Four Seasons Hotel

zhanglilian

Hi all

Any co-ordinator to recommend? I am interested to hold my wedding at FS. Can anyone roughly tell me how much is the price of their wedding tables?

cat_quek

hi fashion, I nvr keep the gown. to ex to keep.

the price for my pkg now is ard $3600....

of coz it varies based on your own requirement. if you r interested best u go down to talk to the bridal shop coordinator....better to understand.

what kind of gown u looking for? Do you like my EG and WG style?

twinklebride

zjw, Elaine Wong was the coordinator that attended to my enquiry.

I decided not to sign up with FS eventually as they were not really flexible on their perks. Hence I called her to inform her of my decision. Guess what she told me?

"Oh that's alright, we have already released your date to another company for their event." (When I have told her just 3 days ago that I will revert 3 days later about the status of my tentative booking.)

I was so appalled!! What if I had wanted to confirm my booking?! I really contemplated to write a letter of complaint to FS but could not be bothered in the end.

So... just to share my exeperience with you. If she could have done this to me, it shows the level of service she offers. And to think she keeps telling me she is unable to offer me the perks as they provide the best of service in the market etc

Picked Mandarin Oriental in the end. The coordinators are really nice and flexible.
happy.gif

Good luck to all!

zhanglilian

Hi Lala

That's so rude...think she shouldn't have done this. If I were you, I would have sent a complaint letter up to the head...

Actually I'm thinking between Four Seasons, Hyatt and Intercon...so not sure which to choose...

twinklebride

Hi zjw,

I thought it was extremely rude as well. Guess it was lucky for me that I decided against FS.

All 3 hotels you are considering are great hotels..just follow your heart if you really like FS.

Perhaps I was just unlucky..
happy.gif

gingerbread_gal

Hi Lala,
I'm surprised to hear of your encounter with FS...its really quite rude of that coordinator and unprofessional too! I think that is out of the norm for FS.

zjw,
I'm dealing with another coordinator Ginny. Note that while FS is inflexible with the perks, they are reknown for their high service standards and good food. Go with your gut feeling! Good luck
happy.gif

cat_quek

ginny is good..she is my coordinator for my wedding in Feb08. I had a very nice expereince there...

she is polite and fast and prompt in her reply and action.

Their are well-known for the service, food and also no FREE PERKS.

chopperpiggy

Hi all,

My wedding just gone last Sat, everything was so great. Service number 1, Food number 1. We were very well attended to and we have absolutely NO COMPLAINT at all. All our guests were also very impressed & everyone enjoy our wedding alot. I was treated like a queen by the banquet staffs.

To those who wants top notch service, you can rely on FourSeasons, however, if you need to bargain for Free perks, I guess FS is not suitable. They are just being fair across the board.

I have no regrets for choosing dark theme because it turned out to be ready BEAUTIFUL. Will share some photos once it's ready.

gingerbread_gal

ChopperPiggy,
Congrats!! Glad that you had a great reception!
What dark theme did you choose?

Yes, pls share with us photos when they are ready!

Going anywhere for honeymoon?

chopperpiggy

Hey thanks.

I have choosen Maroon tables for all & Dark Gold for 2 VIP tables. Chairs all black. The result was really beautiful & unique, very different from usual wedding style. The feel was really romantic.

WIll only go in April, to Maldives.
proud.gif

mage

Four Seasons' dark themes very nice! Very classy look also. Really create the right ambience and atmosphere.

mage

Jac, I've gotten my pics. Chasing hubby to load it up online but he's busy these few weeks. Hopefully I can get him to load it this weekend.

Iam, I have the 2009 package, email address please.
happy.gif

mage

oops! i'm so sorry! i made a mistake. The package that Four Seasons emailed to me is for 2008. Sorry about that.

cutiephinphin

hi chopperpiggy

Wanted to pm you but can't. Are you able to share if you did anything special that made the event more fun? you can email me at [email protected]. I'm looking at just a small dinner so prefer more fun. Haven't confirm on 4seasons actually.

chopperpiggy

Hi hi,

I didn't do anything special, mine was a 12 tables dinner, with a live band, no cake cutting cos mine started with a march in strait for solemnisation ceremony. Then after champagne pouring, no yam seng, just a simply cheers followed by table-to-table cheers. Just an impromptu dancing & singing which was sabo by our friends. It was just for fun, not to perform, so everyone had good laugh too.

I have to say my wedding was really a cosy & fun event where I got to interact with everyone. Our guest list was under controlled so we manage to start 7.30pm sharp with dinner started before 8pm. I am very proud to say that this is the 1st time everyone got to eat their dinner before 8pm for a chinese wedding.

cutiephinphin

Hi

I'm also look at between 12 - 15 tables for dinner. Did you have a separate solemnization table etc? Was it on stage? I've not decided if I want it in a separate location instead in the ballroom. Are you able to share with me your package? I've not officially enquired with 4 seasons but know that the crescent ballroom fit about 14 tables.

After your solemnization ceremony, how did you start with the dinner?

chopperpiggy

Hi,

My package was dated 2008, not sure if still accurate, you can actually email them & they will give you the latest costing. My solemz was on stage and once we were done with our ceremony, we got ourselve seated, the MC annouced dinner begins loh, he also said in a funny way, he said "So happy that all of us get to eat before 8pm, hurayyyyy".........hahaha

I feel that if you wanna maximise 15 tables in crescent ballroom, abit crump ley. If possible, i tink 13 to 14 shd be max ley. And if you have alot of relatives that you cant estimate their arrival time, you might really need to consider doing your solemz separate, before dinner starts kind ya. Mine was more friends than relatives, so everything under controlled.

Hope these helps.

cutiephinphin

yes i'm looking at wedding this year end. Basically I'm just wanting to look at the package price and what comes along. Otherwise do you have the email address of the coordinator? I will just email him/her then. Well currently our guest list has abt 13 tables only. I'm just buffering in case there are more but I reckon there won't be more than 15 tables. For ours it's also more friends / colleagues then relatives which is why I'd prefer a more fun dinner. But our friends are the more shy kind. So there won't be dancing of any sort :p

I'm the shy kind to start with.

chopperpiggy

you try to email him [email protected]

cos i deleted my reference already.........hehe, wedding over liao mah. Ask him for the price list, he is Lewis.

We also didnt plan the dancing & singing lah, were played out by friends loh.......turn out kind of funny too.

mage

hi pinkienutz, I've seen their strawberry bar during their wedding show. Frankly for the same price I rather pay for the chocolate fountain.
happy.gif

cutiephinphin

hi jac, did you have any luck negotiating any items in the package? I am also looking at their crescent ballroom.

Btw anyone doing solemnization before the dinner event?

gingerbread_gal

hi cutiephinphin,
what terms are you looking at to negotiate? i managed to get only corkage waiver for 3 bottles of wine. FS hardly gives any additional perks.

and yep, I'm doing solemnisation before my lunch...

Btw, did any FS brides engage the band recommended by FS? any comments?

cutiephinphin

Hi Jac

Well i'm looking at trying to see if corkage can be waived, if I can get complimentary beer. I'm also wanting to see what room rate he can give for my sisters to stay for 1 night.

With regards to your solemnization, whereabouts at the hotel will you be doing it?

Btw are there are march-in effects? Any wedding themes? Do you know if they do wines on consignment basis?

chopperpiggy

Hi there,

If you are looking at more chinese pop song band, you can try mine, i engaged them for my wedding & they are young people. If you wan the contact let me know.

I had my solemnz before dinner started, which was a grand match in to the stage for solemnz then followed by dinner..
proud.gif

cutiephinphin

hi chopperpiggy

wow... i feel a bit shy doing the solemnization in front of all the guests leh
sad.gif
Did you actually asked if you could do it elsewhere or you knew straightaway you wanted to do on the stage?

Then after the solemnization, what you gonna do? Walk your way down to the VIP table to sit ah? So means your emcee must be like on the ball to know what to do & when to say etc lah?

Btw have you gotten your emcee? I'm having prob with mine.

chopperpiggy

Hi,

Mine was planned that way cos we are doing only 12 tables, so i do not want to do it before the dinner. You can check with them if they can let you do it in a separate room before dinner or what.

For my emcee, he is our nephew, we showed him our plan, so he knew what to say from beginning till the end. Therefore, after our solemz, he let us be seated before he annouced dinner began.

My wedding was over last month.........
happy.gif

cutiephinphin

well mine's gonna be a small wedding too of 15 tables. So far I don't think there is another venue I could use without having to pay anything. So most likely I'd have to do it on the stage too.

I don't have anyone to be my emcee so having a headache abt this.

so did your wedding event turn out the way you want?

Btw did you nego anything on the package?

chopperpiggy

I feel that the crescent ballroom is just nice for 12 to 14 tables, 15 will be really very filled up loh. Try asking your friend to help you with the emcee job? The solemz was pretty fast, so not so pai say.

My wedding turned out PERFECT! Everything according to plan, everything started on time too,

As for perks, we have nothing to nego, so didnt try. However, we had few wine for each tables cos we signed up during their bridal show.

cutiephinphin

Glad to know everything went well. Can you share which package you took?

As for us, we have not finalized our guest list and it would also be subjected to our final choice of venue. Well... I don't think my friends are keen and besides they are more mandarin speaking whilst most of my guests are english speaking. My friends are also the shy type or the stage frighten kind i believe. So can't think of anyone at all to approach.

I see... ya usually there are additional perks during bridal show. Well will see how things go when I meet up with Lewis.

Btw are there wedding themes?

gingerbread_gal

hi cutiephinphin,
I'll be doing solemnisation in the ballroom itself...cos will be inviting relatives and close friends, so thought it'll be nice for them to witness the moment we offically become one
happy.gif

what march-in effects are u looking at? No dry ice effect and no red carpet - FS thinks they are passe and I think so too.

No wedding themes, but there is colour themes...
I don't know if they do wine on consignment basis and i think it will be very diff to get corkage waiver for all wine.

I checked with my co-ordinator and seems like they don't have a wedding show planned yet.

cutiephinphin, be prepared....it is very very diff to get additional perks from FS but their service sure makes a difference.

How abt getting your siblings/cousins to be your emcees?

porsche,
if i rem correctly, the contact person of the band that my co-ordinator recommended is called Barry...

cutiephinphin

hi jac

Thanks for the info. Oh... i didn't know abt their themes although I read abt it in the earlier posts but it's not stated in the package.

well for the march-in effects, it's not really a mandatory thing for me but I asked as it also wasn't stated in the package. So I guess the march-in song will have to be it.

As for emcees, i don't have anyone who would be comfortable being one. So will most likely have to source.

Overall i've read abt the difficulties in negotiating for additional perks but I will still try perhaps.

cutiephinphin

Hi choppypiggy

I've done a tentative block and wanted to arrange for site visit this week but Lewis (whom i'm liaising with) won't be on duty. So the meet up will only be next week. So nothing has been confirmed with FS at this point.