Evason Hua Hin, Phuket, Koh Samui

ekiror

Hi Zenn
Of course taj better....service is excellent. Live like king and Queen.
Yup, stay in water villa.
Well, about 6K for 2...7 nights. Both Resort. Heartpain but its worth it.
Hows the service in Evanson?

Hi Bubble
I don't have pic for Evanson. Should ask from Peg and Zenn. nice pics

zenn

Hi planner,

Why did u stayed in 2 resorts huh? Wow $6k alot ya. Well once in a lifetime hehe

Service is Evason very gd! Very personalised. Eg, we are supposed to change to pool villa on 2nd day. When we went to the rest for bfast on 2nd day morning, the staff at the rest actually re confirmed wif us n asked what time we wanna to shift and what time they can arrange someone to help to shift our things over
happy.gif

But one thing to note is their beach n water not very nice...

ekiror

Hi Zenn

Fly all the way there liao, so might as well come out a bit more $$ to experience 2 resort lor. And also we wanted to have at least one week break/honeymoon from the hectic planning of wedding mah..hee hee.

Ya i notice the beach is rough. What a pity as i thought we could swim or snorkel there. But i saw the pool, very nice and inviting...hee hee..

jimmygo

hi mehmeh,

i dun think the hua hin resort was affected as they were on the other side of thailand (i.e. gulf of thailand). krabi? not sure though.

for phuket, u may wish to check the resort status via www.phuket.com

all folks,

i've uploaded pictures of both evason hua hin and evason hua hin hideaway for sharing. do take a look if you're considering the resorts as your next holiday destination.

cheers!

Evason Hua Hin Hideaway -> http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAM2bZyxcOWjgQ
Evason Hua Hin -> http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAM2bZyxcOWjiY

mehmeh_lim

Hi jimmygo

Thanks for sharing. Was considering Hua Hin as my 1st choice. But Phuket has its own airport, so its more convenient. Anyway not going Evason anytime too soon, so hope by the time I intend to go, things wld be alright in Phuket

racherlle

hi all!!

i'm planning for a trip to bkk in may... hmm tot of going to evason hua hin and stay one nite there..
but was wondering hw do we get there??
by the local bus?? any advice??

thanks..

zenn

Hi racherlle,

One nite not enough lah! Moreover, the travelling time from BKK to Hua Hin is 3-4hrs drive leh.

Btw, there is no local bus to book there so you ve to pre book from travel agent or the hotel. The transfer is pretty x so not worth for 1 nite....

You can try calling Evon @ 65330993. She is from Combat Travel.

racherlle

hi zenn!

one nite not enuff ah? hehehe
ok lar.. maybe stay for 2 nites?? keke
btw do u noe roughly the price for the transfer from BKK to Hua Hin?? so I can hav a rough gauge..

thanks for the contacts..
coz i saw that there is a promo for evason huahin.. so wanted to go and try their rooms there
happy.gif

zenn

Hi racherlle,

Ya at least 2 nites cos supposely you depart BKK late morning, you will arrive Hua Hin mid afternoon leh. Dan you will left wif only 1 full day to enjoy. I am sure by then you will find 2 nites too short heee

I booked locally so transfer is included. If I did not remember wrongly, it cost ard $5000 baht per van! The transfer is super X! There is now a shuttle flight to Evason but it cos $5700 baht per person!

How much is the promo Evason having now.

racherlle

hi zenn..

hmm from what i checked so far..
from asiatravel.com
the transfer from BKK to Hua Hin by van costs 3,500baht... wow urs for 5k is a lot!

oh ya the room rates for Evason for the normal room is only SGD115 per nite! cheap rite? hehe
so was tinking of going there for a break
happy.gif

postpet2

Hi ladies,

I'll be off next week to evason.

did anyone do massage in hotel?

I think zenn did it outside the hotel.
is it clean? by the beach kind of they have small privately owned spa shops?

peg76

postpet2
we did the massage at the evason. very good, their staff also very friendly. we were given a couple suite too.

postpet2

Thanks peg.

Rachelle, where did you see that Evason normal room is SGD115?i can't find it in asiatravel.com

seems that asiatravel's trf is cheaper.

jimmygo

hi postpet2,

my wife and i had our massage in the resort. we chose a couple massage package and it was definitely a wnoderful experience. we thoroughly enjoyed the flower and bubble bath. afterwhich, nearly fell asleep under the hands of the skillful therapists. u should try them. afterall, six senses is what evason is famous for.

if you're trying the massage shops just outside the rear gate, they're actually attap huts with people massaging you. similiar to what phuket has. clean? not sure though.

but since u've paid for a bomb to reach there, why not enjoy six senses spa?
happy.gif

lindy_koh

hi,
i'm new to this thread,and am thinkin of a mini honeymoon at the end of aug aft our wedding since maldives is stil in the monsoon season then. I'm thinkin about either Evason or Aleenta...
kao_confused.gif

zenn

Hihi...

Rachelle,
Sorry didnt notice your msg. Ya usually thro van is $3k+ whereas $5k is via shutter plane. So ve you decided to go ahead?

Postpet,
Yes its clean but I find the massage so so only.

lindy_koh

hi,
can anyone advise which Evason is nicer? Samui or Phuket? and also which type of room/suite?
kao_confused.gif
I am plannin to go in aug this year..

Thanks!!

zenn

Hi Lindy,

Fm internet Samui seems nicer esp the one facing the sea but if I am not wrong, there are only nite flight to Koh Samui so kinda wasted first day. You might wanna check it out...

racherlle

hi lindy!

evason hideaway koh samui is definitely nicer!!
it's juz so gorgeous! hehe
share w us ur pics when u r back!

my boss juz went to evason hideaway huahin.. not bad.. but not as nice as koh samui..
happy.gif

yup the only prob is the nite flight.. but since u r going there to enjoy the facility.. dun bother too much abt the flight stuff
happy.gif

lindy_koh

hi,
any idea of how much we would have to spend for maybe 3nites at evason koh samui? And which rooms is nicer (am thinkin of one with a pool).thanks!

postpet2

Hi ladies,

i'm back..

overall trip to bangkok was good...but i'm a little disappointed in Hua Hin generally..haha..
I'm more attracted by Bali and its culture and beaches...guess its very much individual..

Evason is a beautiful resort..we had a studio room..privacy is there.
but cos kids were allowed to stay at this place, thus the pool tend to be a little noisy..

Point to note is Evason, Aleenta stretch of resorts is really far from hua hin town...had to take taxi or hotel's shuttle down town..

Hua hin is a little town with night market and food...

First night's dinner was in the hotel...Not bad. cos its a ala carte buffet dinner..they called it the grazing menu...setting was quite romantic...but rather crowded that night..
next night, i went to town for dinner at this roadside seafood stall.
felt a little con cos the dishes do not look like the picture at all and its not cheap. they had missed my order as well. eg, i had wanted a small steam fish, the owner say no small fish, so i got a medium one....the order came as a plate of sliced fish and the fish does not look fresh...so is the garlic prawns...not shiok..

however, one interesting item i can add to this thread is instead of paying the hotel for transfer from bangkok to hua hin, we took the public bus(coach actually) from bangkok's bus station to hua hin town. then take a taxi to the hotel.
the cost of the public bus is only 128bht. which work out to be abt S$5.50. cab into evason cost 250bht. definitely much cheaper than booking from the hotel. exciting as well cos that's what the locals take and you see a little more about Thai.

zenn

Hi postpet2,

Welcome back! Which resort did you stayed in Bali and whats the main diff? Btw, how long did you take to travel by the public bus and taxi to Evason?

postpet2

Hi zenn...

I've gone bali twice. and had hotel hopped..
so far got try Maya ubud, alila ubud, conrad, ritz carlton, le meridian...
my top fav and recommendation is maya ubud...super resort feel. surrounded by forest and when you swim, its like swimming towards the forest...while having breakfast out in the open, you feel serene...
do try it when you go bali...

it took abt 3hrs from bangkok to hua hin town...then another half hour from town to evason..
i had break the journey in between by stopping at hua hin town to eat lunch before taking cab...
as with all bus terminal, you will be surrounded by cab drivers asking where you going...they do not really want to bargain..i had only bargained for 50bht..not much...
on the evening that i went from evason to hua hin town, i did not manage to catch the shuttle from hotel, so i went along the beach to take the private taxi. cost 500bht for round trip...not cheap leh..

zenn

Hi postpet,

Maya ubud looks nice but v x ya? How much you paid for it?

Oh the travelling time by public bus abt the same ya but saved so much. Worth it! Hee... Btw, the shuttle bus from hotel is not free also! That's why we decided to stayed in hotel instead hehehehe

popie

hi postpet,

there are 2 results when i google maya ubud. should it be the maya ubud resort and spa or maya ubud resort? or is it the same?

sailormoonwt

hi ladies... i m planning for my HM coming early June this year after my AD on 31st May ..

Zenn: hi zenn .. read in yr posting & understn tat u stayed at Evaston .. actually both Evaston & Aleenta r very gorgeous places which u would wan to spend quality time with yr love one jus catching up with one another... i actually went to the website & check up their rates as well as email them.. surprisingly their package (rediscover the romance) is more expensive that what i tot.. THB 61,294 per couple (with spa) but tat is 3D / 2 N ... but if i jus add the accomodation only plus SPA package separately...seems cheaper... i m quite confused here ..
kao_confused.gif

may i know how much u spend for the trip?

can anyone pls advice me if u had yr HM spent at Eavson or Aleenta? hb & i reali love these two places & hope to spend our HM in either one of them
happy.gif

dreamsgal

Hello Sailormoonwt, how's ur HM planning coming along? Evason Hideaway (Hua Hin) is a beautiful and romantic resort. Superb place to spend your HM. The location is pretty secluded and is 30-mins away(by car) from town. Thumps-up if anyone is considering a lovely time with your other half. (My fiance brought me there on my bday last day and that's where he proposed to me!) my AD is in Jun07 and we are also planning for our HM, to Seychelles ..

worry

Hi all,

How to go to Hua Hin from Singapore? Is there a direct flight?

Besides plane, is there any other way to go to Hua Hin from BKK or Phuket Airport? How much does it cost?

Is 1k-1.1k enuff for 3D/2N to stay in Aleenta? Thinking of staying in the Ocean View Suite. Can anyone share with me the experience?
Thanks in advance.

sailormoonwt

hi dreamsgal : hb & i decided to go to Aleenta Phuket for our HM (4D/3N) sometime mid june .. really looking forward to our trip wor .. cos i read alot abt the gorgeous Aleenta and we had a hard time deciding btwn Aleenta at Phuket, Aleenta at Hua Hin and another resort which is more of a stay within the woods...

where is Seychelles?
happy.gif
how many days will yr trip be?

dreamsgal

Hi Sailormoonwt,
that's nice, am sure Aleenta Phuket is a beautiful resort, enjoy ur HM, and do let me know if the place is great. Am planning for a holiday in Phuket in Aug/Sept too. Will be staying at Indigo Pearl (cos i won 2 nights free stay).

Hi S,
There's no direct flight from SIN to HuaHin. What we did last year was to fly to Bangkok, took a 30-min air shuttle from BKK to HuaHin. It's a 12-seater properller plane and the experience was great! On the way there, me and my fiance were the only passengers on board so that makes it our "own private charter"! More info abt the air shuttle: http://www.sixsenses.com/evason-huahin/air_shuttle.php
The service was great, and felt so pampered throughout the ride.

smelly_melly

Hi, I've booked tickets from SIN to Phuket and from BKK back to SIN. Planning to go from Phuket to Hua Hin or Krabi before to BKK. Anyone have any idea?