EUROPE in June anyone?

girlfriend

hi d_woof,

I'm an old bride hahaha.. my AD was June 2004, cos of budget, we delayed our hm till now, went BKK after wedding for a shopping spreeee..

what's your email?

Do you need the wedding schedule template? I can send it to you, rather useful...

Jus relax & make sure you have some reliable people who will run the show for you!

woof

wow girlfriend,
tat was almost a yr ago....n u r so active in this forum.....hook n it liao izzit......
oic......a yr later HM den another yr later got BB liao lah....

can can send to me
kao_happy.gif

my email add is daphengpl@hotmail

girlfriend

ok done d_woof, I sent the AIG promo to you.

The other one, i'll send when i'm back home.

Yeah lor... old bride! sometimes bo liao come & ka chiao & kpo..moreover one of my gfs is getting married, so come & research abit! hehehehe

Hopefully next year can laid an egg hahhaha

woof

hey girlfriend,
i've recv oreadi..thanx for tat...

oic...so do share wif us the fotos when we r back......

all the best when making BB.......

btw, do u noe the xchange rate?

girlfriend

hi d_woof,

sent u the wedding schedule file as well.

Xchange rate, dunno, havent checked.

I think will go & find out when our tour is 100% confirmed.

girlfriend

hi hi d_woof, my tour is confirmed, will b attending briefing this sunday!

Exchange rate I think:

1 Swiss Francs = 1.36 SGD

1 Euro = 2.05 SGD

1 Pound = 3.00 SGD

icy

girlfriend & sharlene,
yah man, mine also confirmed. :D my breifing is at 4pm, how abt u all?

girlfriend, where did u get the rates from, the one I see around, 1 euro = 2.13SGD

linah29

Hi Gers,

My Tour is oso confirm.
But my Actual dept date not engh ppl leaving so bring forward to 6 June.

My briefing oso tis sun 4pm!!
Cya...

icy

sharlene & linah,
okie dokie, see u all then.. maybe can exchange ideas on how much $$ and what clothes to bring

girlfriend

sharlene, my briefing is at 3pm.

I think for 13 days romance group, the briefing is at 4pm.

Btw, my fren in switzerland was telling me switzerland accept Euros so dun need to change swiss francs. The exchange rate over there is 3CHF=2Euros, slightly better than SG.

We will exchange Euros & Pounds, mayb altogether 2k, the rest sign card.

sharlene

Linah,
Mine also 6th June but by SQ, urs? Maybe we same grp
happy.gif

Girlfriend,
Wah $2k per pax for per couple? I find it alot leh :p

woof

girlfriend,
do share wif me abt the briefing.....the xchange rate tat u shared wif us..can i ask which money changer huh?

oh so ur recommendation is not to change to swiss francs? juz haf the euro n pound?

hey gers,
do rem to charge up ur camera n take lots of fotos ok? share wif me
happy.gif

girlfriend

sharlene, i meant 2k per couple not per pax.

yes d_woof, we only intend to change Euros & Pounds cos my friend in switzerland said they also accept Euros.

d_woof, when r u going for your briefing??

woof

hey girlfriend...
no news yet leh...will be flying in 2wks time n den no briefing yet....mayb as the date draws nearer......so where r u gng to change the $?

girlfriend

d_woof, I will b changing $ at pearl centre lor, u know the outram OG? There are many money changers over there, my friend said chinese give better rate.

My fren jus checked out the rate it is 2.10SGD to 1Euros.

I'll let u know the rate i've changed.

girlfriend

Hi,

just came back from briefing, already eager to share infor hahahaa..

I've changed $ at pearl centre,

1.36 SGD = 1 Swiss Francs
2.09 SGD = 1 Euro
3.04 SGD = 1 Pound

Anyway briefing said to change all currencies, so jus change, if cannot finish will change back to SGD.

Infor for you d_woof,

Photocopy your passport & put it in separate luggage so in the event it's lost, its easier to make report.

Cross pack your hubby & your luggage so in the event that 1 baggage misconnect, u still haf clothes at your hubby's luggage.

Not v cold now, can bring light & comfy clothes that we normally wear in SG.

Budget around 10 Euros or 20 swiss francs per meal.

That's all I remember... heheheh

woof

hey girlfriend,
thanx for ur info...

got a call fm my agency too...briefing will be on tues but den we cant make it n we will be gng down on wed.....

oh yes, the xchange rate tally wif wat i noe too (as of yesterday) din ask abt the swiss francs.....dunno how much to change leh...mayb can u email me to tell [email protected]

girlfriend

d_woof

no prob, the agency said budget around 20 swiss francs, 10 euros & he didnt mention pounds wor..but i assume around 7 pounds per meal.

In total, if possible change around 100 euros per couple per day.

Tipping is 4 Euro per day (2 Euro for guide, 2 Euro for bus driver) so if you are on 12 days tour (though some days on flight), budget around 4 Euros x 12 =48 Euros for tipping.

For us, we change 1000SGD to Swiss Francs, 600SGD to Euros & 600SGD to pounds. Total change around SGD2214.60 i think.

If have credit cards, can bring card to sign at major store, if dun have, bring the new POSB atm card, which you can withdraw cash from overseas but its chargable at $5 per withdrawal + prevailing exchange rate.

The guide also advise to up the credit card limit, which i dun intend to do so..v xiong hw to pay back after the trip heheheh..

icy

hi girls,
just wanna let u all know. Yesterday I went for briefing and also to make my payment at Chan brothers. My package have price guarantee, and i remember I check before and natas rate was cheaper then what I signed for so I was surprise that there is no discount when I got that hotel confirmation paper.

Fortunately I went to check with them, and after 10 mins of checking, they gave me the discount price at Natas which is $200 cheaper.. we did ask them how come no direct deduct, must wait for us to say.. he says they will refund us even if we pay more now.. ehem.. which I doubt.. i wonder if they really does.

girlfriend

hi icy...

same situation happens to me but I guess i'm luckier~ They told me the balance amount & I question them on the amount. SHe even asked me to check with the one that booked my tour, I told her the person already resigned hw to check.

Then she kuai kuai check with her colleague & get back to me that my package is actually less $100 in Natas so be careful if you are under Chan Bros, make sure the amount is correct!

Btw, I've bought the AIG voyager insurance, i find it pretty comprehensive!

woof

hi girlfriend,
u provided the amt tat u xchange which really helps...dunno how much to change but anyway will go for the briefing n i will know.....
will update u if there's any extra info.....

girlfriend

no problem!

If you have bigger budget of cos u can change more wor..but agency said no point bring SGD there cos they wont recognise the $. Hence, if possible, change more (just in case) if not like me bring the new POSB bank card, can withdraw $ in case not enough cos not every shop accept card.

We also dun want to overspend cos come to think of it, the whole trip already spent close to 10k.

Btw, anyone knows that besides OCBC who is charging an admin fee for swiping their card overseas, which other banks have the same policies?

woof

hey girlfriend,
well when calculate...itz abt 1.4k per pax to change the currency......wow.....got to eat bread after comin back fm the trip liao
happy.gif

girlfriend

d_woof so u change ard 1.4k per pax?

I change ard 1.1k per pax.. anyway jus spent within budget hahahah

I think this thread v. quiet cos everyone is busy preparing for their big day in June..I'm the only old bride!

bellebelle

girlfriend,

I just called a few days ago to request for a pin in order to withdraw money overseas and asked them about their charges and this is what I was told.

woof

hi girlfriend,
oh yes...i guess everyone bz.....
but if according to blushblush they do charge extra den itz not worth it..but den oso dun carry too much cash...nt too safe

girlfriend

hi blushblush,

i'm talking abt charging credit card at overseas heheheh not withdrawing $.

Anyway only OCBC admit there is admin charges involved in charging your card at overseas, the rest of the banks said there is no extra charge only they change at the prevailing exchange rate.

However, OCBC told me most banks do charge admin fee when you charge your card overseas just that they dont tell you outfront as the amount is negligble.

bellebelle

girlfriend,

Oops... Sorry for the miscomm.

Ladies, you don't have to worry much about Swiss Francs as they too accept Euro when I was in Switzerland last year. You may want to changes more Euro was it is more widely accepted in other parts of Europe

sharlene

Gals,
I changed my currency at Raffles place yesterday.

1 swiss franc = 1.35 SGD
1 Euro = 2.06SGD

We changed 1.2k or euro and 150 Swiss franc yesterday. Intend to change another 50-100 swiss franc in airport.

girlfriend

sharlene, your swiss franc rate not bad..

how's wedding? I believe most of the gals wedding was last weekend...

Now can relax abit & plan for trip liao!

Sharlene & Linah, bon voyage!

woof

hey sharlene,
thanx for the update......

girlfriend,
sori for late reply....i juz finished my AD on sat....oh yes, lookin fwd to my trip
happy.gif

check out the xchange rate yesterdae, it was 2.09 for euro...seems like the currency drop on sat...but den was fully engage on sat.....

do update the xchange rate if u gals know abt it
happy.gif

girlfriend

I jus went to a money changer, 1 CHF = 1.35SGD, 1 Euro =2.05 SGD.

Can u believe it, swiss francs all sold out in 2 money changers??

d_woof, now more relax, can pack for your tour right?

woof

hey girlfriend,
the rate not bad huh...which money changer u go to?
really all sold out den how........
ya now looking forward to HM..

girlfriend

d_woof,

I checked out the one at suntec city & millenia walk. I think I'll check out the one near my house later, if not change at airport lor bo pian. Need to change more $ to pay for Mt Titlus trip.

Icy, you can find a lot of money changers at The Arcade.

I just have to ren 2 more days, i will be off to my holiday!

sharlene

Icy,
Arcade there are 3 money changer, the one at basement left side one hv better rate, can even bargain abit. 2 opp each other, just remember the one opposite city money changer.

Girlfriend,
Just revd call frm tour leader that its raining in Europe and thunderstorm expected in ROme tomr....not yet feel the excitement yet leh...coz saw weather next few days will be raining and temp still quite low.

linah29

Hi Gers,

me change 1 Swiss = 1.33SGD, 1 Euro = 2.06 SGD at northpoint.

Jus finish packing a while ago only!
Been so rush since sat...

Wish all of you have fun! Let chat n share pics when bk in 2 weeks time k... Take Care!

woof

hey linah,
the swiss rate is gd....

hery gers,
the rate i got yesterdae fm CHinatown is
1 swiss = 1.34SGD, 1 euro = 2.055SGD and if u r using pound itz 1 pound = 3.045SGD....

r u gers gng for abt 10-12 days?
i dunno how much is enuff....

girlfriend

linah & sharlene fly off already! hehehe

Yeah the temperature still remains low, wonder if i've packed the correct clothings!

Gals, remember to bring umbrella wor!

I think the rate is "dropping" by a few cents. Yest went suntec fountain, 1 swiss franc=1.348 SGD

They are going for 13+1 days.

woof

hey girlfriend,
thanx for updating....i tink the rate is more or less the same....as u mentioned juz a few cents difference.....
so when r u flying off?

icy

Sharlene thanks. :D
have a great trip..

Girlfriend,
U too, enjoy urself.. how many luggage fo u have now??

girlfriend

thanks! I defintely will.. counting down the hours already hahhhaah...

err.. I have one big luggage, my husband a duffle bag & 1 hand carry each for essentials.