Deferment of marriage cert for HDB key collection

Sharonluv

Hi ladies,
Anyone encounter before of this situation:
Bto is completed already, but not yet ROM so unable to collect key. My ROM & banquet is likely to be Dec 2016, but ROM only can register 3 mths before the date. At the moment I only have bridal package invoice but did not indicate any wedding date.

However, I wrote email to HDB to defer providing the marriage cert while collect the key, but they require ROM date to get management approval then can collect key.

Can I just provide the date to HDB and still can get our keys soon?

Anyone got their keys like my situation?

TIA!

Highly unlikely. You would need to provide proof that states your banquet/ROM date is fixed before they will consider your case. If you're looking at banquets now, when u lock down the date and make payment, that should be useful as a proof to HDB.

Is your house completion date brought forward by a lot?

When I got my keys, I wasn't even asked to produce the cert. HDB said so long I can produce the cert within one year from date of key collection, that's fine.

I got the keys about 4 years back.

Sharonluv

Highly unlikely. You would need to provide proof that states your banquet/ROM date is fixed before they will consider your case. If you're looking at banquets now, when u lock down the date and make payment, that should be useful as a proof to HDB.

Is your house completion date brought forward by a lot?

Actually I still waiting for my bf's proposal. That's y delaying on booking banquet and planning for rom. We alrdy know the bto completion date last yr end.

Ya we got grant, that's y the hdb officer told me need to provide the cert. A bit worry coz my future neighbour alrdy got their doors unlocked.

Sharonluv

When I got my keys, I wasn't even asked to produce the cert. HDB said so long I can produce the cert within one year from date of key collection, that's fine.

I got the keys about 4 years back.
So good! I think coz I got some grant. The officer keep on specify that need to provide before or on the collection key appointment.

Actually I still waiting for my bf's proposal. That's y delaying on booking banquet and planning for rom. We alrdy know the bto completion date last yr end.

Ya we got grant, that's y the hdb officer told me need to provide the cert. A bit worry coz my future neighbour alrdy got their doors unlocked.
Oh! He knows when the house is gonna be ready but why haven propose!! :(

Since it's not a case whereby the house is way ahead of schedule, then the possibility is low.

I know of people that couldn't get their keys even though they submit their ROM receipt, banquet receipt etc because they took the grant and the HDB officer they got was very strict on it. No cert, no keys.

Well if you're not in a hurry to move in, you can look on the positive side. Collecting keys = must pay town council monthly already. You can save at least $60/month!

Sharonluv

Oh! He knows when the house is gonna be ready but why haven propose!! :(

Since it's not a case whereby the house is way ahead of schedule, then the possibility is low.

I know of people that couldn't get their keys even though they submit their ROM receipt, banquet receipt etc because they took the grant and the HDB officer they got was very strict on it. No cert, no keys.

Ya lor.. My gfs all are anxious for me. Don't know what he waiting for. Haha

My that hdb officer super hard to contact her, I've drop her a email hope she allows me just to submit a date and seek approval.

Haha it's true that we can save quite a few mths of the monthly payment. But once know that the house is ready, is super excited and so looking forward to get the house done.

Alytsl88

Hi all,
Wanted to ride on this thread to be sure.
I've book my banquet to be on July 2017 (a long while later) haha, but from the rate of my BTO building up, theres a possibility that the house will be completed 1Q 2017. I have proof of the banquet dates, will this be sufficient? I am not taking any grants.
Thanks!

annanovem

Hi can i ask for advice as well? My fiance and i wanted to buy resale flat and we hope to complete the renovation b4 we rom. But our rom is alrdy fixed in mar 2017. Can we purchase the flat now and submit the cert nxt yr?

Starryun

Hi can i ask for advice as well? My fiance and i wanted to buy resale flat and we hope to complete the renovation b4 we rom. But our rom is alrdy fixed in mar 2017. Can we purchase the flat now and submit the cert nxt yr?
Hi, it depends if you are taking any kind of grants. If you're taking grants, you'll need the cert on your first appt. If you're not taking grants, i think there's a bigger space to go around.

JuzDream

I am in the same situation as you.
My ROM will be on feb 2017 and we are planning to get deferment on submission of marriage cert first.

I had attended the hdb resale seminar just 2 days ago. I was adviced to apply for deferment of submission of marriage cert before looking for a house.

Ps: If you are planning to use all your grants now, you will have to return the subsidy given to you if u would like to purchase BTO the next round. On top of that, you will still be considered as first applicant if you want to ballot for BTO in future. Hence, my bf and I are planning not using the grant first and easier for hdb to grant us deferment.

Sharonluv

Hi girls, just to share! I've collected my keys! Hdb finally approved my deferment. The officer says their managment needs more details, so I provided my bridal invoice with the wedding dates.

wishes12

Hi girls, just to share! I've collected my keys! Hdb finally approved my deferment. The officer says their managment needs more details, so I provided my bridal invoice with the wedding dates.
congrats! im in the same scenrio as you. my collection of keys is end may.. but i have not yet ROM. so do i have to write in to tell them for defer? becuz i dw to waste time to go down aft that they tell me no cert cant get keys.

congrats! im in the same scenrio as you. my collection of keys is end may.. but i have not yet ROM. so do i have to write in to tell them for defer? becuz i dw to waste time to go down aft that they tell me no cert cant get keys.
Yup, email to the officer in charge. Then he/she will advise you from there.

Hello, im collecting keys on wed and will only ROM next month. I was advised to email HDB to request for deferment before u head down to collect the keys. They required me to show them a copy of the Registry Of Marriage summary or if u have already booked your banquet, u can show them the receipt. I took AHG btw.

Hi congratulations! This was in May, I believed the house has also been done? I am in the same scenario with you; regarding collection of keys and deferment... :(