..cos halter neck doesnt suit me.. what abt urs?

siewjingbao

yoi gals,

wowow..everyone is talking about wedding..stuff
can i come in kpo a bit....:p...well i have no plans to get married yet..although i have a partner at this moment
going 27 end of the month liao..

got time..come out for dinner or kopi
happy.gif

drop me email at [email protected]

happy.gif

hope to hear from you gals soon

beldry

hey girls! haha chanced by this link.. long time since ive popped into the forum.. hey dimpy!! happy to c u here! me justt got back from cambodia..now super tanned..tsktsk..

im 25 this yr..going 26.. im having my AD next july.. doing my ps this dec..so super excited.. and i loveeee shopping!! keke..

catch u girls around!

joxue

Hi ambush.. me going to have my Ad next July too.. Nice to meet u here.. Maybe we all can share/exchange ideas..

beldry

hey ah xue! oh yah..i reread some of ur earlier posts here.. hey realised u are doing ur ps soon right? me too!! hehe.. i went to try out my gown last monday.. got a bustier for my WG.. and a light blue EG with a V-neckline..

but i've chosen a red EG and an ivory EG for the PS.. initially i was not very keen on red.. coz i worry it might seem too loud..but the effect was diff from how i had imagined.. i sneaked my trusty camera into the changing room and took a few snapshots of the WG and EG..and it was the red EG tt most of my frds complimented on..haha..

yah..i agree its good to have some bright colours for the ps.. something dramatic is nice.. haha esp coz it's our big day..keke.. yeah! we'll have lotsa fun discussing abt wedding preps!

bunnyz

hi ladies can I join too?

Hi Ahxue..seems like our interests are quite similar except I dun shop that much now..but once I spend, i can spend a lot..leo here too..enjoy reading a lot, cant cook , AD in June this year .. 27 yrs old

I love mahjong and gym as well.
Anyone into gym here?
happy.gif

Cheers
Carol

joxue

Hi gals, keke so nice to know that there are so many of us here who share the same interests. And that we have one another to share/exchange tips/ideas..

Ambush i tot of red too, but then red is really more flattering on girls who are fairer.. i aint too fair. My friend said it look funny on me.. haha.. I chose turquoise green and champagne gold for my EG. Out of which i will choose one to wear on actual day.I will only be having my PS in feb. Next time we share our pics ya keke..

Hi Caroline, I do go gym but then not frequent.haha.. too lazy.. I love mahjong too though i am not very gd in it. Now i dun really dare to go shopping too often also.. All the bags, shoes, clothes, accessories are too irresitible.. I feel so bad if I do not bring them home.. keke..

elias29

hihi im new to this thread..

Caroline, which gym do u go? I also started gg gym since almost more than 5 years liao..but these few mths cut down liao..coz my fren busy liao.

im 25 this year. AD is Oct'07. I will be MTM both my EG and WG. So im also currently searching on designs that i like...
happy.gif

elias29

thanks ahxue..but those are european styles..wonder does it suit local taste? and are local designers able to do almost similar designs as them?

i heard some threads saying that MTM might not produce the same gown that u like or it does not look nice on you after finished etc..think it depend on the designer..some even mention that MTM gowns turn out disaster than OTR...sigh. Scary..So when u gg to MTM your gown??

Any one gg holiday during Dec? There's a long break from 23 onwards till 2 Jan..wow!
happy.gif

bunnyz

Hi MM..oh wow..5 yrs. "salute" hehehe
I've jsut started going like few mths ago..to california..mainly bugis..mostly alone for their classes..
How about u?

I had one fren who had MTM gown and in the end she didn't like the result and forfeited her gown! then she managed to rent one OTR somewhere much cheaper..Alas!!

I wish I can go holiday again though..had mine last month already...

joxue

Hi elias, I have run through designs which I fancy with the designer. He remodified them for me as some of them are not suitable. Usually those gowns in the mag/website may fit someone who are taller. But then from there, I just tell him what are the details I like and he will design a gown to my liking. There are too many to choose from and what looks nice on the models may look different on each individual. Its a headache.

Actually I do agree with Carol that sometimes u may not like the end result. Cos u cant visualise the gown or how it will look on u till its all done. You can try the OTR gowns and see which frame will look best on you. Bustier, halter neck, A-line.. etc It may give u a better idea.

For me, the designer, a friend of my fh's sister is starting out his own biz. He doesnt have much collection and I do not like those off the rack he has. So no choice, has do MTM. What my Fh's sis told me, from her past experience with him, was to have him do the gown till its to my liking.

elias29

hi bunnyz, haha, im under the influence of my fren lor..she psycho me to go work out 1 after school lor. No lah, i went clubfitt gym at Clementi branch, now just change to jurong west branch 1 coz its near my home and its new & much bigger!
happy.gif
I heard Cali is ex leh...

Yeah indeed heard alot of bad experiences abt MTM ..hope mine will turn out nice & perfect for me. I see, since u signed up with the designer liao, no choice but to stick to him bah. Just make sure u 2 communicate well. Scully miscommunication abt the design, then jia lat..
Thanks, will roughly get some ideas on type of gowns 1 want
happy.gif

joxue

yeah lor..has to meet up with him and discuss. Meet again to see the colour swatch and such. MTM is indeed more work.so far he has done up the frame of two gowns for me. waiting for him to add the details.

bunnyz

Dun worry la M&M, ur gown will turn out fine.
In fact, my fren's experience was the only bad one I heard with MTM lor..and somemore with a reputable designer ..I also scratched head.

Juro west...is it the one near the swimming pool?
hey if u like or anyone else, u can even come to cali for a week complimentary..I have some 8 day passes..let me know
happy.gif

btw I stay in bt panj.

I was influenced by my hb , he goes gym 4-5 times a week, so i figured I might as well join at least we can have a common thing to do also .

btw when is your AD Ahxue?
u know my chinese name also has a "xue"
happy.gif

joxue

My ad is on 21/7/07.. urs? U stay in bt panjang, very near to me lei.. I stay in teck whye..

My chinese name has no xue..keke i forgot how this nick came by le.. been many years.. but then names with xue sounds sweet. xueling, xueyun..etc

u must be in a very good shape.. I really envy girls with toned arms.. i am considering to take up body sculpting class with my frd.

beldry

hey girls..

wow..the thread is moving fast.. im having my hols now..so quite free hehe.. ive just got back from cambodia.. nice place to go.. and i think that country really humbled me..

i love travelling.. and photography..but im not exactly very good at it..just like to fiddle with the camera and looking for nice shots haha.. me a wannabe photograher..

oh yah..and shopping!! lotsa retail therapy..it burns fats and preserve my soul keke.. but the downside is it burns a big hole in the pocket..

hey girls im staying at cck..but my new home is at sembawang.. hey we stay very near one another huh..

hey ah xue.. i think champagne is a nice colour.. i aint very fair oso.. trying to think if ways to whiten myself before the ps..

hi caroline and MM!

catch u girls around!

miztylady

hi girls,
can i join in? i'm 26 and a leo (same as ah xue)! i just done my AD in end oct, glad that its over. now waiting for our hse at dover to finish reno next mth. i'm a sales engineer, wat r u girls doing? :)

joxue

hi wendy.. when is ur birthday? mine is on 6th aug. keke.. who knows it may fall on the same day.. haha..

ambush i am trying to make myself fairer and slimmer too
sad.gif
i have been eating recently.. I will stay with my in-laws after marriage @ woodlands.. quite near to ur new place too.
happy.gif

bunnyz

hi gals

many leos and west people..hmmm cool!
mine is 15/8 ...
happy.gif

My AD was on 21/6/2006

Same date as urs Ah xue hehehe...

Currently staying with my parents at bt panj.
Waiting for our new home in havelock (but still long time, at least 4 yrs, hv not started building)
Teaching piano full time now..

Are u still studying Ambush?

Not as toned as I want yet, but working on it ...

joxue

keke, caroline mine is going to be on 21/7/07. same day diff mth. I m a full time tutor.. keke.. almost same profession.. just that u teach music and me academic subjects.. pri sch level..

bunnyz

oh cool! Ahxue
Where are u goin to have your AD dinner?

I think basically leos hate to be under restrictions... hehehe

beldry

hey girls..

me a capricorn..hehe..

hey caroline..im teaching.. but im oso giving tuition..hehe moonlight..

so now im having my school hols..so quite free..

bunnyz

oh wow i see ambush..keke..opps tot u are still studying..do u teach sec or pri?

I tried private tuition 6 yrs ago when I was still studying.. can safely say i do prefer music to academic comparing the two.

joxue

Jasmine, hi. I sent u an email last week too.Dint get a reply from you so i tot u were busy.. No idea why the mails kept bouncing back.. did u receive my mails? I will send another one later..

caroline, i am having both my rom and ad on 21/7/07
happy.gif

ambush u are a sch teacher ar? keke.. which sch are u teaching in?

beldry

hey caroline and ahxue..hehe yup.. im teaching at a pri school.. and aft teaching for 2.5 yrs..ive concluded.. children below the age of 10 are still children.. p5 and 6 onwards are monkeys..wah.. but some rather cute monkeys though.. i always like to imagine what my pupils will look like or what they will do when they grow up haha..

hey everafter! yes..i remember you! we were chatting with jazz on keeping fit tt time yah..hehe..long time no c! *waves hands* =)

beldry

oh yah ah xue..heehee..ive grumbled a bit abt school here leh..so gotta keep hush hush..hee..paiseh.. but its a catholic school in the westside..

joxue

keke ambush, no prob. i understand how u feel abt those kids.. some of them can make u feel like pulling ur hair off, but then they can be very sweet at times too.. I used to tutor this pri 5 boy, he will tell me his love probs every now and then.. the questions he asked never failed to amaze and amuse me.. haha..

beldry

hey ahxue..haha looks like the 2 of us cant seem to sleep tonite..ive been surfing around randomly..been sleeping too much in the day..hehe.. now im shamelessly enjoying my holydays keke..

wah..so u became his aunt agony..hehe.. i always find it very amusing when kids talk abt their love life.. i went with on a school trip to shanghai in sept..and was put in charge of some p5 kids.. they were telling me who their crushes were and why they liked this girl or that boy haha..

and this boy even went to buy a souvenir for his crush..and one of the girls volunteered to help him wrap the gift.. haha i was laughing the whole time..

beldry

haha cant wait for tomorrow to go shopping..meanwhile im trying to lull myself to sleeeppp..arghs..cant sleeeep...

bunnyz

wah lucky school teacher ambush..
happy.gif

I still need to teach as usual during the holds...juz stealing some breaks here and there when my students go overseas for hols

Oh sorry ahxue..I must have been asking ambush when is her AD..both your ADs must be close to each other.

children in a group can be a nightmare at times..
hehe.. but have to say children theses days sure are different from our generation.

miztylady

hi,
my birthday is 15/8/80, Caroline you also?
Ah xue, my new place will be at dover (next to singapore poly), dun think is near woodlands..
now busy with contractor. So both of you still living with parents or parents-in-law? Me now with parents-in-law, can't wait to get out next month :)

beldry

hey caroline..hehe so ive got to enjoy these 3 weeks..after tt will be back to the zoo..arghs.. u teaching music right? i've always wanted to play the piano..or violin..but didn't get the chance to learn when i was younger.. think now im a bit too old already.. tsktsk.. but had been fiddling with the thought of picking up courses for adults..haha maybe that will be my next new year resolution..

yah i agree with you..children nowadays are really difficult..they can really be quite a handful..very vocal and definitely less respectful.. so tts why i've always preferred the little ones..at least all their bad habits have yet to form and it's easier to mould them.. the younger the better..oh yah my AD is on 1st July 2oo7..urs? have you had ur photoshoot?

Hi Wendy! =)

miztylady

hi, Ambush!
u work in the zoo? wat do you do? I like the zoo, think next time will apply for membership when have children..

joxue

hi ambush.. i was super shag.. I finally slept at 2 but then woke up at 4plus.. a bit creepy cos i have been waking up at 04 44 for the past two days.. I couldnt sleep after that.. I have been dragging myself from one place to another today.. felt like a zombie..

the boy was amusuing, asked me to help him buy gel at watson cos he wants to style his hair.. ask me if he smells bad a not.. usually i will buy him present on children's day and he asked me if i could buy him something girlish, cute, adorable.. Ha ha..

caroline, my frd wants to learn piano.. she is 26, is it too old? keke.. she was grumbling abt stiff fingers and such. Maybe u can email me ur rates and such and we discuss the details.. keke... [email protected]

my frd and i had wanted to take up dancing.. but then the bones all so stiff liao and i have got two left feet.. haha..

Wendy me will stay with my in-laws after my wedding till i can find a place I like.. having ur own's apartment definitely means more freedom n privacy hor..u can do up the place to ur own liking..

Btw any of u had been to a kelong? can share the experience if any..
happy.gif

beldry

hey wendy..haha no lah..im teaching..but having my holydays now..coz i was telling the girls kids from p5 and p6 onwards are like monkeys..so once school starts, im going back to the zoo..

but actually i tot its oso quite fun working at the zoo.. actually i kinda regretted not trying out more fun things when i was younger.. like go for night cycling, work in the zoo, bungee jump..learn diving..haha gotta make up for lost years now.. but now my priority will have to be the wedding..

yah think next time i will oso do the same thing..apply for zoo membership when i have kids.. tot the night safari is oso quite fun..

hey ahxue..haha ur student is so funny.. in the end did he manage to get the girl of his dreams? think puppy love is always the cutest and sweetest.. haha but i only got to experience love when i was so much older..almost 21.. then after tt came my husband..

hey ive been to kukup..its quite fun.. nice seafood.. nice sunset.. it will be fun if u go with a grp of friends.. and then can chit-chat thru the night..