Egypt Tour

vernwyen

Thanks for your detailed analysis
happy.gif
Now i am confused if i should sign up with dynasty... Though i like its itinerary but i find the tipping part is alot, meaning we need to pay almost US$180 for 2 pax... But other packages doesnt have tat comprehensive itinerary @_@

rogerp

My generally feeling about tips given on tour (or so far on tours which I have been on) is that you will still be happy giving unless the tour guide really is that bad. A good tour guide can sometimes even squeeze in extra itineary if it is on the way to make the trip more memorable.

What you should be concern is whether the tour company will play you out or not. I got friends or tourmates who booked on Dynasty to both Japan and Australia packages either the tour cannot be form or cancelled last min. So far my tours have been with Chan Brothers (I would not say its the best) but so far it have been a happy experience so far, on the other hand, I also have friends who went on with Dynasty and is equally happy about it.

Thats my thoughts.

rogerp

Visa wise, depend on which country you are from and which visa you are applying. No doubt the agencies give you the convinence about it but some visa application requires you to submit bank accounts / Letter of employment, so depends on how open you are to let people see your data. I will still feel more secure of doing it myself, not much chance to screw up. Luckily being a Singaporean, we are pretty expempted the need of a Visa for most countries. Some embassy folks can be very mean when they see your bank account not up to their standard.

uk_fung

oh thanks Roger, actually I din think so much about particulars.. more like I dun feel like paying so much :p ahhaha... I got think about DIY the VISA at the embassy here myself 1st instead of letting the agent to earn... maybe I should do that.... hee hee at most cancel the VISA arrangement with Agency :p

uk_fung

On top of what Roger said about tipping hor... I think is also impt to ask if the tips is pay by yourself or tour guide take and give out to the CORRECT ppl... seriosly one group there.. eg. camel ride.. so many of ppl... and so many Egyptian there asking for money.. you can't understand them.. and end up wait all crowd ard you to take money!.... I asked CB and they say they will collect together and tour guide give out... (dun care the part that did the tour guide take commission.. at least save my trouble)So if u going there and after services got ppl ask u for tips... just refer them to the tour guide and they also know how much to give better than us.. wait become carrot head.

Dynasty I got shortlist too but end up as mention above we decided to save the cost and go other place next time... to us Rea sea is not a must.. CB package is only about 2.6K/ pax.. but Dynasty one 13D need about 3.5K/pax! 1K/pax more to go red sea and mt saini :p .... plus the abu sembel which is famous CB included while Dynasty is optional... Quoted me about USD 200-250/pax ya hee hee that's why we give up Dynasty :p

Still I am not saying Dynasty package no good infact it is indeed more special compare to the rest of agency.

hope my info helps
hee hee maybe u end up join same tour date as me at CB then we travel together ahhahaha :p

vernwyen

roger:
I agree... I am more than happy to give a small token but i kinda disagree to fix the the amount for each person, when all the while i thought tipping is out of free will.

It's very demoralising to cancel/postpone the trip when you have already make arrangements at work, moreover is a honeymoon!

mrs chiew:
i was not that detailed in selecting the agency, my idea was to go on more days :p Yea, i will discuss with my fh again. Btw, your pkg with CB is under Classic Egypt or Wonders of Egypt? SQ or Qatar?

rogerp

Hi Again..

If I remember correctly from asking universal travel. you can also get Visa on arrival in egypt itself which is cheaper than applying in singapore. But on a safe side, pls confirm this with your travel agency.

uk_fung

yar can do upon arrival.. I think... if din rem wrongly..is USD15.... CB doing for me at SGD$65... but maybe can go the embassy to do ourselves in SG before trip (more safe)

Roger: you go egypt before? any pic to share? hee hee wanna do some Homework before I go there.. else the guide tell me things I also dun know which is which :p

vernwyen

roger:
i worry there may be complications to apply upon arrival. Better to do it before flying there to avoid any delay. I more kiasu abit lah.. keke..

mrs chiew:
i discussed with my fh and he is quite okay with CB itinerary :p Prolly will book that on NATAS. The queue for visa application is always very long, unless you got time to wait there else i would rather pay more to get it done.

I borrowed this 'Dictionary of Ancient Egypt' from NLB. Short descriptions and colored pictures, easy to digest
happy.gif
Maybe you wanna try this book.

rogerp

i would also advise to go and borrow those travel books eg lonely planet and read up on the places you will be visiting... at leats you won;t be lost when the guide tell you some history.

rogerp

Hello Mrs chiew - nope actually plan to go year end, but due to commitments/child so got to postpone the trip. But personally for myself i had done my homework, so Chan brothers will definately be the one if i am going to Egypt, although I would also love to do some diving there.

vernwyen

mrs chiew:
went to CB yesterday. For Qatar they have 2 departure dates, 9th and 20th. Most likely we will be on the same tour liao... keke! My fh going to check and see when his course ends.. keeping my fingers crossed!

uk_fung

wao really
happy.gif
happy to hear that... IF really that case.. high chance we all can go liao.. only need 10pax to go .. now is 4pax already if plus u is 6pax
happy.gif

Oh ya do ask if got card discount ya... I rem citi bank have..

You went to main branch of CB? Just for your info there is one shop call Asia Global Vacation It is by chan brothers one... same tour everything
happy.gif
prefer go there (been to both) staff there more friendly and help to me...is at people's park center #02-75A... I book there instead coz they open till 8pm (better give a call if before u go down, main branch weekday closed at 7pm)65344958... that time is Terrence who give me all the details.. he been thru their trip to egypt before so kinda able to tell u more about there...

vernwyen

mrs chiew:
aww, i forgot to ask the lady how many pax they have now. Yea, rushed down to CB after work and by the time it was my turn oredi 7pm. And my fh wasnt with me so i cannot place the deposit yet. Will go to NATAS to book the package liao
happy.gif

My AD is in sep, one more month to go... so excited!! Yours is in oct?

uk_fung

happy.gif
If you are taking same tour as me will be 4pax signed.. Plus you 2 will be six...

Wao Sep very soon wor.. preparation should be busy now right... jia you
happy.gif

Ya my AD is Oct 4th
happy.gif

vernwyen

mrs chiew:
90% same tour with you! haha...! My fh asked the lecturer and he said it ends in mid oct. We can help each other take photos ya.. keke!

Hmm, ours are not too eleborate hence the preparations are quite simple, we only left with the room deco, the traditional stuffs we know where to get liao so juz drop by one day to buy all
happy.gif

uk_fung

hahaha din thought that I will know my tour mate before I go tour hahha :p Can do "reserach" on Egypt together liao hahahaha

sound like everything more or less settle for you
happy.gif

we can chat more on msn: [email protected]

uk_fung

hee hee yeah~~~ 6pax liao yaya hope we will be able to go !! 4more ppl to go .. praying hard these few days on NATAS hahahhaha

uk_fung

spoiltbabe: you signed at NATAS right? got more feebies/ discount? hee hee the tour got more ppl join?? really hope we will be able to go ~~~~

vernwyen

no woah... they give the same $200 off per pax... and another $88 per couple (HM-ers). I asked the person how many has signed up for this package, he did not give mi the nos but he said high chance the tour is on
happy.gif
yipee!!!

uk_fung

huh got HM discount meh!??! I asked the them when I sign, say if HM got discount they say not for this tour wor...wa.. so your total price is how much huh? my one is about $2.6/pax (w tax, w visa, after all the discount)

vernwyen

mrs chiew:
the discount wasnt tat fantastic eh... but every bit of savings means to us
happy.gif

is there F&E time? its itinerary looks pack eh, other than the last day, departing to Singapore :p

uk_fung

oh coz during the night actually the cruise will not travel one! din know that till they explain to me the other day... then... if we want to go out ... we can
happy.gif
provided there are things near there lor ...

uk_fung

er... hahahha I read forum/website.. on the cruise .. don't expect too much... I think best is just treat is as a place to sleep that's all hahahah... maybe will have some dancing performance but the rest of the time you on it is really sit and sleep :p .. should have swimming pool.. but.. depends you want to swim or not :p ... I plan to bring books there read.. or so .. can't be keep sleeping hahaha

Er.. like that do you know there is one nite overnite on train?? won't be able to bath that nite.... have toilet to wash up but not bathing...

uk_fung

Hi xhinn, hmmm just do prepare med for diarrhoea, some basic med... then bring jacket coz winter soon, nite time will be cool + cruise nite is cool, cairo is cooler too...End oct when we go the hot hours is only like 11-2pm.. the rest of the day quite cooling... sth like sg still ok one...

If you are more picky on food.... and not a meat lover.. maybe u can consider bring some food ba
happy.gif
For me I din bring food is ok to us. Train food is not so good... so maybe prepare some snacks for that nite :p

Money vise.. basically everything included already... when u go for briefing, they will give you a list of how much is the tips per pax to pay to the tour guide.. so u dun really need to pay any tips along the trip... (only very little money for toilet) Optional tour is worth going... sound and light show suggested by the guide Cairo one is nicer (which is true we went quite good, but will be cold ya so bring your jacket) Nubian village is nice should go... and maybe u can ask the tour guide to arrange town tour at aswan if time allow... is quite nice to go .. can do some shopping and view local life.

How much to exchange...up to you but as most of the food and stuff is included.. u just need to prepare the tips + optional tours... and some money for suvinors will do... then when u reach the airport then exchange Egyptian pound ... was told change 50USD will be enuff (which is quite true) if not enuff u can change with tour guide... and water the bus driver/cruise always sell (during my whole trip) is not ex... so no worry.. just buy from them is easy.

xhinn

Thanks Mrs Chiew, from your reviews, I believed you enjoyed the trip very much. hehee... Me so excited now
happy.gif

twinkie

Egypt is a good place to consider if gg for honeymoon. Me and my hubby had our honeymoon there and it was a much needed relaxing holiday for both of us. Especially after months and months of wedding preparations. But do remember to bring books to read on the river nile cruise. Nothing to do on board except laze around the deck and scenary watch.
happy.gif

however, we found ourselves giving abit more tips as we were on 2 pax tour group. sometimes we were more than willing to give but sometimes felt abit compelled lah.. aha..

anyway, atm's there can withdraw eygptian pounds so no worry if you did not change enuf.

angel_2

Anyone has a good tour agent to recommand? would love to go to Egypt, seem so cool and a special place to visit. Btw anyone has got experience on the trip to the pyramid ? would love to see one x)

rogerp

I finally book my egypt tour departing 22 Dec with chan brothers.

I understand there some optional tour. What are those ah other then the hot air ballon?

reube

I got this package with Chan Brothers at their recent travel fair but were not able to take advantage of it due to last minute commitment.

Package is for 2 pax, with departure date on 12 Dec 09, and arrival back to Singapore on 21 Dec 09.

Price is very attractive at $4632. This comprises of 4 days Nile River cruise, shopping at Alexandria, fun camel ride, sail in felucca (wind boats), visits to Giza Pyramid and Abu Simbel. You will know that this is a very good deal if you compare to the market rates quoted by other agencies, which do not cover Abu Simbel (listed as optional tour @ 250 usd per pax), as I got a 1k discount for this package.

Happy to let go to interested buyer.
If keen, contact me at [email protected]

rainpod

Hi, I have some leftover (not a lot) Egyptian Pounds. If interested, please email rainpod#yahoo.com.sg (replace # with @). Thanks.

xixihaha

Hi, I'm planning a trip in January for my honeymoon. Contacted Egypt Travel Link who claimed they are the ground handler for 28 local and Malaysian agencies. Not sure if anybody had been with them and whether they are good and reliable. Most importantly is that they must be reliable, because we are going on a 2pax private tour.