decor company

Flo19

anyone can recommend me a good decor company? not too expensive , we are tight on budget. for simple 30 ppl solemnisation? most decor only interested in big event :(

EvangelineLovette

I pondered very long before finally deciding to post this. I even wondered if I should ask them for a refund but I am so tired of liaising with them that I would rather just let it be. I am finally posting this as I don't want any brides to be to go through what I did. Also I may just be one unlucky customer but if you don't want to take the risk I suggest you go with another company.

We signed up for a Im.Style package at BOWS. We really liked their decor concept and the person who was attending to us at the wedding fair was super nice and patient in the way she explained about the package so we decided to go for it.

Our package:
Full decoration of the wedding venue
2 hours Im.Paparazzi package

About 6 months before the wedding, there were a lot of misunderstanding. We communicated with them over email and phone calls and while one person agreed that we could swap certain props for free, the next person we spoke to would say that we had to pay extra. This went on for awhile until we got annoyed by the mixed messages and decided to go down to their office in Yishun to get an accurate picture of what was going on.

We met James, the director. He was nice and super apologetic for the misunderstanding. We cleared the air and told him what we wanted. He agreed and we thought that would be the end of it. Apparently not.

A month before the wedding, they sent us an email asking us to confirm with them what our theme was. At this point, we just referred them to James, saying that we had already given him all the details. They replied claiming that James was overseas. BUT I had his number (because when I initially signed up I was so impressed I recommended them to my sister who got married 3 months before me - she too had issues communicating with them and somehow ended up communicating directly with James and had his contact) so my husband called him and he was in Singapore. He said he has met with so many couples and can't remember what we wanted. He was again very apologetic and told us to liaise with his staff, Rachel. So fine.. at this point I didn't want to waste time picking fault. I just wanted to make sure my wedding would go fine.

We emailed Rachel what we wanted AGAIN. This time in black and white so it won't go wrong right? Wrong. She didn't reply. We send the email to her 4 times before finally deciding to Cc the main company email threatening to bring this issue to case. We were desperate. After that email, we finally got a reply. Rachel was apologetic. She promised us that she will handle everything properly from now on. 10 days before the wedding, the company finally made time to go down to the site with us. They kept reassuring us that they work with temasek club a lot and are very familiar with the place. Honestly, it didn't feel like they were putting in effort to know what we were looking for. They were very ready to duplicate their past works and get it over and done with. At the wedding venue we told James where we wanted what and he was very ready to say yes to what we asked for. He assured us everything would be done properly. Yay...

1 week before the wedding, they sent us the invoice asking for the second payment (first payment was done at the wedding fair). We made the payment and told them to check. 2 days before the wedding. They said they sent us the wrong invoice and it was short of $600! They called us to chase for the payment and asked for it to be done by the end of the day. Yes, we should have checked but at that point we were paying videographers and photographers etc, it slipped our mind.

Finally the wedding day, with all the drama I was praying that everything would go well.
Sadly, no. The photo booth that was supposed to be there for 2 hours left early. There was a missing flower arch. We requested for a vintage fairy tale theme but the entire theme was fairy tale (okay la, this one I can close one eye with the kind of service I was already not expecting much). We had one request we made very clear cause we even sent Rachel pictures via email. We told her we didn't want candles on our photo table but on the wedding day, there were plenty of candles on the table. I don't even know whether to be angry or sad or pissed off. At this point I'm just sad the decor at my wedding was mediocre.

That being said, I would like to specially mention Gina from Im.Paparazzi who unlike the rest of the company did a very good job with designing the template for the photo booth and also was super professional and prompt with her replies. Thank you Gina for making our experience less painful.