tsukushi... thanks. i'm asking becos fren ask what brand can be found there.. so tat he can see if there's anything he wans me to buy... but i oso duno what brands can be found in the 3 places i mentioned. so i need to find out what brands available.
hi peeper.. too bad is a guy. I think u can check out Zara in Spain. Esprit is quite cheap I think, across most of Europe. In Italy there is a leather 'factory outlet' in Florence, very near the Santa Croce I think. You can find a lot of branded leather goods there, like belts, wallets, at a good price. As a guide, if you are in Italy, buy MADE IN ITALY, if you are in France, buy MADE IN FRANCE.
aiyo, like that how 2 apply leave?!
think unlikely that d tour will go ahead... better, make preparation 2 switch 2 another tour package... maybe talk 2 them, and see which are the confirmed departure dates available...
To be fair to chan brothers, its not their fault that tour can only be confirmed 2 weeks prior to departure. Other tour operators the same. Last time I had book Cairns and Gold Coast package tour with Sa tours also, the sales person still tell us no problem for this trip to confirm as will hv alot honeymooners that period, then when we keep calling, tours only hv 4 pax only and need 10 to confirm. 2 wks prior to departure, they inform us unable to confirm due to poor attendance and pushes to us to Sydney tour instead. At that pt of time, my Hb and I were very unhappy as that's a completely different scenerio the sales told us, in the end, we book another Gold coast package tour with Chan Brothers. I guess they can't confirm now as I still constantly seeing Chan brothers to advertise on Europe tour with varies departure date. Tht's the cons of package tour. Gotta be prepared.
I know ... but v frustrating for us too cos' if we want to switch tours, its kind of hard as the prices r expensive now plus the leave also.
They said they have a few 13 days Europe tour that is confirmed, so in the event ours is cancelled, we will b taking up that option but hopefully they can offer a better price to us if not I rather join SA tours.
For me, I booked F&E tour instead... so... not tied down with all the departure dates. You might wanna use that as the last resort.
I used to work for agency. It's tough to get numbers sometimes, especially when departure dates are so close to each other... most pple will choose departure date suitable for themselves leaving some date not so popular.
Why not try to get a more regular update on the numbers joining the tour, give yrself a date and by this date if the tour agency still cannot give u a confirmation, you might wanna start looking for alternatives rather than wait till the last 2 weeks lor... coz by then, it would be very difficult to find a tour liao... u may be at the mercy of the agency as to which tour to join...
I called Chanbros again, at first they told me my date confirmed already, but then later they call and said not confirmed yet, only 10 pax sign up but they will push for it because they already pay for the air tix for our dates.. mmm wonder how it works.. but at least this time, they give more assurance to me.
hi Yuki, I'm already looking for alternatives but if I book/switch now, it'll b too expensive already! :-( hahaha i think I have called them fairly regularly to find out the numbers.
icy, that's good to hear. We must go on 2nd week & come back on 3rd week so I can only join the 5 or 6 June tour. I wont extend my stay cos too ex already cos already exceed our initial budget by switching tour.
d_woof, I mean your friend, booked which tour with Chan Bros?
Eremm..mine is with Chan Bros same package as yours but by air france, departing on 8 June.
I v "kan-chiong" so I called Chan Bros again.. they said my tour is confirmed!!!! phew.. they are combining my tour with the 10 days tour, our group only 13 people, v small group!
Hb asked me to get email confirmed from them.. *eyes rolling*...
Btw, d_woof I read from other threads that you r holding your wedding at dragon gate? So far how's their service level? I'm helping my fren to do some wedding coordination for her March wedding next year.
nt sure which tour agency she is wif.....btw i m quite confused...r u wif CHan bro or SA....
oh yes..holding my wedding at DG........service? cant comment yet but the food alrite..will keep u update once my AD is over.....if ur friend is very particular abt the ambience den she has to ask for some expert to do up the place...for me trying to cut cost so stick wif the cheena look
Ic...eremmm.. anyway I've offered to help her to decor the place, see if she wants to take up my offer hahahaha...
Anyway ladies, I've received an offer email from AIG regarding travel insurance @ 20% off. I've checked, each pax costs $56 to Europe (after d/c), usual around $70-$80. Interested? jus leave your email in the forum or drop me a pm.
ic....itz gd tat ur tour is confirm...
my friend oso told me tat she has changed her departure date fm 10th to 8th..she's covering switzeland n paris..she's gng wif some friends but she's not sure which tour agency as her friend booked for her....
hahah doesnt matter which one, as long as her tour is confirmed cos I only check out SA, CTC & Anandas. Chan Bros is the only one among those that I've checked that is departing on 8 June, I did not check Dynasty though.
Its ard 10+ degrees, it will b colder in Switzerland I think but the weather shld b changing. I'm afraid of cold... in aircon 22 degrees already shivering sometimes.
Dun worry, it will turn out to b ok..did u receive their RSVP?
What i did was to remind them 2 days in advance thro' sms & informing them their table number so that they dun haf to fumble & look for table number when they arrive, i have at least 95% attendance for my wedding, not so bad.. only 1 table haf 6 guests, the rest full or at least 8.
Jus enjoy yourself, you are the "zhu jiao" on that day, delegate the work to your jie meis or xiong dis to take care...relaxxxxxx... !!!
oh tat cold.....well will wait for the briefing fm the tour agency n c wat i nid to bring....
wow ur AD is oveR? when was it? so glad tat urs over...i m still struggling wif it.....hopefully things turn out to be fine.......well actually wat i did was to sms n c whether they can come b4 sending out the cards..will msg or call them up over this long weekend to confirm......anyway oreadi recv 2 person nt coming after i sent out the card...at first they said ok.....haven decide on the table arrangement yet......will try to get it done this wkend......sun is my GDL....
can u send me the details for the insurance thingy?