Four Seasons Hotel

jimmygo

hi roses,

congrats on your upcoming engagement!

viewing is a must!
happy.gif
visualising it and looking at pictures would give you a totally different impression... haha... however, if you visited a setup that comes with many top-ups.... you'll not want to settle for the standard package... thats what happened to us... keekee... :p

Hi Watashi,

Congratulations to you and your partner.
kao_cheers.gif

My partner and I are rather blur
kao_confused.gif
on the preparation of our forthcoming wedding, I hope to ask a favor from you based on your experiences to provide us with some suggestions.

1)I'm curious to see what the red and black table setting looks like? Do you mind sharing the photos with me. Will just take it as a personal reference.

2)Which wedding card did you choose from FS? Which printer will you recommend me?

Thanks you very much for taking your time to answer my doubts. Hope to hear from you.
smile.gif

ahcapp

Hi roses (redpinkroses),

There are 4 card designs from Four Seasons. I choose the one with the leaves patterned translucent paper attachment.

I went to T Dragon for my card printing. I have finally confirmed my final draft today and Wendy told me that my cards will be ready before CNY. Cool, I want to start writing my cards already.

As to printing, yes, I am printing it directly onto the cards itself using shiny gold wordings. They have silver, gold and bronze wordings. Matte or shiny. Different pricing for all. Do get Four Seasons to send you all the 4 card samples so that you can choose which card you love the most =) The total printing cost is about $240 for 220 cards. I printed something extra on the front page of the card.

I am happy with T Dragon so far. The promise is 10 days for the printing. Do drop by and take a look. I think they are the expert in card printing because I can see that they have lots of other hotel card samples with them.

redpinkroses

sgwestie
Thanks! Being engaged is a wonderful feeling. It'a time when everything seems so sweet
happy.gif

AhCapp
Thanks for the info. Helps in my budgeting. T Dragon is at Penisular plaza right? I'll drop in soon.

ahcapp

Hi roses,

T Dragon is located at excelsior shopping centre, next to the penisular plaza. It's the old looking shopping mall facing the fire station. =)

starris

Hi all,
I'm new to this thread, and have also chosen Fourseasons as my wedding venue.

I heard the food is pretty good, what's your comments?

Sgwestie, could you share your pics with me?[email protected]

Many thanks.

starris

Hi watashi,
Can you share some pics on your wedding setup. I only saw the red and gold theme. Thanks.

How much does it cost to upgrade the flowers? Do I have to get my own flori

tayes

Hi Astrogirl and starris,
I kaypoh a bit, the link to Sgwestie's photos was in the last thread, and I have cut and paste here: share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8YcMWjhw5eL

Hope you don't mind Sgwestie!

Happy Lunar New Year everyone!
happy.gif

jimmygo

hi all BTB,

happy chinese new year! wishing all health and happiness ahead!
happy.gif

hi tayes,

thanks! no worries abt pasting my link. i'm happy to share the pics. is your link still available? i'm keen to see your ROM pics also.

hi dreamdoll,

our pics were taken by ngiap heng from the pond. one great guy. kuang is another photographer heavily recommended. excellent choice!

beannielum

Dear all,

I would like to share with everyone a disappointing experience I have recently with Eugene Chan, the catering manager of Four Seasons.

After reading this forum, I thought Eugene would be a nice, easy going guy. However, to my disappointment, he was a very rigid guy. Basically, he adopted a "take it or leave it" attitude with me. I could not negotiate for any perks in addition to what is already stated in the normal contract. When I mentioned to him the "perks" offered to other couples in this forum, he brushed them off and said that those people had booked way in advance and that Four Seasons no longer offer the perks.

This is not the worst part. What was even more upsetting was that he actually said to me point-blank that he has the "upper-hand" in the negotiation process as the date that I am looking at is considered a popular date. He doesn't have any problem in selling this date to other potential couples. Therefore, he won't budge in offering me any perks even though I had offered to exchange one night's stay and the anniversary dinner etc for the perks.

For a hotel which prides itself highly on its service, I was utterly disappointed with how Eugene had conducted himself. He made me feel that he was out to make a killing outta me. If this is what every other couple gets, I accept it. However, I know for a fact that it was not the case as I know of a friend who had many things waived including the infamous corkage waiver for wines!!

In another similar 5-star hotel that I went to, I had a total oppposite experience. The catering manager at that hotel was not only personable and friendly but he also came across as someone who was genuine and wanted to provide me with the best service that he could possibly give. After experiencing such top-notch service from this other 5-star hotel, I can't help but feel that Four Seasons is over-hyped and that its service is not worth the accolades that it has been awarded with.

Hi beannielum,

I had a similar experience with FS initially too. The catering manager that I spoke too also gave me the same take-it-or-leave-it attitude and the date that I want is not even a popular one. However, I really love the ballroom and I've heard great reviews abt the food & service there. In the end I filed a formal complaint with the hotel and got an apology call, so I decided to go ahead and make my booking as I felt that they've dealt with the matter professionally and take my complain seriously. That was in early 2005. I didn't get any perks too and definitely no corkage waiver. FS is rather well-known for being stingy with extras and it's probably true that they only offer perks long time ago. I guess they know that they're popoular, that's y the attitude.

Maybe you can request for another catering manager to talk to if you like the place..and tell them about your disappointing experience. I think it's worth the try since so many FS brides here have had wonderful experiences & service on their AD there..

tayes

Hi Beannielum,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Although I am not having my AD there but just my ROM, I also realised that FS is strict and sticks to the contract as it is stated. I hope you have found the venue you liked.
happy.gif

Hi Beary *waves*
wink.gif

Hi Sgwestie,
My ROM will be in March, so probably the photos will only be out in April. Share with you then!

hoho03

Hello everyone ! this is my first post on this thread and would just like to seek opinions on the following ideas:
i. has any bride/bride-to-be considered/is considering doing away with the seat covers ? think the chairs look great even their own, kinda 'palatial' feel...ha

ii. has any bride/bride-to-be considered/is considering swopping the desert in the
Chinese menu to the Western desert ?

i'm at the final stage of confirming with Four Seasons, feeling very excited ! . . .Many thanks in advance for sharing!

roidana

Hi Girls, been MIA for quite awhile.. super busy at work..

beannielum, I am sorry to hear about your unhappy experience with Eugene. From my ROM till negotiation of banquet package, i had a good experience with the people, especially with their veyr prompt responses. Personally, i consider that an expected service. I have had other 5 stars hotels replying my emails 4-5 days later and not even bothering to call me back to arrange time to meet up...FS has reputation on being strict with perks, especially with the alcohol related perks. But whatever the case, the catering manager should be tactful in delivering his messages. Would suggest you raise a formal feedback and request for a change in catering manager to bring the discussion further?

Just wanted to share that i had a lovely experience with the service crew on the day of my ROM. I would describe them as professional and very attentive..

Hi Hoho,
If i didnt recall wrongly, you have a choice to switch chinese deserts to western ones..think got to add some money to the package.
happy.gif

cnj06

I just had my tasting for my wedding banquet. They let us try the western dessert even tho we didn't request it.

It was nice but very sweet! Its a chocolate heart with a sweet white cream in the center and cherries with sauce on the side.

Its $2 more per person for the change to the western dessert.

evd

hi J Koh, may I know which menu did you choose? is it the deluxe one or superior one? I am still undecided between the 2 menus

cnj06

We chose the premium menu but changed half the dishes lol!

The lobster salad wasn't fresh and lacks flavour. We changed to suckling pig.

The Deep Fried Seaweed Roll was awful. We replaced it with Wasabi Prawn instead.

The Mee Saw changed to fried one.

Abalone with Sea Cucumber, we changed to extra abalone and no sea cucumber.

I think that's all we changed. LOL. My FIL's quite picky.

cnj06

Does anyone have pics they willing to share of their AD at Four Seasons?

I'd really like to see the black and red settings and the flower 'top up' designs.

[email protected]

Thanks! My wedding coordinator is Georgette. She's quite nice I think. My ROM and banquet will be at FS.

evd

Hi J Koh, I did not realise that you can change the dishes!!!! Lucky you told me. Do you need to top up if you change the menu?

thanks

cnj06

Hi evie!

We didn't need to top up but it depends on what you replace the dish with. Of course if the new dish is more ex. you have to top up.
The chef comes out to talk to you so just be honest and tell him you want to change the dish to xxx if you don't like the original. He's Cantonese so hope you can speak dialect.

hoho03

Hi J Koh, are you changing to the whole suckling pig for all tables or slices to be added to the hot/cold combi ? no top up ?

may i also ask how would you rate the overall food quality i.e above/within/below expectations and would you be taking the western dessert ?

thanks in advance !

evd

Hi J Koh, oh dear....unfortunately I don't speak Cantonese.

Same with Hoho03, what do you think the overall food quality? I am going for the food tasting on the 20th Feb. So love to hear your feedback so I kind of know what to expect. When is your wedding dinner anyway?

hoho03

Hi evie, please do give me your feedback after your food tasting . . . ! i;m having my luncheon on 14 Oct, seems like a long time but i believe i will be happy with the overall service standard but really dunno about food-wise so looking forward to hearing from you and JKoh !

Care to share which theme setting you're going for ? have you considered doing away with seat covers ?

cheers

Hi JKoh,

Can I ask how do u decide on what kind of replacement dish you want? like the wasabi prawn and suckling pig..I mean does the chef provide suggestions and then let u try again? I shld be having my food tasting in a month's time so was wondering how's the process like..esp since I don't speak cantonese =) As for the western dessert, is the chocolate heart the only type available? Thanks!

Hi J Koh,

How will you rate the food afterall?

If anyone has the black and red settings theme for their wedding dinner, can kindly share the photos with me?

Thanks you.

shiro_ger

Hi ladies,

I am interesting in holding my dinner at FS. Just wondering if anyone could forward me a copy of the wedding packages? If possible, could any kind soul please forward me photos of the ballroom? I am expecting abt 300 guests, but duno whether FS can accommodate. The last time my fren asked for their packages, they actually mentioned that the max they can accommodate is 28 tables. My email addy is [email protected]

Thanks a million.

cnj06

I'm sorry to say that the food quality wasn't so good. We were quite disappointed! We chose the premium set since my FIL's quite picky so should be the best right? Family spent most of the dinner complaining. Grandma kept saying most things not fresh and she could cook better.

The chef didn't really make suggestions except for the wasabi prawn. It was mostly talking about what would taste better than what we were eating so ordered that instead! lol
At first we wanted peking duck since FH and I love duck but they say cannot cuz every table need one person to carve the duck and not everybody know how plus too ex. cuz need to hire the staff for each table to slice.

Anyway, the wasabi prawn the chef recommended so he let us taste that dish. He only brought out one plate and we all shared small bit. Wasn't outstanding but better than that fish roll!

We're not taking the western dessert. Too sweet for most people and the chinese dessert quite nice. Also, I'm having a real cake so serving pieces of that as well so western dessert would be too much already. I dunno if other western dessert options are possible. We didn't ask but doesn't hurt to ask! They can only say no.

I think the only limitations are cost and what is provided on the restaurant menu. I don't think they'll invent a whole new dish just for you but you can always ask. Also if a dish you REALLY want is expensive you can always have 8 courses instead of 9 so the total cost is the same. Just need to get rid of one other dish.

Hope that helps!

PS. If anyone has pics to share I'd really appreciate it.

cnj06

Hi all!

Just wanted to say that the service we received from FS is very good. After all the complaining my FMIL did about the food, the hotel offered to redo the food tasting and create different dishes.

Even with all the complaining (which sometimes was a little unreasonable... I thought most dishes were good but maybe my palate not so sophisticated) the hotel never treated us badly. Took all the criticsm with a smile and went out of their way to make things better.

I'm looking forward to my wedding day. With all the nice treatment I'm sure it will be a wonderful day.

For those of you considering the FS, I would definitely recommend!

J Koh,

Nice to hear that the hotel is willing to go an extra mile to make your wedding a memorable one.

Initially, I was worried from the above negative comments that you mentioned about the food. Cos my parents and relatives are very fussy about food.

Now, its a relief to hear from you that at least they are willing to do some improvements.

Can I just check with you, what colour and flowers theme will you be choosing for your dinner?

Thanks for sharing
happy.gif

cnj06

Happy Bride to be,

I'm glad you're not having second thoughts anymore. The food is pretty good. I think at this point my FMIL is just being unreasonable. Plus, I'm learning that it is pretty much customary for her to complain.

We went to Haagen Daaz and she sent icecream back! How?!? Didn't know you can send icecream back.

My family didn't say anything cuz since his family is sponsoring... paiseh!

I don't know what colours I'm using. I'm not very creative so dunno. Was hoping some members would send photos so can see what things look like but so far haven't seen any.

squeaks

Hi J Koh!

Your MIL sounds quite fierce! Is she nice to you? When's your AD?

Reading all the posts, it seems that overall FS is quite nice but can have bad days? I hope my wedding day is a good day!

Happy Bride to be, when's your actual day? what colours are you using?

Hi Squeakers,

My AD is in October 2006. I still have not decided yet. Saw on the threads that there are red and black theme,I hope to take a look on the effects before deciding. I have seen the white and Gold theme before.

Squrakers, when is your AD? How's about you?

hoho03

Hi JKoh, your FMIL might actually have done us a favor by voicing out her feedback which will make the banquet team realize their weaknesses and make improvements and thus benefit future FS brides and guests ! Cheers to JKoh's FMIL !

squeaks

hihi

my AD s Nov. 26. But its going to be a small wedding in the Crescent Ballroom with the ceremony in Windows West. Its not a very popular room though.. Every time we're in town on the weekend, we stop by to see if there is a wedding but there never is.

I've seen the Grand Ballroom and its really nice! I wish I had enough people to fill it but I'm having a mix wedding ( I'm caucasian - or 'ang moh' though I don't really like that term. ) and its too expensive to fly in +100 guests!

J Koh, maybe your MIL just wants to make sure she gets 'value for money'? I know if I was spending that much on food, it had better be the best food I've ever tasted!

I had my food tasting as well, though it was all my FH's family! (I was visiting for Chinese New Year. I found out that its unusual to hold a tasting during this time, so I guess that's just more proof of the good service in FS since its the only time I'd be in S'pore.) We did the same as J Koh, tasted everything and then made some changes. I don't know how the other hotels are, but I think the FS has very good service.

I'm planning my wedding from overseas, AND I'm not used to Chinese wedding traditions. Georgette has been very helpful, answering all my questions and sending pictures to me.

Also, the girls on the other thread for those marrying 'ang moh' have been answering all my questions as well. It's nice to feel so welcome! I'm looking forward to living in Singapore once I'm married.

redpinkroses

Hi Squeakers,

If you need help with your wedding preparations, drop me a line. It must be difficult planning from overseas. I'll be happy to help out
happy.gif

redpinkroses

Hi Squeakers,

If you need help with your wedding preparations, drop me a line. It must be difficult planning from overseas. I'll be happy to help out
happy.gif

Hi Squeakers,

Nice to see you here =) I also wish I have enough ppl to fill the main ballroom! it's really nice right...but i'll be broke if i have to fly in an extra 100 ppl =P

U had ur food tasting already? my AD is in July and my coordinator hasnt informed me when I should have the tasting done.

Actually, can anybody tell me how far in advance should the tasting be and when does ur coordinator call u to collect invites, decide the table setup & flowers, etc? Coz my coordinator never called me at all since I signed up last year...

squeaks

Hi Beary,

Going to be on this thread from now on. Anyway, I think you should just call georgette and tell her when you want your tasting. That's what I did.

She told me when there would be weddings in the Crescent but its always after I leave town! I guess I'll just have to make my visits longer.. heehee.

I also wouldn't depend on someone to make sure things were done promptly unless I was paying them to do that. I don't think Georgette is worried about the details as much.

schnauzie

Hi Beary,
if i recall correctly, Eugene told me the norm is 3-2-1. three months to contact u to collect invite and other arrangements. 2 months before wedding for food tasting and 1 month before to confirm number of tables or sthg.

Hi squeakers & schnauzie,

Thanks =) I guess I should give FS a call and ask them about these things...make sure that everything's done on time and correctly, instead of depending on them to tell me when to come down. Sometimes I just don't feel very nice to call them repeatedly to ask things...don't wanna sound too fussy..heee...