Do you wear your engagement/proposal ring everyday?

verysherry

Wore my solitaire as long as i go out (like wearing shoes...its a MUST for me now...) cos i luv the way it sparkles...

If dun wear whenever I go out...feel so uncomfortable liao (like being barefooted)...hahaha...

boinne

I'm still shopping for my ring. =) quite excited about it. Is there any tips I should bear in mind? Thank you all......

pinky_smokey

I'm also still shopping for my solitaire ring! My HTB is waiting for me to find one I really like. I've been to Soo Kee and saw the Brilliant Rose, Fuego and Staria range. All look quite ok but Staria is the most affordable range. I liked s Fuego wan which is 0.3 carat or something like that and it's $7k plus, after discount still $5k plus. It's very pretty but then a bit over budget. So now looking at Staria range, anyway I can upgrade every 2 years to any bigger diamond ring in the 3 ranges.

Oh one more question, is it ok for me to wear my engagement ring on my right hand 3rd finger? I'm quite used to wearing diamond rings on my 3rd fingers. I feel a bit not used to seeing a solitaire on my 4th fingers.

vvbbb

Sharon,

I asked my hubby the same qn but he and the ring-seller do not think it's a good idea to wear in 3rd finger hehehe...

I stopped wearing my engagement ring now coz.. I SCRATCH myself and my hubby with the diamond. Maybe coz it's jutting out...and I'm careless. Anyway, to avoid anymore scratch marks, I'd stop wearing it now.. maybe change desgin to make the diamond flat with the ring.

pinky_smokey

I got my solitaire already! So happy with it. Really like the service we got from this gal at Soo Kee. We got our wedding bands from her and also intro a friend there so we got a good price for my solitaire. I told her the carat size i want and also the type of setting and she got one brought over from another branch and the ring size fit my ring finger perfectly.

It's a 0.47 carat wih VS1 clarity. Not too concerned about the clarity coz cannot tell anyway.

I think for now before I can wear my wedding band, I'll wear the solitaire on my left ring finger.

monkie

my proposal ring, i wear it everyday even its a diamond ring. im not afraid that it will get scratch because it proof that its "seasoned".
my FH wear our engagement ring everyday but sad to say, I lost my engagement ring during my overseas trip...

julienys

hihi, after your fiance gets u a proposal ring, is it necessary to get him a ring too? =) or is it unlike the engagement ring?

cactus_79

Hi julienys, it's a personal preference, but I wanted my fiance to wear a ring as a sign of commitment to me, so my parents bought him a ring and he is wearing it everyday. My parents hosted an engagement party where we exchanged engagement rings. If you have a party like this and have a ring exchange, it would be necessary to buy him a ring. Usually his engagement ring comes from your parents.

julienys

thanks cactus...
i am ROMing within the next one yr, may do away with the engagement. so, no need ring then right? =)

cactus_79

Some couples may like to have an engagement party if the ROM is quite some time away and if one partner is travelling overseas on work/studies. In my case, it had been a family tradition for the gal's family to host an engagement party. We are ROM-ing 6 months from the engagement party. Our engagement took place 4 months from his proposal.

Even if no engagement party, you may still want to give him an engagement ring to wear as a sign of his commitment to you. It's a personal preference. Some gals give their fiance's a watch instead of a ring. Some don't give their fiance anything.

lois

engagement is like after proposal. the engagement party is like to celebrate the proposal thingy.

see the diff?

clldavid

blur: A lot of pple can have engagement w/o ROM. Going thru ROM means you are legally married. Engagement is just a promise to get married. I propose to my then-GF and now she's my fiancée but we're only going to ROM on the actual wedding date (which is quite some time away from now lah).

Strictly speaking, ROM means married liao. Engagement is not. It's just an unofficial declaration of promising each other.

cloudz7

actually i wear my solitaire (brilliant rose) everyday everytime. i guess just before my photoshoot this mth would just go and polish and wash it at Soo Kee.

emeraldbride

me too wear my proposal ring daily!! It's only a month plus, n alot of scratches liao on the base of the ring, luckily not the diamond itself.. quite diff to control one lar my FH says...
i will send for polishing before ROM.
Come to think of it, mabbe i shuld get him ring..hehe

roses

same here.I wear my proposal ring everyday too.will feel weird without it. after my marriage, I will just wear both my wedding band and proposal ring together on the same finger.

hapimint

me too... wearing it everyday... if I forget to wear, my SO will ask me where is it... haha... thinking after marriage, should wear together or on separate hands... haha

danadele

hmm..fer me due to my work.. i cant really wear a propose ring everydae.. so basically i will wear it during function.. even wedding ring, when i start work.. i will hang it on my necklace
happy.gif

aprilla

Yoi,

I seldom wear my proposal/wedding rings unless it is for special occassion. Reason is I'm a very rough lady. Hee Hee...hence worried that I might scratch the ring/diamond and then chipped off. Heart pain pain ah.

cheers
kao_cheers.gif

babystarlet

i dun wear my proposal ring bec is too loose.
jus 1 thing to share with u all,after wedding,i make sure my hubby wear the wedding ring everyday ,hee

Hi gals,

I just bought my wedding band at Tianpo just now. The salesgal just offered to resize the band. I forgot to request for engraving! May I know if you gals get free engraving service from the jewellery shops? If yes, what do you engrave on the band?

Hehe sorry for my stupid questions :p

jhoo

do we have to pay for re-size? my hubby's ring is getting tighter and he din wear it yesterday?

hapimint

Usually free de leh.... if bought there lar.. my proposal ring got resize and engrave our special symbol there....

bluegurl

Cynthia Tan: dun worry, i oso no diamond... =p SO no money... even my mummy got buy me diamond pendant lor... so ex somemore... see the receipt liao almost fall off the chair... hahahaha...

so far we wearing both rings everyday... tho for him when he working he'll take off the rings lor, cos he worry scratch... =p me i boh chup... hahahahaha...

jhoo,
Just now I called Tianpo to ask about engravement, so I posted them your question about resizing. When did u buy the ring? If it's a few weeks ago, shop will do it for free, else they charge for it.

aprilla,
Thanks for your reply. I'll engrave my bf's name then.

jhoo

hi green, thanks.. hmmm, we bot the ring more than 2 years ago.. yah, i think need to pay coz they may have to add the gold in to enlarge it otherwise may break easily
happy.gif

monkie

yar lor..my bf say, he rather use the money to buy me other things that he think will benefit me more. he say diamond is just a stone and he not willing to spent this money.

we wearing a silver ring as engagement ring since our customery is only at the end of the year.

hapimint

I wear it everyday, except when bathing... If I don't wear it, my SO will ask me where is it?

haha... the weirdest thing, even when we go overseas, he also wants me to wear it too... hehe...

sept_09_bride

i wore my proposal ring whenever i go out..b it wrk or shopping.. bt once i get hm, i take it off.. scare the bling would shine.. hehe.. :p

supergal

do you gal wear your wedding band before your proposal ring or the other way round???

for me, i wore my wedding band first, followed by the proposal ring but some of my gal frens wore the rings the other way round..

superfamous

proposal ring is supposed to be worn on top of wedding band so that wedding band will be nearer to the heart but i notice its common to do it the other way around nowadays =)

personally, i think whichever you prefer!

kchinghong

To be honest, I often scratch my husband and even myself with the diamond of the proposal ring. So I will wear the wedding band instead. You can wear the proposal ring during special occasions such as attending dinners, celebration or anniversaries =)

amanda1982

i also wear my ring where ever i go. but i dun know if i should wear my wedding band & proposal ring together on the same finger. my wedding band is rose gold while my proposal ring is white gold.

dandelion16

My proposal ring is a heart shape diamond ring, I cant wear it everyday as the edges are rather sharp and it gets caught on my clothes especially the laces.
sad.gif

piggeekgirl

I wear mine almost everyday except when I go to camp when I have to handle rough items. It's good to ward off unwanted attention from guys! :X

orange_tan

My proposal ring is a shinning diamond ring, nice & expensive ^_^ So I don't wear it everyday but in special occasion only. Treasure it so much! But i will wear my wedding band after ROM in April 2010. yoyo ~~

I wear it when I feel like it, not daily. But definitely after ROM, proposal ring will be worn on special occasions only cos wedding band will then be worn daily.

inmydream

But I see the ang mohs they wear both engagement rings and wedding band together as a pair. And they make sure the two rings are matching in a way.

hamhambijou

I wear my engagement ring and wedding band together on my left ring finger. Actually, I chose my wedding band to match my engagement ring, cos the engagement ring have bling on the bands. So I chose a half-eternity band for my wedding band. Hubby's wedding band does not match mine at all, but neither of us really care about that, and he said so long as I like can le.

Prob will send for polishing for photoshoot and AD in Nov 2012 tho. Cos we ROMed earlier this year, will be scratched by then.