Difference between IVI & IVF

xinxin

Hi all,

I am rather confused between IVI & IVF, so is there any kind soul out there to enlighten mi pls?

Many thanks!

latino

hey sunnyday, actually you can just google instead of asking such questions here. if you only want info, there is vast info on the www. go do your own research cos it is faster. and you will be amuse at much you can find out.

unless you want a discussion like how others feel after they HAD IUI and/or IVF.

happy surfing !!

kang.jason

Often medical procedures usually have difficult names that remain hard to pronounce and remember. IUI and IVF are the assistive reproductive therapy which is usually known as methods of fertilization. IVF stands for 'in vitro fertilization' in which the eggs of female and sperm of men are combined outside the womb for fertilization. After fertilization, embryo or embryos formed which then placed back inside women uterus to give child’s birth. Whilst, IUI stands for 'intrauterine insemination' in which the sperm cells are artificially placed in the female uterus. This procedure is done when there seems to be a problem with sperm cell movement.

buddhabar

I think the doctor can advise you better . whatever you get here are mostly layman advice I guess. The only time I know about IVF is from friend whom had an ectopic pregnancy thus after which she needs IVF procedure to conceive. it was very difficult and took them almost 10 years to succeed.

Dit Nami

Hi all,

I am rather confused between IVI & IVF, so is there any kind soul out there to enlighten mi pls?

Many thanks!

Hi Xinxin,

I did a couple of research about this when I was having a hard time getting pregnant. IVF is more complex process as the egg should be stimulated, transferred and fertilized whereas in IUI, the sperm is directly injected to the uterus. I can't be much more layman than this but you're in need of help with regards to your fertility or your partner's, Dr Kelly Loi of Health & Fertility Centre for Women. Hope this somehow helps!

michwoon

If you are confused about the difference between IVF and IVI, You can visit Dr. Kelly Loi. Dr. Kelly has been with us through our IVF journey. She's an expert in her field.