F&E is the way to go - sharing some thoughts from our europe honeymoon

pinkglove

Hi cuclainne, I've finally confirmed my air tickets to europe. Will need ur help soon when I start planning out my detailed itinery for scandinavian countries =) How've u been?

Hi ilycd, here are my two cents' worth...

1) U may want to check out emirates. They seem to be having quite cheap airfares to Europe now. Not sure if it's valid for april though.

2) If u are doing Italy, u will prob go venice and there's always cheap flights from Paris to venice so u may want to consider from Paris to venice then to other parts of italy.

3) I think it's possible for 4-5k for a 13 - 14 days but of course this also depends on ur expectations for ur accomodation..

4) one way ticket are usually more expensive. U can try open jaw tickets.

5) I tink it'll def be more fun to do it F&E..I also did F&E for japan and europe and really had a swell time! Since u really enjoyed ur own F&E trip e last time too, i suggest that u try to work ur way through, afterall, it's ur honeymoon =)

cuclainne

pinkglove, i'm fine .. thanks for asking.

yah no worries, you can send a message here or just pm me
happy.gif
have a great time in Europe.

bbs

ilycd,

I think you should be able to do it within 4-5k per person, am planning my trip for 16 days london-italy-france and working with a budget of about 5k each and so far everything seems to be within budget.
I agree with pinkglove, it depends on your accomodation preference as well as i find that accommodation can eat up a huge chunk of your budget

daintyaqua

ilycd,
sorry i hardly chk postings here anymore. but i like to assure u that its definitely possible to do it within ur budget. we spent 24 days exploring paris, london & switzerland (bear in mind, these are all expensive cities/country) & we spent less than $8000 for 2 pax (all in). of course, to work within a certain budget, u gotta cut down on other things. u cant have the cake & eat it too.

for us, we arent very particular abt lodgings so we saved quite a fair bit on accommodations i guess. that said, our lodgings are all decent, clean, comfortable & safe. i usually sourced for those highly recommended ones at tripadvisors & find the one that fit our budget nicely. we definitely dun stay at rundown hotels.

as for food, sometimes, we eat out at nice restaurants but most of the time, we did our groceries at supermarkets. even for grocery food, i would think we eat reasonably well too. we bought pizzas, pastas, risottos, whole pc cakes, boxes of ice-creams etc to store in fridge at our lodging. we definitely dun starved ourselves just to save bucks.

the bulk of our expenses goes towards travelling & sightseeing. i hate those touch & go types of holidays. i prefer to fully explore at our own leisure. i feel that travelling this way is a whole lot more fulfilling.

even though i hardly post here anymore, i do still rec'd PM from forumers here fr time to time & i do response to them. so feel free to PM me if u like to see our itinerary & pics etc.

sahdeau

hi,,,i need help ,,,
i bought the italy train pass.
wanted to book online for the train tix.
but it seems like i cant reserve online...
any idea ??

schong

Just trying to resurrect this thread and is hoping to get some advice from PinkGlove or anyone with experience on Scandinavia.

I'm looking at visiting Scandinavia in the winter for honeymoon. Ya, I know it's going to be COLD! Am not into winter sports so was just wondering whether winter is a wise choise to visit. Of course, the northern light is one main reason.

cuclainne

Hi Xue Ting

There is a thread on Scandinavia in here but it's a few years old.

Winter is very cold and harsh, especially in the arctic circle which is where you have to go to see the northern lights. That said, as long as you are dressed appropriately, there shouldn't be any reason why you wouldn't enjoy the trip
happy.gif

Have you thought about what else you might want to do in Scandinavia? A lot of the attractions are closed during winter.

My husband has been filling the children's heads with thoughts of snow, etc so we are planning to go back in February. I am not looking forward to it though .. i am more of a summer person
happy.gif

schong

Hi cuclainne,

I'm planning to join a tour package as opposed to going F&E. It's winter with cold and harsh weather, so obviously don't wanna end up stuck out there figuring out our way
happy.gif

I'm not sure whether there will be any package from SG to Scandanavia in Dec/Jan in the first place cuz as you've said, may of the attraction places would have close. Will see how it goes. Otherwise, I might change my plan to eastern europe.

Thanks!

cuclainne

I'm sure that there will still be packages but it'll probably be focused on doing winter things like skiing, etc.

Eastern Europe is lovely too ..