Four Seasons Hotel

angie

I attended a D&D at Four Seasons and was quite impressed. Does anyone have any experience with Four Seasons?

biscuit

Hi Angie,

The Four Seasons is basically an exclusive venue, as the hotel only has one ballroom. As such, you have no worries about other couples holding their wedding there as well. Another hotel with a single ballrm would be the Sheraton.

I considered the Four Seasons but was not too impressed by their service. I remember calling up to enquire and all the staff did was to forward me their packages without offering a view of the place. In fact, when I requested to see the place, he just told me simple that a wedding was going to be held that friday and I could go and take a look 'on my own'. When I turned up at the hotel, there was in fact no wedding but a company function. I was left feeling disapointed. Perhaps my experience was isolated but do give them a tingle if you are really interested.

L

loverboy

I have attended 4 weddings there and one of them, I was helping out. I must say staff service sucks big time and while they tell you that their staff are experienced, it turned out that nearly 80% of the staff are real young temps.

I know temps are a norm but they are all so ill prepared. The coordination for the PA was also bad. THe PA room is right behind along this long dark corridor behind. And you get to see the food all displayed there. kinda yucky.

Sound system also sucks, as in its like those fire annoucement speaker quality. Not even any lo-fi.

Decorations are quite okay but rooms are not that impressive. For this price, other places like the fullerton or conrad is better bet

angie

Dear Biscuit & Loverboy,

Kinda surprised that their service is sooo bad as I have been hearing otherwise. However, Biscuit is right. When I called them they were rather curt. In any case, I have booked my venue already. Thanks for the info.

candy

Hi all,

I was really shocked when I read all the comments. Because all these while I thought Four Seasons is a good place to have wedding. Heard that the ballroom is nice. Oh my...now got to reconsider Four Seasons.
sad.gif

cheers

Dear All,

If the folks there have "bad attitude" why don't U try their sister hotel- The Regent ? They are also managed by the Four Seasons Hotel. Their Wedding Consultant is Evelyn Tai.She'e very friendly & helpful. I have tried their wedding dinner there and both food and service were excellent despite the fact that they were running on full capacity of 50 tables.I was very impressed as usually with so many tables, the standard will reduced. This was not the case for The Regent. Hope this information will help .

mints

Dear all,
I am very surprised to see bad feedback on Four Seasons! My company has been holding regular corporate functions there (about 4-5/month, ranging from functions for 10-200 people) and service have been excellent and personal. My friend who had her w/dinner there last year oso has nothing but praises for the hotel. I had wanted to hold my wedding dinner there, but the ballroom is too small for my party. Their Director of Catering is Hon, maybe you should look for her. She has been servicing my acct, and she's great.

emma

Hi everyone,
I must say i had a great experience with the staff there, both the director and the captain in charge the night my friends had their dinner there. I was co-ordinating the banquet dinner and found them helpful. Agree that the sound system isn't top of the class, but most of my friends were raving about their service. waiters are at a 1 to 1 ratio. In fact a year down the road, the director still remembers my friends clearly and helped them sort out some stuff with their first anniversary dinner!

Kind of goes to show how things can can vary from encounter to encounter!

busybee

Hey !

I am surprised to hear of the bad comments. I attended one wedding dinner there late last year and I must say it was good.. the service was good and I must say.. I was one of the helpers to the bride and groom and the manager there was very gracious and patient when we were doing the rehearsal. The manager even took time to introduce the person in-charge of the banquet that nite. Anyway, there are two ballrooms, Crescent (which house up to 15 tables) and the main ballroom. The location I must admit was kinda exclusive but I love the ambience ! The food was quite OK though.

faith

Anyone there who holds or book yr banquet with four seasons, any comments about the bridal suite ? Do they includes white seat covers ?

chemson

My FH's brother had his wedding there.... he booked the Crescent Ballroom... it was a nice and small gathering of friends and family. The bridal suite is fantastic and if I can remember correctly, there are white seat covers. There is a giant king size bed in the bridal suite.. a living room and two toilets.... in the suite. They also served you complimentary champagne.

D

delany

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a direct email contact for the Four Seasons Hotel catering dept that handles weddings ? I would like to contact them to check whether they have available dates for Jul 2002.

I am moving office, so I don't have a fax machine & prefer to just email them directly.
Also checked their website & could not find anything.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Delany,

I don't have a direct e-mail contact but at the Four Seasons website, there is a contact form. It is found on the left panel of their website under the option "Contact a Sales Manager".

You may like to try using the form.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

pepe

Hi All,

I have relevant good news and would like to share. I just held my ROM cum wedding tea reception at Four Seasons Hotel on Wed 8/8.

It was a truly beautiful event. The service and food was excellent and this is the consistent feedback that I got from all my guests too. Ambience and decor was perfect and they threw in extras which were not orginally discussed in our contract.

I am very grateful to them for contributing to making my event beautiful and memorable and I will definitely recommend everyone to consider them for banquets/reception. In fact, I was so taken with their service that I have also booked them for my banquet next year !!

FYI: Room booked - Windows West on the 20th Floor
Catering Sales Manager Contact - Mr Danny Yok
Operations Manager? Contact - Ms Janice ?? (sorry I dint get her last name)

Good Luck and Hope all of you have a wonderful wedding to come!!

arctic_hare

Hi Pepe,

I am so glad that someone is happy with the service and ambience of Four Seasons. My FH kept telling me that all his friends, relatives & colleagues think I am way too extravagent in choosing Four Seasons as the dinner venue.

Anyway, we only have 20 tables and it's only $818+++ per table. Not that much, right?? We have booked the Crescent Ballroom. Fell in love with the windows in the picture on this website.

BTW, what extras did they throw in for you?

Smile always,
Arctic_Hare

och

hi arctic_hare,

i think u made a good choice. i was the laison for my friend's wedding at four seasons n i was very impressed by the coordinating staff n managers. their food n table service was very good too.

pepe

Hi arctic hare,

Personally I do believe that FS prices are definitely above average compared to the rest of the hotels.

At the end of the day, I guess you have to see the overall package and consider issues such as comfortability in dealing with the staff and management. For us, we were happy with the service and friendliness of the staff. Plus, the package does give good value for money!!

Windows for Crescent ballroom? I thot only the four seasons ballroom has windows? Am i wrong?

Eg of extras - complimentary seat covers for my ROM function (seats 40) and additional car park redemption. Small but meaningful and sensitive nonetheless.

Hope this helps !

starbright

Hi there, Pepe, Arctic Hare and anyone out there who have booked their w/dinner with FS. What kind of extra perks (not in the original package) did you managed to get ? I was told by the sales person who attended to me that they do not entertain any negotiations on the package. Do you encountered the same respond ?

D

delany

How about perks like seat covers ?
How much would they charge for this extra ?

Also, read from this forum about the sound system. IS it really that bad ?

och

hi starbright,

i heard from my friends that they r pretty strict as well. none of them got any perks so far.

hi delany,

i dun think the sound system is that bad lah. i mean, it's not dolby digital sound, but it's not cackling or anything.

D

delany

Can anyone tell me how much deposit is required to hold a date with FS ? Also, do they book up fast ?

genesis

Hi All

I had my wedding at Four Seasons this year. The event was stunning. I have no complaints. The service was great, food was good, the guests were delighted by the ambiance...the catering people are very open to sugestion and helping you. Very accessible when you need them. It was a dream wedding for me and I would definitely recommend Four Seasons to all. I paid a $3000 deposit and yes, they do get full very fast. Danny Yok was the mgr who dealt with our account. No regrets! I had a wonderful experience and the staff were fabulous. Incredible support and coordination.

D

delany

Hi Genesis,
Thanks for your feedback. My FH has already moved abroad(unable to return until wedding day) & I travel frequently, so having a good wedding banquet mgr. is essential.
I've got a couple of questions to ask of you.
If you have got some time to spare,could you email me at [email protected] ?

anna

hi delany, starbright, i heard from a friend that they don't allow much negotiations on the package, but after they signed up, the manager was subsequently very nice to them and gave them a lot of freebies.

could be that they got along very well with the manager or that's just Four Seasons' approach (?)

starbright

Thanks Anna and och for your feedback.

Anna, do you know what freebies did your friend enjoyed ?

Genesis, did you experience the same treatment as Anna's friend ?

Delany, FS ballroom is undergoing renovation now and will be ready by Sept. I was told by the manager who attended to me that they are replacing all the chairs and the new chairs are very beautiful and cost abt $250 each ! So he discouraged me from covering them up with seat covers. Maybe u can double check with your salesperson.

anna

Hi starbright, for carpark coupons, the manager gave them virtually free flow - 100 to start out with, for 250-300 guests. no corkage for hard liquor, special wine deal. also allowed them to swop things in the package for others. Heard that someone else also got upgrade the bridal suite to. All this came after they signed!

genesis

***Delany, I have emailed you already.

Hi Starbright, well I can't really say that the mgr offered many freebies only after signing up. But they will try their best. It is normal not to allow for much negotiation before signing.

Oh yes, if anyone needs an actual day photographer, I have an excellent one to recommend. Her photos moved my parents to tears! She is wonderful
happy.gif

starbright

Thanks Anna and Genesis for your feedback. I am torn between Four Seasons and Conrad. Like the grandeur of Four Seasons but find the sales person at Conrad more easy to work with.

Can someone help me ?

genesis

Ooooh how interesting! Those were my two choices exactly. I too struggled between Conrad and Four Seasons. Conrad appears to be less commonly used. I loved that it had only ONE ballroom with ONE foyer and it is all yours for the nite! But in the end I went with Four Seasons cos of the following reasons:

1. It was a more cosy environment for my 26 tables. The ballroom is simply magical at night with the soft lighting and the ivory/champagne gold concept.
2. I loved the boutique hotel concept...its poshness and the ambience.
3. The food is good at Four Seasons (also at Conrad but at that time I preferred Four Seasons signature dishes)
4. The banquet mgr at Conrad that I happened to speak to wasn't friendly at all. I thought the Four Seasons mgrs were a lot more assuring and we really had the same ideas in terms of what was stylish and what was not.

There are so many other reasons...but ultimately go with your heart. Choose the hotel that you know will make you feel like a princess on that night! That is all that is important actually. Nothing else matters Starbright....
happy.gif

bluebonnet

Hi Genesis,

Who do you recommend for the actual day photography? Do you mind sharing some of her work such as your wedding pictures that moved your mom? ;) Thanks!

Bluebonnet

genesis

Hi Bluebonnet,

My actual day photographer was Monica Eng of Vividshots. She does lovely coloured photos and unbelievable black & white ones. It was the black & white album that really made my friends and relatives teary eyed. Her shots are very candid and they seem to tell a story. She also catches only the prettiest sides of you most of the time. Even my husband who is not that photogenic, came out looking real cool! This is her website:
http://www.vividshots.com

She has posted some of her portfolio there. You are going to love her pictures!!

Or you can call her on her hp @ 98488199. Her prices are very reasonable... She made my wedding unforgetable! My parents loved her
happy.gif

ada

hi,

just to share some experience re: the food at four seasons :

the coffee spare pork ribs is not well-liked by many guests. It smells and taste strange, a little like cocoa , and does not look appealing to taste.

chemson

Hi !

Am having my dinner there next year. Noted that the dish under the deluxe menu. Ok.. guess I will change it for another dish. Thanks for your input !!!

sphinx

Hi Genesis,

I am struggling between Conrad and FS too. Conrad, however, is fully booked till September 2002. We are deciding if we should postpone our wedding for Conrad. We are residing abroad now and couldn't have the chance to see FS but attended a wedding in Conrad and it was great. Do you know if FS could accomodate more than 300 guests and is it smaller than Conrad? Would like to find out what perks FS offer. We would appreciate if you or anyone out there could advise. And anyone there have any experience with Fullerton?

Thanks!

corica

Hi sphinx

I have attended a function at FS before and the food was ok only. Not fantastic. The ballroom overall ambience is quite nice. No pillars in the ballroom but i find that it's a bit inconvenient as compared to Conrad. I believe FS can accomodate more than 300 guests as the function i attended actually had 40+ tables.

I also visited Fullerton last weekend. The ballroom is very unique - once you enter the ballroom, there are steps leading down to the dining area. So it will be quite romantic when the couple walks in. And also Fullerton has only 1 ballroom so it's very exclusive. U don't need to worry about having to share the ballroom with other couples. I also heard from other couples that the bridal suite is also fantastic.

If you'd ask for my comments, i'd give Fullerton the thumbs up! But bear in mind, they're also quite expensive. I understand they don't allow couples to bring in wine i.e. can only purcahse from them.

Hope this bit of information helps!

chemson

Hi !

I have booked my banquet for Sept 2002 next year. I took the smaller ballroom but I did manage to have a tour of the Grand Ballroom. It has a maximum capacity of 30 tables. They have just renovated both ballrooms, replaced the carpet and the chairs. It is much better cos I attended a wedding there last year. I did not even bother to look at other venues... we wanted an exclusive venue with good food and ambience... FS could cater to that...
happy.gif

You could email 4 seasons:

[email protected]

She will send you the packages available and outline the details....Oh yes, you get to have 2 free nites stay at the bridal suite... one of the perks..
happy.gif

Hope this helps !

sphinx

Hi Corica and Chemson,

Thanks for your advise. What is the inconvenience part compared to Conrad? Actually one of my worries is the pillar. I heard from my friend that Conrad told her FS has a pillar that will block 2 tables. In addition, my brother went to check out the ballroom (I forgot the pillar part)
and he said the person we got in touch with said that the maximum capacity is 30 tables. We are worried cos we require slightly more than 30 tables excluding reserves. He mentioned that the ceiling is quite low too...Any feedback?

Thanks!

ada

Hi sphinx, cornica,

I attended a wedding at fullerton 2 weeks ago. The food is not good, in fact, Four Seasons is better.
The service at Fullerton and four seasons are both equally good. Fullerton does give 2 nights stay at the Loft suite. However, you are not allowed to bring in your own wine and gotta purchased from the hotel which is very exxx. not sure if they charge corkage on top of it.

chemson

Hi Sphinx,

I dun recall any pillars at the Grand Ballroom and in fact it is very spacious. The ceiling is really that low but yes.. the maximum capacity is 30 tables. However, similar to the Fullerton, they charge you corkage for bringing your own wine in but if you use their in-house wine (which I have seen and not that expensive), they will waive the corkage charge. This may be worth a consideration.

D

delany

We are planning to have a set dinner (east west fusion) at Four Seasons. Does anyone have amy feedback on FS set dinner menu ?
thanks.

mia

Hi Sphinx
I have just booked my wedding banquet next year, both ballrooms are pillar free so do not fear that it will cause obstruction. By the way, both ballrooms have just renovated last month. They have changed the carpet, wall paper, chairs and etc. It looks beautiful.

chemson

Hi delany,

Have you made a reservation for the date? My wedding banquet will be in Sept and I actually booked the ballroom at least 12 mths in advance. Maybe you can email me at [email protected] and we can exchange information as well.. my banquet mgr is Danny Yok. I made the booking as soon as I knew the date I wanted was available.

jellybeans

Hi Chemson,

Hey, your wedding also in Sept? Me too! When is your actual day? Mine is 28th Sept. I just confirmed with them few days ago. I am taking the the grand ballroom but am quite afraid now that my guest list is going to exceed their max. of 32 tables. Looks like i have to go thru a brutal round of trimming!

Well, looks like we can start chatting here for all brides2b who have booked with FS. Looking forward to it!

chemson

Hi jellybeans,

Me... err.. in the mth of September and earlier than yours... ;) Was Danny your banquet manager? Me and Hubby had our minds set on the Crescent Ballroom cos we dun want to have a big event and 15 tables is fine with us..... and my mum will be the one giving me the headache... as most of the frens and relatives come from her side.... anyway, have told her to select selectively and I guess she will understand.... it was relief for me when I settled the banquet.. now...Actually...my brother-in-law had his at FS last year and I am familiar with the menu and settings. Danny gave us the deluxe menu first.. but most probably I will be taking the superior one and swap a couple of items. FS was the first and only choice for us and we did not even look at other venues.

chemson

Hi Bluebonnet,

Think we can continue from here....the Crescent Ballroom can accommodate up to 15 tables. There is not much arch or view but it is rectangular and there is a reception area outside... but the Grand Ballroom is much bigger in size.... the new settings... new chairs whereby it is now purple in colour, the carpet is new as well (won't be new next year...
happy.gif
) and they change the lighting bulbs. Slightly different from last year when I attended a wedding there....

The other photographer... photolanguage's Ray Ong.

serene

hey ladies, can tell me how much approx. is a table at Four Seasons?

just in case you are wondering, i am shortlisting hotels!
happy.gif

jellybeans

Hi Chemson,

I can understand the relief you feel after settling the venue. The person who we deal with is the Asst. Director of Catering, Ho Mun Hoong. He's quite a nice guy. We weren't introduced to any other people, so I guess he'll be coordinating our wedding for the moment. I have also signed the contract using the deluxe menu becos' Ho said its better to sign on the basic and upgrade later if we like. We won't be able to downgrade to a lower priced menu if we took the superior menu now. Changes can be made after we have our food tasting 2 mths before the day. How was the situation with your brother-in-law's wedding becos' what Ho said was the floral arrangements will be taken away when the dinner starts but the candles will not be taken away. I did have a list of other hotels like Pan Pac, Hyatt but ultimately chose FS becos of it being ranked high on the list of food quality and service. Also becos they have the date I wanted...kekeke!

Hi Serene Tan,

The price per table will depend on the day you want to hold your banquet. They have different prices for their menus. For the cheapest menu, Mondays to Thursdays - $698+++, Sat - $828+++, Friday & Sunday - $748+++. It may be on the pricier side but then you are also paying for the exclusivity of the hotel and the great food & service which they are proud of. The frills they give are pretty much the same as other hotels. If you like to know more, you can always call them up. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to help you. The person we deal with is Ho, tel: 8317211. If you haven't viewed the place, I suggest u have a look personally. BTW, what other hotels have you shortlisted? When r u intending to have your wedding dinner?

Rgds, jellybeans