EUROPE in June anyone?

woof

linah,
wow, i like ur website
happy.gif

cute_devil

thanks cookie.
i'm eyeing on this package too, but worried cos have to travel 8 countries in 2 weeks.
was it very rushed and tiring?
any external cost/additional tour?

cookies_gal

Hi Chloe,
Personally, I found it very relaxing coz the European drivers are only allowed to work 12 hrs each day.

As for additional tours, it depends on your tour guide. My guide proposed quite a number of optional excursions which adds up to quite a bit but they all made the trip so much more memorable.

We had optional excursions in
a) Italy (Leaning Tower in Pisa & gondola ride in Venice)- abt 50 euros/pax in total
b) Switzerland (Fondue Dinner at Interlaken) - 80 SwissFrancs/pax
c) Amsterdam (afternoon out at a town by the North sea, 20 euros/pax); and
d) England (Windsor Castle & Christchurch, Oxford, 50 pounds/pax).

Usually, there's an option to go for a night show/cruise in Paris (about 130 euros/pax), but we decided to go for a night trip up the Eiffel Tower instead.

yuki_ko

Hi Cookiegal

I went on my own to Leaning Tower of Pisa... only cost us euro 5 each for the train ticket... as for the gondola ride, we didn't find it interesting... but we took the varaperette for the canal tour, which i find is equally interesting especially if u r seating on the 1st seat... that cost us euro 10.50 / day/ pax...

Think it's much cheaper and more relax if u go on yr own... we were seating on the grass, chit chatting enjoying the cool breeze and drinks...

cookies_gal

Yuki,
If I do a free and easy, my itinerary will be very hectic coz I like to squeeze in as many sights as possible! My most tiring days in the tour were those days that we had the whole day free to ourselves! I'll wake up early early and go back to the hotel late late! So it really depends on your character.
happy.gif

yuki_ko

Hi Cookie

Hahhaha.... Guess, our character different... I'm that sort who wanna walk and enjoy the scenaries... take our time in exploring each attractions... so, for me alot of time are spent experiencing the life of the locals... like drinking coffee and tea by the side walks... seating around eating gelato... people watching... listening to FREE ochestra... watching street performers...

But of course, that's because i'm lazy lah... wanna take our time in seeing each place... that's y u landed yrself in a few countries and for mi, I only visited 1 country lor...

Actually, I also went out pretty early and come home very late... coz the day time started very early and ended very late... so nvr felt that it was already soooo late....

cookies_gal

Hi Yuki,

Actually, I find that in free and easy, I do get to do a more in depth coverage of each place I visit. Maybe because I'm the one setting the time allocated to each place of interest instead of being restricted by the tour guide's timing. To me, I define the coverage by the number of photos we get to take. hehe.. while my hubby is busy taking photos, I will be able walk around and explore. In group tour, you must take your pics quickly and have less time to walk around to catch different angles of a place.

As for experiencing the life of the locals, the most important aspect to me is tasting the local food. (hehehe, that's coz both hubby and I love to eat!) So I'll always research on the local food and make sure I try it.

Talking about free orchestra, when we were in Florence, there was a ballet rehearsal going on. The arts culture in Europe is so alive compared to S'pore. Imagine, >10 muscials every night in London compared to maybe 2-3 musicals a year in Singapore.

yuki_ko

Hi Cookie

I love to eat too... over there, we tried the local cuisine... guess wat, I even tried grilled rabbit... abit too adventureous I guess... kinda regret it now...

We were @ the St Mark's square and there were free orchestra everynite there... so we juz sit around and enjoy the music and cool breeze... There were street performers who can perform really well too... we saw those who played music using glassware, a few sopronos and some puppet performers too... really interesting...

Does that mean, the more photos yr hubby took, the more time u have to explore around... hehehhe...

Think group tour really no time to take pics even... coz we joined 1/2 day tour in Rome & Florence (included in the package), we have to rush to get some pics taken... in the end it wasn't well done... we went back to the place again to retake it.. hehehe..

cookies_gal

Hi BabyCupid,

We went with Chan Brothers and covered the following countries: Italy, Vatican City, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France and England. The basic package costs $4399 excluding airport & fuel taxes.

ash22

hi, anyone had already been to europe for honeymoon? how much money did u all bring over there to spent? thanks

rtan

We went last year to France: Paris, Strasbourg, Colmar, Annecy, Avignon, Nimes. 19 days. 4 of us spent SGD 3k per person inclusive of everything (airfare, car rental, ETAP hotels).

France is not as expensive as people make it out to be. Trains are not cheap though.

aspialle

Depends on whether ur buying branded gds or not. Ash, the meals there u need to prepare abt S$30 per pax for a presentable decent meal. my hubby n i did not spend v much so for expenditure we brought $1000 per person
Went to Switzerland and Paris, 10 days with SA tours.

rtan

S$30 (about EUR 15) will get you a very good meal. We spent mostly between EUR 8.70 and EUR 11.95 per person for dinner (all of them were fantastic 3-course meals at restaurant chains like "Le Table"; some of our meals were at private restaursnts; EUR 11 was enough to get escargots as a starter). Note that the price you see is the price you pay; you are not expected to tip, as all taxes and service charges are already included in the prices. Lunch and breakfast, we settled by buying fantastic and cheap bread (plus spreads, cheeses, etc.) from any local supermarket.

Forget about fast food there; you are wasting your time and money. Plus... fast food in the land of amazing culinary dishes? Geez.

If you really miss chinese food, bring your own cup noodles, a metal tin, and a hot rod (with appropriate plug adapters).