F&E France and Italy This December. Please help.

strongyetweak

Need some comments/suggestions on the proposed 2 weeks' Europe trip this December:-

1. Plan to fly SQ SIN to Paris, stay for about 3 - 4 days visiting Paris and nearby towne/cities (yet to find out, know nothing now).

2. Buy Eurail for multiple cities (France and Italy) and take train to Italy (Rome). Spend 5-6 days visiting Rome, Venice, Milan etc (can use the Eurail pass for travelling in Italy?).
3. Use the Eurail pass to return to France and spend rest of the few days to visit places in France which we have not been.

4. Fly home from Paris to SIN.

Can this work?

rtan

Yes, it can work. But it needs planning, and you'd need to cut down on the number of places to visit. Try to spend at least three nights in each place if possible, else you will find it too rushed.

strongyetweak

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your reply!

Can the France-Italy Eurail Pass be used within France (travel to Nice, Provence etc) and Italy (Rome, Milan, Venice etc)?

Where can I find out on the travelling time from one city to another within France and Italy?

Thanks much!

rtan

Sorry, I have only traveled on trains within France so I can't tell. I'm sure if you are resourceful enough you can find the info on the web.