EUROPE in June anyone?

yuki_ko

Hi d_woof...

2.1686 - 20 April...

Must check out the exchange rate... do share if u gals know anywhere having lesser than 2.1686... hehhee..

peeper

tsukushi... thanks. i'm asking becos fren ask what brand can be found there.. so tat he can see if there's anything he wans me to buy... but i oso duno what brands can be found in the 3 places i mentioned. so i need to find out what brands available.

girlfriend

no-time,

Rolex (branded watches) in Switzerland, Gucci in Italy, LV in Paris, burberry in London.. must buy if you have $!!

btw,anyone of u has the tour confirmation from your agency?

So sad, mine still 5 pax only! only 6 weeks to tour date.

makino

hi peeper.. too bad is a guy. I think u can check out Zara in Spain. Esprit is quite cheap I think, across most of Europe. In Italy there is a leather 'factory outlet' in Florence, very near the Santa Croce I think. You can find a lot of branded leather goods there, like belts, wallets, at a good price. As a guide, if you are in Italy, buy MADE IN ITALY, if you are in France, buy MADE IN FRANCE.

lfc

hi girlfriend
think u better call up d tour agency 2 confirm whether its going ahead or not....
if not, ask 4 alternatives locations / packages

woof

hi all,
juz wanna update u on the xchange rate....itz still at 2.16 as on 23april

my tour is confirmed......there will be ard 30pax for my package...briedfing n payment will be done 2 wks b4 the trip
happy.gif

girlfriend

LFC, already called so many times..

hahaha to tell u the truth, I called nearly every week..

The figure still remains the same!
angry.gif

They said they can offer us alternatives two weeks before departure.. hai~

Most probably will take the 13 days romance if they cant confirm the 12 days tour.

Anyway those under Chan Bros, better check with them if your tour is confirmed...

Now bad experience with Chan Bros.

lfc

hi girlfriend
aiyo, like that how 2 apply leave?!
think unlikely that d tour will go ahead... better, make preparation 2 switch 2 another tour package... maybe talk 2 them, and see which are the confirmed departure dates available...

sharlene

Girlfriend,
To be fair to chan brothers, its not their fault that tour can only be confirmed 2 weeks prior to departure. Other tour operators the same. Last time I had book Cairns and Gold Coast package tour with Sa tours also, the sales person still tell us no problem for this trip to confirm as will hv alot honeymooners that period, then when we keep calling, tours only hv 4 pax only and need 10 to confirm. 2 wks prior to departure, they inform us unable to confirm due to poor attendance and pushes to us to Sydney tour instead. At that pt of time, my Hb and I were very unhappy as that's a completely different scenerio the sales told us, in the end, we book another Gold coast package tour with Chan Brothers. I guess they can't confirm now as I still constantly seeing Chan brothers to advertise on Europe tour with varies departure date. Tht's the cons of package tour. Gotta be prepared.

girlfriend

hi sharlene,

I know ... but v frustrating for us too cos' if we want to switch tours, its kind of hard as the prices r expensive now plus the leave also.

They said they have a few 13 days Europe tour that is confirmed, so in the event ours is cancelled, we will b taking up that option but hopefully they can offer a better price to us if not I rather join SA tours.

sharlene

Girlfriend,
I saw the SA tour iternary and meals covered are lesser.

What is the confirmed departure date? Coz mine also the 13 days tour. I thot the price offer now was slightly lower than what I signed up previously.

lfc

hi girlfriend
you may wish 2 oso consider CTC 16 days - dep 2 July.. heard from my friend that its confirmed.

girlfriend

hi sharlene

the confirmed dates for 13D are 5 June & 6 June.

For mine (12 D), none r confirmed at all.
sad.gif

I booked mine during a promotion so if I switch tour now, I have to pay the current price. If I switch, most prob will take the 5 June one cos by Air France slightly cheaper.

Hi LFC, I cant go in Jul. Muz go 2nd wk of June, come back by 4th wk of June cos hubby is a teacher.

icy, i think u dont haf to worry, 13D, I heard selling like hotcakes!

icy

girlfriend,
mine is 12 June also under air france, do u intend to extend to london? Me dun intend to becos of the additional cost.

then u can also consider my date, will come back on the 24 June (friday) last week before school starts. :p

yuki_ko

Hi Gals

For me, I booked F&E tour instead... so... not tied down with all the departure dates. You might wanna use that as the last resort.

I used to work for agency. It's tough to get numbers sometimes, especially when departure dates are so close to each other... most pple will choose departure date suitable for themselves leaving some date not so popular.

Why not try to get a more regular update on the numbers joining the tour, give yrself a date and by this date if the tour agency still cannot give u a confirmation, you might wanna start looking for alternatives rather than wait till the last 2 weeks lor... coz by then, it would be very difficult to find a tour liao... u may be at the mercy of the agency as to which tour to join...

Juz my point of view of course...

icy

girlfriend,
I called Chanbros again, at first they told me my date confirmed already, but then later they call and said not confirmed yet, only 10 pax sign up but they will push for it because they already pay for the air tix for our dates.. mmm wonder how it works.. but at least this time, they give more assurance to me.

girlfriend

hi LFC, I hope so too...

hi Yuki, I'm already looking for alternatives but if I book/switch now, it'll b too expensive already! :-( hahaha i think I have called them fairly regularly to find out the numbers.

icy, that's good to hear. We must go on 2nd week & come back on 3rd week so I can only join the 5 or 6 June tour. I wont extend my stay cos too ex already cos already exceed our initial budget by switching tour.

woof

sharlene,
actually itz kind of confirm coz they asked me to send them my details.....so last weekend i dropped by to ask n the saleperson said itz oreadi confirmed.

icy

dwoof,
my departure date on the 12 June, they say only can confirm 2 weeks before the date.
sad.gif

woof

hey icy n girlfriend,
my colleague oso gng to switzerland on the 9th June n hers not confirm yet....she told me at the moment onli got 10 pax......

icy

Sharlene,
yeap yeap, urs is confirm..Congrats!! forget to tell u.. I heard 5 & 6 june all confirm already.

girlfriend

d_woof, which tour agency did your friend sign up wif?

I've checked with SA tours, the 12 days package, 4 June is already fully booked on left the one departing on 12 June, which we cant make it. :-(

So sad, I'm still waiting for confirmation for mine... hai~

icy

sharlene,
mine ah, the last time i see this advertisment, I call and ask, they told me sales gimmic one lor. so fedup.

woof

hey girlfriend,
i've booked the one departing on 11th wif SA tour.......so actually which package u haf booked huh? rem u mentioned but den cant rem liao
happy.gif

sharlene,
oh glad to hear tat urs confirm......

so icy i tink urs will be soon lah....dun wori....

girlfriend

d_woof, I mean your friend, booked which tour with Chan Bros?

Eremm..mine is with Chan Bros same package as yours but by air france, departing on 8 June.

I v "kan-chiong" so I called Chan Bros again.. they said my tour is confirmed!!!! phew.. they are combining my tour with the 10 days tour, our group only 13 people, v small group!

Hb asked me to get email confirmed from them.. *eyes rolling*...

Btw, d_woof I read from other threads that you r holding your wedding at dragon gate? So far how's their service level? I'm helping my fren to do some wedding coordination for her March wedding next year.

woof

hey girlfriend,
nt sure which tour agency she is wif.....btw i m quite confused...r u wif CHan bro or SA....

oh yes..holding my wedding at DG........service? cant comment yet but the food alrite..will keep u update once my AD is over.....if ur friend is very particular abt the ambience den she has to ask for some expert to do up the place...for me trying to cut cost so stick wif the cheena look
happy.gif

girlfriend

d_woof, I'm with Chan Bros. :)

Ic...eremmm.. anyway I've offered to help her to decor the place, see if she wants to take up my offer hahahaha...

Anyway ladies, I've received an offer email from AIG regarding travel insurance @ 20% off. I've checked, each pax costs $56 to Europe (after d/c), usual around $70-$80. Interested? jus leave your email in the forum or drop me a pm.

woof

hey girlfriend,
ic....itz gd tat ur tour is confirm...
my friend oso told me tat she has changed her departure date fm 10th to 8th..she's covering switzeland n paris..she's gng wif some friends but she's not sure which tour agency as her friend booked for her....

no-time,
nt sure so cant help..sori

frostie

hiyah,,

anyone going 2 prague in june? me planning for a 3 weeks F&E in czech n austria.. ending off 4 days in paris.. care 2 share itinerery!?

girlfriend

hi d_woof, ic...eremmm if she's joining a tour, most probably, it wld b chan bros cos i've checked they r the only agent departing on 8 June. Is she going on 10 days tour? Switzerland & Paris?

Now is the time to look out for long sleeves clothings heheheh cos weather is around 10+ degrees.

woof

halo girlfriend,
i m nt sure...i asked her izzit chan bro, she said no...den asked he dynasty..n she says ya ya....so i oso confused aft u tell me tat itz chan bro...

the details u provide r rite...leaving on 8June n itz a 10 daes tour to Switz n Paris....

wow, tat cold? anyway now i start to get worried abt my AD liao..seems like not well prepared leh....the deco, the AD stuffs, guest list (afraid tat pple wun turn up
sad.gif
) i know itz impossible to avoid but i dunno y....juz the feeling...

girlfriend

hahah doesnt matter which one, as long as her tour is confirmed cos I only check out SA, CTC & Anandas. Chan Bros is the only one among those that I've checked that is departing on 8 June, I did not check Dynasty though.

Its ard 10+ degrees, it will b colder in Switzerland I think but the weather shld b changing. I'm afraid of cold... in aircon 22 degrees already shivering sometimes.

Dun worry, it will turn out to b ok..did u receive their RSVP?

What i did was to remind them 2 days in advance thro' sms & informing them their table number so that they dun haf to fumble & look for table number when they arrive, i have at least 95% attendance for my wedding, not so bad.. only 1 table haf 6 guests, the rest full or at least 8.

Jus enjoy yourself, you are the "zhu jiao" on that day, delegate the work to your jie meis or xiong dis to take care...relaxxxxxx... !!!

woof

hey girlfriend,

oh tat cold.....well will wait for the briefing fm the tour agency n c wat i nid to bring....

wow ur AD is oveR? when was it? so glad tat urs over...i m still struggling wif it.....hopefully things turn out to be fine.......well actually wat i did was to sms n c whether they can come b4 sending out the cards..will msg or call them up over this long weekend to confirm......anyway oreadi recv 2 person nt coming after i sent out the card...at first they said ok.....haven decide on the table arrangement yet......will try to get it done this wkend......sun is my GDL....

can u send me the details for the insurance thingy?
thanx