DIY Decorations for my solemnization at 1 Twenty Six

misstickledpink

Hi Ladies,

Just want tocheck if anyone of you have done your own decorations for your own wedding. Should the flowers be done the day before? Will it last so long? I am thinking of doing the flowers balls and centerpieces by myself. Pls advise. Thank you so much!

kchinghong

i diy almost all the decos for my rom venue at mandai orchid garden. the flowers should be done the day before and needs to be stored in cold rooms. i did partial centerpieces myself and sub out 4 main floral centerpiece plus bouquet to a florist.

You can check through the histry threads from my blog:
http://christineandvitor.blogspot.com

jenn1fer

Hi Rachel, did you opt for their wedding package at 1-twentysix? Do you mind sharing how much is it? I'm considering to hold my ROM at their venue with lunch reception

misstickledpink

Hi Jennifer, sorry i was very busy recently didnt log in to check. i took the lunch menu per pax is around 100? but decorations are not included as i am engaging my own florist. so prolly 1 twenty six can throw some simple decor for you for 100/pax if i am not wrong.
happy.gif

whyy

Hi,

I took the buffet lunch package with 1 rochester, sister company to 1 twenty six, but packages are similar for both places. $100/pax not including service charge + GST. But the prices are adjustable if you don't need the 3 tier wedding cake, deco, wine/beer etc that are within the package.

Flower decoration is inclusive in the package are for the solemnisation gazebo, the reception, buffet setup area and floral arrangements for 6 tables (adjustable numbers depending on flower type and size)

I am still dicussing with the planner so not sure if the basic floral deco is sufficient or not. They mentioned 1 rochester concept is that the surrounding greenery is nice enough so don't need so much floral decoration. I am not sure how 1 twenty six is like.

Can see the photos in their facebook account.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/One-Rochester-1-Twenty-Six-1-Caramel/113566636178#!/pages/One-Rochester-1-Twenty-Six-1-Caramel/113566636178?v=photos&sb=4

homama

mine is with onerochester...and deco is included in the package leh so long as we leave it to them to deco with whatever they have on hand... you can refer to the link which whyy has posted... their deco is pretty nice enough, i dun think im looking for some other florist which will incur additional cost for me...
happy.gif

jenn1fer

I took the risk and confirmed the set lunch package with 1-twentysix even though I have yet to take a look at the place or met up with their wedding planner because the plannings were made from overseas. All my references were from researches made from the internet. Some unhappiness occurred during the negotiation but fortunately the matter was resolved. I hope it's a right choice.

When is your ROM Rachel and who's your planner?

misstickledpink

hi sorry for the late reply. my rom is this saturday! planner was janet but now they have changed it to melissa. i engaged an external florist as i didnt like what i saw during the other solemnisation that i went to 'spy on' hahaha! and we wanted to have a more elaborate decor hence the decision to engage an external florist. but i must say so far my experience with 1 twenty six has been really good
happy.gif

jenn1fer

Cool! Do share your overall experience after your big day!!
happy.gif

I will be doing the site recce tomorrow for the first time coz just returned from overseas
happy.gif

chilliinketchup

I have qualms about holding important occasions like solemnisation or wedding at restaurants like this that come and go.

Imagine some years down the road, the restaurant closes down. It would be quite sad that the place that holds fond memories are no more there.
kao_sad2.gif

whyy

Hi everyone,

Just had a fantastic wedding lunch at 1 rochester.

My planners Marilyn and Wendy have gotten the flowers to complement the theme and colours very well. The solemnisation gazebo was very pretty. I have extra handmade paper lanterns which they were very helpful to get it all hang up.

They also helped to design the menu cards, signages to the theme as they will request for the images.

We had a few rounds of discussion and the wedding cake was fantastic as the pâtissier designed the cake to the wedding theme. In fact the photo of the cake is on the 1 caramel facebook now.