Four Seasons Hotel

bliss77

Dear tulip,

Can you also email me the 2007 price package pse? My email address is [email protected]. Thanks very much!
happy.gif

millh

Hi

I'm new here. I also would like to have the price list for 2007 package for four seasons hote. I'm planning for 20-25 tables for weekend. I wonder how much tht cost? Can PM me?

It's great knowing all of you.

Thks in advance

compassrose

HiHi Gals,

Collected my invites.. choose 50% leafy design and the other 50% on the double happiness design. Finally... One item down to worry about.
happy.gif

ladyk

hello ladies,

just sharing my experience. i had attended a wedding dinner at four seasons & these are some points in which you may want to take note.

- the waiter while trying to remove the centrepiece dripped the candle wax onto my fren's arm & she was yelling in pain. he was so blur that he didnt even realised it & walked away.
- i had vegetarian food tat evening & the next day, i had food poisoning. apparently, those who took vegetarian food suffered some miscomfort after taking it. i had told my fren (the bride) abt it but i'm not sure whether she had taken any action.

On the whole, the ballroom is really grand & nice. But the reception area is a bit cramped, especially when all the guests start to arrive.

compassrose

Hi tulip,

I am printing insets, the double happiness card is slightly small so i have to trim it on my own.

Other than that becos contents wise is the same, no additional charge.

yelody

Hi,

I'm also considering of having mine at Four Seasons.

What are the things that we can negotiate or exchange for?

Do they provide free waiver of cockage charge?

Thank You!

compassrose

hi yelody,

FS is famous for being sticky. No waiver of corkages. If it's a few bottles of wine and hard liquor, it's still possible. Good luck!

yelody

I just met up with Georgette......

ya..they're quite rigid. cant negotiate anything.

saw their invitation cards, not many designs though.

still considering bet shangri-la and four seasons

bliss77

Hi yelody,

what is the capacity u're looking at? for me, i didn't consider shangri-la cos it isn't quite accessible by public transport. and if u read the former threads, FS is known to be sticky with negotiations.
happy.gif

octo

Hi summerscent,

Read that you had your solemnization at four season. Care to share your experience and package with me?

I am looking for a solemnization venue now. If you don't mind, can share your rom picture with me?

And may I know where u did your solemnization, poolside/ function room?

Sorry, for the many questions.

Thanks in advance.

[email protected]

summerscent

Hi Shir, my solemnization was at the function rm - west wing. On the same level, there are two function rooms: east n west wing. I had 4 tables including VIP table. That is the max no. of tables in the room.

My solemnization was done outside the fn room, where its like a small garden with greenery. Then buffet is served in the function rm.

The swimming pool is also on the same level as the fn room, so its real convenient to have photos taken.

summerscent

Forgot to add in that the buffet costs $50.00 plus 10% service charge, 1% cess and thereafter, prevailing GST per person but that was in 2005, not so sure abt now

smurfying

I did my solemnization cum wedding luncheon at Four Seasons Cresent ballroom, min is for 120 guests... But mine was a sit down course lunch, not buffet. Abt 80++ per pax after factoring the charges and alcohol.

It's an indoor function...so if u're one for wet weather planning, can op for tis
happy.gif

julie0870

Hi guys,
am thinking of booking the bigger ballroom for my wedding dinner. Was just wondering, do you guys have any idea how many bottles of wine / champagne I should expect to be drunk per table?

I'm hoping to swap some items with free wine or champagne...don't know if it's possible.

kenshare

hey compassrose,
how long in advance from the wedding date will FS ask you to go and collect the cards?

Are you adding anything besides the inlets?
I am actually thinking of ribbons?

Can you share the invites with me?
my email: [email protected]

jlynn

Hi smurfying, may I know if there were any additional charges for having solemnization at FS in additional to the wedding lunch? E.g. the charge for using a function room for the solemnization...
happy.gif

smurfying

Hi Lynn, am dun quite understand ur question leh... for mine, i had a solemnization cum wedding luncheon all tog. Cos we dun quite like the idea of jus a traditional dinner, we had the solemnization followed by a course lunch. The solemnization set up is provided foc, with table, chairs, flower centerpiece on stage.

jlynn

Oops... sorry for the vague question.
embarrassed.gif

Your reply has sort of answered my query... I'm thinking of having the solemnization just before the lunch in another small function room with only the immediate families witnessing, so was wondering if there would be any additional charges for it.
happy.gif

smurfying

Oic...then u can't use Cresent Ballroom as tat one has a min of 120 headcounts. Think you can explore the penthouse function room or something, mentioned in earlier postings. Dun think they'll charge extra for solemnization set up.

bliss77

Hi all, would like to ask all FS brides or BTBs, which menu did u select for the dinner banquet? Was the deluxe or superior menu of satisfactory quality? FH prefers Jiang-nan chun menu...so having split minds now.

compassrose

Hi Jul,

If you have a bigger budget. of cuz Jiang Nan Chun will be the choice. For me, i will be sticking with deluxe as i foresee spending lotsa on drinks.

kenshare

hi all
can i ask what are the favours that FS is giving now?

The last I rem from Eugene was Chocolate Praline.
Is it still that?

schnauzie

yea, still chocolate.

I am having my food tastin next week. any advice/ tips anyone? will be letting me try the housewine too

Hi schnauzie,

will love to hear your review of your food tasting next week at FS. How many tables are u having?

Btw, has anyone got experience dealing with the catering sales managers Elaine Wong & Dawn Lin at FS? How do you find their service so far?

compassrose

hi schnauzia,

I will be having mine soon as well. Intend to try out the yam paste during food tasting. That's great. U mean we get to try out the house wine? I am requesting FS to set up the table similar to AD setup so i can have a better idea.

Hi Kenshare,

Yup. it's still praline, u can bring in your own.

I have been liasing with Lewis Low. He is prompt in his replies. Service is not bad. He even help us help on other hotels room rate.

HI Jul,

Have u signed up with FS?

schnauzie

christina - sorry i havent heard of the two of them. my CSM is eugene. ;)

compassrose - i am tryin their westerm dessert but heard need to top up $. is their yam paste nicer than their normal dessert?

smurfying

schnauzie, i've tried the western dessert and was told tat i need to top up$, but in the end they never charge me leh. Think only if u wanna change ur dessert then they'll charge u lor.

bliss77

Great to see so many FS brides..
happy.gif

Hi Compassrose,

Yeah I've signed up with FS already. AD is in Nov 07, when's yours? Haven't done much on wedding prep except booking FS & BS. Pondering about the menu now...can i ask u gals how do u know what are the alternate dishes available if let's say we want to switch dishes? Will FS let us know before-hand or do we comment only during the food-tasting?

Also, anybody getting the projector from FS?

rubberducky

Hi Girls!

I'm another FS bride - AD is in Nov 07.
happy.gif

Jul, I was about to ask the same question abnout FS' projector. ;P Anyone managed to get it FOC? Paying $350 just to use it for a couple of hours is so expensive leh.

Also, does anyone know if we can get special rates for booking of extra rooms in FS during the 2 nights - and what those rates are?

vivbl

hi gals,

i am new in this thread and is looking for banquet package that can have small no.of tables.

Hi Beary,

u mentioned that Crescent ballroom has a minimum of 12 tables and a max of 15. do u have any pics of it to share with me? thanks.

Hi Tulip,

can share with me the 2007 package? My email addr is [email protected]. thanks.

compassrose

Hi Quack,

I was quoted approx $345+++ per nite. It will be the delux room.

As for projector, i will get one from the office. It's should work fine. Can u gals loan from the office? If so, u can save $350.

Hi Jul,

Mine is Mar 07. Another 2 more months. So excited. In terms of swopping of dishes will be like fried rice to noodles etc. Different method of cooking. Like instead of fried prawn, Lewis was telling me that there are couples who swop it to wasabi prawn instead. You can check with your CSM. I was thinking of scraping the shark fin dish. However, without sharkfin, the deluxe menu seems so simple.

Becos i am teochew, and i love yam paste.. but i heard different feedbacks from other FS brides on the yam paste. The mango desert is highly recommended. For western desert, i believe we need to top up.. $2 per pax??? Hope they serve it during food tasting.

Importantly, the wines as well. Since we need to pay so much for a bottle. What is the rates now?

bliss77

Hi Quack,

Nice to know of another Nov 07 bride! Did u manage to get any perk when u signed up? haha. How's your wedding preparations? I'm nua-ing here.

Hi Compassrose,

2 months to AD. Wow u muz be excited.
happy.gif
The wines start from $38+++. Western dessert at additional $3 per pax. Hmm, i think the elder ones would still prefer to hav sharks fin in a wedding banquet. Or maybe u can change the sharks fin to abalone soup or something exquisite?

rubberducky

Compassrose, thanks! We intend to do away with Shark's Fin soup as well - save the sharks!
happy.gif
Our coordinator, Georgette, was saying that we could prob switch it for Fish Maw soup instead. But no concrete thoughts for our menu yet lah - our dinner is all the way in Nov, so figured we still have lots of time. FH's mum might want suckling pig though - that would amp up the menu, but also jack up the cost. :p

Dunno how. :p

vivbl

hi beary,

my email addr is [email protected]. can share with me their wedding package if you have it?

my boss attended a dinner with 15 tables there and said it's very nice there. so i will like to find out more.

thanks a lot!

vivbl

hi beary,

i couldn't access your web page last nite. now can already. u are the cover girl in s'pore bride and u look gorgeous! thanks for sharing.