Duties of Ah Yees & Brothers on Wedding Day?

B

bubbler

Hi All,

I was trying to craft out a list of the duties to be assigned to ah yees & brothers on actual wedding days ... thot of a few, can anyone help me to make the list more comprehensive?
happy.gif

Morning session
1. AH YEES - to help carrying make up boxes, carrying gowns and help the bride whenever she needs help

2. Brothers - to accompany and assist the groom to fetch the bride. What can the brothers do here? What do they have to carry? Arrange Transport?

3. A photographer & videographer (optional)

Banquent
1. Receptions - how many?
2. Ushers?
3. 2 Master of Ceremony
4. To be responsible for Ang bows?
5. To overseas the wine?
6. Taking care of photo album? How about a coordinator to make sure CD are given to hotel people etc?

Anything i left out? Appreciate advise
happy.gif

thanks!

gwnn

Hi bubbler,
for my wedding day, we had
morning to afternoon 8 helpers
4 girls: 2 to help with tea ceremony, 2 to help take care of belongings, angpows received and buffet reception.
4 guys: 1 to carry gifts (oranges, etc),
2 guys to drive (plus bridal car, we have 3 cars in all), 1 guy to take care of bridegroom's $$ and angpow.

dinner 4 helpers (3 guys 2 girls)
3 to man the reception, 1 to be responsible for holding on to angpow box, 1 to be responsible for keeping album.
2 to be emcees
3 to arrange tables during photo-taking
not much to do about the wine, we just gave it to the hotel coordinator.

orchid

Hi bubbler,

i have a list of roles & responsibilities of helpers. these can be done by the ah yees & brothers as well.

if you're interested, u can leave your email address and i will send it to you.

also let me know if you have church or just dinner.

J

jazzgal

Hi Orchid,

I am also currently trying to make up a list of duties for my sisters and brothers for my wedding in Feb. Can you email your list to me? I will just be having the wedding dinner. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks a lot.

Cheers
Jazzgal

snow

Hi jen,
I've asked three married girlfriends to be my ah yees coz they're very close to me & I've been their ah yee too.For me,I feel that it's ok.But if your parents 'ban tan',then it's best you discuss with them.It's hard for me to find unmarried girl of my age in my group of friends coz most of them marry liao.

orchid

Hi jen,

yes, it's OK if u had married friends. almost all my ah yees are married.
happy.gif
not much choice especially if your other friends married before you.

B

bubbler

Ya lor, my ah yees all married...to find one unmarried one yet close one so difficult!
happy.gif
Actually what is the rationale cannot get married ah yees arh?

One of my colleagues wedding is in Nov and mine in Sept but she wants me to be her ah yee coz close mah but a lot of people said better not coz chiong each other as wedding date too close to each other...what say you guys? Coz i dun mind if i ganna chiong but mind if its not good to her... can advise?