Dream ROM @ The V Tea Room @ Esplanade

nat_bleu

hi gals, pai sey pey.. haven log in for some time liao..

I've got limited pics to show u gals becos the place is very much the same as per normal. And pics are taken more or less at the same few angles. Just that they re arranged the tables.

I didn't get to choose the colour theme for my roses becos there r another 3 couples on the same day so they standardised it pink. The tables were pre-arranged too. Seems ok. But I heard they've only got 20 chairs, so if there r more than 20 guests, they will have to sit on tall stools. Dawn will help to photograph too & she'll burn them into CD FOC. Her skills not bad.

386932.jpg

constancezee

wow nattie... thanks for the preview of the delicious looking food!

summerpeach, glad that you booked the same nice place as us. Dawn's service is excellent. She always responds so quicky and always giving mi & my FH a shock. haha... can feel that she is very dedicated too. so u managed to book the 1st of oct already? I am inviting around 60 people too and it's ok if some of my guests stand around.

summerpeach

constance,
yup, i m also inviting about 60 guests but mostly relatives.. so i m abit apprehensive that they have to stand cos some r quite old.
dawn told me that she is suppose to get more new chairs in but i duno if in time for mine which is 1st oct. so maybe u can oso help to 'pester' her to quickly bring in new ones. hehe. but when is ur exact rom date?

i haven discus the menu wif dawn yet.. how about u? i m hoping to get a good deal since 60 pax should cost me alot. hehe

btw r guest suppose to give angbaos for rom? i m not too sure..

blanqq

I wanted to have my ROM on 31 Dec 06, talk to Dawn and she says can reserve tat day for me in the afternoon. But i still didn't receive any email on quotation and the menus.

hey, Nattie (nat_bleu), can you email to me the menu? thks!

[email protected]

ahfatz

i'm hving mine on 11th...am supposed to be paying for 60 per pax...after setting the deposit, then pop up a few additional chvrges....but then it cld be becoz we were not convinced the food portion will be enuff...i estimate mine will come up to 65 per head...we hv 50 pax...dawn is very nice but therez nothin much to bargain for even if u hv 60 ppl becoz the pckage are pretty standard and they will not budge...i sort of regret booking the place...anybody interested to take over my deposit of 1500? i dun mind giving up becoz i juz bought my new place and wld want to hv it at the function room instead.

if by then nobody wanna take over, i'll juz go ahead.

constancezee

wow ah fatz, you ordered extra food and other drinks izzit? Dun worry la, the food shd be enuff and if not just order ala carte lor. I dun tink you made a wrong choice in bookin that place bcos not many places in boring Singapore offering good service with good food. Plus their decor so pretty. Went to a hotel for hi-tea last wk and was so disgusted and disappointed in everything. They custom-made your menu right?

Ermm peachy, I haven tot about the angbao part. Think the older gen will give red packets and most likely my friends will get gifts for my home. I will tell them what I need in advance so they dun anyhow buy. Haha...

ahfatz

yes..i hv two main dish okie...plus 3 desserts...i rather hv leftover than not enuff food...will be bringing in wine too...

hopefully things will be okie...i'm thnking they wun hv enuff seats..i hv 50 pax...so i'm crossing my fingers.

ahfatz

u knoe thru this rom thingy i've realised some of his frds r pretty shitty..they keep asking if they need to bring a gift...when i teased them by saying yes..pls bring a big red packet, they juz say ..huh...still must give ang bao...dinner alredi going to bao red packet.now still must give...

i was so pissed...dinner need to eat then rom no need to eat issit...

do u gers hv any jp to recommend? i wld prefer an older male jp.

tizaneh

hello YiYi,

Dawn just sent me the new menus. If your are really keen, email me at [email protected] then I'll forward to u. Have u already spoken to Dawn already?

Ah fatz,
I get what u mean by having more rather than less food. Should b fine since can order ala carte. They always have alot of cakes on display. Just went to celebrate fren's bday there last week. Tried their new cake and it was good! Your FH's frens quite irritating. How can they not give anything? At least a small gift is better than nothing. Hey I also booked for 50 people. Should be enuff space. Worse comes to the worst, get my FH's frenz to stand in the corner, haha...

euphoria

hi I am new here but happened to go to v tea room last week. I didn't know they hold events there. What's the maximum number of people they can cater for? I tried some cakes and they are really good. My galfrenz and i enjoyed our noon there.

Anyone having ROM in June next year??

hi tizane, I emailed you already. can you send me the menus? Thanks=)

xinyi_reiko

Hi, I am new here. This place v tea room seems interesting. Can anyone email me the packages they have and those ROM there, can email me the photos? Interested to see their decos.

[email protected]

Thanks in advance

mui_yoh

hi all,

I'm also planning to have my ROM 8th July 2007 and has been to see Dawn.

I haven't really decided on the place yet cos' i had quite middle aged folks attending my ROM. so i also dunno would they feel comfortable with the eurooean style?
By the way the food dunno issit filling

But my FH really like the place

euphoria

thanks tizane,
i received your email and went to the tea room last week. I have confirmed my booking yesterday. My FH and mum really loved the place.

Babyface, I tink the food shouldn't be a problem. I am taking the menu with oriental selection. Managed to try their omelette loaf and baileys cake yesterday and they are really yummy.

i asked Dawn about drinks and can choose 3 types of tea and coffee. Their pink rose tea very soothing. She mentioned that they have mocktail too. ALl included so should be fine. QUite sure my guests will love the place and food.

xinyi_reiko

Hi Janice, I also confirm my book on sat. You taking the $45+++ one? I ask Dawn, she say savory and oriental delight are the same thing. The only difference is the portion.

They also throw in invitation cards, which I think is good.. no need to worry on it.

snowbell42

dun u gals find the deco for the solemnisation like kinda simple n chop chop? :p & the package seem kinda x wif the few dishes in the menu??

xinyi_reiko

Hi Shirlynn, the deco can customise it yourself.. just tell dawn abt it. I told her that the solemnisation tables I will bring my own table cloth. I have seen other pics shown by dawn, other couples did their own theme. =)

I think is not really fair to compare with hotels, is because I wanted a special place then I choose there. I tried their liquer cake. Very nice. =) Their food are special also. Dawn told me that they come in early in the day to just to prepare the food.

misslavenderz

Hi,

Do you find that the place is too open? With the glass windows... is there any way we can cover them or make it more enclosed? Or it does not affect much actually... heehee...

xinyi_reiko

Hi Yi Yi,

They have curtains.. although is semi see through.. but better than nothing.. maybe can tell your concern to Dawn.. =)

I am thinking how to deco the place.. hmm...

euphoria

hello gal!

xinyi, i am pretty settled for the $45+++ one. Not bad. Dawn gave me a portion i=of curry chicken which they prepared for a function on saturday. I went down to take a look and they can really accomodate up to 60+ people. Everyone looked so happy.

YiYi, think the curtains dun really matter cos think we will be too panicky and excited till we forget all the little things that very day. no need to worry much about that.

Hello Shirlynn, simplicity is beauty anyway. Accoding to dawn they already spent a bomb on the decor. already looking very grand so dun need much decor also. Our guests can see for themselves also. The masks super pretty!

xinyi_reiko

Hi Janice.. I agree that the masks are pretty.. hehe.. wow.. 60+ ppl.. does it look cramp?

Last time i also very mind abt the exposure level. but i went down again in the afternoon and found that with the exposure, somemore i also find it cozy.. and i think it will be good especially taking pictures..

misslavenderz

Hi ladies,

Just to check, how many days in advance do you meet up with Dawn to decide the invitation card designs as well as the menu?

How long do they take to print the invitation cards?
happy.gif

laney

hi Tizane,
could i have the menu too? thx in advance!
me n FH would like to have a special place for ROM + solemnisation, as both side patents had agreed with no customery dinner for us. therefore venue for ROM + solemnisation are importnat for us...
if im inviting est 50 pax, how much do i expected to pay? had checked thru aloha loyang package for ROM + solemnisation, it cost $5000 ($100 for 50 pax), iszt ex?

tizaneh

hello laney, you may want to email [email protected] for the new menus. They might have changed their menus already.

I am meeting Dawn next week to finalise all the details for Dec. If you like, I will email you when she sends me the new one. Anyway I think $100 is abit too pricey. But if you forgo the banquet then probably can spend that amount. Think you mite make a loss if you hold it at Aloha Loyang cos most people won't give you big angbao. Not too worth it.

Have you visited the V tea room before? I am inviting more than 50 guests too. The size of the place is just right. The price will depend on the food u will wanna have.

laney

hi Tizane,
i would love to have a look at the new menu. TIA.
planning to go down soon after my exam..hehe..

ji_yinz

Anybody here got the new menu? I'm having my ROM on the 17th March 07 and will be going down tea room this coming sat.

I think Dawn is very busy and didn't had the chance to ask her more. But she's really nice over the phone.

Like to check with all, for $40+++ for 2 cakes, 1 main? Looks kinda ex. Pls clarify me if i'm wrong.

Pls share your pictures with me at [email protected]
Thanks n advance.

aprik

Hello Jan,

Can u share more about your ROM?

I went to see Rosemary at the V Tea Room last Sunday.. She showed us some nice photos and explain the menus..

I find the place very exclusive, but also think it's rather over-priced..
My other worry is if the food will be enough for the guests... As there'll be only 4 types of finger food, I'm afraid it will look like a half-hearted feast...

Anyone else had their ROM there yet?
Care to share your experience?

xinyi_reiko

Hi chocolate_lover,

who is rosemary? new coordinator? so far only know Dawn...

They have fried rice in the menu.. that is not consider finger food.. =)

aprik

hi Xinyi,

Rosemary is the event planner for corporate events. Dawn was on leave when I went there.
Btw, Rosemary didn't recommend to have fried rice instead of hot savoury because it'll be served in a separate table and will finish soon.
It wouldn't look good to the guests if the food finish too soon..

When r u having your ROM?

xinyi_reiko

Hi chocolate_lover,

You may want to talk to Dawn instead. Hot savoury is the fried rice. Unless they have changed their menu. I dont rem Dawn telling me that is served in a separete table.

Mine is Feb 24th 07, during tea time.

ji_yinz

Went and met Dawn on sat. She's super friendly and nice. The place kinda small but feels very cozy.

A little pricy in my opinion but nice ambience, good food and presentation. Unique..

As for the portion, Dawn assured me that say u have 35people, they usually prepare 40 portions. The cakes are rather rich and i feel that it should be ok. And considering the ROM is held during tea-time, the portion is ok. I went to a ROM recently and it was buffet. A lot of leftover as at 2pm, most people will have taken their lunch.

Good thing is during your ROM, VTea room will not serve other people except your party.

Main diff comparing to other places. When u having ur solemnisation ceremony, everybody will be standing ard w a few chairs for the older folks. Another diff is for around the same amount, i can get hotel packages w freebies such as parking, buffet, night stay, drinks, etc..

So now deciding between quality and quantity.

xinyi_reiko

Hi jingying,

your concern I have also thought before. =)

hmm.. at that point me and my FH were thinking, having a more unqiue place. And letting our friends to know this place and their food. Different from those poolside reception.

The whole place will be yours, and is like a cozy home, inviting your friends..

The place is indeed cozy.. was there previously in the afternoon.. drinking tea, tasting their cake.. somemore not very noisy and crowded.. =)

aprik

hi Jingying..

Exactly my thought! so now we're considering between V Tea Room and Merchant Court Hotel..
MCH's High Tea package is quite interesting, and i tried their food is good.. esp the Durian paste.. yumm!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

we're going down to both MCH and V Tea again this weekend..

which hotel do u gals consider before?

xinyi_reiko

Hi chocolate_lover, I consider Oriental Hotel before.. they have many variety of foods.. but min 50 pax, 1 pax 50+++

I saw in the mag, Goodwood Park hotel poolside also very nice from the picture. =)

emeraldbride

Hi, can someone pls PM me their ROM pix to see how the event will look like at V Tea?
Please share the package with me as well? I may go down there this Saturday after viewing Mercure Roxy.. =)

chibi_pony

Hi, I'm new here and am planning to hold my ROM solemnisation in Nov this yr. Am considering Tea Room as the venue. Would like to check if all of you jus dropped by Tea Room or made an appointment wif Dawn/the coordinator? Thk you. =)

emeraldbride

hi k3nn3th03, how did you know Dawn was transferred? She called me 2 weeks ago confirming my venue, and did not mention to me leh..

Anyway, they are changing their name to The Cookie Museum and are in the midst of negotiating the lease with the building's mgmt.. fingers crossed!! Else hv to go source for another venue..

xinyi_reiko

hello, i had previously held my ROM at V tea room. It is indeed a very nice place. But i heard from dawn that their management is changing their business concepts. May not be holding any more events in near future.

roses

Initially, I was planning to have my ROM this Nov at V Tea Room too, but was told by Dawn that they are having many changes and might not be able to hold events during this year.they do not have any info yet, but she told me, if I'm still keen on them, I can call back in July to ask.

yuner

My friend just told me about V Tea Room. Her friend had ROM at V Tea Room and the feedback was not bad.. However, I couldn't get hold of any details from this person as she is not my direct friend..

I'm planning for ROM end of this year.. no dates confirmed yet.. coz I should be getting my house key from HDB anytime from now.. and I understand that I'll need to produce my ROM certificate within 3 months..

Would anyone here be kind enough to email me details (Menu, price, pictures)? Totally new and blur at preparing for ROM...

My email is [email protected]

Much appreciated
happy.gif