Feel unwell after drinking coffee

bladers

does anyone feel unwell like dizzy, feel like vomitting after drinking coffee?

i have the above problems...can anyone tell why..caffaine?

joannelps

hi
this happen to me if i have an overdose of coffee.
or maybe the coffee is too strong for me.
i will even feel that my heart beats much faster than ever and end up shivering away..

ginn

Me too! will feel dizzy too after drinking a cup... yah, think caffaine is prob too strong for me.. coz i dun usually drink coffee..

Do u gals drink coffee regularly since young?

sakurasan

I drink 2 cups of coffee a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. BUT I can't drink at night - I'll feel nauseous and start throwing up. Weird.

oraia

hello girls,

i think it's cos the coffee that u are taking is too strong.
happy.gif

esp. if u take on empty stomach.

heart palpitations etc. i think is a common thing if the caffeine is too strong for u.

bladers

yes joanne!

these happen to me too...i shiver a lot and the heartbeat beatss v. fast... then feel like throwing up, and feel weak...

Got to believe ai am really allergic to coffee...the caffaeine's v. strong.

wld stick to drinking ribena
happy.gif

iluydia

louica

i do experience that as well. i only drink iced mocha not really coffee coffee...keke

spinelli's ice coffee is too strong for me so yeah I get headache and sometimes feel like throwing up after that.

actually i drink tea every morning but when I go cafes etc, i go for iced mocha usually with icecream so it is not so bad : P

kit_k

When i don't drink coffee, i will have headache... similar to migraine where i feel dizzy, pain and nauseated.

Withdrawal symtoms due to excessive drinking of kopi?

meixue

When i drink coffee, i feel like throwing up and i'll have a headache. This is the same for those bubble milk tea.

louica

hi people,

i just did some reading on the internet, it says that it is quite common for many ppl to experience headache after drinking kopi, so i dun think we're abnormal or wat. also, when we drink alcohol and haf hangovers the next morning, drinking kopi in excess causes dehydration as well, which will worsen the headache. so i think the solution is to dilute the kopi, or drink some water b4 drinking kopi on empty stomach. hope it helps, im going to test out tmr when i start my day, hehe..

tweety_bird

Hi all,

Though I have those symptoms which all of u mentioned, I still can't resist coffee. Esp when I smell the wonderful aroma... :p After drinking then feel unwell, sigh.
sad.gif

ivory

wah... so many ppl having problems with kopi ah...

for me i dunno whether its bcos i started training young or wat.. i've been drinking kopi-o since 5-6 yrs old
happy.gif
yeah rite.. kopi-o oni, cannot drink with creamer at all.. lost all the taste n aroma..

but i dun have excessive cravings for caffaine
happy.gif
sometimes i can go without it for 2-3 days.. somedays i can down 5-6cups in 1 day... crazy me...
proud.gif

louica

tried and tested this morning: downed 1 cup of water, ate bread, then kopi. no headache. when i was younger and burned midnite oil, i drank like 3-4 cups a nite n din haf headache, so i reckon that its got to do with the empty stomach thing..

demio

hi ladies... u can try drinking decaf and u'll know if caffeine is the real culprit... or try switching a brand of coffee powder... it may well be some other ingredients of that particular brand that caused the symptoms... most of those sounds pretty common coffee-related ones.. but dizziness seems rather weird.. juz my 2 cent worth..

postpet2

Hi girls,

would like to share my experience as well...

when i first started drinking coffee, i only tried Nescafe. And without fail, a headache will follow.
At times, when i drink other brands like starbucks, etc, occasionally, do get a headache followed by a neausea feeling. so i presume at that time, that i cannot take 'strong' coffee.

However, sometime later, (becos of work) i started drinking coffee again. This time no no nescafe for me. I had the kopi-o from my canteen and suprisingly, i like it very much and no headache...
as i drank more,everyday, i would get a headache if i dun drink...

so the conclusion i drew is you've got to switch brand to try if you are sensitive to some ingredients in that brand( like i am to nescafe).
Soon, you'll love coffee and cannot live without it(like i am now)
At times, when i drink more cups per day without my regular plain water, i'll get the heart palpitation symtoms as well. so i think its really becos of dehydration.

oraia

hello girls,

actually coffee/ tea is a diuretic -- means it makes you go toilet more often... ur body gets rid of the water, that's why u feel dehydrated.
happy.gif

hehe, some ppl get headache after drinking, some get headache if don't drink... quite interesting.
i think getting a headache cos of NOT drinking is a common "withdrawal" symptom... i know a few ppl who have this symptom.
happy.gif

angph38

i'll get stomachache if i drink coffe in the morning... tried & proven many times... no headache for me though

stardus

i used to feel bloated after drinking coffee in the morning, but now, i am getting used to it. But I think that coffee make me lose weight cos my appetite will not be that good after drinking coffee.

female

my hands will shake also. feel anxious, heart beat fast, feel almost like "high". too bad ice-blended mocha taste soooo good, cannot resist!stomachache if drink in the morning. very strange hor. the good thing is, if i really need to wake up, i know coffee confirm will work!

ppgroom

Hi ladies,

do you know that a little dose of caffeine can help to shed those little extra weight? DON'T OVERDO IT, but do take coffee 30-45mins prior to yuor exercise/ workout. it works!

louica

really??! nv heard of it but will try! the thing is i only drink coffee in the office and the only exercise i get is walking frm my seat to the fax machine, or from my seat to the toilet or pantry..
lame.gif
sigh i need to exercise but sometimes really too tired (ok or too lazy) NO GD!!
nono.gif

orangejuicetoo

Hi everyone, I'm a new member, this whole forum thingy is very new to me. So, guide me wherever possible. I thought there is something wrong with me when I feel drugged after taking coffee. My head feel light and feel like vomitting. I only take coffee as a wake up call when I'm extremely sleepy in office. I feel coffee gives bad breath.

OJ

dur30cat

Actually, it's mostly due to the fact that coffee can be quite acidic. Even though I am a really coffee drinker, I can get a headache on days when I have 3 mugs or more.

If you are not allergic to milk, can I suggest that you go for lattes or have more milk in your coffee or a cake as an accompaniment? That'll help *cushion* your stomach a bit.

lattefan

For me, no coffee = headache. Aft a cup, my headache cured. Addicted to coffee since young, next time pregnant dunno how... Cannot don't drink.

lattefan

Agreed with OJ that coffee gives bad breathe. Buay tahan when ppl talk to me n gives off the "coffee bad breathe". Hv to hold my breathe when that person talk :p

bladers

I try to drink less coffee and tea nowadays and switch more to fruit juices..

I tried drinking instant packet milo (was in a huge satchet with lots of cocoa powder) and 2 pimples blew up on my face! Was terribly the pimple almost scarred me..I feel the milo packet could fill up 2 coffee cups instead of 1 which is too thick.

wyy

me too.....

but mine seems more strange, besides want to vomit, heart beat faster etc......any one feel sleepy after drinking coffee??

gilbert

i know some people will feel giddy...thus wanna pass out. wong yy, do u feel really sleepy or faint feeling?

maple_leaves

For me i hv a slight differnt sympton after drinking coffee..

I will feel veri cold and then follow by fever & headache too.. Faint feeling.. ok lah nt for me
happy.gif

monkie

wow...i am suprise that coffee has such effects on some people..
for me, i need a cup of coffee every morning..and my day won't complete without it. think i am addited to coffee. so i control my intake to one cup per day.

eowyn_1711

If i drink coffee or tea in the morning, i will feel like vomiting and won't have any appetite for the rest of the day. Good for losing, eh? Hahah...

lettingo

i thought i am abnormal until i saw this thread
so many people same as me, had problems with coffee ah...

for me, i will feel bloated and wanted to vomit after drink coffee, since young been like that.... but still I love coffee.... trying to cut down these days because heard that its bad for skin

fetus

We have a coffee house chain in Canada called Tim Horton's. If I drink a couple cups of their coffee, I experience the symptoms which you describe above.

I can drink coffee at home all day and never experience these effects, but 2 cups of their stuff and I feel like my heart is going to jump through my chest. It's like drinking liquid cocaine. (serious!)

Tim Horton's has been accused on several occasions of spiking their coffee with addictive substances (such as nicotine) but independent studies have proven this to be false.

They definitely do something to it. Hyper-caffeinated somehow? Perhaps...

cathy20

All teas, including green and oolong naturally contain caffeine. However the levels of caffeine in coffee are significantly higher than teas - so that could be contributing to the problems that you're experiencing. However coffees also contain oils and acids that are problematic to a lot of people's digestive systems. Congratulations on identifying one source that is causing your health distress. The solution is easy - avoid it completely.