EUROPE in June anyone?

woof

hey girlfriend...
so all set n ready to fly off liao huh.....
take care
happy.gif

girlfriend

yeah yeah waiting for tonight only!

Just weight my luggage it is 15kg & my hb one only 9kg so still have space to carry stuff back!

cute_devil

hi girlfriend

i realize that u went w/ ChanBrothers to Europe, didn't you?
how's the trip? is it too hectic and tiring? how abt the food? heard they provided mostly chinese food.

i'd like to join CB or other group tour to europe too. Wud love to do Free and Easy but worried not properly plan then will ruin the whole holiday.
what's yr opinion?

linah29

Hi hi,

Me oso back!
Jus start work today.
Will upload the pic when ready k, most properly nx wk...

Girlfriend, how ur trip?

Me n sharlene same group. Nice to know her n her hubby, we had a great time together too!

sharlene

Girlfriend,
Yup, we were back, I am still trying to adjust to Spore timing
happy.gif
How's ur trip?

Yup, Linah and her HB same grp as us, we had a great time "yakking and gossipping" abt our tours :p hehe

cute_devil

hi girls,
how's the europe tour w/ CB? i am looking fwd to hear yr comments as i'm interested to joint CB's tour too.
Is it too rush?
Greatly appreciated for your help

girlfriend

hi chloe,

I had a quite pleasant time with Chan Bros. We have a total of 3 chinese meals. If given a choice, I wld prefer all local food cos u r there to try their culture & food. U can always eat chinese meals when u r back in SG.

Our tour guide is like nanny, v careful & caring, always make sure we get the best value out of the package. Didnt force us to go DFS shopping.

If you are first timer to Europe, I will recommend package tour cos then you will know the history, culture of the place. If you go F&E, yes you will save abit of $ but u wont know the conditions of the hotels & even if you go sightseeing u can only tell people you have seen and been to that place but u wont know the "story" or history behind it, which I felt its important. Of cos, F&E as suggested is free & easy, u dun haf to follow where the group goes.

Btw, chan bros has a nice selection of hotels except for one hotel that stayed in switzerland it sucks! v scary... we have people knocking on our doors in the middle of the night..

But I cant say the same for CB's organization skills, it sucks! They couldnt confirm our tour & update the wrong number everytime i called to ask. Even the week before departure, they couldnt tell me who is the tour guide.

What else har..yeah remember to have a BIG budget if you are going Europe. Budget at least SG$50 a meal for 2 pax. We change SG$2500 in the end spent around SG$1900 for the whole tour, not including spending on luxurious items.

Yeah sharlene, the night before I woke up at 4am and couldnt get to sleep, hb also ...

Look fwd to c Linah & sharlene's photos!

Want to save more $ to go Europe again! hehehhe

sharlene

Girlfriend,
Which hotel in Switzerland did u stayed? We stayed in Astoria Hotel, 4 star, overall very small but clean. There was once, there's a knock and I opened door and no one outside and I thot some kids were playing a prank coz I keep hearing pple playing outside corridor. Rome and Paris hotel are very bad, though Rome is 4 star, but old and quite worn out. Paris one is 3 star, very old and a little smelly too. Other than that, all other hotels very good. Salzburg stayed in 5 star hotel in the city thanks to the govt for using our original Crown price hotel for conference. Holland hotel is also very nice, like 5 star, then Holiday Inn in Italy also new and nice.

If gvn a choice, I wouldn't go Europe again, I will prefer to zoom in Paris, London and Spain. So far Europe to me is educational tour and good for shopping if hv alot budget, other than that, too much travelling and tiring. Overall for fun factor, so so la, but really awesome to see some sceneries.

girlfriend

hi sharlene,

We went 5 days switzerland, 2 days paris & 2 days london.

All of the hotels are pretty comfortable & new at least 4 stars.

The only one that I am v disgusted is the one at Lausanne. I was so tired that I slept first & hb was watching TV. Half way thro, I heard knocks on the door, I thot it was my husband. Then he told me someone knocking on the door so we ignored cos no peephole dun dare to open.

When my husband joined me to sleep, we heard a few knocks and its those try to use keys to open door one, so scared throughout the night, we lock every lock possible & even use the key to do internal lock. In the end, we didnt sleep very well. :-(((

Ask other people, they dun haf the same experience as us.

In Lucerne, we stayed at NH hotel, you stayed over at Lucerne right when you are at switzerland?

In Paris, we stayed at Mecure not bad but its abit suburban.

I will also zoom in to Paris, London & Italy mayb hope to go Madrid too...

I come across a hotel reservation website for Europe, nt too ex ard 60+ euros per night u can book quite good hotel.

linah29

Hi,

I totally agree wif sharlene!

It's really a tiring trip, for example in belgium, we only there for 2 hrs, include lunch, n got to rush to paris.
And the europe 12hrs clocking sys. Driver can only drive 12hrs a day... Beri restricted lor!

Switz, we at lucerne. but not NH Hotel. We stay at NH hotel at holland, thou only 4 star but tat really a nice one, in room come wif iron and board 2! hehee...

Nx time, will go Spain & Portugal. But not in near future, cos hubby intend to further his study!
Haha, hopefully we have a new thread, "Spain in ..."

girlfriend

yeah NH is a nice boutique hotel. We stayed there for 2 nights when we are at Lucerne.

I am looking at the Germany,Prague or Sweden,Denmark next year if we have $.

I just went to develop our photos..heart pain! I develop ard 500 pictures.

linah29

U developed all the fotos? Or Shortlisted ones only? U using digital? how much u pay for per pc?

Me took about 800plus, haven gone thro them and selected which to be develop! Another headache.

Btw, I noe konica develop @ 25cents per pc without any handling fee. If u burn all images to be develop into a cd and more than 100pcs only 20cents each. Me tried, quality good too...

woof

halo all,

I m back on wed....was damn tired......quite enjoyed myself wif the sightseeing but not the shopping......i did shopping onli in London...overall still ok.....the best hotel we stayed in is in PAris....the bed was so comfortable tat i did not feel like waking up
happy.gif
since they haf no nite life, we decided to go for the MOulin Rouge which costs us a Bomb...Itz euro115.....expensive hor can't belive we actually decided to go as in singapore, we dun even wan to go for concert...haha..but we really enjoyed the 2hr show.......

i took lots of fotos..guess more than 1000+ as we juz snap n snap......luckily we brought along our laptop to download the pics if not really not enuff memory...will take some time to look thur the fotos den develop those nice ones........

the standard of living is damn high n guess wat...my Hubby told me tat "this is the 1st n the last liao, nex time bo liao" so sad hor...anyway i cant adapt to the food lah....everydae they muz eat bread one......

will select some nice pics n show u gals online once they r ready
happy.gif

girlfriend

hi d_woof, welcome back!

Err..i quite like bread lah so I can live with bread everyday. I liked the bread that I ate at Switzerland Lucerne but the rest cant say the same cos usually too hard & only gave us butter & jam to go with it. U knw sgp, our bread is spolit for choice haf pork floss, tuna, ham & egg etc etc hehehhe

We loved the places so much that we decided to save more $ so that next year we can go for another BIG trip lor.. I guess this kind of trip is only possible when we are still childless & no extra burden.

I agreed the standard of living is v high, everything also expensive so I didnt get much useless tourist stuff like I used to buy when I visit BKK. Over there, the cheapest tourist item i can find also 1.99pound which is like $6..

Wow Linah, never say earlier! Mine is digital, already chose the best out of the worst. Alamak, I have developed mine at 30cents per pc & I thot that is best deal I can get. Anyway can I have the contact so that next time I can use them?

We took ard 700+ pics, developed ard 500, spent ard $150 on pics, heart pain too but old folks want to c pics leh...

woof

halo girlfriend..
ic so u quite "ang mo" hor...true lor..most of the bread r hard n no choice....but den in London they haf different types of jam so not so bad...but anyway when in London left 2 more daes so oreadi sick of eating bread for the last 2 daes liao.......
oh yeah i din buy much stuff too.......
me n my hB still in the mist of selecting the fotos to develop

hey tsukushi,
oh there r chinese restaurants in europe....some of the meals provided r chinese food so still nt so bad...itz onli the breakfast tat the hotel provide sure bread or cereal......

sharlene

Dwoof,
I also love bread. But Crossants in Europe not as nice leh, especially the butter crossants are sweet one which I not used to it. Crossants in Germany are very nice, Italy crossants are so much cheaper as compared to Singapore.

Girlfriend,
Other than UK, for Europe, its the exchange rate that makes the things ex, if dun convert it to singapore dollars, some things there are prices reasonably similar to spore leh.

I prefer to go US next big trip if wanna plan.

Tsukushi,
There are many many chinese restuarants in Europe. 70% of our meals are chinese food.

Linah,
CHk ur gmail
happy.gif

girlfriend

heh heh d_woof, I am used to eating bread for breakfast, bread from breadtalk, prima deli etc etc but of cos those are tastier than europe bread lah...

Btw, d_woof do check out konica, I passed by one today its really 25cents per pc wor..it saves up to alot if u haf many pics to print.

sharlene, they tasted the same to me leh..but i m not a big fan of croissants i prefer those foccacia and hard/soft bun & their yummy butter.

I dont think I can stand 18 hours of long flight to US. 15 is really max for me! hehehe

We only had 3 chinese meals but its good enough, i prefer to eat their local food, more interesting hehehe

Yeah sharlene, if you earn their $ & spend their $ its considered cheap but we earn sgd and spend euros or pounds, its ALOT difference!

One thing, their sports wear, branded, luxury stuff are relatively cheaper than sgp.

makino

Actually I loved the bread and butter there.

In some countries like Italy, it is not advised to drink water from the tap. Just wondering whether it's safe to drink their soup and Chinese tea? hehe.. I guess I'm quite paranoid.

icy

Girls,
I am Back!!!

The most memorable thing is I went climbing the 320 stairs at St. Peter.. wa lao.. kanna conned, I thought it is a lift straight up to the top like merlion, end up only have up to 3rd level, and I have to climb stairs all the way up, and it is a single way, cannot U-turn. with the narrow steps, and spiral staircase, I nearly died.

I like mount titlis, it is so fun - snow and scenary, we had wine up there in the mountains and got drunk hahaha.. then I "qiao zha" my hb for a swatch watch.. wouldnt have done that if I am not high.. hahaha. Me also went Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Belgium, France. We spent more on godiva chocolates then anything else.. yummy!! And Me get so Tanned now, becos it became sunny on my 2nd week.. mil also say I slim down a lot, cos I dun like the chinese food provided by Chan Bros. Every chinese meal also have "San Chen rou" eek!!

I am went for the red light district at Amsterdam at around 7pm.. not much things to see yet.. hahaha only catch 2 woman "dancing" ard, but they closed their curtains after they see us, cos my tour group very big ah.. - 37 pax.

girlfriend

Icy welcome back!

I guess u enjoyed yourself! did u buy any LV or Gucci? hehehe

Yeah the last 2 days of our trip is very very hot, weather like SGP plus malls dun haf aircon, hot plus hot!!!

Nvm, get the watch as pre-aniversary gift from hb!!

Your group really v big wor but is it managable? Everyone on time?

Mine quite good only 19 pax, 9 pax went London, the rest finished their tour in paris.

We also loved Mt Titlis! Like big big ice-kachang!

Tsukushi, I will advise you to either buy mineral water from supermart or bring your own airport to boil the water before drinking. I only knew water from switzerland is safe to drink from tap, the rest cannot drink from tap.

The soup & chinese tea should b safe cos they have boiled the water. At least I didnt suffer from food poisoning after drinking those. For those with sensitive skin, dun wash your face from the tap water. My sis's friend, kenna outbreak aft doing so in US.

woof

halo Sharlene,
so u r a bread lover.....den u din really suffer there lah....
happy.gif

girlfriend,
thanx for ur info...will do the check out once i have picked the pics tat i wan to develop...

icy,
welcome back too.....oh yes...i have a memeorable day at Mt Titlis.....bought a horseshoe keyholder wif a bell in the middle or shld i say cowshoe as swiss is famous for COWS.....ur group is bIG? i dun tink so lah...mine bigger...we had 43 in our group but den than goodness, most of the time everyone is on time
happy.gif

sharlene

dWOOF
yAH, ok la, coz not everyplace bread are nice, plus I love butter thus ok!! hee hee.

Icy,
Our grp have fun gossipping abt the tour managers tips and comms hehehe

girlfriend

linah,

my fren complained that the shop@ clementi nt good.

I think the Konica near my house also charging 20-25cents. I passed by & saw the banner.

icy

girlfriend,
i guess i am still lucky, except 1 old lady who have difficulty walking fast, the rest of the retirees very fit and the kids are so guai and never create any problems for us. but big groups tend to have their gangs and not so close together. moreover we joined a group which were there 2-3 days earlier than us.

girlfriend,
where else u know charge at 20 cents, I also interested.

girlfriend

is Sengkang far for u?

If not like Linah says, check out the Konica website & call the one nearest to u to check if they can charge u cheaper if u develop a certain qty.

I heartpain, if 20cents per pc, I can save $50 leh..heheheh next time i know.

linah29

girlfriend,

Oh, me & my sis-in-law been developing our fotos there for sometime liao leh! Find them beri good leh...

hmmm, $50, u can choose more pics to develop ya!

Nx time try sending them some photos(birthday, anniv) to develop, if good, send all the travel pics there, will really save alot!

girlfriend

icy, yeah its at rivervale, the one with the wet market. There is a Konica shop over there but I'm nt sure of the quality.

Linah, mayb my fren is an one off case. :) Yeah lor $50, I can buy a pair of shoes already

icy

girlfriend,
great, i will go there and check it out, my mum place just beside it hahaha, used to go there to take passport size pix.

woof

hey gers,
wa.....sengkang too far for me liao.......

i've uploaded some selective pics liao..if u wan i can share wif u gers.....juz leave ur email addy...anyone wans to share wif me too
happy.gif