Ex-schoolgirls meeting place

bibip

hi ling,

oops... NP is ngee ann huh.. hehe... i left the poly too long to remember it's actually NYP... actually i quit it's becos it's just not wat i want.. now i'm doing sales... see the difference?

i signed up with Thomson Wedding D'sign, not aware of package with ROM so only sign up the bridal package a few mths after my ROM... quite a waste loh, cost i have to spend money on my dress, and make-up.. and worse, i tore my dress during the photo session after my ROM... urgh...

hmmz.. i think 88 restaurant quite gd leh, my fren having her dinner there end this mth.. but i'm not invited lah, so i can't taste the food for you.. hehe.. i had mine at M hotel..

i was in Red Cross..
happy.gif

wateraine

bibip

Sales is quite stressful, isn't it? Being a nurse seems emotionally and physically draining, tat's wt i tink.

Oh, u tore yr dress during the photo session? wat a waste.

So how's the ambience in M hotel? How much they charge per table?

hmmm....is it cos u were in Red Cross tat's y u chose nursing?

stussy

Hi Catz,
I was from 4B... and Angeline Loh was my form teacher... ;p

well, i did find all the rules very strict then...but i guess those were the things that made all the memories interesting now...

muppy

wah! chewwy and lala, you're also from TP! hehe. so qiao
happy.gif
i miss the school. and the yu pian mi fen from school of business ...

naturally

Hey Bearly, nope! Connie wasn't head prefect, it was Baoyan from my class!
happy.gif

Chel, hihi! Another mei mei!
biggrin.gif

When Connie was in NUS, she grew her hair so long (below waist) that i wonder if that was to compensate her yrs of short hair in PL?!
lol.gif

Yeah i remember the macdonald's ban too... think it started cos some girls created a scene with a few boys, and the floor manager alerted the sch. Since then, WT would warn us that she had made arrangements with Mac, once we were found at Mac, the teachers will be informed and will speed down to catch us!
lol.gif

Oh, and WT likes to target the boys from Yuying Sec, cos some of our girls were caught with them. She always says we shdn't go out with these boys, ESP these boys... i never liked the way she puts them down, as if all boys from neighbourhood schools are rascals waiting to pounce on innocent white-belt PL girls, hehehehe! She just has too strong motherly instincts, i guess!
happy.gif

starmed

hi gals
start of the week again!!sigh.. weekend's always so fast gone...
sad.gif

Oraia
so u've any news from the airliner? not to woory gal.. u'll go for the trip...
happy.gif

rokko
hope the EPO's helping you.. can't expect the effects to show immediately.. not 'xian dang' keke...
happy.gif

how's the wedding prep for the rest? going on well?

sowie

Hi Naturally

It's definitely not any of my friends playing pranks on me....it's Dragon Lady.....this came about becos at 1 stage, some black sheep weren't clearing their plates after recess....so she threatened to dump the leftovers in the nearest bag available....and the mee rebus case wasn't hatched....now I remember it happened to a Malay gal in my year.....we were not the unfortunate souls who gana this treatment......

Oh yes..I remember about the ban on boys attending our school functions.....becos WT said "No boy above the age of 4 shall step onto the SACRED ground of PL"....we almost fainted when we heard that remark.....

Angie Loh and her INFAMOUS pal, Grace Ng, teacher-in-charge of NPCC.....always very thick together...u see one, u see the other.....

Oh ya, do you gals remember the horrible lectures she used to give us over morning assembly...about leaving soiled sanitary pads around the toilet...(someone left it in the pot of a plant in the toilet and other obscure places).....do u know the neighbouring flats can hear? Well, when I was in NTU, my classmate (guy) lived in the blk next to our skul...when he heard about me being a PL gal, he went..."oh yr principal always like to scold u gals for leaving yr dirty stuff in the toilet"....so pai sei....

blush

hellos all!!!

rokko, thot u disappeared from here...long time no see....

PMS is very real!! i get mood swings. cry over any little thing, and unhappy with FH for every small mistake. i'm really no fun to be around. i know EPO helps to clear up skin, didn't realise it helps PMS...hmm, will consider that in future.

ok girls,
as for my BS...both are nice, and i think i can get along with both designers. on a side note, i realise that i like BS where you get to meet the designers, rather than an assistant. that way you really know if you can get along, and can get a sense of what they want to do for you.
anyway, both sil and AL are pretty versatile, and will design according to your preference. so no diff there. no MUA in mind...didnt even realise that there's much difference. i look pretty much the same with or without makeup (only criteria is that it looks natural, not wayang!).

the only diff is in the top up lor...that's why AL is more ex....

sigh....
anyway, i am not in singapore now. and will make my final decision when i get back!
happy.gif
jialat...wedding so headache.

pheb, oraia....countdown to your wedding!!!!!
happy.gif
have fun, enjoy yourself!!
don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!
190705.gif

naturally

Bearly,
oh u know baoyan's sister? Forgot her name, i know she was from NPCC right? Hee, i remember the sister was very boyish, very diff from tall and elegant baoyan, how abt now??

Sowie,
Grace Ng in charge of NPCC meh? how come i got no memory of that?
uhoh.gif
I remember Mrs Kok Ee Lin, Mrs Loo... i thot Grace Ng is from GB, no? Sorry, actually i dun remember much abt the infamous pair, cos never been taught by them.

oh, must be real embarassing for others to hear the kind of morning assembly speeches we get! As if PL gals are so dirty....
embarrassed.gif

So WT did put chicken bones into your bag?! That's so mean.... the poor malay gal who kena mee rebus!

bearlybutton

Hi naturally,

Baoyan's sis is Baoling. Yup, she's from NPCC. Were you from NPCC too? The last time i saw her she was still boyish looking but that was quite some time ago... not sure about now.

Eh... G. Ng not in charge of NPCC leh. It was Vikki Lim and Vivian Loo, and later on Mrs Ang-something cos V. Lim left.

bibip

hey ling,

not really stressful like, like most ppl think.. you will only get stress if you dun work loh.. hehe..

yah, wasted lah, but wat to do, i'm so chor loh, but the dress cos me almost $200, sim tieh.. heart bleed...

i love the ambience at M hotel, it's quite modern yet cosy, they charge $768+++ per table, if i'm not wrong..

no lah, i din choose nursing, i was "kicked" into it.. hahaha...

so i guess now you in accounts rite?

caratsoup

HI Gals,

I am PL girl from 1990 - 1993. Vikki was my sec 3 form teacher. heard she left to become some stock remisier.

Didn't really enjoy myself back in PL too. I remember WT always try to make us all ugly by having the stupid helmet hairstyle. Everyone had the same hairstyle (cos cannot having long hair and cannot have short hair, I remember two of my classmate had to wear swimming caps around the school cos they cut boys' hairstyle), wore glass. Hehe!!! Alot of gals I met after PL days actually transformed into swans leh...no more the ugly duckling
190741.gif

I remember we had to sit in the carpark after assembly every morning after flag raising to read a book for 30 mins or so??

oraia

hi girls!
happy.gif

starstar~ hello!! thanks thanks! we sort of got a confirmation for the resort in bali liaoz. but cos the good timing air tic that's on offer is full, i have to wait lor. but i've booked the full fare just in case. (so strange - offer fare no seats, pay $180 more each then will get seats!!) So most likely it's confirmed!
happy.gif
will cancel my koh samui booking soon!

agree w u tt the weekend passes way too fast
sad.gif
am so tired today.

blush~ you go where play?? hehe not in sg ah? when are u coming back?
happy.gif
didn't know EPO is so good either.. hmmm.
not counting down to wedding yet lah. 2 more mths. pheb's counting down! hehe.

sakurasan

If I left 1 year later, I'll prob have to wear swimming cap too
happy.gif
Coz I had ultra short hair! My form teacher was Vivian Loo - she's a real bag of laughs...very quirky. I attended a PL girl's wedding last year (who happens to teach in PL now) and I saw so many teachers like B Lim, Judy Wong, H K Low, Mrs Wok..and they never seem to age. All look almost the same.

naturally

Bearly,
dun tell me u are from npcc too? then we might know each other, heehee!

Sakurasan,
must be fun to see all our teachers again!
happy.gif

caratsoup

Hi Sakurasan,

Miss Vivian Loo was my science teacher in Sec 3 & 4. She's very nice but she can be very biased to certain people and people she don't have a good impression on. I remembered there was a girl who came back to retake her O levels and she's constantly picking on her. Even address her as "Eh! Senior Citizen" Quite hurting lor but she's nice to me and most of us and yah!!she sure jokes alot.
190845.gif

bearlybutton

Hello caratsoup!
happy.gif

Naturally:
Yupyup, me from NPCC also. Shouldn't think you will have much impression of me. My squad was taken by Ruthri and Daphne then Regina and Meifeng. I probably can't remember half the peeps in your squad now. Hehe.

Sakursan:
Ah loo is funny! Haha. Saw her with her daughter at Popular once. Her hair permed until abit auntie i think. Tsk. She also taught me chem.

chelsea

hello bearly button and naturally

hee hee yah i am considered quite young to marry. i was from 4B too and miss kek was my physics teacher. any news of her? she's so cute, so blur and so nice.

hi caratsoup,
well mrs loo tot me chemistry and when i visited her during one of the chinese new year, she looked at me and said, "how can i forget you! the one who always fail my chemistry". ha ha that's how teachers remember me...

catz

Hi everyone,

Wah got a few NPCC people here huh? I remember Baoyan too 'cos Baoling was her sister and in my year... naturally, you're right, Grace Ng was fr GB. PLUS she was HOD and in charge of prefects too :p Heard that A Loh became principal of some neighbourhood school.

Sowie, which year were you from? I also remember the sanitary pad lecture on Monday morning... I used to pity the poor people staying in the flats opposite PL... WT's voice really reverberated!!! So there were really people who heard every single word.. so paiseh!!!

bearlybutton

Arlow Chel,

Ms Kek was my physics and A.Maths teacher! One time my class made her cry during lesson. Oopsy. At first we didn't like her but after that found her quite nice. Hehe.

------------------------------------------------

Arlow Catz,

U from NPCC too?

Who's the current P and VP? Anyone knows? I must comment that the current colour of the school makes it look dull and lifeless... eeeks.

sowie

Hi Catz

Haa...so my memory failed me...G Ng not from NPCC....but from GB....pai sei....kept having impression she's from NPCC.....

I'm graduated in 91.....watabout u? Vivian Chee(Loo) was my form teacher.....

sakurasan

I remember G Ng to be from NPCC. Ms Goh was with GB but maybe G Ng took over after that. Sowie and I are much older than most of you
happy.gif

Bearly Button, do you know that V Loo refused to have kids when she taught us? She insisted that keeping guinea pigs were enough
happy.gif
I met her a couple of years after I graduated and she insisted on the same thing...then the next thing I heard was that she went and had 3 kids or something. She is very farnie...we went to her house once and her husband had to hide in the room for the entire day
happy.gif
She's very nice and a good teacher.

catz

Hallo Bearlybutton, nope, me not fr uniform group. I kena chickenpox before the first wk of Sec 1 so by the time I came in, can only join certain ECAs.. Me toot toot, joined library :p

Maybe sakurasan and sowie are right about G Ng being prev fr NPCC. Anyway, I think she's still in PL terrorising hapless students. She was sooooooo one kind.. buay tahan.

I think I remember Vivian Loo but was never taught by her.. seems like she was v popular! Did anybody kena HK Loh for Bio? She was soooo weird
happy.gif

naturally

Bearly,
Oh, it was ruthri and daphne taking your squad!
happy.gif
Ruthri is a very fun gal, i remember she always says u sec1 gals are so cute! So u are one of the cute mei mei!
biggrin.gif
Me and geraldine took the sec 2 squad (1yr older than your batch), so i dun think u remember me, plus i was quite shy then.
happy.gif

Hmm... is G Ng really previously from NPCC, then went to GB? A bit the strange, since these 2 ECAs are like rivals... but anyway, glad she isn't ard during my time!

Chel, me also from 4B, but 5 yrs before u!
biggrin.gif
Aiyo, feel so old leh!

It sure is fun recollecting all our PL memories!

blush

oraia
i not playing lah...i'm on biz trip. i have to travel frequently due to work. am somewhere in the pacific...coming back at the end of the month.

but my friend just emailed me to say that blu mesh and bridal wadrobe also not too bad, and cheaper....oh no....more choices....argh....

sakurasan

Catz

I got HK Low for bio! She was one big WEIRDO
happy.gif
She wld talk talk talk to herself and draw draw draw on the blackboard. Once, she screamed at my classmate in class coz the poor gal cldn't answer some qn and sent her out of class. After a while, she called the girl in and started tearin, apologizing and saying how sorry she is, blar blar blar...real crazy lady. And she used to wear stilettos and wobble around.
happy.gif

sowie

Hi all

Heng got folks vouch my memory tat G Ng was from NPCC, cos I really had impression of her wearing that blue uniform as teacher-in-charge....thot i was going senile for a moment cos I normally got quite good memory one.....esp kaypo stuff
happy.gif

Sakurasan, it's hamsters, not guinea pig la.....when we went to her place that time, it was 1 male and 1 female.....she was trying to catch them procreate on video somemore.....a very farnie lady indeed.....

oraia

hi blush,

orrh... i see... your job sounds exciting! which line are u in? do find some time to relax altho' it's a biz trip!
happy.gif

yes, agree blumesh is not bad. andrea de cruz did her cheongsam and EG there i think. i've seen some of their stuff. good value for $$ i feel!
happy.gif

bearlybutton

Hi ladies.
happy.gif

sakurasan:
Yes yes, i remember her saying the same thing about kids and hamsters/guinea pigs! Makes me wonder whether she exercise her kids in the same manner as her hammies... lol.

catz:
I got the Indian bio teacher instead of HK Loh... simply can't recall her name now.

naturally:
Geraldine is Baobao right - if i remember correctly? Drop me a clue who you are! I think i'll still have some impression. Heh.

I think we can span another archive reminiscing all our school days! Hee.

sakurasan

I see so many PL girls nowdays with extremely loose-fitting pinafores and long socks. Maybe this is the new look.
happy.gif
Unlike us last time, some girls tighten their belts so much to look curvy!
happy.gif

Regardless of the rules, PL was good fun. I think the most hateful teachers were those teaching home econs!

starmed

oraia
hey!! it's good to hear tt your resort's confirmed.
happy.gif
which resort u two staying at? rem must go for the spas there... n also bargain n buy those cute stuff at the markets... u gonna enjoy yourselves there...
happy.gif

starmed

Blush
wah so good... the only place I've travelled so far wif SAF is Brunei...
lame.gif
see mosques n museums... hee.. we call the tour M & M...
happy.gif
n JUNGLES of course... keke...

naturally

Never knew PL has such a weird bio teacher!
lol.gif
i didn't take bio.

Bearly, there are 8 NCOs from my squad, but i dunno how many of us do u remember? Hint: I'm small-built, and i'm not meiling. Eh, if u still dunno, then never mind lah.
happy.gif
And yeah, geraldine's baobao.

sakurasan,
i second that! Dreadful home econs!
sad.gif

catz

sakurasan, yah lor, HK was really weird. Once, she had her petticoat practically falling off her skirt and someone was nice enough to tell her and she got so angry she was practically crying :p

Ooh.. dreadful home ec teachers.. what was the name of the lady who was quite short and plump? Miss something.. wah, she very fierce man.. I kept on breaking my needle on the sewing machine and kena fired by her.

Feel like nowadays, more and more Ah Lians in PL. So sad.

blush

oraia
yup, i heard the massage in bali is cheap and good! must go. and shopping is also very cheap. must take some photos and show us ok?

i have a 5 day work week, so shld be able to R&R on weekends.
happy.gif
must admit my job is pretty good.

so blumesh not bad too? hmm...wonder if i have time to look at it when i get back....i do intend to do a cheongsum for tea ceremony...

starstar
i heard brunei has a free amusement park owned by the king. cos they are so rich, they don't need to charge admission. free for all....
happy.gif
something else to do besides M&M! do you get to go to taiwan and australia as well?

anyway, you can look forward to maldives! that beats any place SAF will send you to!
happy.gif

sakurasan

Hi Catz

I had a short and fat (sorry..not even plump!!) econs teacher called Mrs Tan! They all got some inferiority complex or something..need to prove to whole world that Home Econs is a very impt subject - by being ultra bitchy and nasty
happy.gif

But I really missed the KFC at Hougang Interchange. Used to hang out there alot. I've gone to the hawker centre for breakfast over the past couple of months and it always brings back fond memories of PL days.

pheb

hello girls!

it's 3 days to my big day! excited? not really...hehehe...cos tomoro's gonna be one busy day w out of town guests arriving...friday will be another busy one picking up the gowns, doing the nails etc...

shall be back next week...meanwhile...enjoy your week ahead
happy.gif

catz

Hey sakurasan, it's not the married home ec teacher who was nasty... it was the short, plump unmarried one who was the terror. Anyway, we used to call the home ec and science lab block Lamentations
happy.gif

Is the Hougang Interchange where the Jack's Place used to be? Now it's Kovan MRT or something like that? I seldom go around Hougang/Seragoon area as my parents' place is at Thomson.

sowie

Hi Catz

I know which one u referring to...the unmarried one..not sure if she's called Ms Tay...I can't remember her name...i remember once i sat with my legs propped up on the chair and was rocking to and fro...she looked at me, used her hand to mimick a gun....and point to me "if u dun close yr legs now, i'll shoot u".......heee...

oh ya...another incident i remember was her sharing with us about inverted nipples....something about it being hard for breastfeeding....I'll never forget it when she said cheekily "can ask your hubby to pull it out for you if u have this condition"....ohmigosh...we were inoccent Sec 2 gals....so scandalous for us then....heee....

Hi Sakurasan

That Mrs Tan is Mrs Nancy Tan.....remember i used to call her Moo Moo Tan? Cos the name Nancy always remind me of a cow (no offense meant to pple with same name)....i got my ears tweaked by her for doing something wrong before

The H Ec teachers were all TERRORS!

keruri

Hi Glj,
Me and Peg76 are from the same batch so u r our senior.
happy.gif
u can still rem the teachers and what happened then.. most of the teachers are either not there any more or retired liao. Mr Toh has retired. Honda sounds familiar, who's he?

Hi Peg76, ya... i seldom post these days. mooncake fest is over liao, u still pounding mooncakes? hee.. i oni made once at phoon huat and that's it for this year liao. hee.. so what will be ur next cooking project??

sakurasan

Ooh..can't remember the unmarried Home Econs terror. I hated the sewing bits for Home Econs. I always lived in mortal fear or running the sewing machine over my fingers.
happy.gif
Always remember the test for baking cake..mine took an exceptionally long time to bake. I kept opening the oven until the entire cake collapsed. Had to stay back with those monsters to make another one.

Catz, which part of Thomson do your parents stay in? I grew up in Thomson too..stayed with gramps. Right behind Thomson Plaza.

Glj

i remembered Honda, he taught us Chinese the whole of my 4 yrs!

peg76

hse all done up? what abt ur wedding preps?

keruri

been busy huh?

naturally

Can't remember which home ec teacher was it, but once i had my scrapbook thrown away by one of them. I forgot to do something, decorate the page or something like dat. She demanded an explanation from me, so i mumbled "i think i forgot". Then she blew up, "U THINK?!" and flung my book away. Man, i was so shocked at that pt cos i thot she wanted to hit me with the book!! I kept thinking whether my words had offended her??? But now i know she must be suffering from PMS!!! See how traumatised i was, to remember the incident til now...
sad.gif