Four Seasons Hotel

schnauzie

Hi roidana,
actualli i also havent decided what I want as my wedding is still a long way..can i do the negotiation (do u mean like swap items etc?) nearer the date?
wat other stuff can i negotiate for? can i ask for more parking coupon? i heard they are strict in not giving waiver of cockage?

roidana

Hi Schnauzie,

I heard that they can be quite flexible in terms of swapping of items (menu, logistics etc).. Not verified yet coz i have not tried and tested it. :p

What i suggest is that if you have requests for things more that what is stated in the contract (like more parking coupons/wedding invitation etc), do voice it out upfront and hear what your coord says?

But they are really strict in terms of alcoholic beverages and corkage charges... so guess you can give up on that..
happy.gif

tayes

Hi Roidana,
Guess sg westie must be enjoying the holidays now! Just pop by the say Congratulations, and have fun too!
smile.gif

Happy New Year everyone!

ahcapp

Happy New Year every one here!!!

I just went down to Four Seasons Ballroom yesterday to view a wedding lunch setting. It's really very nice. Just what my hubby and I like! We also collected our invitations and went to T Dragon to select our printing. T Dragon is very professional and experienced so far. So we bascially just paid our deposit on the spot and passed them our cards. Another item ticked off my checklist so now we can concentrate on getting furniture for our new house.

Hi Roidana,

Thank you for your info. I'll see what I am going to do with the wine. *headache*

Yes, I still want to know about renting a projector... Anyone has any info?? thank you in advance!

jimmygo

hi all ladies!

happy new year! how are you all doing? b4 i reply and account for my disapperance.. let me share my AD evening pics...
happy.gif

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8YcMWjhw5eL

jimmygo

hi rodiana,

i forgot how powerful is the projector... but i'm checking for you now. yes, FS will assist you to setup the projector. generally, the location recommended by them will allow your projector to optimise screen usage.

hi ahcapp,

my recommendation is to take FS's wine. unless u can get their corkage waiver... no point. we took their wine at the end of the day... no complaints from guests...

hi schnauzie,

pls say hi to eugene on our behalf the next time you meet him though...
happy.gif
which pictures are you looking at? the ballroom setup?

cheryl_sue

Hi all,
Finally confirmed the date with FS last week, before the end of 2005!!
happy.gif
Phew!
Just popped in to wish you all HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

schnauzie

hello everyone,
happie new yr! confirmed my date with FS last sat..last day of 05 with Eugene..he is such a sweet guy..;)

hey sgwestie!
FS will allow ur pooch to bunk in ur room? i also wanna brng my pooches in! did they allow or u smuggle ur furkid in? your pictures are lovely! ;) both of u look so happie and radiant, thks for sharing the pics!

count

sgwestie,
thanks for sharing! ur pics are great! ur wife's EG colour is very striking and appropriate for a bride, cos it ensures tt everyone will notice her! and she is so slim! wow! sure u all had an enjoyable dinner at FS! =)

ahcapp

Hi Alexis,

Happy New Year to ya! May your new year be filled with happiness and all things wonderful! =)

I am only left with 2.5months till my big day. How time flies. =) Been busy looking for furniture and electrical appliances over the long weekend. We still need a sofa, a TV, a washing machine (more or less confirmed on an Ariston already) and a fridge! *shake head* Never spent so much before in my life..hahahaha

I got my photos from O Studio in the CD rom already. No time to upload onto the web for u to see yet. I am just S..L..O..W =P Will update u again once it's done.

Wanted to ask if you know any contacts for renting a projector. I am scouting around for one =( Also, wine.. Might just take sgwestie 's advice and take Four Seasons' in house brand since I don't have any corkage waiver. How about u?

Hi Sgwestie,

Thank you for your feedback. I am not a wine drinker so i really know nuts about wine. Might take their in house wine if I can't get something cheaper but equally good...

aleixis

Hey Cappy,

happy.gif
Happy Happy New Year! It will certainly be a memorable year for you this year!
happy.gif

On the projector, i didnt rent a projector for my wedding AD as we decided not to do any video screenings. So sorry...dont have any lobangs for you. Sorrie!

For the wine, we also took Four Seasons wine (red and white wine). I dont think it is their "in-house" brand. They just stocked up on certain brands of wine. We took the Australian red and white wine. Cannot remember the name though. The corkage charges were too high and it saved us some hassle in trying to source for our own wine. Also, the quality of the wine was pretty good....had good comments from guests. So, my advice would be to just go for their wine.
happy.gif

I know that i have been very slow but i have really been trying to upload the photos into the online album. Hope to share it with you this week.
happy.gif
Will email you separately.
happy.gif
Cant wait to see yours!

Sounds like you are having fun with the furniture and electrical appliances shopping! Luckily, there were 2 long weekends for you to do those shopping huh? For the washing machine, i like Ariston too. In fact, i like Ariston fridge as well.
happy.gif

Talk to you soon!

jimmygo

hi cheryl and schnauzie,

great to hear you ladies signing up with four seasons. rest assured that it'll be the perfect location and your detail needs will be atken care of.

schnauzie, thanks for your compliments. FS allows 1 pooch in your room. provided its less than 7 pounds and you'll have to inform them in advance. u'll also need to sign a letter agreeing to the T&Cs. but its the only hotel in singapore that allows pets. thus, my loyalty will be there for sure...
happy.gif

count,
thanks for your compliments. yes, i admit she look beautiful that day. now i agree woman look their best on wedding day... and i'm sure u'll be one too yeah
happy.gif

hi ahcapp,

haha... me looking at ariston kitchen pdts too... looking at their electric hobs and ovens.

like what alexis mentioned, FS doesn't carry house brands. however, they've a varied selection of US, s.america, aussie wines. i've previously listed them and the recommendations in my earlier posting. u may wish to search for it in FS thread to get some suggestion.

jimmygo

hi cheryl and schnauzie,

great to hear you ladies signing up with four seasons. rest assured that it'll be the perfect location and your detail needs will be atken care of.

schnauzie, thanks for your compliments. FS allows 1 pooch in your room. provided its less than 7 pounds and you'll have to inform them in advance. u'll also need to sign a letter agreeing to the T&Cs. but its the only hotel in singapore that allows pets. thus, my loyalty will be there for sure...
happy.gif

count,
thanks for your compliments. yes, i admit she look beautiful that day. now i agree woman look their best on wedding day... and i'm sure u'll be one too yeah
happy.gif

hi ahcapp,

haha... me looking at ariston kitchen pdts too... looking at their electric hobs and ovens.

like what alexis mentioned, FS doesn't carry house brands. however, they've a varied selection of US, s.america, aussie wines. i've previously listed them and the recommendations in my earlier posting. u may wish to search for it in FS thread to get some suggestion.

schnauzie

oooh tts so good..7 pounds....my's a miniature schnauzer..8 kg... maybe keke..but i got 2! guess both of them gotta stay at home then.

cheryL: so ur wedding's on 17 mar 07?

wonderabout

Hi,
I'm new to SB, intend to hold banquet either end 2006 or early 2007 at Four Season and quite relief to hear compliments on them.

Seniors, could anyone pls email me your wedding photos so that i can view to decide which bridal shop to sign up? Many thanks !!

wonderabout

so sorry,

i think i forgot to give my email...should i leave it here or private msg anyone of u? sorry, quite new & ignorant to forum....

jimmygo

hi wonderabout,

there are many gd bridal studios ard with each having their own strengths. here are some of the commonly known ones which you can consider...

(a) Ted Wu
(b) Sil
(c) TY

ahcapp

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for your reply. Pls forgive me for not replying your email on time. I know you asked me some questions. =) The pictures from the card was from www.marthastewart.com at the weddings section. The idea of this card came from my best buddy.

As to the wine, I think I might just save the hassle and get it direct from Four Seasons. Being a non-wine drinker, I really don't know anything about wine. Also, if I were to get an external party for the wine, I still need to worry about buying too many and the corkage I need to pay.

No worries about the projector, I will look around some more. If no time left, I will just get from Four Seasons.

Ariston having sale till this Fri (6 Jan 06). I am looking at their washing machine which has about $100 discount per machine. I think can get it. I nearly want to make a deposit yesterday, but decided to discuss with my hubby-to-be again first.

I am more or less on track now. =) So glad that I started my wedding planning early! hhehehe.. email u more stuff thru email

ahcapp

Hi sgwestie (jimmygo),

If you like Ariston, do try to catch it during the sale which is only till this Fri (6 Jan 06). The washing machine is about $100 discount off per machine, I think it's worth looking. But I didn't notice about the hob n cooker though. Hmm.. But I remember if you buy a certain amount of products, you will get some vouchers for other Mayer stuff. Do check it out =)

Yes, I will search for your previous post about the wine. Thank you! =)

roidana

Sgwestie,

That explains your nick... your westie... hhaha...
Thanks for sharing your pics.

1) Thanks for helping me check on the projector..

2) You upgraded your flowers along the aisle? Have you considered the other floral upgrades? i am drooling over them esp the ones at the recept... but it's ex..

3) It's a good idea to keep the flowers on the tables for the whole dinner, else wasted...

4) Did you consider the red/black setting? I went down couple of times to view it.. unique, but... dont know leh.. comments?

5) Lucky guy! your recept table outside the recept area... I loveee the feel of the recept table placed outside.. so nice, esp if the guest walk up from the steps... i have to keep fingers crossed that the samller ballroom isnt booked on that day.. hehe...

hahaha.. so many questions... FS was great during my solemnisation. their crew was extremely attentive and the hi tea food was good (reviews from my guest). Looking forward to the dinner man....

wonderabout

Hi sgwestie,

Thanks for your advise, but i think Ted Wu is of the high end range, may i know what is sil & ty ?
Seems that yours is a wonderful perfect wedding, can u share with me your wedding photo pls?
May i know what is the min and max tables of FS ? Thanks very much !

jimmygo

hi rodiana,

haha... yeah.. that explains my nick. she's like a daughter to me.
happy.gif

1) the projector is 1800 lumens.
2) yes, we upgraded the flowers along the aisle. initially we did upgrades in the foyer area also. but scaled it down after some consideration. yes, recp was upgraded also. haha... let me tell you... we visited FS almost every wkend nearing our AD. Its infectious to see other AD upgrades! and when u look at the basic setup.. you'll start shaking your head.. :p
3) FS will keep the table centrepiece throughout the whole evening. the only time they remove it temporary is when the sharksfin dish is served... if u intend to have one.
4) we did consider the red/black combi. it really looks glam! but thinking that our parents and guests may have traditional mental models... we played safe. but of cse... your children can do a red/black in future if you tell them its ok.
5) yes, we really prayed nobody booked Crescent that evening... really makes the whole place yours...

no worries abt Qs. i'm glad to answer. the only payback is pics.. haha... GST absorbed...
happy.gif

hi schnauzie,

we did top-ups at recep. but not literally on the table. if you want to.. they've it too. if you look at my pics again.. the top up was those on the floor area beside the sign-in table.

hi wonderabout,

Sil=Silhouette
TY= Tan Yoong

you may also consider divine couture.

thanks for the compliments.
happy.gif
mine is a wonderful wedding.. i must say. but it ain't perfect. there will be bound to hv some last min issues.. but yr planning can go into detail so to minimise such problems.

my wedding pics link is given in the earlier posting. can you refer from there?

which ballroom are you referring to for the table limit?

watashi

hi gals.. i just had wedding @ FS last wkend, so hope i can be of some help to u gals here.

Had 28 tables in the grand ballroom and i used the black & red table setting.. most guests commented its very unique and goes well with the red roses. FS really have a team of very experience banquet crew, no complains on the service too...

the flowers on the table will be remove for the 1st & 2nd dish, t/a the waitress will bring it back to the table.

As for the wine,i took from FS coz its not quite worth it to get a cheaper wine of lower quality from outside and pay the corkage.. The cheapest wine they have on the list is Tyrell Moores's Creek Cabernet Sauvignon..most guests commented tat its quite good. (think NTUC is selling this wine @ $20+ per btl, can go get 1 and try
happy.gif

wonderabout

Hi sgwestie,

oh yes, juz got it, sorry, i didn't know that was the link, malu !!
happy.gif

oh, ur wife is so sweet & so slim!! She look gorgeous !! And...both of u hv "fu qi xiang" :D
may i know how many ballrooms FS hv? we hv abt 27 tables.

jimmygo

Hi roidana n schnauzie

Made a mistake. the recept area was the std one, i.e. the roses that's on the table. we only upgraded the aisle's 6 flower pieces. Each upgraded set will consist of 1 standing piece n 1 floor piece.

roidana

Hi Sg westie,

for $35, the upgrade is worth it.. (didnt notice the floor piece at first till you mentioned)..
happy.gif

The floral top ups is really tempting.. been to one set up few 1-2 mths ago, red/black combi, excessive floral top ups (including 4 overhanging ones from the ceiling). other than "beautiful", what else can i say... *dream*

watashi, thanks for sharing your experience! was your AD on a sunday? i think i was there and they were setting up the red/black theme!
happy.gif

memechan

Ah capp,

Are u cappy? nice to see you there! im meme
happy.gif
from Hong Kong esdlife..still remember me? i have been searching hotel for banquet... want to book GCW..but also consider four season.. how 's your wedding preparation?

Hi everybody,

Sgwestie, i noticed that you used placecards is it? I was considering to use them but i'm a bit worried that the guests won't like to be told exactly where to sit..

tayes

Hi Roidana,
Congrats on your ROM solemnization, and I am glad to hear that everything went well. Would it be possible to share with me your photos?
happy.gif

jimmygo

hi beary,

yes, we created our own placards and wedding favors. no worries abt making your guests unhappy.

in fact, our guests were suprised when they went into the ballroom. it personalise the whole event for them. most of our guests kept the customised favors after the dinner.

ahcapp

Hi Astrogirl (astrogirl),

T Dragon is located at excelsior shopping centre, colman street, #03-13. Tel 62928338 or 6335761.

I have recieved the 1st draft from them already. =)

ahcapp

Hi memechan,

Yes, this is Cappy here. So happy to see u here. Happy New Year to you ah! Wow, when was the last time I logged onto to esdlife??? Yes, I sure remember you. I do think of you sometimes, wondering when will u be coming over to Singapore =)

I have not been very active online for quite a while as I was searching for a house at that time. I think if I were to go back there now, people might forget who am I already =P

How are you doing? Are u in Singapore now? I am soo excited for you! =)) Don't mind I ask how many tables are you looking at? Because the Four Seasons ballroom can fit max 32 tables while the Crescent Ballroom can fit 12 tables. But try to drop by at the hotel to feel the atmosphere and discuss with them your wedding needs. I am sure they can work out something for you =)

If you are considering Four Seasons, I recommend Mr Ho to you. He is the assistant director of catering. He is very professional and good. Give him a call direct at 68317211. He has been working in Hongkong Regent Hotel (for quite a few years) before he came back to Singapore. This will be a good advantage as he can speak fluent cantonese and knows the Hongkonger's wedding practices much better than I! heheheheh

I am currently sorting out the finer details for my wedding as well as furniture for my new house. =) Not much time left! btw, I will be going back to Hongkong for a simple dinner on 20 May (Sat) for my Hongkong relatives. My father has booked the Maxim resturant at Shatin already. Just a small and simple dinner that's all =)

Sorry but I don't have your email. Drop me a email at [email protected] if you need any help! Reach me thru email is more reliable =P

Have a great day ahead!

Btw, I have asked my Hongkong uni friend to be one of my "sisters" on my wedding. She'll represent my Hongkong heritage =)

memechan

Hi cappy,
Very happy to see u here..I sent u an email
happy.gif

Thank you for your info about FS.. Did u choose any special songs for your wedding ? Will u have slide show for your wedding picture?
Have a good weekend!

ahcapp

Hi memechan,

u got mail! =) Check your email!

Songs? Not yet ah! I think i will be one of those last min brides. I am currently looking at wedding favours, trying to get my wedding invitations draft confirmed and basically, looking for furniture and electrical appliances for my new houes.

I will like to have a slide show at my wedding. But I need to source for cheaper projector than the one from FS. If I can't find it, I will get the on from FS then. =)

Hi Everyone,

I'n new here. We have also signed up with Four Seasons. I'm quite happy to hear the good comments that most people have for the hotel.

Can anyone email me the black and red table setting, just curious to know the effects? My email address [email protected]

wonderabout

Hi sgwestie,

Good morning, i've share wif my FH and he agreed that ur photographer is good, and both of u looks great on ur wedding. Mind to share who is ur photographer and can u advise us some other good choices juz in case ur photographer had taken up by others?

How about ur videographer ? Is he good ?

Can pls share the charges for the above 2 ? Many thanks !!

jimmygo

hi wonderabout,

thanks for the compliments from you guys! i agree that my photographer skills is good also. he is Dr tan ngiap heng from The Pond Photography. Other photographers whom you guys can consider are:

- 39 East
- Andrew Choi
- Black Box
- Photo Language

of course you can consider other reputable photographers also as each has his/her individual styles. its a subjective issue and you may find some others better than us. my suggestion is to visit 1-2 photo studios to get an idea of what u guys want. afterwhich, identify 3-4 more for a visit. afterwhich, choose from there. by your 3rd studio visit, you guys would roughly know what type of shooting style suits you and whether they can give you the comfort level to work with.

my videographer is fabian lim. he's great! simply love him for providing the romantic type of express highlights.

you may wish to contact the service providers directly for their latest pricing. as we've secured their pricing at 2004, it may have changed.

redpinkroses

Hi everyone, I'm going to hold my reception at FS too. Hope that I'll learn more from others in this thread.

watashi
May I have a look at your photos please? I'm curious to see what the red and black table setting looks like?

Ah Capp
Can you please help with some questions on printing. What card from the FS did you choose? How much does T-dragon charge. I want to print directly on whatever card. Don't whether it's possible.

sgwestie
That's a great idea to check out actual set-ups on weekends. Guess I should be a little hardworking too
happy.gif

wonderabout

hi sgwestie,

Thanks so much for your advise, and i believe we can trust ur recommendation since u've been involved alot in searching these for a perfect wedding...u've indeed help alot of blur btb...thanks !
happy.gif