Fengshui Master

saliva

HI Ah Zhi,

I am interested to engage master Wang for his service.

Did u meet up with master b4 he goes to your new home to give advice? Does he require info like u and yr spouse ba zi?

Cos checked with some masters, they just said that will come st to our home without have a 1st apt. Then how would they give specific advice based on ba zi of couples. Unless they give generic advice wh is applicable to everyone.

Tks for sharing.

pagemilk

hi zenie,

Wang shifu is the one that help me & my HB for our AD...So kind of meet up b4. when our second visit to get the timing den we saw Byran Wong ter for his new condo fengshui..

so we oso KPO a bit and ask him how he charge...we actually tot is v.Expensive but actually is quite okie...lucky is not ex.

From wat i noe is Wang shifu need to go to ur hse and u need to provide him with ur hse floor plan and family member 'ba zi'.

During the first visit he will provide you with a little bit fengshui arrangement ideas.

Den you need to visit him to get a very comprehensive report on ur hse fengshui & he will explain in detail.You can ask him question & he will answer accordingly...a very friendly shifu..dun worry he wld't ask you to buy things fr him...unless you could't find the fengshui thing den you can ask him where to get it...so you go urself & buy urself...jus like ikea do it urself is cheaper..haha

pinkhippo2002

my fengshui master is Andrew Tan

he is very modern & practical, didn't ask us to hang those water fall painting or feng shui looking stuff

my house is modern contemporary theme, blend in very well even though it's a feng shui compliance house

pagemilk

hi Jaz,

you could reach wang shifu thru the following address... oh you need to call to make appointment...hopefully this is useful to you

Wang shifu contact:
Hong Tai Ge
#03-33 golden landmark [opposite raffles hospital]
tel: 62956824

pagemilk

hi breathe,,,

it depend on the size of ur flat. are you living in HDB flat?? & hw many rm??

i onli know that for 3rm is $388, 4rm is $488 & 5rm is $588... the rest i not too sure lah...maybe you can call & ask... : )

shirleychin

Hi gals

Im planning to move into my new house in year 2007... was looking for a fengshui master for advise and also some renovation advise.... anyone to intro???

lucida

Hi Ah Zhi,

I just called Hong tai Ge and heard from the assistant that he will only go to our house once and we have to go down to office to get the report - is your case also like that?

I'm abit tempted to go to Deng Shi Fu (heard he's Wang shi fu teacher..) as Deng Shi Fu will come to our house 3 times.

What do you think? Any advice whcih to choose?

pagemilk

hi Lyn,,

for my case oso one visit to the hse, second visit to the shop...shifu will tell you in detail so dun haf to wrry. if you reali got problem can alway ask him or call him directly...

I suggest you better dun go to deng shifu coz i oso know him... he is onli wang shifu business partner & he know very little thing abt fengshui & due to wang shifu leaving...he no choice but to run the business himself...& more visit to the hse does't mean more experience...

btw wang shifu master is from thailand...if you go to his shop you can see his master photo..i guess fengshui is very impt...somemore Bryan Wong fengshui oso done by him.

lucida

Hi Ah Zhi, Thanks for your advice. AM considering another shi fu also that I read from another post - Master Ang - heard of him?? Or anyone heard of this shi fu??

tassiea

Hi,
After reading this forum, even with just 1 of you recommending each shifu, we went to the area and tried to look for Deng Shifu and Wang Shifu's respective shops to have a look.

In the end, couldn't find Deng Shifu's shop and decided on Wang Shifu.

Its more of personal reasons. Somehow, personally, I feel more comfortable to see the shop first, at least to assure myself.
I actually wanted to go down to Master Cecil Lee's place to see too but when we called him, he says he's always moving around and end up we didn't get to meet him.

Secondly is cost. I had actually requested a couple of quotes from other Fengshui masters, but they turned out to be real ex, i.e. $888 and $1088. My flat is an EA.

And so, Wang shifu came down to my new house already (spent about 2 hrs there) and we will be seeing him again 1 more time at his shop this week. We'll see then if there is any purchase required.

I find some of the things he said different from what I always know, but as pple always say, since you engage FS master, must listen to what he says, else why in the 1st place did you engage him for. So we'll try as much as possible to follow what he said.

Fengshui, in the end, is just a means to give you peace of mind. Agree?

lucida

Hi Tassie, Did Wang Shifu use "lo pan"? What is your impression of his shop and his explanation or attitude?

tassiea

Hi Lyn,
Wang Shifu did bring something like a luo pan, but only to check the direction of the house, where it sits and face. Which is my husband's and my favourable direction.
I suspect it serves more as a compass cos later he put the directions on the floor plan instead and use the floor plan from then on.
His shop is pretty decent, although the shopping centre it is at is the very old-time kind.
His attitude is good, not the high and mighty you-must-listen -to-me type, quite humble for a Shifu. Cos the day he came, he helped us to buy the fruits and incense for "dong tu" when we say we dunno how to buy.
His explanation can be understood quite easily, I mean you can further ask if you dun understand, he is quite ok. I got more questions to ask after seeing my ID, I will ask tomorrow when I meet him.

saliva

Hi Tassie,

So u met up wang Shifu before he came to your place? What are the information he requires?

When he visited your place, is it the 1st time u enter your house after getting the keys?

Was thinking when we consult FS master, is it advisable to get him to come to our place the 1st time we enter or does it not matter(i.e after the 1st time we enter)?

Tks for sharing.

saliva

Hi,

those who have engaged wang shifu for his service,
how long does the entire consultation (his visit to your place) last?

What are the charges for 4 room and 5 room flat?

tassiea

Hi Zenie,
Prior to his visit to our flat, we only made an appt at his shop, saw his face but never talk to him then.

When he came, it was not the 1st time we opened the door, but I do suppose u could ask him what are the procedures if you are opening the door for the 1st time.

As for your 3rd qn, I really dunno. I just go by my gut feel.

Per my last post, his visit was approx 2 hrs, including "dong tu".
Then last Sat ,we went to his office and we stayed there for another 1 hr to recap what he said the other day when he was at our flat and collected a floor plan with the fengshui layout. Some of the things slightly differs from what he said that day but generally it still stands. I guess there are many approaches to 1 issue.

The charges for mine was $588.

Hope it helps.

saliva

Hi Tassie.

Tks for sharing. What did master ask u to purchase? Was thinking wld master advise us to purchase a few FS ornaments or paintings.
Quite concern cos may result in the hse theme too "china".

Any difference in the charges for 5 rm and EA?

wat did he draw on the floorplan? The layout of furniture?

tassiea

Hi Zenie,
He didn't ask us to buy anything in the end though he did mention that day when he came over that we should get certain ornaments for certain parts of the flat.

I dunno about the difference in charges for 5 room and EA cos I dint ask.

He drew the directions and the layout of furniture as recommended and where are the areas that you must have lights installed and the "wealth position" etc.

We also got the dates and procedures for shift-in as well although its for the next half of the year.

I heard from a fren that there is this other school of fengshui thought is the "flying star" one, which the house /individual ( not too sure) fengshui changes every few years. Think the Master Cecil Lee website did mention.

But just like I mentioned earlier, engaging fengshui is just for peace of mind. If it can really change our destiny and make us wealthy for example, would the fengshui masters still need to work?
This is just my personal opinion, no offence to the anybody out there.

saliva

Hi Tassie,

Wat are the things that we need to provide to wang shifu on his 1st visit? Did he ask for your BA ZHI or birthdate? Will he advise the necessary direction for bed/hob etc. on the 1st visit or 2nd visit?

Thanks for sharing.

tassiea

Hi Zenie,

He came to the house only once.

He only asked for our birthdates. Think if its not just the 2 of you going to stay in the house, also need to provide all the rest's birthdates.

Yes, he gave us the direction for the bed and the hob on his visit. Think this is usually the main area of concern for most.

tiara_jj

Hi All

After reading the threads, I was a bit confused. Is Deng Shi fu or Wang Shi fu better?

I went to Deng Shi fu's shop to get AD dates. But found that the shop has a lot of Buddhist statues which are daunting.

Some of the fengshui masters do not have religious statues in their offices.

Does the price of the master differ in terms of the quality and expertise of consultation? Is price dependent on quality advice?

Deng Shi Fu prices are reasonable. He charges S$488 for 5 room flat. But just want to make sure he is really good in what he is doing. Any positive feedback on Deng's shi fu's clients that they feel good staying in their new fengshui house? I need to quickly seek 1 fengshui master soon.

ttyy

I hv seen Deng shifu for my AD selection. but did not find him to be frenly, and approachable, and was 'stingy' when replies when i asked some questions.. hmm..

but maybe give him the benefit of doubt - think i may engage him for my home again..

saliva

Hi Tasie,

Do you have to do any major reno for your hse upon Master's advice? or just simple "remedy" like placing ornaments in certain corners to improve/negate postive/negative qi?

If additional cost required if u call him /meet him up after yr consultation to clarify any doubts?

saliva

Hi Tassie,

Did shifu provide u the auspiscious date to move in? (Is that part of the package)

What about the procedures of moving in? He shared that with u on your 2nd visit?

Could u share with me.

pinklilies

Hi zenia,
i had engaged wang shifu for my AD date as well as the fengshui of my new home..

He came to my place the first time for the TONG TU ceremony,and he will look at my place,and the whole thing last for abt nearly 2 hrs..

After he did the drawing of what are the things to avoid and to be placed in the house,he will ask me to go down to his shop to pass me the drawing,and explain it to me before i carry out the renovation..

So i started my house reno nearly one mth later after getting the drawing from him..Recently,i just went back to him and ask him for the prcedures of moving in since my house reno will be done in another 2 weeks time..

This time,shifu will pick a few auspicious dates for me to choose,there will be timing for me too.So for the date which i had choose from,i will need to XIE TU,and can just stay there once i had finish the ceremony..

saliva

Hi sherryl,

Thanks for sharing. Did u go and consult master after your renovation has completed?

U mentioned that u went to consult him on the date and time to move in (ceremony known as XIE TU?). Is that part of the package or have to pay additional after the 2 times consultation?

pinklilies

Hi zenia,
well,my reno will be done in two weeks time,,and i went to consult the master only last sat,so as to as him for an auspicious date to shift in as well as to ask him what are the things to be done on that particular date of moving in..

Well,he didnt get us to pay for the picking of aspicious date,but i just gave him a hongbao as i got him to write some chinese wording to be pasted on the beam of the entrance(fengshui purpose)

pinklilies

hi zenie,
it is best to get round table..This is what my fengshui master had told me to..
Just like the word goes YUAN YUAN MAN MAN..

That is why i am having a headache of where to get the round table,where in the market all are like either long table or oval..
Oval table is fine too,but not long table..

Round tables are harder to find,either too small or not nice etc..

saliva

Hi Sherryl,

Wat about the material of the dining table?

Was thinking of wooden rectangular(shaven corners) table? Can?

Round table hard to layout the furniture leh. headache!!

pinklilies

zenie,
well as long as the table top is not made of glass and it will be fine..

Same thinking as mine,round table indeed is abit hard to arrange the furniture.I had been trying to source for small and unqiue round dinning table,but...
It seems so hard..

popeye_gal

hi all,

anyone can PM me the address of Deng shifu, Wang shifu and Master Cecil Lee website or address....
thinking of getting one of them....

pinklilies

Zenie,
yes,my fengshui master wang shifu did mentioned that oval table is fine as long as it is not rectangular or even glass table top..
I did checked with him in case we dont want any round table,how abt oval,he said no problem.

So when u engaging wang shifu to do the fengshui of ur place?

saliva

sherryl,

have consulted him. He mentioned that advisable to buy round table. But I plan to buy rectangualr one leh (eaiser to layout furniture)

Did u call him after yr 2 times consultation to ask abt your queries?

so u went to meet him up for his advice of the date and procedures of moving in after that?

zacey

hi zenie,

i ahve also engaged Wang Shifu for my fengshui consultation... he is very nice and i have been bugging him even after my 2 times consultations. he was quite obliging...
he has told me to look for him once my reno is completed so that he can give me the move in date etc...

pinklilies

zenie,
i had called him more than 2 times after the consultation..He told me that anything i dont understand can call him up and check..

In fact,i felt quite paiseh,as after the consultation,i called him qagain and again,as i am still as blur as b4..

Ok,after i finish doing my house reno,i called him up again and went down to his shop to check with him the procedures for the moving in,at the same time check with him what are the things to buy for XIE TU..
He didnt charge me any $$$ at all this time round..
He gave me a few auspicious dates to choose from,in the end i choose the one on the 15th april 2007,which is this coming sunday.

saliva

Hi Sherryl,

Wat is XIE TU? i only know TONG XU , a cermony to symbolize the start of the renovation.

Do u mean that after the renovation or when u plan to move in your furniture is completed must hav another ceremony/ritual?

So if u hav doubts, do u talk to master directly or his "assistant" -receptionist?

saliva

Hi Sherryl,

Can u share me with how did u explain to your contractor the exact auspiscious location of your hob (stove) when master has given u only the drawing?

Do agaration? or using compass?

pinklilies

Hi zenie,
sorry for the late reply,
well,when u need to open ur house(first time)then u will tong tu,and will be the start of ur house reno..
Therefore,after ur house reno is done,u have to give thanks,meaning to Xie Tu..The items to buy for xie tu is the same for what u bought for dong tu..

For wang shifu,he will give me a date to move in and to xie tu together.So once u perform the xie tu ceremony,u can stay there already..
He told me that my furniture can go in first b4 the xie tu and move in date(e.g 15th april)

To make it more clearly,let say u are moving in on the 15th april(date given by shifu)this shall be the date of ur xie tu and to stay there already..
For furniture wise,u can arrange it to be delivered a few days b4 is fine.

If i have any qn,i will normally call his hp,but he is always busy,therefore his wife will pick up the call for him and pass my message to him..He will call me back once he is free..

Well,shifu will use the compass to see the direction of where the house is standing and he will write down on the spot what are the things that are good for u and ur husband..

After some draft explanation,he will go back and do a drawing for u,and ask u to go down and see him one week later..

the shifu must give the exact measurements from the wall for the stove so that u can get ur contractor to do for u..
For mine is abt 33inches from wall to the stove.Therfore i follow closely and told my contractor to do my kitchen cabinet based on that..

zacey

wah.. sherryl.. your stove depth so deep?? master wang said mine need 27inches... the ID already headache cos may have lots of wastage when cutting materials for the cabinets...

zacey

i took my ID to check on my flat yesterday...
he said no beam leh.. so can save on the 2 inches.. hee... i will call master wang to check again.. heee

fatfish

Hi Sherryl,
Do you mind to share the mobile phone no. of Wang Shifu?
I will be collecting the key for my flat in May.
Hope to do things right from begining. Rather than correcting the error later on.
Thanks.

pinklilies

Hi popeye gal,
round table is better for me based on wang shifu,i am not too sure will it be the same for others..

As for glass top,it is said to believe that by having a glass top on the dinner table,it seems that u are eating urself up on the table made of glass..

Hi fatfatfish,
Oh well,i will search for the namecard of wang shifu and PM u on next tues or wed,as i wont be having any internet access until next week..
Thanks..

tiara_jj

Hi Ladies

Just engaged Wang Shifu for my flat's fengshui. Wanted to find out if those who engaged Wang Shifu's services, will he advise different colours for different rooms and living room? Because my friend's fengshui master told her different colors are suitable for different rooms.

I wanted to maintain a colour theme in the house. Just wanted to make sure the house dont look obiang. Hee