Ex-schoolgirls meeting place

hwey

Chupa

I prefer the Chinese stall selling rice. Love their fishball soaked in sambal chilli and friend chicken wings!!! Till now, whenever I think of the fishball, I salivate.

Love the old school building, the Bt Timah flood, etc. Remembered when I was in Sec 2, I walked all the way from race course to St Margaret's, late and realised exam was cancelled. My best friend who lived in Kingsmead Road, rowed to school in her rubber boat. We had good times there.

I think when I was in sec 4, you were in Sec 1. If you looked at the Annual Report for 1990, Sec 4/1, you can find my pic there.

C

chupachup_77

hi hwey,

wah, u mean people actually row boats to school?? must be very long ago, i nvr had or seen smething like that b4!

erm i don't have the 1990 book cos i joined st margs in 1991 i.e. sec 2 cos we moved hse. previously was frm st nicks.

hmm, fishball is more fav food too, but i nvr recall any nice fishball in st margs canteen leh. maybe too long ago liao.

hey, so what do u do now? work as what?

leafy

Hi!
happy.gif

I'm a ex PLMGS girl
happy.gif

leafy

ambervee,
^5
proud.gif

When i went in, still using a big big school bag and childish waterbottle, the school already shifted to Lor Ah Soo. You leh?

The church at boundary road very nice leh!

catz

hi leafy
^5 back atcha!

i was always at lorong ah soo... was in Sec 1 in 1991, so graduated in 1994. you leh?
happy.gif
Founders' Day dinner this month leh.

catz

Haiyah leafy...
U only 3 years older means I very young meh? Hehehe....

Man, I miss those old 'toot' school days with the awful pinafore with the white belt and yucky yellow prefect tie.
happy.gif

You married yet? Hehe.. I've been married for almost a year, come 1st December. Don't faint okie?
happy.gif

hwey

I have a friend who is from PLMGS. Her name is Mikaela Oh. At PLMGS (Pri) and PLMGS (Sec). Sec years were 1987 - 1990

hwey

No lah! Where got so long ago. (^0^) I still remember the floods. The water was up to midway between my knees and waist. I was in SMSS from 1987 - 1990.

My friend lived in those landed property behind SMSS and she had a rubber boat. So she rowed to school.

The nice fishball stall was the stall nearest the gate.

carrie

wow.... when did this forum become a St Margs alumni club huh....
happy.gif
I was from St Margs too... think I'm in the same year as chupachup. You born in 1977? me too. Tan Lee Lee took over when I was in Sec 2 too. What class were you in?

kittycat

Hi Catz,

I was in the Lor Ah Soo vicinity juz last week and good old memories of PL really flooded me! Heehee... Yah! The pinafore with white belt is kinda of "toot" - altho' quite unique. Eeks! What I hated most was the petticoat and having to keep 2 plaits for those with long hair. I kept a really boyish cut all those years.

Hi Leafy,
Which class were you from? I was in Sec 4C (in 1991).

biggrin.gif

sparks

huh? me also born in 1977... and from st margaret... don't remember the flood.....but remember the food....... me like the malay store best....

those times, the food is so cheap, i can have the fishball noodles.... twice...a day..

have you all seen the new renovated st marg...... ultra nice...

and do you all remember the hymm.... the one that we change the lyrics ... it became " he brought the cow and married the wife".... still remember that i very shocked and amused... when the seniors sang together wrongly..

hwey

I still have the hymn books! Remembered when I was in sec two and if anyone forgot to bring the hymn books, we tried to take the seniors', if theirs were kept in the cabinet.

Ah, fishball noodles! (^0^) Their fried bee hoon also not bad.

catz

Hi kittycat!
^5!!!
happy.gif

Yah.. I kept long hair with a vengeance all through my JC and uni days. My boyish cut was so unflattering... feel like burning all my sec school photos! Bad hair... bad dress sense. :p

Y'know Winnie Tan retired quite a while back right? I still remember her lengthy Monday morning assemblies with all the poor sec 1 girls fainting left right and centre. Hehe...
happy.gif

leafy

Kittymeow,
can't remember ....but I know I'm from 1F and 2D.
happy.gif
ehh...maybe u know ppl from these two classes?
proud.gif
But don't list their names here arh...
proud.gif
proud.gif

Hated the petticoat and white belt too! The worst thing is everyday must lift up our pinafore to show that we wore petticoat! tak boleh tahan! And the compulsory swimming lesson in Sec one!

Catz,
No, I'm not married yet. Still planning.
happy.gif

So how's married life?

catz

hullo leafy,

oh yes, the famous petticoat inspections. hehe..
happy.gif
good ol' memories hey? didn't mind the swimming lessons though... what about fingernail inspections? :p

married life is really good. the wedding was fun but stressful!!! my hubby and i hv never been so stressed out in our lives! hehe..
happy.gif

leafy

Catz! Good morning!
happy.gif

Fingernail inspection is ok to me. Another funny culture is the inspection of belt. Do u remember how? The prefect in charge will clench n slot her fist through the white strap to make sure our belt are loose enuff.
Have u seen the new generation PL girls? They sit their belts on the hips! Like this not only one fist's allowance, 10 fistSSSS also no problem ahhh!
proud.gif

catz

Hey leafy!
happy.gif

Nope, don't remember having belt inspections leh... I guess only for those with obvious hipster belts would get caught. Nowadays, got a lot of Ah Lians... sigh... see them all over town and Junction 8. :p

Still can't get over the awful hair I had to endure for 4 years! Do you still keep in touch with your PL friends and old teachers? Dunno if you remember a Mrs B Lim? She was quite a fierce Maths teacher... saw her that day at the airport.
happy.gif

naturally

haha!! Gosh, never expected to see PL gals here!!

Well i'm 2 years older than Catz, 1 year younger than Leafy and Kittycat, i transfered to PL the year they moved to Lor Ah Soo, Pri4 then, and all the way til Sec4...
happy.gif

Oh yes, the days of petticoats, heehee! But u know that now they actually sewn the petticoat beneath the pinafore?? Kinda like lining, cos it's almost same colour as pinafore, no more beige colour *urgghh*

Thought the "loose belt" trend already started back in our days? When i was sec3 i think? I remember some gals would sew a second buckle on their belts, so after school they can parade around like Bao Gong, ha!
lol.gif

Wonder if anyone was from NPCC?
proud.gif

catz

hallo naturally!

actually, the sewn-in petticoats were already in place during my time but some people die-hard, still like to wear those rabbit brand petticoats. i was a prefect so i know.. hehehe...
happy.gif
i've seen all sorts of petticoats in my time - pink, green, beige, white, even patterns!! :p the lining was pretty gross 'cos it was viscose so if you were sweaty, it would stick to you. :p GERRROSSS!!!!!

my good friend was from NPCC... but she was only a corporal, i think.

C

chupachup_77

wah so many ex stmargs gers...carrie and sparks, maybe i wld know u guys. i'm in the most lousy class la needless to say cos i nvr bother to study one.eh u all got wedding photos let me see leh maybe can spot or recall u all.

yea sparks i remember that cow song...so farnee. we were so notorious then.me too like the malay stall (the rice one). i think opened by one of the sch girl's parents.

ya lor the new sch so nice and big but like what hwey said, the new bldg didn't have the same feeling like the old run down one. More nostaligic lah.

eh hwey, i really dun remember got nice fishball noodle leh. i 1991 then sec 1 leh if i didn't recall wrongly hehe

hwey

I think you got everything mixed up. Not fishball noodles stall. It is a rice stall but sell very nice fishball soaked in sambal. Next to it, also got a noodles stall that sell all sorts of noodles, bee hoon and including fishball noodles.

I know they were there in 1991 cos I sneaked back after JC class to buy the fishballs.

sophia

I hope all the PLMGS girls can start their own conversation thread.. this thread is for girls who were from MGS , formerly at sophia rd and now at blackmore drive.

I suppose lyn and angelia are MGS girls? I graduated year 1994.

leafy

*x*
I can only sigh... "Those were the days......."
proud.gif

wow! More and more alumni thread coming up... enough for chin leng to form another meeting place, other than a meeting place for all brides!
happy.gif

Sophia,
Paiseh arh... PL MGS girls responded to ur thread... Hope u dun mind.
happy.gif

carrie

Yah yah!!!! I remember the cow song.... still have the hymnal too... hee hee...
happy.gif
hmmm... me really very curious to know who you gals are. I will give you the link to my website after I upload my wedding pix later...

C

chupachup_77

orh, the rice stall that sells fishball..i know liao..wonder if those stalls are still there?

ee the ugly green hymnal. everything in st margs is green like frong. hehe..

eh u all know that stephanie sun is oso frm st margs previously? i still remember i used to mix quite a lot with her leh now people big star.

i am also very curious to know who u guys are. i have a very strong feeling that we may noe each other since st margs quite a small sch...carrie, tell me ur name la maybe i know. which class were u frm sec 4 ?

kittycat

Hi fellow ex-PL girls,

I've created a new thread for ourselves under "Anything Under the Sun"

See you there!
lol.gif

kittycat

Hi leafy,

No lah... I can't remember who was in Sec 1F or 2D anymore. Really too long ago!

Hi Catz,

Yeah, I remember Mrs B Lim... she was one of my fave teachers. And she was my Sec 2 form teacher... a very nice lady altho' quite fierce and strict. Heehee.. I still din keep long hair after leaving PL. Only kept my fringe long - cldn't stand the PL fringe which hadto be above the eyebrows! So toot. My husband laughed when he saw my secondary skul pictures. So nerdy-looking!!
proud.gif

hwey

I somehow like the green. (^0^) Under Mrs George, our rules were strict. Hair length which is below second collar must be plaited, or 1 demerit. Talking to guys outside school, 3 demerits and have to see Mrs Joy. One gal who was transferred to SMSS when I was in Sec 2, brought her bf in, and told her PE teacher she was sick. When found out, she was expelled. But somehow, I thought there was more order during that time.

Is the song something like "I can't come to the banquet, don't trouble me now. I have married a wife, I have bought me a cow. I have bills and committments that cost a pretty sum. Pray hold me excuse I cannot come."

hwey

Oh yes! During your time, did you have swimming carnival at ACS (Barker Road) and the ACS guys as lifeguards? (^0^)

yan

hi kelsey,(senior)
i graduate at 1996 six year your junior...
do you know the school has move to a new place?

P

phil

Hi, I'm an ex-SJC too. I graduated in 1994. The school has moved to SengKang, next to St Anne's church.

catz

Hullo hullo...

wow... our very own 'home' on the net!
happy.gif
B Lim was really nice.. once you got to know her.. I guess 'cos she was disciplinary mistress, lots of girls were scared of her. And yeah, my husband practically rolled around laughing hysterically when he first saw my sec school photos. *sigh*

Seems like ages since sec school hor? I still follow the ranking though. Glad to see that it's still hanging around the 20's. Would be so sad to see it drop out of the top 50.

piglet

Hi All Ex-MGS girls ...

I was in the same batch as Lyn... graduated in 1990. So do you all still go back and visit?

yan

the principle has change to mrs dory chan , mrs watty no longer there....

so philand kelsy,
who are your final year form teacher

leafy

Glad that kitty initiated this thread... was about to create one today...
a-ha... Seeing my photo, my FH asked "Who's this Tom Boy?"
proud.gif
Oh no...

kittycat

Halo!!

A few of my frens are now teaching in PL. PL seems to be in the news quite a bit recently... i think the standard has gone up altho the girls are getting more and more lian-ish.

leafy: when are you getting married? i'm so glad mine's over (in Jul)!