Four Seasons Hotel

squeaks

Tansy,

Your 2006 package includes seat covers? Lucky you! Mine doesn't.. prolly cuz its the smaller ballroom.

I'm not sure I even want seat covers actually! LOL. I just don't like the all white seat covers look.. Prolly cuz I'm not a huge fan of white. My wedding dress isn't even a true white. Heehee. I can't remember how the chairs look though.. if they aren't nice then I guess I'll try for red seat covers?

Is anyone using an outside florist?

schnauzie

squeakers - What colour is your wedding gown? the FS staff told me there is only white, black and gold seat covers..don recall red covers..?

smurfying

Yeah, actually they are giving me only White in fact. Except for the 2 VIPs in gold seat covers. I'm taking the smaller crescent ballroom leh.

squeaks

My wedding gown is diamond white with a ivory lace overlay.. so its an off white effect.

Only white, gold and black? Hmmm.. Looks like I won't be having seat covers after all! I thought they had red..sorry to mislead you guys!

I wonder if you can rent seat covers and stuff from elsewhere? It's prolly really $$$ though.

smurfying

Hmm...necessary to spend extra money on seat covers? Squeakers, when's ur AD? Prolly u wanna chk with FS coordinator again on ur seat covers? Unless they're throw in other stuff to offset the seat covers, else i guess shouldn't be a problem to provide? In any case, i recall fr the workshop, there're some seats without seat covers, their chairs not those ugly kind. And it's red cushion!!

squeaks

My AD is Nov 06. I'm not really that worried about the seat covers.. I wonder why it wasn't included in my package.. hmmm... oh well. They've been really good about exchanging things and accomodating us so I'm not going to fuss! Besides, it sounds like the plain chairs will be fine.

smurfying

Ahhh...mine is Oct 06 leh...and mine is a luncheon some more. Perhaps u've other perks tat i do not hav. Cos I dun hav much perks. Not even wedding favours/ projector n blah blah.

Hey ladies, can i chk how's the march in like? Understand tat there is no flower petals to b used n such except for ur own confetti or party poppers. Meaning tat it gonna b v empty n plain?

jimmygo

hi beary,

thanks for the compliments. its simply about sharing our experience to make the future FS couples' AD better.

the strawberry bar was great. it comes with 3 condiments for you to dip the strawberries in. but the choc fondue is a KO. we can simply say its better not to have it on a wedding day.... if not all the guests will be queueing up for a choc buffet before the dinner.... haha...

martini bar was good. we had 2 peach flavored martinis. but u gotta try their fresh oysters in the shotglass. combined with the martini... slurp slurp... :p in fact, the counter holding the shotglasses beside the martini bar is also made of ice...

hi squeakers,

great ideas! you've hit the nail... "the romance is in the details"

the seats are rather normal... but not chinese restaurants variety. they have a few colours and themes available. do check with your coordinator for options.

i guess renting seat covers from 2 3rd party ain't advisable. u'll really need to ensure the seat covers are matching. if not, it'll look lousy on the whole ballroom and its ambience. kind of contradict why choosing FS as the venue.

hi astrogirl,

good for you! do explore the various seat cover colours available. we find the black and gold combi quite alluring.

hi tansy,

you may consider upgrading the flower decor in the ballroom. they do have nice flower stands available which you can place it along the 'runway'... haha...

smurfying

sgwestie, I'm still thinking of the martini bar, simply so cool. I wanted to try on the Oyster shooter, but when i'm back to try, they're all snatched up
sad.gif

Yikes, I havent even started looking for my wedding dress yet!!!

I remember that the martini bar is $500 to set up and for every bottle of vodka consumed, its an additional $130++
Think for every glass of martini, they used a shot and the bartender told me that a bottle usually makes about 16 martinis.

The price is quite scary seeing how many of my friends drink like a fish. imagine having 300 guests and just have 100 drink like on the average of 5 martinis is enough to kill. :|

smurfying

Technicolour, i think u can neg for free corkage n bring in ur own vodka tho. But u see, bartender could do like one martini is 2min on average per se? meaning u could only do 30 glasses... And corktail usually is like 1 hr only...so i think damage not as bad??

jimmygo

hi tansy,

haha... me guilty of 2 oyster shooters... kekeke...

wrt martini bar, i dun think your guests would drink that much on an empty stomach. furthermore, they wun want to be drunk before the wedding starts. so the consumption should be low. maybe 2 bottles? or 3 at the max...

alternatively, u may wish to consider the strawberry bar. healthy alternative too.

smurfying

Grrr... i had 2 martinis tho heehee...but i went alone, cos paying $30 for 2 classes of martinis??

Yeah, I dun think u'll exceed 2-3bottles should u do a martini bar. Cos dun think the bartender can handle so many orders, plus the fact tat corktail reception is only 1hr the most??

mage

i overheard the oysters shooters is priced at $5+++ per shot!!!

I really love the martini ice bar but cocktail reception of only 1hr, is it worth it? I think i will only consider it if I have the extra cash.
happy.gif
But its really something different.

My FH tried the Sour Apple Martini. Its nice!
happy.gif

babeshan

Thanks guys for all the advice! I have to start looking for my bridal gown! My wedding is end of this year, and have been told I m kinda late in preparation. By the way, anyone has pix for the bigger ballroom? My bf was away and did not have the chance to look at the set-up.

Thanks a bunch!

ahcapp

Wow, looks like this Four Seasons thread is getting more n more busy day by day. My advice to all brides is don't worry, just let Four Seasons settle all your worries for you. Mr Ho always told me that during our wedding preparation =P 1 advice is as soon as you have questions or feedback about how you want your wedding to be, email your coordinator. That'll definately help to make your wedding preparation much easier as your big day draws near.

Btw, I realised that I didn't answer tansy's question. Yes, my wedding banquet is a wedding lunch buffet. All my guests enjoyed the banquet alot. Guess it was because the food was good (everyone was talking about how much they have eaten especially the yummy cheesecake and the signature chocolate hazelnut royaltine). Secondly, it's a lunch so everyone is pretty lively and the mood is causal. Thirdly, it ended off quite early (compared to a normal sit down dinner) so everyone still have the time to go for their sat errands. So to all of u brides out there who are thinking of having a wedding lunch, I would say just go for it! =)

Hi tansy & evie & sgwestie,

Yes, we had our breakfast in the privarcy of our suite (but not in our bed lah.. hahahaha). No, it's not like they will serve whatever we want.. hahahahah =) But that would have been nice! We got the american breakfast which comes with scrambled eggs, bacon, orange juice, hot chocolate (I chose this over the hot tea and coffee as my hubby has a BIG sweet tooth), pastries, hot toast and a really really nice blueberry muffin (my favourite).

The very nice butler came to our room to serve us breakfast. And then she started to make the hot chocolate (with hot chocolate and hot milk) in front of us. To me, that's a real luxury. =P I must train my hubby to do that soon...

Hi Alexis,

Long long time no see ya. How are u doing? Yes, my wedding is done and I am now a happily married wife. Married life has been great so far but still busy. We'll be leaving for our honeymoon coming Tue and we'll be off to Japan to view Sakura. Wish us luck in catching this wonderful spring time.

We must catch up with each other soon!

smurfying

Hmmm...maybe he has been nice to include the seat covers?? I dunno leh, i took it for granted tat it's included. Cos when i 1st send them an email to request for the package, the seats covers are already inside. Tat's before i even meet my coordinator.

AhCapp, wah sey making hot choco in front of u...orghhh i wan tat too... heehee, actually i'm really looking forward to the bridal suite more than anything else hahahaha!!!

smurfying

Oh yah tubby, u're not too late, I jus settled my gowns, venues n wedding bands last few days. FH oso working overseas so i'm doing the stuff mostly alone. My AD is coming Oct 06, so it's still not too late for u to start looking for BS now, cos urs is in Dec 06.

Eh u haven answer me, were u and ur sisters sitting near the entrance there, n took my seat?? heehee...

squeaks

hi schnauzie,

The dress is from Melissa Sweet.. she's an American Designer.. When I was looking at gowns in magazines I actually cut this one out in four different poses.. I guess that's how I knew it was my dress! lol.

schnauzie

squeakers:
Oh yes, i know melissa sweet, saw her gowns in magazines, her gowns are soooo beautiful..i think i have also printed out some of her gown for reference. it is a good choice!

jimmygo

hi squeakers,

haha... i guess u must be captivated by melissa sweet's fluffy and dreamy adverts.... in fact one of the model in the bridesmaid dress quite pretty too... kekeke...

hi ahcapp,

wow! going on honeymoon soon huh? japan's a nice place to start your married holidays. do enjoy your honeymoon and sakura viewing as they're in season now. do take pics of the place too ok?

hi tansy,

wah... 2 glass for $30? thats a bit expensive for one pax... but still cheaper than those normal hotel rates... i guess so....
happy.gif

squeaks

Haha.. yah. I guess I'm a little old fashion.. I like the lace and the solid design down the dress. I tried on some ballgown type dresses and just felt silly. I only hope I look half as good as the models!

babeshan

Hi Tansy! Which bridal studio did you engaged? Lewis and I were sitting near the entrance. It was empty when we sat down. I have long hair, abt 1.7m wearing blue jeans n black top. Familiar? Hehehe... There shouldnt be any charge for the seat covers as its included for 2006 package.

Squeaks! Your gown is beautiful! Im considering Sohpia, Milan and Double up.

smurfying

Hi tubby, my BS is fr Sophia. Let me know if u're interested in getting them. Am sure to bring u to them to bargain lotsa stuff heehee. Eh u mean entrance as in outside the ballroom? I saw a lady talking to Lewis when i interrupted. It's at the table near to the martini bar.

babeshan

Tansy! Haha! I think we 'met' then!Lewis said hello to a lady by the name of "W......" Is that you? Hehe... I went to Sophia early last week. Spoke to Wilson, I dont really like his attitude, its like take it a or leave it kinda atttitude. However I do like some of the gown designs, well at least those from the mags. Do you think you can share with me your package? Can you email to [email protected]? Do we get extra perks if we were to mention your name? Hehehe..We are still looking at other bridal house. Once we confirm using Sophia, we may need your help to bargain for more stuff! Thanks a lot Tansy!

smurfying

No problem. Eh i'm not W...leh. will email u then talk abt more keke. I'm the lady in white spag n pink capri...quite petite sz lady.

smurfying

Still early to choose the red wine. My AD is in Oct, will wait till nearer. But probably get the $38+++ or $42+++ ones.

Not gonna show the usual mortages, so not getting projector. Perhaps u wan to explore something else. Mortages abit par se these days.

astrogirl

hi, tansy!

no la... i got videos to show mah... my rom video + AD day highlights. as for my photo montage, it will be played before dinner starts, tat means when all my guests are still in the midst of settling down...

astrogirl

hi... for those who have held their weddings at FS already, may i noe when do u all collect the invitatn cards & mc script from hotel?

astrogirl

wedding dinner at FS usually start at what time? i realise nowadays ppl arrive later and later... the recent weddings i attended all start after 8.30pm. got one even started at 9pm ley... so late...

smurfying

Astrogirl, dun give urself so much stress leh, ur AD is next yr rite? still got lotsa time to plan
happy.gif
How abt renting the projector fr a event co. or fr ur own office (think foc)? Invite cards shld b 3mths before ur AD bah. Din noe FS will provide emcee script tho. We'll b getting a close fren to b emcee, haha likely he wun read fr script so prepare for him oso no use.

Yeah, usually dinner usually starts at 8.30 or later. Meaning u could hav more time for cocktail, for ur guests to mingle?

evd

hi Astrogirl,

Wa...you are stressed is it? RElaxxx relaxxxx
You can rent projector from FS about $300. Invitation cards normally are given 3 months in advance and you can ask them for MC script too that day. But the script is pretty short so you may need to ask your MC to improvise.

I was lucky that my dinner started at 8 pm cos it is a weekday, but usually 8.30 pm will be the safe bet. 9 pm will be too late lei, your guests will be hungry by then.

starris

Hi Evie, you collected your cards 3 mths in advance? My wedding in June but on one called me to collect the cards yet leh?

evd

Hi Starris,

I actually did not use FS cards, but I remember Eugene called me in December or Janaury (cannot remember!) to collect the cards. You better call your coordinator cos it takes times to print not to mention if you have to redo the printing in case you are not satisfied with the print job. My friend got her cards re-printed because somehow the names do not appear in the middle as she wanted, so better do them early!

squeaks

I can't remember.. is anyone having a real wedding cake? I'm having one but can't decide on design or flavor.. hahaha.

Did anyone have the hotel make a cake for them?

starris

I just called Georgette and will be collecting my cards this weekend. Can I check with you which printer did you use and roughly how much does it cost?

evd

Hi Starris,

You can check with FS as I think they have their preferred printer and may be cheaper. I opted out of the cards and used Focal Ad to design and print my cards.

Hi Squeakers,

I don't have real wedding cake. Actually it was quite funny story for me. I thought the top layer of the cake during the banquet was a real cake so I kept trying to cut the cake with the knife and was puzzled why it did not go in....hahaaaa..and I kept hitting the knife into the cake....hahaaa...a bit stupid lah me! but this is really something to remember

evd

Hi Tansy,

That's what I thought!!!! but the top layer was not a real cake. After the wedding, FS will give you the real wedding cake and delivered it to your suite. It tasted very good! Mine was chocolate cake

squeaks

Is it a small cake or just slices? Hmmm.. I wonder if we'll get the same even though we're having a real cake. Heehee.