Eyelash perming

gim

Hi ladies,

Has anyone tried perming their eyelash? Heard it's really gd. Any recomendations as to where i can get it done? Thanks!
happy.gif

petc

Not everyone can have this done. If your eyes are very teary, sensitive, thin and delicate eyelids, prone to allergies and if you close your eyes and they do not close completely, then not adviseable. The best is to get a good eyelash curler like Shu Uemura or Shisheido. But I am sure your makeup artist will be able to curl your lashes nicely for you on your big day.

gim

Heard from a fren dat it is gd.Dun tink i'll try now after reading wat u wrote.Thanks for ur advise.
happy.gif

elaine

Hi gim,

My eyelashes are permed
happy.gif
Veri nice *blink* *blink* hehehe... you can get it done at any facial shop. Most facial shop does eyelash perming. Try it, it's not permanment & only last for 3months, then your lashes will be back to normal.

The price is ranging from $30 onwards. I did for $35.

petc

No doubt it looks beautiful, but as I say, not everyone's eyes are suitable. If you do not have any of the above conditions, go for it!

gracious

Hi,
I'm getting married in June, and I'm thinking of going for an eyelash perm.

but will i still have to apply mascara on the lash and there's no need to cos it's already curled?

kindly advise

petc

Eyelash perming only curls the lashes it does not give volume, so yes you would still need to apply mascara.

peppermint

Anybody got any recommendations on where i can go for eyebrow perming? Can you pls share with the the shop name, location, and price?

Got to be reliable one hor ... anything goes wrong and i'll be blind forever!

The place i go to for facials don't do eyebrow perming ...

Thanks in advance!

ling

peppermint,

I have my eyelase perm at Bioskin. Cos' $45. Quite nice. but last only like 1-2mths. My eyes like very bright. quite like it. You can call them. I go to the one at tanjong pagar but think they have shifted . call 19007777777 to enquire their no or their address.

francoise

Hey gals

I used to do eye lash perming last time at a salon in Orchard Emerald. She charges around $30+. Pretty reasonable and looks really nice but I stopped after thinking abt those chemical (perming lotion) the beatician applies on the lashes and apparently will go into your eyes too. Wouldn't know whether these chemical will be poisonous or not in the long run.
uhoh.gif

That's why i prefer using fake eye lashes instead. Just my thoughts.

patlpt

Hello

I think using curlers is just as good. The results are the same. Just that you have to curl your lashes before you go out and maybe do it again one/twice in the later part of the day.

The cost of buying an eyelash curler is definitely more justified than perming. I mean, you can use the curler for years..

august

hi melgal,
there's one u can look 4 is faceworks at orchard plaza jacqueline wong. she is very experience n professional. u can cal her at 62359559 to try, hope u will like her professional skill. all the best

Y

yvonnettt

hi im here to recommend a very good salon that do very good eyelash perming. is at JS Beauty at Far East Plaza Tel:68361106. Charges are very reasonable.

Y

yvonnettt

Its very cheap in Orchard i dont think you can find a better deal. Only $20! I'll be going this week to perm mine.
The beauticians are very friendly and polite. Very sofy spoken person too.

christal

hi yvonneTTT, really so cheap??? gd anot?? coz there was one time my eyelashes were overpermed in bioskin... took ard 6 mths to recover!!! i am so scared to try again....
hv u tried it b4 anot??? if so cheap & gd i wan to try... can email me? thks [email protected]

Y

yvonnettt

I gurantee you. you will not regret.
This time if i'm going to visit them will be my 2nd times.
All my colleague when for their service. Its execellent.
JS Beauty at Far East Plaza Tel:68361106

christal

hi yvonne... ok i will give it a try....
if no gd, i will come here & 'find' u hor... hehehe... juz kidding...

M

messy lash

HI,

I agreed that after perming really look GOOD.. but a month's later... you will noticed that your lashes are messy, some curl some dont... and very very ugly when put on mascara. They cramped and messy which you cant apply properly.

cubby

hi yvonnettt,
is the price for eyelash perming at JS still $20 now? i did eyelash perming once and wan to try again.
thks

missylan

JUST wanna inform you guys that frequent perming will cos like hair Split ends and dry... lashes will fall.... SO better perm when special occasion

M

messy lash

Yes yes, agreed with missylan...!!! Then will see like empty spacing between the lashes... then some will bent, some straight and some curl... VERY MESSY!
sad.gif

dearie

my sis also perm her eyelashes... initially i can see the difference but eventually it will straighten out again....

i think use mascara and curler better... i think there's this gadget that operate on battery and u just put it on your lashes and "wah-la" curly liao
hehehhehe....

M

messy lash

ya... I hate the sight when its like straightening... some will not some will curl... making it so MESSY!!!! diff to apply masacra too!

sm1le

Never go to Demalogical (Century sq) and Jean Yip salon (Tampines Mall) - the girls are unprofessional, unresponsible and lousy. I burned my eyelashes there before. My lashes became so short, fizzy and eyes became so painful for days...horrible experience!!!

kite~

Hi,

just wondering does any gals here have single eyelids w short lashes went for eyelash perming? suitable?

hi kite
is me! i am a regular to the eye lash perming. i try at Bioskin and Jean Yip. I prefer Jean Yip and took a package with them. I go there abt 3-4mts interval. my lashes actually longer now cos the beautician say is due to the perming. me also single eyelids. cheers : )

blunt

Hi circusbugs,

May i know how much did u pay for eye lash perming? And which jean yip branch did u go to?

Will the lashes really grow longer?

thanks!

kite~

hi circusbugs,

nice to see u in this thread cos i need some comments n feedback as i wanted to do eyelash perming long ago but very scare all my lashes wil drop as my lashes are really short cos single eyelid.

how much is e package w bioskin n jean yip? if i do not wan to sign up package, how much is per trip?

really? wow ur eyelashes grow longer?

disney

Hi Gals,

Me also interested, my lashes are very long and straight, tried all sort of curlers,only last for one to two hours then straight again, even make up artist recommend me to go for perm..
was wondering is it painful? Me beri scared of pain.

miso

hi

i did eyelash perming 2 weeks ago and i survived it. not pain but will fill a bit uncomfortable and "scary" when the beautician pulls ur eyelash..
after the procedure she put eye drops for me.
dun worry, go try it at least for once

greenie

hi disney,

i am like u.... stubborn lashes tt is long & straight... no mascara & curlers will help... sad to say only perming will help...

dun worry, its not painful. u can get it done at most beauty salons but rem to go reputable ones as i kena over-permed lashes b4 twice & it looked horrible! took abt 6 mths 4 my lashes to recover fully...

best to go 4 those salons tt ur frens has tried b4...
happy.gif

4 me, coz i am single eyelid, so when my lashes r permed nicely, it will look really beautiful. but the times when it was over-permed, it look messy & horrible... and coz i am single eyelid, the lashes will b more obvious since it will "stick" more closely to my lids. even my hb noticed it & asked how come my lashes kena "fried"?
angry.gif
i nvr went back to the 2 salons anymore!

disney

Hi Starz,
Wow looks like we are in the same boat, yep managed to find a friend who permed her lashes, we are doing together somewhere this week, kinda excited and scared, will let u guys know how i feel. Wish me luck!!

Hi Miso,
Thanks for sharing!

greenie

hi disney,

yah, we need luck sometimes 4 this kind of things... its very bad if ours r ruined... coz it takes a while 2 recover... gd luck to u & do let us noe how the session went!
happy.gif

no need to b scared... juz relax & let them do the work... dun b tensed...

disney

Hi Starz
Had my lashes permed yesterday.. hahaha not painful at all.. had fun perming it with my gf. Me now kept looking at my curly lashes, still trying to get used.. but i like it!! Now no problem in wearing mascara!!

kite~

hi disney,

urs is single or double eyelid? i got single eyelid that's y thinking twice of eyelash perming.

skywolf

hi disney,

where do you have yours done? mine was rather weird... now look like "shooting" out at odd angles. think it was not done properly... sigh...
sad.gif

hi starz~!

disney

Hi Angela,

I did mine at jurong west, a beauty shop. how long have u permed your lashes, maybe after 2 weeks, it wont be that bad.

greenie

hi disney! yah, so u very happy wif ur eyelashes now rite? then will conveniently find an excuse to go to the mirror and admire it rite?
lol.gif
tts wat i always do after perming my lashes! hahahahaha.... i permed mine 3 wks ago... so far still quite ok, except one of the eye is not as nice... but still ok.
happy.gif

kite, i am single eyelid too... why u think twice abt perming leh?
uhoh.gif

angela, i think some beauticians has no ethics at all.. they dun really know how to handle some customers' eyelashes. esp 4 stubborn lashes. mine was like tt, thus i had 2 terrible experience tt caused my lashes to b shooting upwards... very ugly!
angry.gif

disney is rite, after 2 wks, shldnt b tt bad liao...

shirsweetiepie, i think u read the earlier postings then u will noe wat eyelash perm is all abt... its juz to make ur lashes look more sexier!
lol.gif

no pain usually... dependg on ur lashes, it can last from 1 to 3 mths, and how u take care of ur lashes...

disney

Hi Starz,

Yayayaya.. me kept looking at my lashes, is amazing "my lashes actually remain so curly".. hahahha first timer i guess so amazed abt it. BTW how do u take care of your lashes?

hello
me signed package at Plaza Sing Jean Yip $500 for 10 sessions plus 2 free
my beautician every time comments that my eyelashes grew longer :D

skywolf

hi disney,

yah, now not as bad as last time, but i still feel heart-pain over e weid angles my lashes are having...
sad.gif

hi circusbugs, yrs sounds like a good deal. Have you tried them b4 you signed up a pkg? How was the overall perming?

happy.gif